Quick Questions

Si-Co

Has the actress who played the doctor who diagnosed Billie's pregnancy been in the show before? She seems really familiar. I'm not sure if it's because she's reminding me of Judith Ackroyd/Anna Hruby, but crossed with someone else, but I can't think who... another Doctor, I keep thinking Kelly, but that doesn't seem the right fit.

5 minutes ago, c120701 said:

Has the actress who played the doctor who diagnosed Billie's pregnancy been in the show before? She seems really familiar. I'm not sure if it's because she's reminding me of Judith Ackroyd/Anna Hruby, but crossed with someone else, but I can't think who... another Doctor, I keep thinking Kelly, but that doesn't seem the right fit.

You're in the right era :wink:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Road tripping with my bff and he NEEDS to know the story of "On the Crest of a Wave" (something about a book by/about Fisher's dead son??) because he can't remember the details and says it's driving him crazy. It's not my era so I thought I'd throw it out to the forum. We're heading into an internet black spot for several days in a couple of hours so time is an issue aaaah!!!!

39 minutes ago, emmasi said:

Road tripping with my bff and he NEEDS to know the story of "On the Crest of a Wave" (something about a book by/about Fisher's dead son??) because he can't remember the details and says it's driving him crazy. It's not my era so I thought I'd throw it out to the forum. We're heading into an internet black spot for several days in a couple of hours so time is an issue aaaah!!!!

It was written by Donald's son Alan. I can't remember what specific plot details we learned offhand, but it was mainly a (thinly veiled) semi-autobiographical book about a young surfer growing up in a coastal town, and the bad relationship he had with his father. Whilst Don was pained by the content of the book, he admired Alan's talent for writing and he agreed to honour his wishes to have it published after his death.

It came up again in 1999, the book was one on the school syllabus which Vinnie campaigned to have studied at Summer Bay High (Don had obviously chosen an alternative), and a movie crew came to town later in the year to film an adaptation of it.

• Like 3