Euros 2020

pembie

I do find the over drastic falls when getting fouled incredibly fake That fall that Kane had into the goal post looked nasty but he was up and back to normal in five seconds lol 

I think I will keep a eye on Wales and Scotland 

But well done England even though I think you should be able to score more than one goal in a hour and half haha

is it me or is the filming done abit strange 

So Friday I think England are back playing 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a good start for Scotland...or indeed Poland (I'd forgotten Slovakia had Dubravka and Duda though, so I'm quite pleased for them!). And an incredibly low-key start for Spain, so that leaves that group wide open!

Yep, it's England v Scotland on Friday. Wales play before that, I think on Wednesday.

France narrowly win, and Portugal suddenly go mad in the last 10 minutes when it looked like it was going to be a 0-0, so suddenly Germany are the ones with a disadvantage in the group of death. It may come down to how many they all whack past Hungary!

I've managed to catch the end of matches on my break at work, but the tellies seem to be stuck on ITV: Wales v Turkey's on BBC at that time tomorrow so not sure if it'll be on.

Ronaldo's fitness level is phenomenal and to think he's been world class for over 17 years!

It's difficult trying to keep up with the games.  Missed several last week because of the French Open and had to stream them online.  It's difficult balancing that with work.  And obviously Wimbledon starts shortly so that makes things interesting.

I'm really not keen on France's style of play although it's effective.  The game with Germany last night was reminiscent of the World Cup Semi final against Belgium where they got a goal and shut up shop.

Really enjoyed the Wales/Turkey game.  You could see at the end rather than keeping the ball in the corner Bale was determined to make up for the penalty he missed.  With a 2-0 win they are almost certain to go through (although not mathematically a certainty) at worst as third place losers.

Switzerland losing 3-0 to Italy doesn't bode well and takes qualification out of their hands.  It's made worse by the fact that Italy have now qualified and are likely to rest key players for the final group game in preparation for the second round.  If Wales avoid defeat they will definitely qualify and will top the group if they beat the Italians.  Despite the pundit's positivity and the chance to play the second round at Wembley, I'm not convinced they can beat Italy even if they drop some key players.  Italy have looked pretty good but they wasted quite a few chances tonight and they'll have to be more clinical against the better sides.  The group is such that even Turkey can qualify still although it's extremely unlikely.

Did manage to catch the end of the Wales game and punch the air in delight at that second goal, which I was convinced Bale had scored until I saw the highlights! So...only need one more point to be sure of qualification, but unfortunately the last game's against Italy.They will finish at least third though, which could be enough. I loved how the presenter declared Bale was the first person to miss a penalty in the European Championship without it being saved or hitting the crossbar in normal time since 2000: Talk about an overly long superlative!

Finland messed up against Russia, which could cost them.

Archived