Most Popular Character 2020

Dan F

Just 1 of my votes [after Shannon today] ,.....

not surprised to see "the devil in a dress"  so high on the list .... wanted to kill her when she was on screen, but, man, she was MOST DEFINITELY memorable .... "You will die with my name on your lips. That much i promise you."

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't read any of the voting as it happened, but I think I've worked out who the top 10 are.

Eight of them aren't really a surprise, since they are iconic characters who usually dominate the top 10 or so (not a criticism, since I voted for three of them!) 

One of them is a current character, since we know there was only regular who didn't score any votes (it's obvious by now that's Ari), but I didn't think this regular would be a top 10 character. 

The last one I'm only 95% about - she was hugely popular back in her time, so I doubt she would get zero votes when you look at who else is in the lower ranks of the list, but I'm genuinely surprised she's still in the top 10. I also can't think of a tenth character we haven't seen yet who would round out the top 10. 

I can see it will be a great Top 10, now that they reveal themselves by process of elimination...

• 2 lovely (or lovable, at least) young men from the current cast
  • 4 long-running legends from the current cast
  • 4 long-running legends from the past

The heart and DNA of this show runs through all 10 characters in different ways. I look forward to finding out their ranking order.

And we finally move into the Top 10...

mpc20-06.jpg

4 hours ago, adam436 said:

I didn't read any of the voting as it happened, but I think I've worked out who the top 10 are.

Eight of them aren't really a surprise, since they are iconic characters who usually dominate the top 10 or so (not a criticism, since I voted for three of them!) 

One of them is a current character, since we know there was only regular who didn't score any votes (it's obvious by now that's Ari), but I didn't think this regular would be a top 10 character. 

The last one I'm only 95% about - she was hugely popular back in her time, so I doubt she would get zero votes when you look at who else is in the lower ranks of the list, but I'm genuinely surprised she's still in the top 10. I also can't think of a tenth character we haven't seen yet who would round out the top 10. 

1 hour ago, SandsResort said:

I can see it will be a great Top 10, now that they reveal themselves by process of elimination...

• 2 lovely (or lovable, at least) young men from the current cast
  • 4 long-running legends from the current cast
  • 4 long-running legends from the past

The heart and DNA of this show runs through all 10 characters in different ways. I look forward to finding out their ranking order.

Some good deductions going on!

@adam436 I'm genuinely intrigued as to who you were thinking for your final place, someone who was hugely popular but not in your list of the 'iconic'... ?

I do believe you did overlook someone though, with SandsResort apparently having picked up on it ?

Hmm the top 10 is very interesting.  

• 2 lovely (or lovable, at least) young men from the current cast - I forgot Ryder and I'm shocked that he and the other current young man are so high! I did not expect this, and thought that Ziggy would outrank these by far. 
  • 4 long-running legends from the current cast - I would have liked to see Leah and Maz higher. Although its going to be hard to knock off the longest serving members. 
  • 4 long-running legends from the past - Really pleased Don and Pippa still rank so highly. Also stoked that the bay's sweetheart and arguably the biggest antagonist with a heart of gold is still to come. 

I am also shocked that Ricky and Bianca didn't appear. 

Archived