Quick Questions

Si-Co

Thanks Red Ranger 1. Yes there definitely was something amiss.

This leads me onto another question which I’m hoping somebody will answer and that is if Vinnie wasn’t actually dead but simply in a witness protection program……then surely Dan and Leah’s marriage isn’t actually legal as Vinnie and Leah never actually got divorced. Or did I miss something again?

no it is legal because legally he no longer exists.

This leads me onto another question which I’m hoping somebody will answer and that is if Vinnie wasn’t actually dead but simply in a witness protection program……then surely Dan and Leah’s marriage isn’t actually legal as Vinnie and Leah never actually got divorced. Or did I miss something again?

Oh, OK thanks.

Although he came back for Vijay’s party, I’m not quite sure if it served any real purpose for the writers to do that unless they were planning on bring Vinnie back properly. I would have imagined it would have been easier for him to remain dead from the prison fire.

Hmm, much as I would like to believe this, the show opened up a can of worms a few months ago by pretty much having Leah say that the marriage was illegal(or at least sinful).I really don't see how it can be legal for Leah to marry a second husband in full knowledge that her first husband was alive and well. There are plenty of examples in other soaps of a character being declared dead, turning up again and still being legally married to their spouse.Leah was offered a chance to join Vinnie in witness protection and the implication was that she was still his wife.

Hmm, much as I would like to believe this, the show opened up a can of worms a few months ago by pretty much having Leah say that the marriage was illegal(or at least sinful).I really don't see how it can be legal for Leah to marry a second husband in full knowledge that her first husband was alive and well. There are plenty of examples in other soaps of a character being declared dead, turning up again and still being legally married to their spouse.Leah was offered a chance to join Vinnie in witness protection and the implication was that she was still his wife.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I think Leah said something like Dan’s death was her punishment for marrying him whilst she was still married to Vinnie. I still don’t get why the producers even brought Vinnie back into the frame when it is unlikely that the actor will ever return.

Unless I've forgotten something, fifteen years.Lynne McGranger took over the role in 1993 and Irene had cleaned up her act by then.I don't remember her ever falling off the waggon(which doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen)-I think she had a bit of a wobble during that business with Dodge, which I think would have been '95, but didn't succumb.

Can someone tell me what are the episode numbers with Hugh in? I've totally forgotten his surname :blush: but he is Rachel's friend who went to South Africa after trying to lure her away from Kim. Thanks in advance, it will stop me trawling through YouTube.

His name was Hugh Sullivan. According to the main site, he was on the show from episode 4158 to 4167 and from episode 4387 to 4445. :)