2021 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't happy that they previewed it in Thursday's episode but given Ari has finished with her IMO Mackenzie now being pregnant is disastrous.  Whilst I accept it was going to happen with Ari and Mia there's no way I'm getting behind those two pricks after presumably they will make it official.

Chloe and Ryder were still at each others throats although given the circumstances I did find it slightly amusing this time.  Seems as though Alf has cottoned onto the fact Ryder fancies her (Roo presumably already knows).  I suspected (as presumably a lot of people did) that Paul was involved in theirs, Nikau's and Bella's kidnapping.  I do find it quite funny every time Paul speaks to Tane/Ari he seems to make jokes about the situation.

Tori was almost unbearable.  She basically got Justin to do a complete u-turn on buying the house.  I didn't blame Leah for not being happy about it and would have preferred if she had said something to Tori as well as Justin.  The most annoying thing was how Tori wouldn't stop smiling at her handiwork.  Christian was right - "Spring cleaning your magic dust all over their dreams".

Christian is good at putting Tori back in her box.? I don't think she even realised she knew she was doing something that bad.  I think someone on here mentioned it could be the fact Tori didn't want the family to be split anymore, Brody is in up North with Raffy and Mason is dead so Justin is all she had left.  She, Justin, Mason and Brody had a lot of house moves due to no fault of their own, so perhaps she saw this place as their forever home?  Anyways it all got sorted by the morning.  Christian was right, although nothing that odd in two grown up couples living  together, that's usually  for financial reasons.

No need for the name calling Slade.

At least he had broken up with Mac and wasn't cheating on her.  He and Mia, as I've said before, had at least four/five years together whereas he and Mac have been together under a year, if I'm not wrong.  He told Mia he thought he was happy and in love with Mac but seeing her again made him realise he wasn't.  Makes me wonder if Chloe who instigated Mia showing up, hadn't reappeared in his life would he have been happy long term with Mac?

On the cards that Ari's speeches to Mia that all the bad stuff was behind him, he's a different guy, which he is as in not a crim, no worries about anything bad happening, would blow up on him and Tane seeing as we knew the bad stuff hadn't gone away.   Mia is going to go nuts and that is putting it very politely when she finds Chloe is mixed up in it even if she wasn't meant to be.  Was it meant to be just Nikau taken, him and Bella?  Ryder and Chloe could have run for help, phoned the cops,  but their first instincts was to help their friends.  Bella we know knew about Paul and Leon, Chloe obviously knew nothing, but did Ryder know anything about the last time they were around??  I repeat my earlier question how did Paul and Leon  know Nik would be sitting at that particular bus stop? I thought it had been a spontaneous idea of his and Bella's to go for a night out?  Surprised Nik didn't even give Paul and Leon a thought as being the ones behind them getting snatched. 

Ryder played to his strengths again by first getting himself loose of his ties then the others, but I found it odd that neither Leon or Paul noticed that their captives were free of their fetters.  Rather sweet Ryder wrapping his coat round Chloe's legs and Chloe resting her head on his  shoulder. 

Another Mexican stand off then.

The relevant adults know now what has happened and Alf will be another unhappy bunny.?

19 hours ago, christine king said:

Same. As much as I love Tori and Christian together. Tori and Robbo would of been everything and they deserved better :)

If I get round to that fanfic, Robbo/Tori will kind of a thing. 

Also did anyone else get Power Rangers/Cobra Kai vibes from that brawl??

Hmm. Very little sympathy for Ari and Mia having their reunion blow up in their face after jumping into the bed Mackenzie had only just vacated.In fact, I got a certain amount of satisfaction from it. Tane lying to Ziggy was a monumentally bad idea, it's not even like she wasn't likely to find out immediately.So, after all that, the Paratas beat more than two to one odds seemingly quite easily.Paul's still at large but if that was all the muscle he had, he's obviously pretty useless without them: Ryder took him down, for goodness sake! It's hard to see how this isn't going to leave the Paratas in trouble with the police: Even if they argue they did the last job under duress, Tane was voluntarily working for Leon before that. Why do I get the feeling we're not supposed to notice that?

Despite conjuring up an idealised version of Kieran, Martha seems to know deep down that he can be dangerous, given her worries over Ryder.At least now Irene has seen her delusions.

22 hours ago, H&Alover said:

No need for the name calling Slade.

I will say what I like, thank you very much - Ari and Mia are pricks!

I was also pleased that their reunion didn't go entirely as planned but I suspect that Chloe getting kidnapped will be water under the bridge and that they will be a couple again soon.  Mia hadn't seen Ari for years then less than 2 weeks after seeing him again, she jumps into bed with him.  So that says it all really.

We'll see how things pan out with Ziggy and Tane going forward.  Whilst it isn't a bad as what happened with Dean, I guess there are trust issues given that all four of her partners have lied/deceived her.

