2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I’m left wondering why Stephen bothered inserting himself into the bay at all? Would there have been any leads pointing to him if he’d just scarpered once he had dumped the body? There were more than enough suspects knocking about for the police to pin it on the wrong person without his help! ?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I can only assume that Stephen wanted to demonstrate that he thought Susie was still alive by continuing to search for her.Returning to the scene of the crime was a bit reckless though.

As for today...I think Ziggy overreacted. She did ask Tane if he'd have ever told Bella, which he couldn't answer, but otherwise he kept quiet for what, a week, maybe two? She kept quiet about Olivia cheating on Hunter for longer than that. Again, I'm left thinking that Ryder's too nice for Chloe.Fair enough, she apologised to him and Mackenzie but really? "I stood up for Nikau but if you cheat on me I'll smother you in your sleep"? How's that for hypocrisy? Throughout her chat with Mackenzie, I was thinking "Don't give her the job back, don't give her the job back" so I'm glad she turned her down.

I'm surprised Mackenzie served Kieran, doesn't she know he's an alcoholic? Anyway, Ryder to the rescue again and hopefully Roo can help him find Alf a bit less intimidating. Nice to see Jasmine out of hospital.

3 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

"I stood up for Nikau but if you cheat on me I'll smother you in your sleep"? How's that for hypocrisy?

Chloe is the biggest hypocrite ever. Like Nik cheating is fine but if someone does it to me yeah nah :angry2:

3 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I'm surprised Mackenzie served Kieran, doesn't she know he's an alcoholic?

Yeah I thought she knew too. But maybe she forgot? It’s been months since she last seen him (and a lot has happened since then too!).

I personally liked Sienna, not as a person but as a character.    I appreciate the posts that say there's nothing special about her and she's just a typical soap bitch.  She's pretty good at what she does and clearly knows the business and industry but the problem is she so focused on manipulation and control that she completely disregards her employees.  In a funny sort of way I do actually think she was deluded enough to believe she was doing what was best for Nikau.  I have to admit I did like the way she tried to wind Bella up when Bella confronted her on the beach just after Bella found out.  I also liked the way she wasn't afraid of Tane of Ari.  It will be interesting to see if she does agree to leave them alone and not take Nikau to court but I'm guessing that's the last we've heard of her.  I hope Nikau knows what he's doing as even putting aside the possibility of being sued he could potentially lose a lot of money, not taking the contract in Japan (and there's even the possibility of being able to sleep with Sienna again).  I did agree with Tane that Nikau had to tell Bella but I didn't agree in that particular instance that it would have been worse if she heard it from someone else.  It doesn't really make any difference to the outcome as far as Bella's concerned.  He's cheated on her and that's that.  As I mentioned before it was a shame about Allegra as I thought she had potential development as a character but it would have been difficult keeping her as she's a city girl and probably would have ended up like Amber i.e. interacting with certain characters by default and not because there's a natural reason or friendship.  I have to agree with pembie about Emmett.  I don't find him to be in interesting character at all although he is a good person.

I was getting a little bored of the murder investigation but I did like the part in the motel just after Leah discovered it was Stephen who was responsible, she tried to make an excuse to get away, Stephen realised that she knew, Leah then realised that Stephen knew that she knew and tried to make a run for it.  So the classic killing somebody unintentionally but rather than reporting the incident to the police, the individual disposes of the body.  I do agree that Stephen is not evil.  And even though it wasn't his place to say it, he was right about Justin being violent and unpredictable.  I was glad that Leah understood where Stephen was coming from and had some sympathy towards him (Even Marilyn appeared to as well).  Justin wasn't anywhere near as annoyed as what I thought he would be when he saw Stephen at the police station.  Perhaps he recognises that Stephen did him and Leah a massive favour as not only did he take care of Susie but he got their money back.  Irene delivered with her shock reaction when she found out about it.  Unfortunately, this has turned out as I expected with regards to Justin.  Putting somebody in hospital and getting a slap on the wrist.

I've pretty much been on Mackenzie's side and am really liking her now and I get that she's trying to make up for how she acted before and whilst I appreciate her going out of her way to make things up to people I just wasn't sure about a few things.  I mean, she said to Emmett she behaved appallingly.  That was pretty hyperbolic.  She was embarrassing yes but not appalling.  When she said Chloe's apology meant a lot I didn't think she was being entirely honest but I guess she was trying to be the bigger person.  Also, I didn't agree with offering Chloe her job back.  I actually thought that was a very bad move.  There was also selling Keiran the alcohol knowing he was an alcoholic.  She didn't even question it or think to call Ryder.

