Most Popular Character 2020

Dan F

mpc2020-header.jpg

It's that time again! Today we launch our ninth biennial poll to find the most popular Home and Away characters, voted for by members of the BTTB forum.

As ever, all you need to do is choose your Top 7 characters from the show's history, and post them as a list in one of the three voting threads (starting with your favourite).

For example:

1. Donald Fisher
  2. Pippa Ross
  3. Jack Wilson
  4. Angie Russell
  5. Maggie Astoni
  6. Rob Storey
  7. Miles Copeland

We will allocate 7 points to your favourite character, 6 points to your second favourite and so on. We’ll then add all the votes up and announce the results at a later date, with @Red Ranger 1 once again providing commentary along the way.

Please be sure to read these few pointers before we get started:

• Strictly one vote per member. We have three voting threads – one in the Bayside Diner forum, one in General Discussion and one in Australian Discussion. You can post your vote in whichever thread suits you, but you may only post ONCE.
  • If you post less than 7 characters, your vote will not be counted. If you post more than 7 characters, we will only count the first 7.
  • Any characters who have debuted in Episode 7414 or onwards (airing in Aus on 22nd September 2020) are not eligible, due to the fact that these episodes have not aired in the UK as of the start of the voting.
  • Please give a character's surname, as if you simply write down ‘Ben’ then we won’t know if you mean Ben Lucini, Ben Astoni or Ben Murray.
  • Please only vote for who you genuinely believe are the best characters from the show’s history – not just the ones you think are the best looking!

Voting will run until Friday 13th November 2020.

You can place your votes in one of the following threads:
VOTING NOW CLOSED

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi! Thanks so much for this, it will be one of the few silver linings this year! 

I also have a question. Is it possible for us this year to include characters that were only guests if we felt they made a great contribution to the show? 

2 hours ago, D.B said:

Is it possible for us this year to include characters that were only guests if we felt they made a great contribution to the show? 

Yes guest characters are always allowed - there'd be some unhappy people if we excluded the likes of Angie Russell, Paris Burnett, Jazz Curtis etc. ?

3 hours ago, CaptainTed84 said:

Is Jai Simmons eligible?

He debuted before 7414 so yes he is, if you feel he's one of the Top 7 characters of all time ?

20 hours ago, Dan F said:

Yes guest characters are always allowed - there'd be some unhappy people if we excluded the likes of Angie Russell, Paris Burnett, Jazz Curtis etc. ?

He debuted before 7414 so yes he is, if you feel he's one of the Top 7 characters of all time ?

I like to throw votes towards recurring characters, have voted for 3 this time round. I just felt a couple of people deserve acknowledgement that fly under the radar

On 17/10/2020 at 03:34, D.B said:

I'm honestly really excited because I want to compare them with the results back in 2018 and see who gets remembered, who gets higher than they did before, and who just got forgotten. 

I feel like Raffy, who was high in 2018 will drop alot due to her departure. I feel like Irene will also drop some places.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived