2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Justin was selfish not going to the hospital to get detoxed properly but I accept he's not thinking right.  When Tori threw him out initially, I thought Leah should have been the one to leave for a bit.  Not sure he can afford to keep paying for a motel.

I'm liking Mackenzie a lot more now and I'm glad she is getting on with Ryder but I'm not sure her new motto of forgive and forget should extend Mia or Chloe, just yet.  And I don't think she should be allowing Chloe back to work at Salt once Chloe is fully recovered.  Chloe IMO isn't genuinely sorry for what happened and there's still the issue of Mackenzie letting her go before with the prospect of having to see Ari and a pregnant Mia at Salt more frequently should Chloe come back.  Also, let's not forget the rat stunt Chloe pulled and whilst Ryder paid for the inspection, there's still an issue of the loss of earnings during closure.  I actually thought Ryder was pushing it a bit even asking Mackenzie TBH.

I'm quite liking Kieran but I think at the moment it's very much walking on a tightrope with him and the relapse isn't a matter of if but when.  I'm looking forward to seeing Alf's and Martha's reactions to seeing him when they return, particularly with Roo's supportive stance.

I was half expecting Christian and Tori to cop off and start ripping each others clothes off in the lift.  I was also a little disappointed Tori didn't encourage Christian to go to Rachel's funeral but I guess it's to be expected given how much of a deal she made of Christian having to earn his way back into her good books for forgiveness.  I think her taking things slow like this is actually right as Christian proposed far to soon anyway.

That thought occurred to me too Slade about Tori and Christian when they were in the lift together - they do have a history of getting up close and personal between floors. ?

Is it possible for Justin to get over his withdrawal so quickly - one night and he seems as if he is fine, I would have thought it would have taken a few more days at least? But, he has owned up to his addiction, admitted he needs help- step 2 - and is prepared to go to rehab and even made phone calls so not just making promises.  I don't know if it was just a male thing but his reasoning why he got so reliant on the pain killers sounded like that - he felt he was being weak - ergo not a man- not being able to cope with the pain.  I hope we see or hear his progress and it's not just head of second hand. 

What was stopping Tori going with Christian to Rachel's funeral - he was her doctor and it would have given her  family - if she had any - a chance to thank him for all he had done for her.   He was getting ahead of himself with Tori but she hasn't closed the door on him completely. If she wasn't  a mum she may have taken the chancer to go back there, but it has to be confusing for Grace, even though she is very young - to have this man, she may have come to look as daddy, coming and going.  Christian, in all honesty can't promise there won't be another Rachel same as Tori couldn't promise she wouldn't get as involved in  a male patients care.  

Echo's of Raffy and her epilepsy, though Jasmine has petit mal, it shouldn't prevent her carrying on as a nurse once they get the meds sorted, the doctor looking after Raffy had grand mal and was still able to practice. Though as you say Red, we should follow her story for a while. 

Oh Roo, haven't you heard the old saying 'Pride comes before a fall'.  Bigging herself up - though she has handled the Kieran situation well - only to come crashing down when she got that call/text from Alf/Martha.  Kieran seems to have fallen on his feet by securing a sponsor via the AA meeting and took the bull by the horns by having lunch at Salt with people around who were drinking.  But as he explained to Roo aside from staying indoors all the time, he can't avoid it forever as it is all around him.  He is a newbie at that side of it whereas Irene - and no offence  meant - is an old hand but even  she has to be tempted now and again even now.  If Kieran stays at Alf and Martha's wouldn't  it would mean Alf and Martha abstaining from the booze when Kieran is around  and clearing the house of booze so he's not tempted? 

I liked Dean teasing Mac about the way she thought her staff were treating her, though probably a smidgen of truth in it. Her and Ryder are back on track though his asking if Chloe could come back was pushing it, anyway who's to say Chloe would want to come back, he hasn't run it past her yet. 

Ziggy, going by the preview, is one person who isn't prepared to forgive  her that easily. 

The last scenes did seem random, but they made sense - kind of - when we saw the promo - but OK Justin has been out of it from time to time, but surely not that much that he'd leave Susie's smashed up mobile in  his car?  Did they find it when they were perhaps examining it for any damage he could have picked up  when he went on his drugged induced last drive? I saw by her file the police  are still referring to her as Susan McAllister. 

On 28/07/2021 at 20:05, c120701 said:

I’d almost forgotten about Tommy, I was expecting Cash to bring up Irene being a suspect in Lou DeBono’s death.

Catching up, but Detective Peters finally brought this up!

On 08/08/2021 at 14:26, H&Alover said:

Has Irene actually murdered someone, she was charged with attempted murder - Tommy - but I've got amnesia over her actually killing someone. ?

She was charged and sent to remand/prison for the murder of Lou DeBono but was eventually released as she wasn’t guilty.

Ziggy's behaviour towards Mackenzie is one of those things that I get but don't get. Mackenzie has done a lot of bad things towards her and it's understandable she'd be upset...except she hasn't been.She's been constantly trying to make the effort with Mackenzie, and yet just as Mackenzie seems to be back to her old self and being friendly towards her again, she's decided she's going to hold a grudge!

That really wasn't a good sign where Kieran was concerned.Roo was absolutely right:The minute things didn't go his way, he went back to acting how he did before.Even though he pulled himself back, it's hard to see a happy ending to all this.

Justin's car was in the drive when Leah got home on Monday, right? So, assuming someone planted the phone, which seems most likely, presumably they did it while he was at the Diner. The end of the previous episode suggests it's been turned off until now and someone just turned it back on so the police could track it.(So I guess it was deliberate that Susie failed to properly destroy it when she left:Sorry if I said otherwise, show!) Amy is, sadly, proving to be a bit rubbish, jumping on a suspect and trying to bully a confession out of them with nonsense questions like "Is your car magic or are you lying?" So, seems Cash is showing Justin the same consideration he's showing the other locals, given the way he jumped to his defence here.

