Quick Questions

Si-Co

I know Alf has three children in Roo (with Martha), Duncan (with Alisa) and Owen (with Viv), but I read on Wikipedia (unreliable source) that Alf also has a daughter called Quinn Jackson. Who was she and who was her mother? I actually can't remember her.

Quinn's mother was called Mary, she turned up in Summer Bay in 1995 looking for Alf.She was unimpressed when she found him pushing ahead with a hotel development and feuding with Michael and Pippa and blamed him for abandoning her mother when she was pregnant and leaving her to be brought up by a stepfather who never really cared for her.She started dating Steven and provided him with documents that showed Alf had lied about the impact the development would have on town, which turned Donald and the rest of the town against the idea.She regretted it when she realised Alf didn't know about her and would have been a father to her if he had.Alf still wanted her to stay when he found out what she'd done but she told him it was too late and left.

Why Brax doesn't like being called Darryl? The same goes why Indi's husband wants to be called Romeo instead of Todd?

I think it's a parental thing. Danny obviously named 'Brax' Darryl I would think he then wanted to be known as Brax to distance himself from Danny. When Danny found out he was not a happy bunny! He insisted on calling him Darryl. The same I think for Romeo/Todd, his sister Mink preferred that to her real name.

Edited by H&Alover

Alf still wanted her to stay when he found out what she'd done but she told him it was too late and left.

The way I remember it, she was the one who apologised and wanted to stay, but Alf was furious about her ruining his development plans and told her to get out of town. A short while later he and Ailsa decided to give her another chance. He raced to the sea plane to try and talk to her before she left but it had already taken off by the time he got there (cue recycled footage of the seaplane taking off from that time with Angel). Alf was too late and Quinn left wrongly believing that Alf didn't want her.

Alf still wanted her to stay when he found out what she'd done but she told him it was too late and left.

The way I remember it, she was the one who apologised and wanted to stay, but Alf was furious about her ruining his development plans and told her to get out of town. A short while later he and Ailsa decided to give her another chance. He raced to the sea plane to try and talk to her before she left but it had already taken off by the time he got there (cue recycled footage of the seaplane taking off from that time with Angel). Alf was too late and Quinn left wrongly believing that Alf didn't want her.

Interesting.Not how I remember it at all and I'm wondering if I got mixed up with the first time she was going to leave.I remember Alf finding her by the bus stop with her bags packed all set to leave, after he'd found out what she'd done, and sort of saying "I know why you did it, we can get past this" and her saying it was too late for them to be a family.I don't recall her even apologising, she went after Steven and told him she'd changed her mind but he refused to back out of making the report public because it affected people he cared about, then I don't think we saw her again until Alf tracked her down.I do find that I either remember things perfectly or don't remember them at all but I do also get these things mixed up sometimes.Maybe in four years time it'll turn up on 7Two and we'll find out...

Interesting.Not how I remember it at all and I'm wondering if I got mixed up with the first time she was going to leave.I remember Alf finding her by the bus stop with her bags packed all set to leave, after he'd found out what she'd done, and sort of saying "I know why you did it, we can get past this" and her saying it was too late for them to be a family.I don't recall her even apologising, she went after Steven and told him she'd changed her mind but he refused to back out of making the report public because it affected people he cared about, then I don't think we saw her again until Alf tracked her down.I do find that I either remember things perfectly or don't remember them at all but I do also get these things mixed up sometimes.Maybe in four years time it'll turn up on 7Two and we'll find out...

Beau's the closest - Alf found Quinn when he worked it out and she did regret her actions. She didn't have her bags packed at the bus stop though, you may be thinking of her first episode when she was all set to leave and he went after her when he clicked who she could be.

She said she was truly sorry, after explaining her initial reasons for coming to the bay, but he simply said "It's a bit late for sorry" and left - there wasn't any talk of her staying or leaving town etc. and that was the last time they spoke. She went to Steven to say goodbye, and it then played out as Beau recalls with Alf and Ailsa talking and agreeing they should give her a second chance. But by that point Quinn was on the seaplane (an almost replica of the Angel scene but not actually recycled footage on this occasion :P)

Beau's the closest - Alf found Quinn when he worked it out and she did regret her actions. She didn't have her bags packed at the bus stop though, you may be thinking of her first episode when she was all set to leave and he went after her when he clicked who she could be.

She said she was truly sorry, after explaining her initial reasons for coming to the bay, but he simply said "It's a bit late for sorry" and left - there wasn't any talk of her staying or leaving town etc. and that was the last time they spoke. She went to Steven to say goodbye, and it then played out as Beau recalls with Alf and Ailsa talking and agreeing they should give her a second chance. But by that point Quinn was on the seaplane (an almost replica of the Angel scene but not actually recycled footage on this occasion :P)

I knew I was right as I had this episode on tape for years, I had recorded a movie off TV and later used the remaining space on the tape to record H&A one day when I knew I was going to be out, and it happened to be this episode. So over the years I watched it quite a lot. It definately seems like they intended to revisit the Quinn storyline (like with Travis and Tiegan, who were brought in as guest characters, written out after their stint finished, then subsequently brought back as main characters due to their popularity). Maybe the actress decided not to come back, or there was a change in writers and the new writer wasn't interested in the story... it was very strange for H&A back then to introduce a story like that and then never tie it up.

Could someone please let me know what the time delay is between filming & being aired in Australia? Thanks :wink:

It varies greatly throughout the year, but episodes airing this week in Aus were filmed between 11th-22nd February, so around 4½ months currently.