Fashion Vistas

Guest Andy

Fashion vistas

Spike, The Sydney Morning Herald

21 April 2005

It's not enough that our young folk want to live like soap stars; now they're wearing their clothes too. The Seven Network is moving into the fashion business by launching the Summer Bay line of women's clothing, inspired by the show Home & Away.

Made in China, the range will be featured in the show and worn by three characters: Matilda Hunter (played by Indiana Evans), Martha Mackenzie (Jodi Gordon) and Cassie Turner (Sharni Vinson).

Apparently a heap of research was done into the range, with the geniuses behind the heinous idea nominating words such as "happy", "young", "not too challenging" and "cute" to describe the "vision and focus" of the designs - mostly denim skirts and tank tops.

But surely there is potential for the range to be broadened. Spike can see a definite market for Alf Stewart-inspired BBQ aprons or an Irene Roberts range of lingerie. And why stop with Home & Away? Blue Heelers or All Saints would provide a smorgasbord of fashion ideas. Who wouldn't want a Terri Sullivan nurse's uniform under their tree this Christmas?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And why stop with Home & Away? Blue Heelers or All Saints would provide a smorgasbord of fashion ideas. Who wouldn't want a Terri Sullivan nurse's uniform under their tree this Christmas?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Georgie Parker (Terri Sullivan in All Saints) already has her own line of sleepwear.

Fashion vistas

But surely there is potential for the range to be broadened.? Irene Roberts range of lingerie.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey there is something for us older genaration then :D ,but have we seen enough of Irene's lingerie?.To want to buy it ? :D:wink:

..... Alf Stewart-inspired BBQ aprons or an Irene Roberts range of lingerie. And why stop with Home & Away?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha...LMAO...and whats wrong with this suggestion may I ask? Personally i think that Alf pinnies would improve the appearance of quite a few men on BBQ duty. I am also sure that my other half, who as everyone knows is a HUGE Irene fan,,,would not say no to me parading round is said lingerie. LOL...I would love to see Barrys face if Irene came downstairs in a sexy teddy. :wink: ... Oh...and he had just bought his boss home for dinner withhout telling her,,and she was planning a night of a different kind...LOL :lol: Now that would be classic! :wink::wink::lol:

:lol: :lol:your post has made me chuckle chaterbox.I could imagine seeing Barry and Irene chasing each other around the Beach house, her in her not so big Knicker's and Barry in a Pinnie with his BBQ tong's and him chasing her with his spatula.Could you imangine Hayley's and Tasha's face's :lol:

I think that a line called  Josie's Secrets with a 1989 logo might be more apt at the moment -  what do you reckon?  :wink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hhahaah that'd rock :lol: Of course Laurie would have to model them :wub:

Archived