Now that Irene is aware of the hallucinations, it will be interesting to see when Martha gets help whether she will require some sort of medication or whether it can be resolved via just psychotherapy or perhaps a combination of the two.

12 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Hmm. Very little sympathy for Ari and Mia having their reunion blow up in their face after jumping into the bed Mackenzie had only just vacated.In fact, I got a certain amount of satisfaction from it. Tane lying to Ziggy was a monumentally bad idea, it's not even like she wasn't likely to find out immediately.So, after all that, the Paratas beat more than two to one odds seemingly quite easily.Paul's still at large but if that was all the muscle he had, he's obviously pretty useless without them: Ryder took him down, for goodness sake! It's hard to see how this isn't going to leave the Paratas in trouble with the police: Even if they argue they did the last job under duress, Tane was voluntarily working for Leon before that. Why do I get the feeling we're not supposed to notice that?

Despite conjuring up an idealised version of Kieran, Martha seems to know deep down that he can be dangerous, given her worries over Ryder.At least now Irene has seen her delusions.

54 minutes ago, Slade said:

I will say what I like, thank you very much - Ari and Mia are pricks!

I was also pleased that their reunion didn't go entirely as planned but I suspect that Chloe getting kidnapped will be water under the bridge and that they will be a couple again soon.  Mia hadn't seen Ari for years then less than 2 weeks after seeing him again, she jumps into bed with him.  So that says it all really.

We'll see how things pan out with Ziggy and Tane going forward.  Whilst it isn't a bad as what happened with Dean, I guess there are trust issues given that all four of her partners have lied/deceived her.

Now that Irene is aware of the hallucinations, it will be interesting to see when Martha gets help whether she will require some sort of medication or whether it can be resolved via just psychotherapy or perhaps a combination of the two.

I dont recall there being a rule book to how long youre supposed to wait after a break up. Ari and Mc both knew why Ari was breaking up with her. Only way they could be rude is if they were doing it in front of her.

I ddidnt blame Mia for being madd at ARi, but I still felt bad for him getting heat for what Tane did.

Seriously Ziggy!? You couldnt even bother to ask how the kids were or how Tane was. If thats how she wants to be, I hope Tane doesnt get back with her.

But Ari wasn't cheating on Mac and I think Mia had some moral standards she didn't visit Ari in that dress until after she knew they'd broken up.   Understandable she was devastated by finding out Chloe had got caught up, accidently btw, in something Ari and Tane had been involved in.  He'd told her he had changed, all the bad stuff was behind him only for events to prove him wrong. If it had just been Nik, she could, maybe, have let him off the hook, but it was her daughter in danger so I don't think there could be a way back, it was him being involved with bad guys that got him put in jail and effectively split them up in the first place.  Though as Chloe is an adult Mia can't stop her seeing Ari if she wants.

Tane really should have known better in lying to Ziggy, she was there at the start of it all unless he'd forgotten. She and Willow disposed of the van which as it turned out later had Paul's drugs in it.  Mac also was involved, in fact Ziggy and Mac knew more about the whole thing than Mia did, it was only Mia letting Ziggy know what Ari had told her that she found out Tane had lied.  Mia was, understandably, looking confused when Mac and Ziggy were having their conversation them  being co-conspirators.  Tane did know how important it was for him to be honest with Ziggy, she didn't need 'protecting'. I thought Tane had been out of that game for a while and it was only to prove he still 'had it' he agreed to do that job?  He turned away those two guys who had rocked up before - the ones who stabbed him. 

Whey  Ryder, who would have thought he'd be so tough, no offence, but he's not really been a fighter more a lover.   I think that thug was as surprised as Ryder when he took him down.  Guys like Paul always need a gang behind them, he's just a grown up school bully. Alf called the cops so the Parata's can't brush it under the carpet this time. 

Martha knew Kieran had a bad temper and could be violent, she turned him in because he turned violent towards her, so there is some part of her that acknowledges it, but can in reality and her imagination can still be manipulated by him.   But, maybe, her thinking he'd done something to Ryder has triggered something? Had to happen that  Martha's non call to Irene was rumbled, but Alf and Roo both seem to think her closeting herself away in the van was OK and it was helping her.  Odd how 'Kieran' didn't warn Martha Irene was coming unless some part of her wants it to be known he's 'back' even though he isn't.  We saw Irene tells Alf and Roo. 

I didn't realise Ziggy had actually broken up with Tane. Don't see why she should play the concerned girlfriend to a guy that lied to her, she already knew on the grapevine that everyone was all right.Dean initially keeps his counsel with Mackenzie but has an opinion based on his own experiences and a fairly valid one too.Things rocky already with him and Amber, partly down to him not really knowing how to be a full-time parent.A shame that he and Bella are in different episodes for the second week running when we really need to see them talk things over.

An increasing lack of logic in Martha's perception of things: Where does she think Kieran disappeared to while she was catching up with Irene? It's hard to see how a counsellor would work when even Martha doesn't know anything's wrong.

Archived