Home And Away- Hopes for 2021?

What do you want to see?

I'll start off that I hope this year is a big one for Willow.   She's a very underrated character IMO and I think that Sarah Roberts is one of the best Actresses in the show, she doesn't get enough credit.

I hope that the Producers/Writers mix up the different character interactions.

I want to see more fun, light hearted storylines as escapism from what we're all having to cope with IRL in RE to COVID-19.

Less Crime storylines.

I hope that the storylines are spread out and that all the cast get their chance to shine.

• Like 2

I'm not sure why my post earlier on was removed.  Whilst the delivery was in jest, the basic premise was an honest one.  I would like to see more younger, attractive girls on the show.  I don't see any issue with this.  As per the other thread I posted in, I don't see anything wrong with prioritising physical appearance in a fictional program.  Whether people want to accept this or not, having attractive characters is part of Home and Away.  And having a beach with girls in bikini's is part of that and has been for many years.  The same way having crime stories is part of Home and Away or troubled teenagers, having affairs or having people diagnosed with cancer.  You make not like this, but it is my right as a viewer (and a member of this forum) to express this.  As I said in the other thread - whether anyone wants to admit this or not, appearance is very important to some people.  To deny this is to deny reality.

I don't see what the objection to crime is.  We've had some good stories in relation to that lately.

One thing I've noticed is that H&A hasn't done gay male relationships like Neighbours has.  We had Ty's "coming out" story and Willow's lesbian fling but the show has never explored male homosexuality in a significant way.  Maybe that's an area where the show could do something different.

But, on the whole, I'm happy with the show as is (that's why I watch it every day and maybe catch the last 10 minutes of Neighbours sometimes while I'm waiting for it!) and I'll just wait to see what they come up with.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2021 at 10:13, English Invader said:

I don't see what the objection to crime is.  We've had some good stories in relation to that lately.

One thing I've noticed is that H&A hasn't done gay male relationships like Neighbours has.  We had Ty's "coming out" story and Willow's lesbian fling but the show has never explored male homosexuality in a significant way.  Maybe that's an area where the show could do something different.

But, on the whole, I'm happy with the show as is (that's why I watch it every day and maybe catch the last 10 minutes of Neighbours sometimes while I'm waiting for it!) and I'll just wait to see what they come up with.

I'm always wanting (for many years now) for there to be a great same sex REGULAR couple in the bay. (Preferably male haha) Yet sadly I don't think that 7 approve widely of the LGBT community. In the same way that 10 does with Neighbours.

And always wanting more connections to the past (especially Irene's children/grand children) 

Oh and Debra Stewart. Haha

On 19/01/2021 at 20:15, christine king said:

Couples stay together and not breaking up.

I agree. It's so hard to invest in younger couples when it seems every couple of months there is a round of break-ups and partner swapping. I know the show's heyday was guilty of this too, but it feels more common now. I'm not sure if the producers just "chemistry test", for lack of a better term, or think the show is more interesting that way, but it would be nice to have some stable younger couples who we follow on a journey (i.e. Shane and Angel, Vinnie and Leah etc.). 

On the subject of couples not breaking up, I really hope John and Marilyn get back together. They were on the only full-time married couple on the show, so it was disappointing and strange for the writers to split them up.

6 hours ago, actorandlyricist said:

I'm always wanting (for many years now) for there to be a great same sex REGULAR couple in the bay. (Preferably male haha) Yet sadly I don't think that 7 approve widely of the LGBT community. In the same way that 10 does with Neighbours.

Me too. Even just a regular gay or lesbian character would be progress for H&A. They could date guest characters or even, heaven forbid, remain single :lol:

6 hours ago, actorandlyricist said:

And always wanting more connections to the past (especially Irene's children/grand children) 

Why has this not been done already is beyond me... Leah could easily have teenage nieces and nephews who could give her family and a sense of purpose again. Irene could have any number of grandchildren now too - Finn's sons would be in their 20s by now and the last we heard Nathan was still married to Grace(?), so they could easily have a large family by now. Maybe the next big family to arrive in Summer Bay could be Nathan, Grace and their teenage children.... 

We are a bit limited on the Stewart front at the moment - which we've seen from Ryder's heritage. Debra Stewart is essentially a blank canvas, and one the producers seem reluctant to explore. Are they just waiting for the right actress to come along (which I understand was the case of Roo returning when she did) or do they think that ship has sailed now? Who knows? 

The producers seem content to ignore Ailsa's existence, so that rules out Shauna and her children in my opinion. Since the producers seem to love long-lost children and grandchildren in the Stewart clan, perhaps Duncan could have fathered another child somewhere along the line? He was a pretty wayward teenager, so anything is possible. Maybe the writers will retcon Jade Sutherland being secretly pregnant with Duncan's baby when she left in 2004?  For me, that would be far less insulting than what they've done with Martha :lol:

• Like 1