2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I still can't get behind Ari and Mia.  Even when they were having the ultrascan with the baby, I just couldn't feel it with this couple.

I do think Martha was being quite cold to Keiran initially but again, I do think her hesitancy and reluctance are very understandable given how he's treated her.  I did find Roo's jaw dropping expression at her lack of warmth amusing (much like when she found out about Kieran's existence).

Overall, I'm still quite liking the interaction with Keiran and Jasmine.  Whilst she was surprised, I don't actually think she disliked it when he tried to kiss her.  And let's face it, Jasmine doesn't have too many friends and the way she was in the Diner sitting by herself right near Chloe/Ryder to me shows she is lonely or being portrayed that way.  Not sure anything should happen with Keiran due to one of the golden rules of recovery though.  I really didn't like how Kieran got angry with her at being rejected and it's still a concern.  Although her response to it was first class.

Again didn't really like the way Alf accused Kieran of harming Jasmine after she had a fit although it's to be expected.  Alf did seem a lot more measured when Keiran moved out of Irene's and into his.  Perhaps he's subscribed to keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.

Not sure what to make about Cash.  His leniency made me think initially he was very fair but that coupled with turning a blind eye has made the alarm bell go off.  His conversation with Alf made me think he possibly has first had experience of alcoholism, not necessarily as a police officer.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can't all like the same couples/people, it'd be very boring.  I, though like Ari and Mia, they took a huge leap of faith getting back together after their past history. Then deciding to try for another baby, it may be considered boring  and safe but I hope everything goes OK for them.  Chloe is a right little madam sometimes but does love Mia and Ari and is looking forward to having a little sister, though would be worried as she remembers previous pregnancies.  I'm supposing the hospital is keeping an eye on Mia. 

Roo was being pushy again,? this time with Martha, she will make up her mind when she chooses, not when it suits Roo, frustrating for Kieran though, not knowing if he will be staying or leaving, depending on what mum decides. Alf is, for once, keeping his neb out and letting Martha take her time without his input.  I guess Martha's  coldness could be put down to a form of self protection, she had just come out of therapy herself. 

A simple misunderstanding between Kieran and Jasmine, he took her actions for something else, she is a tactile kind of person which he isn't used to so not surprising he read it wrong.  I think a lot of his storming off and getting angry was down to embarrassment and he just wanted to have time to himself.   Seemed he'd taken his counsellor's advice to take time out to cool down.  

It's OK  Alf, I accept your apology for accusing me of being drunk and attacking Jasmine, then calling the cops when actually she had a seizure due to the fact she hadn't had  her morning meds.  Something, of course, that didn't happen, unless it was off screen.  Fair enough Alf wouldn't know about her epilepsy brought on by the food truck blow up, but he leapt in with both feet anyway.  Was Kieran aware, seeing  as they live in the same house, plus wasn't her epilepsy the milder version where she just blacked out? ?  Kieran was ready to bail, again, until Martha having made her mind up stood up and said he was coming home, albeit on the sofa, until a van is available.    Kieran and Jas hugged without him getting the wrong idea. 

Not wrong Slade, any recovering addict is advised not to embark on a new relationship for at least a year, to concentrate on getting better. Brody was, but like most people, ignored the advice.   How about relationships you are already in - like Leah and Justin? 

Tori, Christian and Grace seemed to have a good time away - very unexpected, I'm guessing, "Mummy" from Grace.   As usual, with that pair both coming from different directions, but both wanting the same thing.  Another misunderstanding coming up with of course Tori going off in  a huff. 

I knew Leah was feeling uncomfortable around Justin, avoiding him without trying to be too obvious.  On one level she realises his recent behaviour was down to his overdosing and addiction, but would still have been painful  and hurtful to go through, they both have  a way to go, have they talked to each other about it?  

A decision was made then about the money found by this 'anonymous caller', it's being put into a fund to help out other victims, did I get that right?  The techies are working on Susie's laptop and have cracked her code so they can track down other victims.    Oh Tori, if only you knew how close to the truth you were.  Great news for John, he's got his money back, but understandably, doesn't want  a bar of it.   I hope he 'disposes' of it wisely.

The same thought occurred to me regarding Cash's comment about being around alcoholics.   It seemed a casual enough remark, but us seasoned soapers know better.?   Mum, dad, brother, sister or other relative.  

Parts of yesterday's episode I actually quite liked.

Justin's role was actually pretty good throughout.  Playing confidant to Tori, Christian and Ziggy.  I quite liked the interaction with Ziggy and that he saw her looking at Dean, she told him about the trip with Dean and Tane to the exhibition and he wouldn't let her get out of it (I do think it was also quite telling that John thought the idea all three of them going on a trip was odd as well).

Tori was much better in that episode.  She seemed more like the Tori that's often quite amusing with her mannerisms and not the self-righteous version we've had as of late.  I really liked the banter with Justin re trying to get back with Christian and I quite liked the music they played in the background to make the scene quite light-hearted (It's similar to the semi-comical way some of the Ari/Mia scenes have been portrayed).  I'm waiting to see what happens re Christian not wanting to move in with her yet.

