Jump to content

Quick Questions


Si-Co
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 02/02/2021 at 03:06, maciam said:

Just curious..

Did any of these had fancards in the beginning og the show

-Lyn Collingwood

-Amanda Newman-Phillips

 -Gerry Sont

-Sandie Lillingston

-John Morris

-Simon Kay

-Peter Bentley

-Kelly Dingwall ( think he had another last name when on the show)

-Guy Pearce

 

Does anyone have scans of these cards or cards?? I have never seen any cards for them so far.

 

maciam

Most of them were guest characters so I say probably not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Neighbours, there are multiple families where they have introduced members of 4 generations on-screen (inc. the Bishops, Carpenters, Scullys, Willises), as well as introducing 5 generations of the Robinsons and as of later this year, 5 generations of Mangels.  All of these seem to be linked biologically as well.

Apart from the Fishers through Alan (they introduced Fisher's mother in 1997, so Isobel, Fisher, Alan then Seb), have there been any other families on Home and Away where members of 4 generations have been introduced on-screen?

The only other examples I can think of have had a character being adopted somewhere down the line, which is via Bobby (i.e. Isobel, Fisher, Bobby, Sam, let's count Bella Rose because Sam and Sandy were still a couple after 4 and a half years) and Sally (Bert and Coral, Pippa, Sally, little Pippa).

Edited by homeandawayroxsomuch.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

Apart from the Fishers through Alan (they introduced Fisher's mother in 1997, so Isobel, Fisher, Alan then Seb), have there been any other families on Home and Away where members of 4 generations have been introduced on-screen?

I guess you could make a case for the Stewarts and the Nashes since we saw Alf and Joel's fathers in flashback (Gordon, Alf, Roo/Quinn, Martha/Ryder) (Jack, Joel, Gypsy, Lily).

The Hunters would definitely qualify: Graham, Beth, Scott/Kit, Noah/Archie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I guess you could make a case for the Stewarts and the Nashes since we saw Alf and Joel's fathers in flashback (Gordon, Alf, Roo/Quinn, Martha/Ryder) (Jack, Joel, Gypsy, Lily).

The Hunters would definitely qualify: Graham, Beth, Scott/Kit, Noah/Archie.

I wouldn't quite count the Stewarts or the Nashes.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Hunters.

 

Also, if Jonah was infertile, is Robbie Ella's father or another member of the Believers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks.  Another question.

Apart from the casting change to Brendan McKensy, how does Duncan change into someone who wants to build bombs?

This is LONG before Ailsa's death, so as someone who is too young to have seen that and has only seen bits and pieces, it seems to me like he turns into a bad person for no reason.  And then he's still like that 5 years later with the drugs and the car crash (at the time, he seemed to feel no remorse over Seb's injuries and felt like Alf preferred Seb to him), the bullying Tasha, etc.  It's only with the casting change to Benedict Wall in 2016 that Duncan seems any different.

On the other hand, I feel sympathetic towards Sam Marshall's "off the rails" and marijuana-usage period in late 2000 for the following reasons:

1. His biological mother abandoned him.
2. His adoptive mother died and his biological father abandoned him in quick succession.
3. His foster father died and I think he still might have blamed himself a bit for Michael's death even though he was told it wasn't his fault.
4. Pippa then left too, and he didn't seem to get on with Rebecca and Travis fostering him, but he also felt by then that Donald had abandoned him a bit too even though he eventually went back to living with him.  He was passed around a bit and possibly felt a bit unwanted.
5. Like Alan, he wasn't an academic and felt like Donald would have preferred to have Edward as a grandson rather than him.
6. He'd failed when trying to make it as a professional surfer.


But after his friends turned against him and the minor car crash when he came back in late 2000, he seemed to want to turn his life around a bit once Donald had bailed him out and he'd met Sandy.  I found him wanting to take care of Sandy and Bella Rose so soon after meeting them a bit strange, but he seemed to want to be more responsible.  He seemed to still be lacking career direction in 2002, but he seemed to be trying to be a responsible step-father and was happy with Sandy and Bella Rose both then and in his last appearance in 2005, so I'm glad he got that happy ending.

 

Duncan just makes a lot less sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

I wouldn't quite count the Stewarts or the Nashes.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Hunters.

Also the Sutherlands: Geoff/Avril, Shelley, Kirsty, Ollie.

If you count Luc as VJ's daughter (which is as valid as Bella Rose for Sam), that makes four generations of both Pattersons and Pouloses.

11 hours ago, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

Apart from the casting change to Brendan McKensy, how does Duncan change into someone who wants to build bombs?

This is LONG before Ailsa's death, so as someone who is too young to have seen that and has only seen bits and pieces, it seems to me like he turns into a bad person for no reason.  And then he's still like that 5 years later with the drugs and the car crash (at the time, he seemed to feel no remorse over Seb's injuries and felt like Alf preferred Seb to him), the bullying Tasha, etc.  It's only with the casting change to Benedict Wall in 2016 that Duncan seems any different.

It was all to do with the storyline that wrote out Lewis Devaney, when Duncan was involved in an accident when he fell into a quarry. He spent months in hospital in the city undergoing rehab and was left feeling abandoned by Alf and Ailsa, with Alf more focused on suing the council for not making the area safe than visiting Duncan. He did get better for most of 2000 only to go off the rails a second time after Ailsa died. He seemed to have improved a bit during his 2005 appearance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, JamesC10 said:

Who owns Summer Bay House? Is it Alf and Roo?

It's not entirely clear frankly, thanks to the show forgetting to write an ending to the "Sally comes back to sell the caravan park" storyline in 2013. Alf alluded to owning it a few weeks back, so probably.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.