Quick Questions

Si-Co

On 21/05/2019 at 05:45, baywatcher said:

What is the relationship between Seven & Five regards H&A?

Do 7 make the show exactly as they want, or does 5 have any influence over what happens?

Do 5 have a finite contract which is running down to a renewal, or will they screen the show for as long as 7 continue to make it?

Seven has most of the control over H&A, but Five does pump some money into it and work with the show on certain storylines. (Although as H&A is a lot bigger in Aus they don't rely on the money/contract as much as Neighbours does) They have a lifetime deal in place.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/home-and-away/a871215/home-and-away-christmas-break-2018/

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, baywatcher said:

Do Aussie viewers ever get to see the closing credits UK viewers do?  If not, why not?

No, they don't.The credits run over the bottom of the next episode promo in Australia, whereas the UK version has the promo, then the end credits.For time, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone else find it strange that a guest character can be brought in for anything between one and three months but would have still stopped filming before viewers actually see them and producers can gauge their popularity (or lack of).  I guess they can be brought back if viewers like them.

Same goes for signing permanent cast up for 3 years from the get go.  It's an awfully long time to be stuck with someone if they turn out to me unpopular.  Is there a get-out clause?

I'm interested in the mechanics of how these things work.

22 hours ago, baywatcher said:

Does anyone else find it strange that a guest character can be brought in for anything between one and three months but would have still stopped filming before viewers actually see them and producers can gauge their popularity (or lack of).  I guess they can be brought back if viewers like them.

Same goes for signing permanent cast up for 3 years from the get go.  It's an awfully long time to be stuck with someone if they turn out to me unpopular.  Is there a get-out clause?

It's up to the exictive producer isn't or script people they can do what they like? Like keep a character on or axe them? 

Or sometimes actors can choose to sign or not sign a new contract? 

23 hours ago, baywatcher said:

For regular characters I'm sure there is a way for producers to get rid of them if they are unpopular or unneeded. In an interview Luke Jacobz said that TPTB cut his contract by 6 months because they introduced the Braxtons and didn't need Angelo anymore (and he was quite bitter about that, not to blame him). Catherine Mack's (Natalie) contract was cut short because she was supposed to be Brax's love interest but it didn't go down well with the fans. Also, in an interview Steve Peacock said that TPTB tend to kill off characters if the actors cause problems (I wasn't sure if that was a joke or not). 

Edited by Lila_Q
  • Like 2

On 15/06/2019 at 05:27, baywatcher said:

I think Bob Morley may have left before his contract was up? I'm not sure if he was on a 3 year contract originally, but he did quit after about a year and half, saying he felt uncomfortable and like a 'meat puppet'. 

Apparently Ashleigh Brewster was offered to extend her 6 month contract but declined, which I was quite shocked about as she didn't seem that popular amongst viewers? I guess sometimes they will offer an extension more based on what storylines they have to offer them and not popularity?

I know sometimes people have wanted to extend their contract after the 3 years but have been written out as well. I think Matt Little said it was H&A's choice for him to go when he did.