2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

3 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Another soap cliche box ticked - Mac fancies Logan - she did look back after she walked away from talking to him on the beach. ?

Yes indeed the old “if she/he looks back they are indeed interested in the other person”. And yes Mackenzie is keen but Logan is too :wink:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alf's episode count this block:Three.Nikau was again in two but comatose for one of them.

Well, I guess John was always the most likely candidate for the "intruder".He obviously doesn't know the meaning of the words hands-off. I had some sympathy for Justin, but I guess Leah and Marilyn are right that he needs to learn to get on with John.Listening to his ideas might be going a bit above and beyond though.

I don't often say anything nice about Chloe, but she surprised me here.She didn't look too keen on the idea of being volunteered to help out Roo and Martha, so I was expecting her to be a bit sulky and not really contribute anything.But it turns out she flung herself into it and was a big help. (Not quite sure why she was at such a loose end though: Is her job at the Diner very part-time?)

Jasmine was being a bit of a drama queen with the voicemail, but at least it got Cash's attention...for a bit.I liked Cash getting advice from a bemused but oddly helpful John.

Be a lot on Ryder if he is going to be doing all the deliveries, he's doing his bit at the board shop, his shifts at Salt and TAFE.  How are they going to find the money to buy the food and ingredients for their takeaways and where are they going to be cooking it all?  I think Chloe is very part time at the moment.  Chloe did come into her own with her ideas for the Fund raiser, even if she was hustled into it, she does know what she is doing there.  She was certainly giving that dealer both barrels. 

I can see, kind of, why Alf is worried that Martha is getting too involved in the project maybe he feels it's her way of taking her mind off Keiran.  But as Roo said it's something that's very close to her and means a lot and if it is helping her she should go for it. 

I can foresee trouble t'mill - sorry - garage. John did have the right to obtain the keys from the current landlord to look over the garage, but did the landlord not  tell him what the alarm code was or did Justin have it installed?  If that was the case he could have given Justin the heads up and he could have told him. Can totally understand Cash's frustration at John and Justin squabbling like a couple of schoolboys. The legality over what John could or couldn't do isn't down to him.  Justin may know John  but Marilyn and Irene have known him a lot longer so know he can get very into something when he first gets involved.  It always helps though if you know something/anything about the business you've taken an interest in. He is only the landlord of the building not the garage.  Unless he's worried that if the business  isn't doing well Justin would have trouble paying the rent. The number of times the place has been shut it's a wonder anyone does still goes there.   

Justin will have to bite the bullet and listen to John and his ideas, doesn't mean he has to follow them, just say yes I'll think about it.? He shouldn't just dismiss them out of hand though just because John suggested them. 

Jasmine was acting like a child, but loved Irene pointed out it was the 22nd century and she could phone him without sounding needy.  Just bad timing she phoned him when he was trying to calm down the two J's so couldn't answer her call hence her rather testy voicemail message.  John may not know what ghosting meant but Cash explaining it to him brought about the ?moment.   That was followed by the awkward chat with Jas and the 'date' in Salt, interrupted by that call from Felicity which he ignored who of course phoned back just as they were moving in for a kiss. Some may say it was a sexist, un pc and out of date comment by John about women still being able to confuse men as to what they actually want, but hey it's one thing we are very good at so should embrace it. ?

Chloe better inject some coffee or Irene's gonna smell a rat as she's been up all night.

"Jeez, Darl. Open yer mouth any wider, something's gonna fly in there!"

That said, it's good to see a character focused on  a goal , However, the name La Cucaracha (Yes I know it's literally Espanol por Cockroach) has to stay!

Well, my first thought on Felicity is that we've already got Chloe so we don't need another obnoxious young female.The promo suggests there may be more to her than first appeared, but we'll have to see.She's got a few of Amber's traits as well, so I guess Tane has a type when it comes to his hook-ups.Jasmine continued to be a drama queen but at least she listened to Cash when he explained what was going on.Tane really chose the wrong person to be narky with.

Chloe managed to come up with a decent one-off plan, even if it did involve deceiving Irene, Marilyn and Ryder, but it's hard to see how this is sustainable in the long run.Are they only going to be able to make deliveries in the middle of the night?Or is the food going to be pre-prepared and heated when needed?

Fully sympathise with Justin.  Would hate to have John as my landlord.  He's essentially imposing himself on Justin's business and I agreed with Alf that it won't end well.  I did however like the interaction with John and Cash re Jasmine.

The way Jasmine was acting was really quite amusing.  The sulking and complaining to Irene about Cash's lack of effort, leaving the voicemail about him Ghosting her and running off in the middle of the date and her mildly sexist ticking off of Tane for using the showers/changing rooms on his day off.  I did kind of agree with Jasmine about Cash not telling her about having a sister given that on their date, she was telling them about her mother dying when she was young, being fostered, being close with Robbo's parents etc.  Although I guess they both have losing a mother in common.

Well the only reason Chloe agreed to help Martha and Roo because she was roped into it but to be fair, I can't really fault her how she's conducted herself.  I'm not even that annoyed that she's taking advantage of Irene/Leah using the Diner for her business and lying to Ryder about them being OK with it.  She's taking the Mick but at least it's not out of malice or spite - I guess she fairs better in scenes when she doesn't have to interact with either Mackenzie or Bella.  Marilyn didn't seem suspicious that Chloe said she came early just to let her in, was wearing the same clothes as the day before and when Chloe lied about the linger smell from cooking most of the night, attributing it to generations of aroma tips.

