Dieter Brummer passes away

Home and Away

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as they tried with others, Shane & Angel were Home and Away’s Scott & Charlene. The wedding is iconic, but that was Angel’s Day, Shane’s Death was very much about him and they did well not to make it about Angel, that death sequence and the reaction the next episode are some of the best moments the show has produced and are even more poignant today. Listening to the lyrics of ‘There is a Garden’ now, it’s tragically prophetic.

Very sad news. A shame a lot of the media are using pics and stories of Melissa George in their reporting. They made no secret of their feelings towards each other and his death should most certainly not be about her 

3 hours ago, ter06 said:

Very sad news. A shame a lot of the media are using pics and stories of Melissa George in their reporting. They made no secret of their feelings towards each other and his death should most certainly not be about her 

I agree, however their storyline is what he is predominantly known for, so it makes sense that, that would be the lead in stories about his passing. Doesn't make it right, but the media is not always about doing what is ethical.

Does anyone know if they resolved their differences in recent years?

Will be interesting to see if she makes a comment out of necessity, or because she truly wants to.

Its always so sad when someone feels that they have nothing left to live for, and makes the decision to end their life.

Whatever Dieter was going through, I hope he is finally at peace. RIP

1 hour ago, Summer's Bay said:

I agree, however their storyline is what he is predominantly known for, so it makes sense that, that would be the lead in stories about his passing. Doesn't make it right, but the media is not always about doing what is ethical.

Does anyone know if they resolved their differences in recent years?

Will be interesting to see if she makes a comment out of necessity, or because she truly wants to.

Its always so sad when someone feels that they have nothing left to live for, and makes the decision to end their life.

Whatever Dieter was going through, I hope he is finally at peace. RIP

Not sure if they have resolved their differences but I doubt it.

Definitely their story was what made them so popular on H&A but a lot of the press I saw also has Melissa in the headline photo. There is no reason for them to use a 26 year old photo. The Sun even has a headline on its main page “Inside tragic Dieter’s stormy relationship with Melissa George” Just think it’s a bit insensitive but maybe it’s just me. 

The fact Dieter and Melissa didn't get on was well publicised at the time.  A comparison to Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey would not be unfair here.

It's notable Melissa has been silent.  Which is fair enough, if she didn't like him it would be hypocritical to pretend she did now.

Archived