2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

So it's reached the point where Felicity is terrified of Tane (that much was obvious how she looked at him at the beginning and how she was at the beach later on).  I don't think he would ever hurt her but I can kind of see where she's coming from.  I do think there's an element of six to one half a dozen of the other but I still didn't like the way he was towards her last week.  Wasn't keen on Mackenzie in that episode at all.  I accept that she thinks Felicity is stalking Tane and followed her to her car so isn't very sympathetic.  But she should have stayed out of it when Felicity tried to talk to Tane and if she wasn't present then Felicity and Tane might have been able to reach some sort of understanding.  Tane also wasn't entirely honest with Mackenzie when he told her about Alf stepping in but the issue I have with Mackenzie is her advice is very much don't let Felicity win rather than trying to resolve the situation.  Part of me does think Roo should mediate some sort of discussion between them as I think she would try and be fair but like Mackenzie she's only hearing  one side of the story.

I did find the tension with Ryder and Chloe and everyone else's uneasiness at his birthday lunch quite amusing but I really didn't like the way Ryder accused her of sleeping with Theo in front of them.  I was pleased Justin took Ryder's side when he confronted Theo at the Diner.  Baring Leah, I'm glad people can see Theo for what he is.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, to the surprise of no-one but Justin, Leah refused to agree Theo was anything other than an innocent bystander.The idea of him moving in with them was shelved for now, but it seems inevitable: If he's sticking around, he's unlikely to be stuck in the motel indefinitely. I did like the mention of Mason, since it seemed like they were forgetting that one of their family is gone for good.(No mention of him in Tori's last episodes was slightly disappointing.)

Cracks starting to show between Logan and Mackenzie? Logan's made an impulsive decision and sooner or later he's going to get bored. In fact, he seems to be looking for something to break the monotony already and it's only been a day.Meanwhile, Mackenzie, in her words, feels "obligated" to indulge him.

0 to 100 for Dean there, going from "I don't want Jai visiting" to "He'll be here this afternoon." Ziggy learns that eavesdroppers rarely hear anything nice about themselves... She was actually still with Dean when Jai first showed up, although I don't think it lasted long.

I was hoping for Ryder to go off on a treasure hunting adventure when Alf gave him the compass 

I have liked Chloe upto this point but she really didn’t treat Ryder at all good at his own party Theo he can bugger off not a fan of him 

I can understand Justin wandering into Masons room and expecting to see him in there I can releate to that these days

Ari isn’t keen on the gym at all is he

Oh Anne Tane hmm This stalker story is  quite odd with Tane and Fecity clearly they are both making themselves look very guilty 

When Alf gave Ryder the compass, I thought:

A) I wonder how that survived the mudslide? Guess it was in Alf’s pocket.

B) Duncan missing out on his 21st maybe made sense, although it would’ve been a way to reach out, but Ric? Clearly out of sight, out of mind as Ric left the Bay before his 21st birthday too.

C) Is Ryder going to change his surname?

Both Tane and Felicity are assuming the other is stalking them because they just keep bumping into each other which you will do in  a small town, it's also the reactions when they do see each other, looking horrified/angry in equal measure. Looks like Felicity with a nudge from Mack perhaps, takes out a restraining order on Tane, he could do the same in the name of equality and all that.  Someone neutral should intervene so that excludes Mack and Roo. 

We didn't see Ryder, Chloe or Theo last night so it may be unresolved until 'we' come back.  Neither Leah or Justin got an unbiased account of what when down at the club, just heard Ryder's and Theo's versions which would be their versions, they could ask Bella or Nik. Of course Leah would defend Theo he's family and not wanting to sound racist, Greek to boot  and they are very family orientated.  Not that there is anything wrong with that but it can make you blinded to someone's faults.  Glad Justin put his foot down about Theo moving back in and thank goodness for Irene getting Leah to see how it must be for Justin.  Once she takes her tunnel vision  glasses off Leah can see things from another's point of view. That was sad when he mentioned he'd been wandering around the bedrooms remembering the old days, not all good of course. A mention of Mason at the Wedding wouldn't have gone amiss, he got a mention at Grace's naming ceremony.   Apart from Leah picking up the bill at the motel, time on his own may be good for Theo.  Is he going back to work anytime soon? 

Logan has gone from a high powered action job to full stop so would feel  very much a loose end, but no way should Mack feel obligated to him it was his decision to quit the MRT.  In fact he's coming across as a bit stalkerish wanting her to send all her time with him.   

Did Amber just let Jai walk in on his own, what about his bags, did she dump them on the doorstep?   Ziggy by her own admission isn't the maternal type and awkward around young 'uns, tries too hard.  If I remember right things were  bit tense last time as Amber was jealous of Ziggy and didn't really want Ziggy around Jai which may explain his question to Dean about 'does she have to be here'?   Ziggy did give it all she could encouraging Dean to let Jai to visit once she got  him to admit the real reason he didn't want him to come.  

Just two more nights/afternoons to go before the break.

18 hours ago, ter06 said:

It did cross my mind that Alf might have been storing the compass on the Blaxland at the time of the landslide: He already owned it in 2000, right?

We have to wait until the end of the episode to see Cash talk to Felicity, meaning he and Jasmine are wandering around making a contractually obligated appearance for much of the run time.So, they are going to the fundraiser, not entirely clear if it's John's table but that seems to be the implication.Roo didn't help matters by giving an exaggerated second hand account of what Tane did at the club: Did she even talk to Ryder and get his version of events, or did she just embellish Felicity's relatively mild account on her own?

Martha's obsession with getting an extra table into Salt felt like it was a bit of a red flag which Alf and Roo really didn't pick up on.

Logan and Mackenzie talked and he's got himself at least a casual job.She found time out to be agony aunt to Ziggy as well.Possibly expecting a bit much from Jai but he seemed to come round in the end.

Archived