Great to get some fresh talent since the tragic death of poor Rachel.  Felicity seems like quite a selfish person but it's her first episode so I will give her the benefit of the doubt.  Given that (as predicted) Mackenzie is probably going to end up with Logan, I've kind of given up with the idea of her and Tane, so I don't mind Tane hooking up with Felicity.  Very awkward meeting with Tane and Cash the next morning, although they've not had a scene where the interaction has been good.

I found Felicity more bearable in her second episode.She came across as more of a force of nature than deliberately unpleasant.She'd still be a nightmare to live with, but I can see why Cash would put up with her, and she even seemed to be nice to Jasmine in her own in-your-face way.Plus of course we get that hint of vulnerability, suggesting she's still a child underneath it all.So, okay, I'm interested.

I'm glad Tane pointed out the double standard of Ari criticising him for stirring up trouble with the local cop with his relationship choices.Ari, rightly, didn't listen to anyone about Mackenzie.And even though he seemed to be eyeballing Tane, I think Cash is less vindictive than Colby was.(Heck, he seems to be leaning too far the other way at times!)

A bit of a bait and switch to have Justin and Leah suddenly get their money back after being told it could take ages, but I'm pleased for them all the same.A rug-pulling moment for John though.

Chloe fesses up to Ryder but not to anyone at the Diner.I'm still utterly confused as to how this takeaway business is supposed to work though. Given how late the Diner seems to stay open, are they only delivering in the middle of the night?

10 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Chloe fesses up to Ryder but not to anyone at the Diner.I'm still utterly confused as to how this takeaway business is supposed to work though. Given how late the Diner seems to stay open, are they only delivering in the middle of the night?

IKR???? Did they just pop everything they cooked in the freezer and now they bung it in a microwave when no one’s looking. (Because reheated tacos would be delicious - not. ?)  Who’s delivering it? Or is it being picked up on the sly while Ryder is manning the surf shop - in between his shifts at Salt?? Also Do they really think that Irene and Leah aren’t going to notice a sudden jump in their utility bills? None of it makes any sense.

Couple of questions regarding both Ryder and Chloe and Felicity and Tane.  

Chloe and Ryder and the using of the Diner kitchen after hours - which  was a spur of the moment idea by Chloe.  I'm guessing no-one goes near the Diner after it's closed because wouldn't someone have noticed a light on even with the doors closed?  I'm also going on the idea neither Bella or Mac were at home because wouldn't they have heard something going on downstairs or smelt food cooking?  The spices were still lingering the next day, hence Maz's comment. If it is going to be an ongoing thing, although Ryder and Chloe are providing their own food they are in effect stealing the Diner's electricity and at some point someone is going to notice a rise in their leccy bill.  I wondered the same about Maz not noticing Chloe was wearing the same clothes as the day before, she's normally pretty sharp on things like that. Ditto on the delivering of the takeaways, they can't start cooking until after the Diner closes which isn't early, be even more difficult to get away with hiding their activities if it's going to be ongoing.  Although I was relieved Chloe did fess up to Ryder she hadn't got permission, he's now into doing something behind their friends back.  Although it's good to see young people being enterprising, the way they are going about it is wrong.  Although Chloe and Ryder are responsible around the cooking of the food there would also be insurance implications if an accident occurred. It knackered Ryder and Ryder and that was only one night, no way can they carry on  like that without one of them collapsing in a heap. 

Just when was Felicity supposed to tell Tane her brother was a cop?  When they first saw each other, having their first drink, smooching on the dance floor, snogging each other's face off, mid bonk "oh by the way my brother's a local cop"? A real passion killer that.?? She, if I read Cash's explanation to Jasmine right, has to be around 24/5? He said she was a teenager when she was giving their foster parents grief and that was 10 years ago, making him a couple of years older than her. Not as if then Tane was preying on a vulnerable teenager, she was more than  a match for him.  Another one who can mix a cocktail or two - future storyline there perhaps?? All this brash, tough front is just that as we did see her vulnerable side when she was looking at the photo album she got upset when she looked at the photo of the four of them, Cash didn't look that much older.  Bit harsh of him reminding her they hadn't been on holiday they stayed in that place as it was near a hospital. At least it looked like she took to Jasmine, revealing Cash's darkest secret  - his crush on his teacher.? Her and Jasmine have lost their mums, usually hits girls harder, older brothers have to be the tough ones.  Difference with Cash's, Felicity's and Jasmine's history is her dad just disappeared off the scene whereas their dad died.

As an afterthought, and I'm not being sexist, Chloe could just as easily have been a younger brother, or ageist but why didn't Cash pay the rent by DD, saved a lot of hassle? 

It does seem to be a family trait that the Parata men are attracted to the sisters/ex girlfriends of cops. ?  Tane brought up Ari dating Mac but no mention of Nik dating Bella which is a lot more recent.  OK I know Colby isn't a cop now but he was when Nik and Bella first got together. 

Let's be generous and call John enthusiastic, he is a businessman after all which isn't Justin's forte, so may have had some good ideas. He was though only going to be the owner of the building,  not anything to do with the garage.  Terrific news about Leah and Justin getting their money back, but, unless I'm missing something,  I didn't get them telling John he didn't need to buy the place now, I though John had said he'd signed a contract.?

Archived