If the shoe had been on the other foot - Bobby's parents

Do you think that Barbara would have put Bobby up for adoption if she HAD been the mother and someone other than Fisher had been the father?

Would Barbara and Donald divorced sooner rather than later (since Alan is older than Bobby and Barbara married Donald because she was pregnant, Bobby's conception was an extramarital affair in any case) and would Barbara have raised Alan and Bobby on her own?  Because I feel like Barbara would have been a loving mother to Bobby, and Alan and Bobby would have been little troublemakers together.

Or what if Donald had known that Morag was pregnant and that he was the father and Barbara and Donald had agreed with Morag to raise Bobby as one of their own, providing Bobby with a loving mother?

• 2 weeks later...

Barbara and Donald don't exactly seem to be the world's greatest love story, so I can see her being prepared to keep Bobby and lose Donald. I'm not sure she'd be virtuous enough to help Donald raise his love child though, although she might have maintained some contact with her niece if she'd known. If Donald had known Bobby was his daughter, he'd probably have tried to do the decent thing, although he ended up being distant from Alan and Rebecca so who knows how that would have worked out.

• 1 month later...

Barbara to me in 1988 seemed too normal as she barely showed any reaction to finding out her sister had affair with her ex husband and had baby with. 

I like when Barbara had screens with Alf as her and Alf were two normal Stewart’s siblings as Alisa once said Barbara is only normal Stewart sister. 

But having said I don’t like how they turn Barbara into crazy psycho in 1996 just for shake of 5 minutes drama. 

As not even 80s  Morag was that crazy and I guest compared to many of crazy characters we had in many years following that Celia and 80s Morag probably seemed normal now compared to them. 

1 hour ago, j.laur5 said:

Barbara to me in 1988 seemed too normal as she barely showed any reaction to finding out her sister had affair with her ex husband and had baby with. 

I like when Barbara had screens with Alf as her and Alf were two normal Stewart’s siblings as Alisa once said Barbara is only normal Stewart sister. 

But having said I don’t like how they turn Barbara into crazy psycho in 1996 just for shake of 5 minutes drama. 

As not even 80s  Morag was that crazy and I guest compared to many of crazy characters we had in many years following that Celia and 80s Morag probably seemed normal now compared to them. 

Before the 1996 appearance, we last saw Barbara in the first week or so of 1989 when Bobby came to her house in the city, thinking that Barbara was her biological mother after reading Martha's diary and assuming that the "B" that Martha referred to was Barbara.  Bobby had asked her why she'd given her away, and Barbara had told her that she was wrong but wanted to stay friends following Alan's death.  We didn't get her reaction to finding out that Bobby was Morag and Donald's daughter.

Archived