Finding very little likeable about Chloe.  Didn't like the way she was with Bella when Bella went to pick up her stuff from Nik's and didn't like the way she spoke to Mackenzie when Ryder asked her opinion about what happened with Bella and Nikau.  Didn't think her apology to Mackenzie was genuine although I do appreciate she had the sense not to take Mac up on her job offer to work back at Salt.  Watching how she and Ryder were during the stuff with Mac and over Thu/Fri episodes I do wonder if there will be compatibility issues going forward as Ryder generally sees things in black and white and has more of a moral compass than she does which is causing these disagreements.

Whilst I don't like how certain characters have acted towards Mackenzie, I don't have an issue with how Ziggy has been because it's very understandable.  After the way Mac acted she can't expect Ziggy to want to be friends again right away.  It's going to take a bit of time and she's going to have to work for it.  And I'm fine with that.  Mackenzie didn't chose the best time but to approach Ziggy again but I don't really think it would have made any difference.  I am glad Tane stuck up for Mackenzie though.  He still has a soft spot for her and I do think it will be difficult them being friends although I am hoping something happens with them someday.

I will say about Ziggy though, I really didn't like the way she was when she found out Tane knew about Nikau cheating on Bella and didn't tell her.  Why should he tell her?  It's none of her business and shouldn't affect their relationship.  And it's a bit rich given that Dean declared his love for her not too long ago and she didn't tell Tane about that.

I wish Roo hasn't told Alf about Keiran when he was away as I was looking forward to seeing him hit the roof when he came back and saw Keiran in surprise.  I'm not sure I would go as far as saying he's changed but Keiran is making an effort and I can't really blame him for not wanting to face Alf.  Given how Keiran threatened Roo when he was in the Bay previously, I have to admire her compassion and support regarding this.

Once again, I'm enjoying the scenes with Christian and Jasmine more than I do with Christian and Tori.

But Ziggy didn't cheat on Tane with Dean. She did overreact though, Nik told Tane in confidence but he kept urging him to tell Bella  before someone else did.  As Red posted Ziggy seems to have been suffering from selective memory loss that  she did the same in the past, I'd forgotten about that, but even if that hadn't happened  I would have questioned what she would have done if she had been in that position.  OK it was cheating and she'd been cheated on by Brody, but that was a full blown affair, not a drunken one night stand.   

I suppose Tane could have meant it was better Nik told Bella rather than it being Allegra or even worse Sienna who would have certainly embellished on it. 

Most characters in all soaps do things that turn us viewers off them for a time, Leah being the latest, it's the way their characters are, at least they are not bland al the time and always doing the right thing.  Ziggy has always been on the passionate side and when she gets the bit between her teeth it's hard for her to see the other side.  She took against Maggie when it was thought Marco may be her dad and refused to listen to her side of things and it took a while for her to forgive her. 

No real surprise Chloe turned down Mac's offer of her job back, but they have reconciled at least, Chloe doesn't have  a problem with Ryder being back there though, but as he said he does need to repay back the loan.  Does Alf know about the food truck he part invested in? 

I think Mac did know know about Kieran, didn't Ryder stop her serving him last time he was in the bay? ?  Mind you she wasn't in the best of places herself back then.  At least he didn't open the bottle which is a good sign. I think I'd need some Dutch courage if I was meeting Alf.  Got to give Mac a medal for persevering  with Ziggy.

It was good to see Jasmine and I liked her teasing of Irene pretending she'd forgotten what Irene had just said to her. 

Other than Stephen being found out as Susie killer I thought that was a very dull week of episodes 

Susies murder is a. very questionable timeline like how did Stephen get her phone in Justin’s car and I’m sure that fight Justin had with Stephen was a key part to begin Stephen framing him for it I will miss Andy I thought she was highly amusing 

Even though I think it’s a shame Nik and   Bella broke up I did get bored hearing about  them every episode last week

Kerain I feel they have made him very boring 

I thought Christian explained to Tori how he reason for not dying and coming back to save Rachel so I don’t know why Tori is still being off with him

4 hours ago, pembie said:

I thought Christian explained to Tori how he reason for not dying and coming back to save Rachel so I don’t know why Tori is still being off with him

I think it’s because she’s scared of getting hurt again. Which is understandable with all her previous relationships!! 

I never said Ziggy cheated on Tane with Dean but one of the reasons she was annoyed with Tane was that he kept what Nikau did from her which was rich given that she kept the fact that Dean told her he loved her despite she and Tane both previously agreeing to be honest with each other.

Archived