Who is your all time Favourite H&A Character- And Why?

UK_fan

Mine is Amanda Vale, what an amazing character arc and development she had, from bad/rude gyal to good girl.

What I loved about her is that in the iconic era with the Hunter's, Josh, Dan, Leah etc the character was sassy, fiesty, complex, bitchy, interesting, fun, unpredictable, entertaining, scheming and I adored her/Josh double act in the Project 56 memorable SL until it all went wrong.

What I liked is that she took on most of the goody two shoes hypocritical characters who acted like butter wouldn't melt and yet then either themselves or their own loved ones broke the law at times, the irony.

Amanda's total utter contempt for Leah made me laugh and I was on her side with the epic put downs, but I did enjoy them ending their rivalry when Amanda was in her redemption arc towards her exit.

Holly Brisley was amazing in the role and even when there were times that the character did come across as panto villain esque with her behaviour.. Holly always found a way to portray a inner vulnerability with the character and made sure that she wasn't one dimensional and then that led to the next era with finding out about Belle being her Daughter and that her Mother knew.. 

I also loved her man eating with the Baker boys and delighted she finally got the happy ending with Peter, but lastly there was devastation when she returned for Belle's sad death/emotional funeral.

9 hours ago, UK_fan said:

Mine is Amanda Vale, what an amazing character arc and development she had, from bad/rude gyal to good girl.

What I loved about her is that in the iconic era with the Hunter's, Josh, Dan, Leah etc the character was sassy, fiesty, complex, bitchy, interesting, fun, unpredictable, entertaining, scheming and I adored her/Josh double act in the Project 56 memorable SL until it all went wrong.

What I liked is that she took on most of the goody two shoes hypocritical characters who acted like butter wouldn't melt and yet then either themselves or their own loved ones broke the law at times, the irony.

Amanda's total utter contempt for Leah made me laugh and I was on her side with the epic put downs, but I did enjoy them ending their rivalry when Amanda was in her redemption arc towards her exit.

Holly Brisley was amazing in the role and even when there were times that the character did come across as panto villain esque with her behaviour.. Holly always found a way to portray a inner vulnerability with the character and made sure that she wasn't one dimensional and then that led to the next era with finding out about Belle being her Daughter and that her Mother knew.. 

I also loved her man eating with the Baker boys and delighted she finally got the happy ending with Peter, but lastly there was devastation when she returned for Belle's sad death/emotional funeral.

Amanda looks tame now  compared to what we  he had in the decade after she left. 

My Matt Page's growth from bad boy to responsible, lovely young man taking care of his trouble sister. 

This has taken some careful consideration, starting with reading through character lists and coming up with a Top 22.  Here are my Top 11 in alphabetical order by surname:

1. Marilyn Chambers
2. Donald Fisher
3. Sally Fletcher
4. Robbie Hunter
5. Oscar MacGuire
6. Steven Matheson
7. Leah Patterson
8. Irene Roberts
9. Pippa Ross
10. Bobby Simpson
11. Alf Stewart

Top 5:

1. Donald Fisher - we saw his pride in students as a school principal, as well as the various sides to him as a father and grandfather
2. Sally Fletcher - we watched her grow up from just a cute kid to a much-loved teacher, mother and friend.
3. Oscar MacGuire - funny, smart, caring, the underdog, lost a lot and had to grow up quickly, the mental health storyline had my emotions everywhere
4. Steven Matheson - funny, smart, caring, lost a lot and had to grow up quickly
5. Bobby Simpson - funny, smart, caring, I'm a while away from watching the introduction of Sam, but I'm sure she was a good mother too.

Oscar had my emotions everywhere, but it's probably got to be between Sally and Fisher.

I've watched Home and Away in different spells over the years.

When I was very young, Bobby was my favourite and I remember being sad at her death.
A few years later, I remember Pippa, Ailsa, Will, Alf, Irene, Donald, Maz and Leah but Vinnie was my favourite then.
Next period was with Maddie, Roo, the twins and my favourite was Hannah? the one who had to learn to walk again
After that the Astonis were hard to top and it's sad they are away.
At the moment I would go for John or Ziggy but please reunite John and Maz!

Archived