Homecoming Part 5

Thanks for reading :)

Chapter 441

Beach- Summer Bay

“HEY WAIT” Sophie could hear the woman running behind her and shouting but she ran as fast a she could. Shortly after she couldn’t hear the woman behind her anymore then she turned the corner and saw her dads’ truck. She opened the door and got in then her dad drove off. A few minutes later Al pulled up along the side of the road and stopped the car. He snatched the purse from Sophies hands and opened it

“$20? Whats that going to do?” Al said annoyed

“You can’t do anything right can you…get in the back, you stink” Al said then Sophie quickly climbed into the back seat. Al said then he threw the wallet out of the window and started to drive then he saw Bobby walking towards her can and he pulled over

“G’Day”  Al said

“What do you want?” Bobby said and Sophie immediately turned and moved over to sit behind the drivers side window

“I already told you” Al said and Bobby noticed the little girl in the back staring at her

“And I told you, you’re not getting anything from me” Bobby said

“You don’t really have much of a choice because you owe me for taking care of you “ Al said and Bobby laughed

“No you didn’t…you didn’t do anything for me so don’t even give me that” Bobby said and Al looked at her annoyed. Bobby looked in the back seat and noticed the little girl still staring at her. Sophie stared at Bobby, she was really nice. She had dark hair like her, but not the same eyes.

“I don’t care how you put it, I still looked after you, you were still my daughter..I raised you..and you owe me” Al said

“Go to hell” Bobby said then she walked away. Sophie sighed as Bobby walked away…she was hoping that her dad would be nice to Bobby so maybe they could go to her house

“Ungrateful drongo…ill teach you” Al said to himself then he smirked and drove away

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

Go on then, I’m in” Alf said as he stood in the shop with Nick and Ben

“Its just a friendly game mind you” Nick said then the door opened and Michael walked into the shop and towards the counter

“G’day…just some lighter fuel” Michael said as Alf bent down and opened the small cupboard under the counter and took out a bottle of lighter fuel

“What about you Michael?” Nick said

“What?” Michael said

“A game of poker” Nick said

“Sorry, mate, I’m not a gambler” Michael said as he took money from his pocket

“Its just a friendly game” Nick said

“Afraid of losing a few dollars” Alf said and laughed

“From where I’m standing you are the last person to be talking about losing” Michael said and smiled as an awkward moment ensued.

“Now hang on a minute” Alf said then the door of the shop opened and Alf sighed as he saw Al Simpson walk into the shop and towards the counter

“Alf..long time no see” Al said and Alf didn’t respond

“Its Al right? I helped you over at the caravan park..Ben” Ben said

“Yes, right” Al said

“Al’s staying at the caravan park..you said you lived around here?” Ben said

“Yes, I did….you probably know my daughter…Bobby…Bobby simpson” Al said

“Bobby is your daughter? I thought Donald Fisher was her dad?” Michael said

“Well biologically he is now.. Bobby’s mum is Alf’s sister…she had an affair with Donald while they were both married..She got pregnant and gave Bobby up for adoption..thats how she ended up with me and my dear wife..isnt that right Alf” Al said

“Looks like the Stewarts have a history” Michael said and laughed

“What are you doing tonight, we’re having a game of poker” Ben said

“The more the merrier” Nick said

“Sure, why not” Al said and smiled

“Good, 15 moots ave…8pm” Nick said

“I’ll be there…oh by the way Alf…give my regards to Roo” Al said and looked at Alf and smiled then he walked out of the shop…

Edison Agency- New York

Roo couldn’t believe that in a few weeks the year was coming to an end. If she was honest with herself, she had gone further in her career than she ever thought possible. Helen, Roo’s manager said she was going to promote someone to assistant manager. Roo knew it wouldn’t be her because she had not been there long enough…it was probably going to be Nancy, or one of the other PR execs who had been there longer. Either way it didn’t matter, Roo was happy with where she was in her career. If someone had told her two years ago that she would be living in New York and having a great career, she never would’ve believe them. Roo looked at her watch, she had a few minutes to grab some lunch before she had a meeting with a client. Just as she was about to get up she glanced at the photo of Frank on her desk and reached forward and picked it up

Flashback

Frank- Whats the matter?

Roo- Oh nothing, its just that I never wouldve expected to be here in the city with you..its like a new life

Frank- It is

Roo- And us

Frank- What about us? You bored of me already?
Roo- I don’t think I could ever be bored of you

Frank- Good because I’ve been waiting here in the city for you

Roo- Whay was you waiting

Frank- Because I knew you felt the same way about me..it was just a matter of time until you made the decision to come

Roo- Well, I have to thank Bobby and Auntie Morag for that

Frank- Yeah I guess

Roo- I still cant believe Bobby would even suggest that I come and be with you

Frank- Look, I don’t want to talk about any of that anymore

Roo- What do you want to talk about?

