2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Do you think Sienna actually thought she NEEDED  to do any of the things she has? It feels to me like she’s just one of those people who enjoys messing with people’s lives for kicks. It was implied that she’s done the same previously with Emmett. I kind of think it’s all just a game for her - she’s got plenty more fish in the sea to take to Japan or wherever the next big gig is. She’ll enjoy the power trip, laugh about it and move on to the next victim. I’ve hated the whole storyline if I’m honest and can’t wait until it’s fully over! (With the exception of Emmett though. I wish he’d stayed!!) 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I didn't imagine it, he's in it tonight - hurrah!??

Sienna is just a total control freak and snob, she wasn't the least bit concerned when both Bella and Tane had a go at her, just shrugged  it off as if they are all so below her their opinions don't matter as long as she gets what she wants.  Nik is her 'pet' at the moment because he's different to other male models who have been on her books. Much as I would liked to have seen it I'm glad that Bella didn't belt her, she would have been charged with assault.   All well and good Nik telling Sienna to stick her job, unfortunately  there is the small matter of his contract and what that ties him into and for how long. Needs someone who knows these things to look at the small print.  How long does Nik think he can keep the fact he  and Bella are over from Ari, he's going to notice she isn't coming round anymore and if he doesn't Mia and Chloe will.   Has Nik made any actual money - apart from that one payoff from Sienna - all we and he have seen are gifts from the clients which won't pay the bills.   Dean is now in the know about what Nik has done, but hasn't gone gunning for him thanks  to Tane's wise intervention who made the very good point about Dean having  made mistakes in his past which he wasn't proud of.  Nik took his life in his hands by visiting Bella so soon, lucky he didn't end up at the foot of the steps.

I think Det. Peters need to go back to 'how to conduct an interview with a suspect' classes.  At no time has she mentioned when Justin allegedly killed Susie, just kept saying '"you killed her".  A solicitor would be right on that detail, you know a small thing like an alibi I thought Tori was going with him, but she disappeared, popped up briefly, then was gone again.  Second time Cash has seen Justin in a strop, but still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. * An 'accidental'  error by Det. Peters leaving the white board in the office for Justin to see?  *Didn't help he'd seen Leah with Stephen again who were standing pretty close and Stephen didn't help, yet again, by butting in.  He is so understanding isn't he??

All of the above is academic now anyway as the truth has been uncovered and what a shock - Stephen is the killer!?  So yah boo shucks Det. Peters.? For such a smart guy and he has been so far, rather two careless things to do leaving that phone lying around and not deleting the texts between 'Susie' and John, just an easy matter for Leah's antenna to twitch and dig out that bag with all the dosh in it and Susie's laptop.  I'm thinking that is John's money as we saw her packing it in her case at John's and  $90,000 would be a large amount to tote around.   Leah certainly kept a cool head by pocketing  it and sending a text to John.  She's got good hearing too as she heard him coming back in time to put things back where they were.   Going by the rather involved trailer Stephen rumbles Leah knows and tries to stop her leaving, but don't worry folks. she'll be saved in time.

I do hope we find out the whole story as to why and what he had against Justin, cos he did seem to have it in for him.  Was he the mysterious person on the end of the phone that Susie spoke to when she said she found the right ones - meaning Justin and Leah - then he found out she'd got another $50,000 stashed away so killed her in a rage. Or a genuine victim like he's said all along and that money was some sort of 'compo'?   What was his motived with all the subterfuge?  

That news will send reverberations round the bay - everyone thought he was an OK guy, well not Justin. 

That was the same place Taylor Rosetta stayed in wasn't it?  Btw nothing to do with ought but I HATED those curtains!!!!!??

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

So, yes, to the surprise of no-one, Stephen killed Susie.I'm actually quite pleased that the show portrayed him with a bit of nuance.Despite several theories to the contrary, he was just a broken man who had his life ruined by Susie, pushing him to extreme lengths, rather than an accomplice who got greedy.He was a bit menacing towards Leah at times but probably wouldn't hurt her.And while we know Justin's a decent bloke generally speaking, he beat Stephen up with little if any provocation, so it's understandable that Stephen would feel justified in setting him up to take the fall until Leah burst his bubble.Not that I blame John and Justin for looking at him with scorn, although I do think John had very little chance of talking Susie into living a virtuous life.So, Detective Peters will probably now get the credit for solving the case, despite Leah and John handing her the culprit on a plate.Ho-hum.

And from a nuanced villain, we come to a completely un-nuanced villain.Because really, what was in it for Sienna? All she had to do was run her agency at least vaguely honestly and she'd be in Japan cashing in.Instead, she's driven away her star model and star photographer, been left with an expensive job she can't fulfill and was even stupid enough to let Bella keep the only copy of the photoshoot while twisting the knife with Nikau.Honestly, I thought on Monday that it was Sienna's laptop they were viewing the photos on but apparently they downloaded it to Bella's laptop? Nikau probably thinks losing out on his payment for the job is worth it to be shot of her.I like that Emmett turned up to support Bella, and that Dean called him.Bella calling Nikau over to tell him she doesn't want to see him felt a tad redundant?

On 18/08/2021 at 12:53, christine king said:

Yeah ikr Emmett is the only good thing about the modelling storyline.

I haven’t found anything that special about Emmett really his ok

Overall enjoyed the modelling story even though I find it amusing Nik has had the same facial expression and same pose for every photo haha his not a very good model shame he spilt up with Bella they for me were a believable couple

I was glad Emmett got to meet the "real" Mackenzie and clear the air with her.And Bella and Mackenzie got to bond over being let down by Parata men.In fact, there were lots of nice bits of little character interaction here:Bella and Dean, Ari and Dean, Bella and Emmett, and of course Bella and Ryder.Is it a coincidence that Nikau wasn't in it..?

