Leah and Justin.

Lissy Morgon

I really not liking these two together -  I simply do not think they suit each other. And finding myself hoping Justin will break up and find someone more fun !  I really liked Justin when he was with Izzy and Willow .?  

I remember him with Scarlett Snow but for the life of me I cant rerember how she was connected to Summer Bay or how it went wrong !?

They're actually growing on me a lot (I think since they're closer in age for a change, where as a lot of his previous love interests seemed younger), but loved him with Scarlett too. From what I remember, she ended up in the Bay sort of by accident I think as was trying to 'take a break'/run away from her husband? and then she ended up involved in the whole Brody's drug addiction thing. I think they considered making her a regular (or at least keeping her a bit longer) but then didn't in the end.

8 hours ago, Lunar said:

They're actually growing on me a lot (I think since they're closer in age for a change, where as a lot of his previous love interests seemed younger), but loved him with Scarlett too. From what I remember, she ended up in the Bay sort of by accident I think as was trying to 'take a break'/run away from her husband? and then she ended up involved in the whole Brody's drug addiction thing. I think they considered making her a regular (or at least keeping her a bit longer) but then didn't in the end.

Actually she did become a regular but they ended up writing her out a few months after.

I can't stand both.   Dull, overrated characters and I find them draining/tiring to watch, but both have the advantage of being Producers and in the older clique, so they will get a big chunk of the screentime.   

Leah maybe iconic, but she's not interesting anymore and is a tired character, she's exhausting to watch and Justin is a total bore, drip with no personality .

I don't like Justin and Leah together either. It does feel like the characters were thrown together because they were both at a loose end and both likely to not leave any time soon. 

I'm surprised Ava hasn't returned as a regular yet. There is a potential to create a family unit with Justin, Leah, Ava and perhaps one or two strays, such a niece or nephew of Leah's or a random teen they take in. 

Is it just me or does Leah seemed to be paired with characters after they've been on the show for a few years, rather than the character be introduced as a love interest for her? It happened with Roman, Miles, Zac and now Justin... 

On 23/11/2020 at 23:00, UK_fan said:

Leah maybe iconic, but she's not interesting anymore and is a tired character, she's exhausting to watch

Leah has been around for 20 years now, and the producers need to hold onto characters as long as they can, but the problem is the writing. Leah has been directionless for years now. She seemed to get a second lease of life in 2015ish when the producers created a makeshift family with Zac, Evie, Oscar, Matt, Hunter and VJ, but it all fell apart pretty quickly with most of them gone within a year or two. Looking at the current and previous long-term characters (I'm thinking stints of 10+ years), she is by the far the one the writers have struggled with the most. Everyone else been integral part of a family unit/long-term couple served or served an important function in the community (i.e. Don was the school principal). 

It doesn't help the producers seem to think she must have a love interest, which leaves her with a constant revolving door of partners. Colleen, and to a lesser extent, Alf, Don, Roo and Irene, have been supporting characters for long periods, which tended to help their longevity. The producers and writers don't seem to want to do that with Leah, which leaves the character tired and exhausted.

1 hour ago, adam436 said:

Leah has been around for 20 years now, and the producers need to hold onto characters as long as they can, but the problem is the writing. Leah has been directionless for years now. She seemed to get a second lease of life in 2015ish when the producers created a makeshift family with Zac, Evie, Oscar, Matt, Hunter and VJ, but it all fell apart pretty quickly with most of them gone within a year or two. Looking at the current and previous long-term characters (I'm thinking stints of 10+ years), she is by the far the one the writers have struggled with the most. Everyone else been integral part of a family unit/long-term couple served or served an important function in the community (i.e. Don was the school principal). 

It doesn't help the producers seem to think she must have a love interest, which leaves her with a constant revolving door of partners. Colleen, and to a lesser extent, Alf, Don, Roo and Irene, have been supporting characters for long periods, which tended to help their longevity. The producers and writers don't seem to want to do that with Leah, which leaves the character tired and exhausted.

I think it is part of the issue too - apart from working in the diner, she doesn't have a big part in the community, and I think having her do something else (like teach, or work as a counsellor or something - even if it was just part time) would help a great deal. I feel like they tried to give her something to do with the whole blogging thing, but it was kind of pointless as I don't think running a blog is that interesting to watch, or really works in the context of the show.

On 25/11/2020 at 08:20, Lunar said:

I think it is part of the issue too - apart from working in the diner, she doesn't have a big part in the community, and I think having her do something else (like teach, or work as a counsellor or something - even if it was just part time) would help a great deal. I feel like they tried to give her something to do with the whole blogging thing, but it was kind of pointless as I don't think running a blog is that interesting to watch, or really works in the context of the show.

I think this has become more noticable in recent years, as Leah and Irene nolonger work as a due - they mainly have scenes without the other in the diner, or with Maz who also lacks purpose in the bay. 

Archived