How would you end the show?

project90

37 minutes ago, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

Neighbours handled it pretty well, never took the time to watch the whole show, but I saw the finale and it was wonderful.

It started as it ended, characters already living their lives on the one little street. God let me hit the number, buy a channel and bring it back! Plus I'd buy out the rights to all older eps (A man can dream, alright?)

But my vision for  H&A  would be.

• 2Hr Omnibus format akin to the Pilot,  just longer.

• 3 Shock Weddings

• Someone has  a baby.

•A Legend is laid to rest.

• Myths debunked/Questions answered.

• Full 60 sec Opening credits, Single version of Original 1988 theme in closing

•Oh and some returnees (Think Mass Stewart/Fletcher/Ross)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 29/09/2022 at 10:41, hapitoby said:

The respect Neighbours shows for its history and characters is great. I wish H&A even had a third of that.

It didn't need to until 2000 after that, there were four instances... Alf's 60th, Sally's departure, Roo's wedding to Harvey and Martha's return. That's it.

• 3 weeks later...

The hill I will always die on is that Ep 3870, the 2004 finale, would have been a perfect final episode.  I know it was deliberately engineered so Dan Bennett could pick up the showrunner job with a blank canvas, but those final couple of weeks tie up things brilliantly.

Archived