Given the preview, don't really want to comment too much on the Ziggy/Tane/Dean stuff until the next episode.

Christian and Tori did get their wires crossed but I don't think it was down to anything Justin got wrong while being cross examined by Tori. She does have this habit of rushing off when she gets embarrassed, leaving Christian or whoever it is in her wake.  Justin did well persuading her to got to Salt. 

Christian's plan was to propose wasn't it, but I thought he said he wanted to do it well so what is his plan?  Why doesn't he want to move back in? 

I do get the feeling this poster about the touch football is going to mean something more later, we keep seeing it and it would be superfluous that it just stayed there getting faded and crinkly. 

Very good advice from Cash to John about not using Leah's laptop to track down other victims of Susie so he can give them his money.  There could be some right dodgy ones along with the genuine ones like Stephen but look what happened there. 

Ooh, Ziggy, Dean and Tane having a trip to the city in the same car, that will be fun.  Actually Tane and Dean were fine with it, it was Ziggy getting her knickers in a knot about it. 

Justin was a busy boy being an agony uncle.  Who is going to fix his problem though? Pretty sharp of him seeing the looks Ziggy was giving Dean and didn't let her wriggle off the hook, getting her to confess about her being unsure about her feelings about Dean.  From the way he's been around Tane and Ziggy Dean appears to have moved on which is why suggested it. 

Odd that Bella texted Tane instead of Dean when Nik turned up at hers.?  I suppose if Tane had told Dean and Ziggy the real reason he was dropping out Dean would have  been back to theirs  to sort him out.  Ziggy wasn't at all uncomfortable being alone with Dean was she.?

Know what you are talking about - it is very ironic though. 

2 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Christian's plan was to propose wasn't it, but I thought he said he wanted to do it well so what is his plan?  Why doesn't he want to move back in? 

I think it’s because he wants to propose before he moves back in. The proposal would be the start of their lives beginning together again. 

I’m not surprised Tori ran off though, she’s been hurt by him so much and she thought they were both wanting the same. But it sounded like they finished the episode back on the same page! 

Not much to say again this week The show seems it lame after watching Corrie this week 

Bellas art exhibition how silly was that having the lead artist throw and smash one of their own photos While shouting at your ex boyfriend I’m not really sure that would have impressed in real life but hey I guess it could be considered passionate overdramatise Artist

So Dean and Ziggy left early but didn’t go that far away the entertrance maybe 

Spoiler

So Ziggy and Dean are going to get back together big eye roll boring But saying that and if it was Mac kissing someone esle while being with Tane Ziggy would have gone off on one so I’m not sure why Mac wants to help her

I thought this was leading up to the Olympics cliffhanger but didn’t seem too Everyone can get to and from that city very quickly that’s for sure 

Spoiler

oh I did like Chloe in the diner

Almost, sick to my back teeth of Nikau.  I actually wish he had gone to Japan.  He's a very selfish person, ruining Bella's special day and constantly harassing her.  The way the episode was progressing, I thought the preview on Thursday might have initially included Friday's and Monday episodes as I didn't think there was going to be time for Nikau to turn up at the exhibition.  In some respects it's a shame what happened as everybody seemed to be getting on really well.  Mackenzie and Ziggy apparently are good now (so their final act of reconciliation must have been off-screen).  Everybody was having a good time.  Dean wasted some very expensive food.  I do have to admit, I did find it funny Mackenzie was the one to try and stop Nikau when he gatecrashed given though she was in a very similar scenario at the Paratas all those weeks ago.  I kind of wish Irene had stuck around as I would have liked to have seen her reaction.  Nikau announcing to Bella in front of everybody via microphone that he loved her was utterly cringeworthy.

I wish they hadn't previewed Ziggy and Dean kissing as I would rather have had the element of surprise but I'm very disappointed with her.  I had a lot of sympathy for Mackenzie over these last few months.  But despite that, I've tried to be impartial and defend Ziggy because I always thought her actions were understandable and justified.  I had sympathy for her as well because of what happened with Jarrod and Brody and even though you could argue it was harsh her throwing Mackenzie out when Mackenzie kissed Tane, I did respect that fact that Ziggy was a person of principles.  Now I'm struggling to see why I defended her.  She hasn't done a Jarrod or Brody with Dean but she's now no worse than Mackenzie. I was always suspicious (as I suspect most people in this thread were) when she didn't tell Tane about Dean declaring his love for her despite the fact that she and Tane agreed to be honest with each other.  Then you have her getting annoyed just a few days ago about how Tane handled the whole Nikau sleeping with Sienna thing, which I felt was an excuse as she just wasn't that into him.  Also, Justin clocking that she was still into Dean and his and John's references to the original plan of Ziggy/Tane/Dean going to the exhibition together.  Finally Ziggy trying to talk Tane out of going seemed like subconsciously she wanted Dean to herself.  So I always felt something would happen with Dean but I was hoping that Ziggy would be more respectful and end things with Tane.  I will say though that given how Ziggy's been in the past, this is out of character and it feels like the writers have changed her to make the storyline more dramatic.  Nikau seeing them kissing and not confronting them again emphasises his selfishness as he was more focussed on Bella than protecting his own uncle.

Archived