We got a promo of Chloe being ultra-obnoxious and I wondered if she would really be that bad and...yeah, she was.Fair enough, no need for her to stop being friends with Nikau.And I don't even blame her for pleading his case to Ryder, although she needs to recognise that Bella is Ryder's friend and he's going to be just as protective of her as she is of Nik.But there was no need to snipe at Mackenzie after Ryder asked her opinion.And seriously, where does she get off having a go at Bella as if she's the one in the wrong?

So, the question of what's happened to John's house sale gets answered, and he even gets to snap at Marilyn for being a bit annoying.Alf's reaction to Kieran being back isn't surprising.To be honest, I'm not sure if he's right or not.Kieran's been okay since he's back but he's still a potential problem.But yeah, Alf doesn't get to be the town sheriff this time.

To be fair pembie, you are a bloke so wouldn't 'see' Emmett in the same way as us women  do.

He's not  a flash guy - no photographic pun intended - which he could be with his job, but he loves his job and comes across as a caring sort. He could have been very patronising towards Bella who was foisted on him but he took a genuine interest.  Models are meant mostly to look bored and straight faced  in their shots they do spend a lot of time just standing/sitting around posing, it's the same with cat walk models, they never smile.  Dean did the right thing calling him and he was just who Bella needed to see, took her mind off her own problems  for a while.  He was taken back but in agreement with her deleting all those photos, which was a shame as they were good.  They have got the exhibition to prepare  for so are off to the city, give Bella something to concentrate on.  He did in effect tell Sienna to do one and get out of town as she'd more than shot her bolt.  A thought did cross my mind and I hope it doesn't happen, that Bella reads too  much into Emmett's interest in her gets drunk and makes a pass at him.  He, being no Sienna however, wouldn't respond.  Emmett did say Sienna was a control freak. 

Nik was never really comfortable being a model, he was more upset in letting his family down by not being able to provide for them like he had planned.  Sienna did kind of slink off after the showdown between Ari and Nik, but as only Sienna could. 

I hope Emmett may become a semi permanent character as I think he and Mac could become a couple, he has seen her at her worst don't forget and they were very easy together, just chatting as friends might. 

I can understand Chloe defending Nik as he is family, but what about sisterhood? Ryder, although being friends with both took Bella's side, not the usual blokey thig to do.  It is way out of character for Nik though so maybe down the line Bella could forgive him?  It was good to see that neither Bella or Dean didn't blame Ari or Mia, but they had no control over Nik, he's an adult, who has gone somewhere for a few days. 

Apart her strop with Mac Chloe seemed fine that Ryder was working back at Salt as there was no mention of it. 

I did believe Stephen when he said Susie's death was an accident, falling and hitting her head, happens so many times, than panicked and threw her body in the bay.  It did all happen then on the day Susie left the bay, he must have been pretty close behind to be able to pick up her phone and still catch up with her.  That must have meant he drove her car to the airport and got back to his own somehow. But then he started to become unravelled, got involved with the 'hunt' for Susie, got too close to Leah causing Justin to flip, who was having the pain killer problem.  If, he hadn't been going through that he'd have been the usual Justin and certainly wouldn't have clobbered him.  Then to prolong the hunt for her he started sending John those text messages keeping everyone guessing.  I'm guessing  must have got her name for John from her phone.?  It was Justin and Leah's money in the bag, which I suppose they will get back eventually as it'll be needed as evidence.  He was very deluded in thinking Leah would run off with him and Leah did well in talking him into giving himself up.  The suggestion that what he was putting Justin through and what he put John though was as bad as what Susie did.  If he gets a good enough lawyer they could get the charge down to manslaughter. 

Handy Cash knew where the motel was, seeing as he's a newbie.   Does Det. Peters just get to walk away with no apology to Justin?  Could she be done for wrongful arrest?  As relieved as Justin was to have Leah invite him back home, he recognised he wasn't ready yet and needs to finish his rehab which is a good sign. 

Leah, to my mind, wasn't going to the cops to turn Justin in, or trying to escape Stephen, she just wanted to get away from those bloody horrible curtains!?

I noticed John in the background outside his house when Ari and Mia came home, then later when Dean(?) approached him.  Good choice to stay, he did admit it had been a knee jerk reaction, something people do when things like that happen. 

Had Irene been away for the day as she needing filling in on what had occurred with Stephen?

Oops Alf is home early, not giving Roo or Kieran any time to find somewhere else  for him to stay, though that does get solved next week.??

Roo had to do some fast talking to get Alf to agree to at least listen to what Kieran had to say.  OK Alf can throw him out of the house and the caravan park, but you're right Red he isn't the sheriff?, though he could have run Sienna out of town. 

I think that scene of Kieran buying that bottle of whisky is a teaser and not what we are supposed to think it means. Only my opinion though. 

3 hours ago, H&Alover said:

I hope Emmett may become a semi permanent character as I think he and Mac could become a couple, he has seen her at her worst don't forget and they were very easy together, just chatting as friends might.

Yes Mackenzie and Emmett are great together :wub:

16 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I was glad Emmett got to meet the "real" Mackenzie and clear the air with her.And Bella and Mackenzie got to bond over being let down by Parata men.In fact, there were lots of nice bits of little character interaction here:Bella and Dean, Ari and Dean, Bella and Emmett, and of course Bella and Ryder.Is it a coincidence that Nikau wasn't in it..?

Ikr so nice ^_^

Archived