2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

The phone thing is bothering me. I seem to remember that Susie ran it over as she left but I can’t remember if she picked it up again after she did that?
Did someone else in the bay stumble across it in the road and hang onto it just so they could plant it as evidence?
If she picked it up then that raises the possibility that she was working with someone else and they turned on her. Unless of course she kept it for some reason and then her killer just happened to find it after bumping her off. Hmmm……

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Little bean said:

The phone thing is bothering me. I seem to remember that Susie ran it over as she left but I can’t remember if she picked it up again after she did that?
Did someone else in the bay stumble across it in the road and hang onto it just so they could plant it as evidence?
If she picked it up then that raises the possibility that she was working with someone else and they turned on her. Unless of course she kept it for some reason and then her killer just happened to find it after bumping her off. Hmmm……

It's bothering me too. I had assumed Johns texts he was receiving from "Susie" would've been from s different phone and number (as it wasn't a saved number in John's phone when we saw a shot of the screen). So the police would be trying to trace that phone surely? 

But the phone that has been planted in Justin's car definitely looks like it's been run over....and in no fit state to be sending text messages 

7 hours ago, Little bean said:

5 minutes ago, 630si said:

It's bothering me too. I had assumed Johns texts he was receiving from "Susie" would've been from s different phone and number (as it wasn't a saved number in John's phone when we saw a shot of the screen). So the police would be trying to trace that phone surely? 

Susie drove off after smashing the phone: I get the feeling she intended to completely destroy it but didn't realise it was still at least partly intact.It's not been made entirely clear, but Amy accused John of sending the texts from a burner phone so...my best guess is that the texts came from a different phone, but the police have had a track out for Susie's old phone since she first went missing, and this is the first time it's been turned on. (Which would suggest they'd have tracked it before now if it had been turned on to send the texts.) I could, of course, be completely wrong.

Stephen certainly seems to be keen to cast suspicion on people, raising questions about John last week and Justin this one.I'm disappointed John didn't stick to his guns, because, yeah, he might have been wrong about Susie, but he's known Justin a lot longer.Cash seems to have better instincts than Amy, as while she's hanging around waiting for Justin to confess, he's clocked there's something strange with Stephen's behaviour.

Sienna was probably only doing it to twist the knife with Nikau, but it was nice that Bella got to show off her photography skills anyway.And she also got to have a few words with Allegra about her behaviour the night of the launch party.Nikau is kidding himself if he thinks Sienna will let him go once she's got this job done.Was that graffiti-strewn place the one that used to be near the old Braxton house and thus the Paratas'?

Ari doing a business course is a bit random but planning for the future, I guess.

11 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Susie drove off after smashing the phone: I get the feeling she intended to completely destroy it but didn't realise it was still at least partly intact.It's not been made entirely clear, but Amy accused John of sending the texts from a burner phone so...my best guess is that the texts came from a different phone, but the police have had a track out for Susie's old phone since she first went missing, and this is the first time it's been turned on. (Which would suggest they'd have tracked it before now if it had been turned on to send the texts.) I could, of course, be completely wrong.

Thanks. ??
So her killer got incredibly lucky and stumbled across the phone, recognised it as hers and hung into it to plant on someone else. Or he/she was already watching her and it was a very pre-mediated crime. 

Unless of course it WAS Justin and he left it in his car - and randomly switched it on for no good reason…..

I am liking the way Cash seems to be quietly running his own investigation in his head! 

Yes, I was thinking that the graffiti was behind the Braxton house too. It hasn’t been seen for a loooong time. 

If I remember right wasn't it about about a month or so since Susie left town? We did see her drive off after smashing her phone and again from what I can remember no-one handed it in to the cops. I was surprised at the time that she just left it lying there seeing how meticulous she was about everything else and about not leaving  a trail.   She, like any conman/woman worth their salt would get  a new phone under their new name.  The fact the the phone has  been turned back on now, they must have kept it charged up, wouldn't they,  has to mean whoever it is very forward thinking which makes them a lot more devious than Susie.  A random passerby  picking it up is a bit out there, could her accomplice, which is what I think we are all thinking she had, have retrieved it to use against her, things turned nasty and she was killed? Or and I'm going to say what some/most of us are thinking Stephen, had tracked  her down but kept a very low profile, then killed her but bided his time by building up getting Leah - and eventually John   to trust and confide in him. That would mean Leah deciding to go  on the forum was a lucky fluke for him, but stranger things happen in soaps.  TPTB are certainly keeping us on our toes.  Justin may have been out of his head a few times lately, but this was a month or so remember, would he have had such a lapse of memory he decided leaving  it in his car was a better idea than dumping it, then had an even further fugue moment where he thought "I know, I'll charge it up and  switch it back on so the cops can find it!". ?

