Home Run: Outstanding Performance Of H&a This Year

Guest Andy

I think Neighbours is very "British" in style, which is why it enjoys more sucess over here, whereas the Aussies like their soaps slick and escapist.

I must say I generally find H&A to be far more watchable than any British soaps though, dunno why.

Home and Away seems to be doing really well at the moment. Congratulations to them. I look forward to seeing the present Australian episodes over here in the UK that are proving so popular with Australian viewers.

As my memory serves me, the Home and Away of 1988 was all about two sets of parents -- the young Pippa and Michael Scott and the older Alf and Elsie Stewart, with children being adopted every third month as young characters moved in and out of the show.

Well as my memory serves me, the Home and Away of 1988 was mainly about one set of parents, Tom & Pippa Fletcher, whilst we also saw the romance of Alf Stewart and Ailsa Hogan develop, despite his daughter Roo's objections.

Children were being fostered by the Fletcher's which caused a constant influx of characters moving in and out of the show, with one exception, Sally Keating, now Fletcher (Kate Ritchie) who was adopted by Tom and Pippa who is still a resident of Summer Bay today.

Archived