Does Ziggy actually want to help Mac though really in my opinion she doesn’t really try that hard she says a thing Mac tells her to do one Ziggy storms off in a mood feeling hard done by Mac probably feels like Ziggy is there because she’s dating Tane

While Ziggy has been far more understanding with Justin I think with Mac I think she probably should mind her own bisiness And seeing as it was Aris baby that Mac lost and seeing him move on with Mia and Ziggy has a very slim link to it all with Dean and having Ziggy tell Mac to pull her head in a term  that would drive me crazy to do with a lost of baby it’s no wonder Ziggy words of wisdom fall on deaf ears its got nothing to do with her really 

18 hours ago, c120701 said:

Catching up, but Detective Peters finally brought this up!

She was charged and sent to remand/prison for the murder of Lou DeBono but was eventually released as she wasn’t guilty.

Thanks for that, so Irene hasn't killed anyone.  Dt Peters should get her facts right. 

I wholeheartedly support Mackenzie not wanting to take Chloe back and it was good to see Dean support her on that and no try to talk her into doing otherwise.  I've pretty much been on Mackenzie's side for the most part since she spiralled out of control but unfortunately I can't really blame Ziggy throwing Mackenzie's apology back in her face.  And I didn't particularly like when Mackenzie said to Dean that Ziggy wouldn't give her a second chance because it's not true.  Ziggy gave Mackenzie multiple chances and this was despite her principles on cheating so Ziggy not wanting to forgive Mac again is very understandable.  I also wasn't too happy when Dean spoke to Ziggy about it afterwards even if he did have a point.  I think there's an argument Justin has actually treated Ziggy worse than Mackenzie did and I'm not sure about her continued support of him either.  The fact that Ziggy was being so hyperbolic about Mackenzie though (referring to her as the worst person in the world) kind of implies she's just blowing off steam so will probably calm down and forgive Mac eventually.

Not really liking this detective.  Seems quite cold and whilst not necessary breaking the rules is prepared to bend them.  It's actually a good thing Cash was present during Justin's interview.

Yep, eventually Kieran's going to be a big problem as he's struggling at the moment.  The only reason he hasn't relapsed yet is because of Roo.  Keiran obviously isn't thinking rationally as it wasn't the best move asking for a job back at the Gym.  Part of me wasn't really happy with the way John was telling Tane about Kieran in the Diner although he did need to know the truth.

Thanks for the reminder Red, I'd forgotten Susie smashed her phone, but that would mean someone had found it and not the cops, though she did just leave it lying there for anyone to find.   Cripes the triangulation was very precise tracking it down to Justin's car when it was on the move and hidden down the back of the seat.  She - Dt. Peters - stepped way over the line with interrogating  sorry interviewing  Justin like that, she must have known about his addiction so should have insured he was fit enough.  OK he was off the drugs but it was only the day before so would be still suffering withdrawal so would be vulnerable.  Cash seemed to have recognised the symptoms, does he have previous- maybe personal - dealings with addicts/alcoholics? He was absolutely right to stop her, and get Justin to the hospital. No initial reason for Justin to shout for a 'brief' that would have made her doubly suspicious but I bet you Leah will make sure he has one next time he's interviewed.  Her methods do leave a lot to be desired and anyways have the forensic lot found any fingerprints/dna on said phone? 'Susie's' would be expected but any others? 

She kept harking on about him being a victim and being duped out of $90,000 so would have  a grudge and a motive for killing 'Susie'  but um excuse me but Leah  lost $90,000 alongside Justin and had just as much reason to kill her given the chance.  It's not being suggested by Dt. Peters is it that because Leah wasn't so vocal about her when the body was revealed as 'Susie's' she couldn't have done it and as she is a woman she couldn't have killed her.  Leah may not have Justin's strength or be as big as him in size and weight but that has diddly squat to do with it.  If you are riled up enough the adrenaline takes over giving making you a lot stronger than you would be normally so anything is possible.  Wouldn't have thought Dt. Peter - until she shows a warmer side - that's how she is going to be to me - would have had that attitude, she must have faced enough prejudice being a woman herself in a man's world.  Leah, though, I don't think has been interviewed - re-interviewed?   John and Irene seemed  relieved they were no longer top of the POI's list.  Irene discreetly let Marilyn and John in on why Justin had been taken to hospital.  We still need to know when and where she was killed and her body disposed of. 

Not wanting to put labels on Kieran but could he maybe slightly autistic, Martha did hint at, aside from the booze, him having mental problems? He got very obsessed last time with getting the job at the gym and kept badgering Jasmine about it.  He was doing it again with Tane who after having a word with Irene decided against  taking him on and had to break the news to him.  Roo did manage to talk Kieran round  and don't forget last time booze was involved so added to the problem.  Rather surprised Tane took the stance he did, after all he'd been given another chance after the van stuffed full of drugs stunt, but I guess it wasn't really down to him but Mia or Jasmine to make the final decision.  

Tane, again, being the voice of reason about Ziggy and her melt down over Mac trying to make amends and putting Dean in the middle.  He knows from experience how important family is, he's stretched the loyalty of his enough in the past and yet now he and Ari are very close. His suggestion Ziggy keep her hump with Mac separate from her friendship with Dean was right.  Mac was maybe being a tad naive expecting Ziggy to be as forgiving so soon as Ryder, she did drunk or not make  a play for Tane. 

Archived