Modern phones are quite fragile but amazing what the tech people can retrieve from the inner workings.  I watched a real life British CSI programme and to see what they can achieve is mind boggling.  Who knows what they will find, though hopefully not Justin's prints/DNA on it. ? It couldn't be wiped clean of any prints as Susie's would need to be on it.

Ditto my thoughts Red, when Stephen started dripping his suspicions about John  being wrong about Susie so he could be wrong about Justin into his ear. John has known Justin a  lot longer and he was swept off his feet by Susie so was willing to believe anything she said.  Stephen is very good at dropping these subtle drips so it can look like he is showing real concern.  I noticed his face changed when John said he was worried about Justin having been rushed to hospital after his interrogation by Dt. Peters and he did deter him from going to visit him.  We did learn Justin is going through detox at the hospital so one good thing come from it.  Also Dt. Peter's has had to lay off him, was her telling John what they found in Justin's car totally police procedure? She appears to be another cop obsessed with one suspect - remind you of anyone? ?

So far Cash does seem to playing good cop to Dt. Peters' bad cop. He appears to have a more open mind to the case. 

When did Tane become the voice of reason, once again advising Nik to come clean to Bella before she finds out some other way?  I ? when Nik told Tane  that after Japan he was finishing with Sienna - some chance lad.  It's tearing him up having to pretend everything is OK and endure all those smouldering/knowing looks Sienna keeps throwing him.  Knowing what she is like, wouldn't surprise me if she had photographic/filmic evidence of what happened between her and Nik.  Nik found out it isn't just his and her 'secret' and so in deeper than he thought.  

There's a little stream there isn't there  and  bridge.  Seeing what Nik and Allegra were wearing fantastic choice of location by Bella, fitted right in, she's got a good eye, even Sienna had to admit that. Now that is something an out of town photographer wouldn't know about. Good to get a mention, albeit brief, of Emmett and that he is doing OK but still has a long way to go.  I was wondering about her internship,  been put on hold for now as it was Emmett it was with.

It was nice seeing Ari and Chloe working together - the only spreading of sheets he's likely to have done before would have been those on a bed.? But he's found out he can do it, well if Tane can, why not him.  Mia was impressed, not sure if her 'feeling sick' was for real or the fact they were so smug about sorting the rotas. ?

Hilarious how against the shoot Bella was but when Sienna offered to pay her to take the photos, Bella immediately changed her mind and Sienna went from being hated to not Bella's favourite person.  I don't dislike Nikau but I'm enjoying the mind games Sienna is playing and how by including Bella she's letting Nikau know she's still the one in control.  I also liked the way Sienna kept looking at Nikau when she was talking to Bella during the shoot knowing how nervous he was.  I found Tane's reaction when he found out quite amusing too.  If Bella's as good as what Emmett believes and if Sienna was smart she would get Bella to come to Japan to continue taking the photos.  Although this does largely depend on Bella not finding out and that is looking unlikely as Nikau is seriously struggling with the guilt so Sienna had better had a backup plan.  I do wonder if Sienna would actually sleep with Nikau again.  I don't believe that Allegra's a bad person but she's less pleasant than she was when she initially turned up.  This is obviously due to the constant pressure and bullying from Sienna.  I do think there's a possibility to explore Allegra's character more obviously not eating at times due to the pressure of modelling and also what was implied that she likes girls.

Stephen's getting more and more sus by the minute although Cash is now quite sus of Stephen himself.

Again there's that feeling that Sienna has been too diabolical for her own good.Bella hasn't been that much of an obstacle at all:She didn't want Nikau to go to Japan, but she seemed to accept the deal he'd made with Sienna, and now she's basically fine with it.But instead of letting that play out, and relying on a carrot instead of a stick, Sienna decided to blackmail Nikau, and now he's told Bella the truth she's got nothing on him.Allegra's gone further than I hoped she would, but it always seemed like she was someone who was willing to put up with anything from Sienna for the sake of her career.

It's even more frustrating than with John that Leah seems to have jumped headlong into the possibility of Justin being a murderer thanks to a few comments from Stephen.Not sure if Roo and Marilyn were convinced or not.Roo finally tells Alf that Kieran's around, but if she's going to leave a message, she should probably add the "...and he's sleeping on your sofa" bit.

Two people biting the bullet and fessing up.  First Roo, with some urging by Marilyn, to forewarn whichever parent answered the phone  - and by extension - the other -  that Kieran was back.  Alf, of course, reacted as we, and she, knew he would, hung up on her so she had to leave a message.  Still better than them coming back and as Roo said finding him sitting on the couch.  This way Martha does have a chance, albeit, a small one of calming him down.  

The really big confession being Nik to Bella about 'that night', not as said in some TV mags an affair.?  Although Sienna really is a vile control freak, I will give her her fair dues she was, despite herself I reckon, impressed by Bella's photos.  It gave Bella a real boost enough in fact for her to be all for Nik going to Japan.  I don't know what Tane was expecting to happen by sticking his oar in unless it was to let Sienna know he knew, she was all for coming onto him until he shut her down.  Nik was right to let Bella have the rest of 'her day' by deciding to tell her the next day, he didn't wimp out either which he could have when Bella was all excited about meeting with Sienna and insisted they go for a walk and talk.  We'll have to wait for the fallout, but one good thing Sienna no longer has that hold over Nik, he just has to abide by the terms of his contract.   I'd be sorely tempted to turn up for that meet with Sienna and lamp her one. Good news about Emmett though, does this mean we may see him back in the bay? 

The other storyline being Leah and Stephen dropping doubts into her ear.  She'd been upbeat about the fact Justin was getting all the help he needed at the hospital and was doing what the docs were asking him to.  He was subtle, suggesting rather than coming right out and saying it.  She was protesting too much methinks, but confided in Marilyn and Roo she was wondering about what Stephen said. Had Irene done her three days so that is why she wasn't part of the group? As we don't really know when  or where Susie died, no way can Leah say for sure how Justin was at that time.  Had he just been a bit moody  and grumpy, I don't remember him being that aggressive back when John getting his calls from 'Susie' or even before that.  He was frustrated with Leah who was obsessed  with tracking down other scam victims and ignoring everyone and everything.  He was anti Stephen, but to be fair it wasn't Stephen's fault Leah decided to take this bloke she'd only just met home with her.   It ended, as I reckon Stephen  had hoped it would,  she turned up at his hotel and he got to hug her again - just for comfort of course.?  I think we all know it was Stephen wot did it so what happened to Irene's spidey senses?   Was Stephen an accomplice who turned on her or a for real victim?  If the latter why taunt John the way he did  or now decide Justin is to take the blame for killing Susie, what had any of them done to him? 

It still feels like Sienna hasn't been anywhere near as clever as she thinks she has. She didn't actually need to break Nikau and Bella up, because Nikau would have come to Japan anyway.And if the contract's as water-tight as she makes out it is, then Bella's opinion wouldn't have mattered.Instead, by interfering in Nikau's private life, she's put him offside and got him saying he won't go.And judging by the promo, she's not only too evil for her own good, she's also incompetent. Bella handled Nikau's news pretty much exactly how you'd expect.Dean was surprisingly calm.

Meanwhile, Amy is still deciding that instead of investigating properly, she'll just bring Justin into the station and make up wild theories in the hope he'll go "Oh my god, how did you guess?!" at one of them.Cash seems to have more faith in Justin than Leah does, as she jumps to the conclusion that he killed Susie on the basis of no evidence whatsoever.I'm not sure why Stephen was so keen she tell the police that, seeing as how it's just her opinion and Amy seems to have made her mind up anyway.But Leah is apparently going to suffer the consequences of backing the wrong horse.So, it definitely wasn't the smashed phone that the texts were sent from.It does seem as though Stephen must have caught up with Susie shortly after she left town.

Archived