Frank- I don’t want to talk…

Flashback ends

Flashback

Frank- You couldn’t even be bothered to tell me you were staying out

Roo- Oh so now you want to talk

Frank- Stop being childish

Roo- Childish? I’m not the one who storms off like a five year old anytime we’re having an argument

Frank- Why should I stay around and listen to you

Roo- Because I’m your wife

Frank- Really? I have to wonder sometimes..

Flashback

Roo- THAT’S RIGHT, GO OFF IN A MODD LIKE YOU ALWAYS DO…SOMETIMES I WONDER WHY I BOTHERED TO COME HERE WITH YOU!

Flashback ends

Roo sighed. Lately she had been thinking a lot about her and Frank. The last few weeks they hadn’t argued…they appeared to be getting on better. They were both making the effort..maybe just maybe…next year will be better…yes, maybe Roo thought to herself and she put the photo down on the desk got up and walked away…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

The caravan was dark. Sophie sat in the corner then she heard what sounded like a knock on the door. She closed her eyes and put the sheet over her head then she heard the knock again. She quietly took the sheet off her head and tip toed to the window. She slightly raised the curtain and looked out. She couldn’t see anyone

“Sophie…its Sally” Sally said when she saw the curtain move. Sophie wanted to open the door but she wasn’t sure. She knew she would get into trouble if her dad found out. Slowly she opened the door

“Are you ok?” Sally said as she stood outside in her nightdress and dressing gown and slippers. She would get in trouble if Pippa knew she had snuck outside. Sophie nodded

“Why are your clothes dirty?” Sally said and Sophie shrugged her shoulder

“SALLY” Sally looked around when she heard her name

“I have to go” Sally said and Sophie nodded

“Here” Sophie said and she took out a packet of sweets from her pocket and gave them to Sophie then she ran away. Sophie went back into the van and locked it then she went and sat in the corner and opened the packet of sweets that Sally gave her. As she ate each one a tear ran down her cheek because these were not things she had the opportunity to eat often…but one day Bobby was going to take her out…and buy her ice cream and sweets and lots of nice clothes….

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Bobby and Greg kissed on the couch

“I’m glad we made up” Greg said as he kissed Bobby’s neck

“Yeah me too” Bobby said then Greg kissed her lips

“Being here with you is everything I’ve ever wanted…being on the road for so long, I;ve been all over Australia..but I never thought that I would find the woman I love…looking after my son” Greg said

“Yeah, it’s a crazy coincidence” Bobby said

“The stars definitely alined for this” Greg said

“I think they did..hey don’t you have a night out with the guys” Bobby said

“Nah, I’d rather spend my time with you” Greg said and hugged Bobby and she smiled

“This is going to be a very special Christmas..and I cant wait” Greg said

“Me too” Bobby said and smiled…..

Barnett Residence- Summer Bay

“That’s me done” Adam said and he put his cards on the table and sighed

“Me too” Nick said as Al looked at Alf, Ben and Michael and smiled

“I’ll see you $2 and raise you and another $2

“I’m out” Michael said and Al smiled

“What about you Alf?” Al said

“I’m still game” Alf said

“What about you Ben, are you out too?” Al said and smiled then he looked at the money on the table

“No…I’ll see you $2 and raise you $10” Ben said as he tossed his money into the middle

“This is just a friendly game guys” Nick said

“Of course” Alf said then he put his cards on the table and smiled

“Not so fast…now tell me how your hand beats two aces and two kings” Nick said and smiled as Alf and Al both looked at him annoyed

“Mate, you really are good” Adam said

“One of the perks of being in the army” Ben said and smiled and winked

Lucini Residence- Summer Bay

Background music- Carly’s theme

“What do you want?” Carly said as she opened the door to see Marilyn standing there they she slowly walked up the stairs as Marilyn followed her

“I came to see how you are” Marilyn said as she was just about to close the door

“You might as well keep the door open because you’re not staying long” Carly said as she slowly walked over to the couch and sat down

“Did you think about what I said?” Marilyn said

“Look Marilyn, there is nothing to talk about..can you just leave” Carly said

“Carly..please..you’re all I think about..i feel so guilty about whats happening to you” Marilyn said

“I never told you to think about me, mind your own business” Carly said

“Carly…please I want to help you” Marilyn said

“I DON’T NEED YOUR HELP, JUST GO AWAY AND LEAVE ME ALONE” Carly said and she stood

“What’s going on here?” Ben said and Marilyn and Carly both jumped

“Nothing, Marilyn was just leaving” Carly said as Marilyn looked at her then at Ben

“Yes..I was just going” Marilyn said and she rushed out of the house. Ben looked at Carly as they heard Marilyn rush down the stairs and close the door

“Now, you’re going to tell me what she really wanted” Ben said

“Nothing she just came to see me” Carly said and she walked into the bedroom and sat down on the bed

“You’re lying to me…I really hate liars” Ben said as Carly looked at him

“Tell me what she wanted” Ben said and he walked over to Carly’s side of the bed and sat down next to her as Carlys heart beat faster

“Shes got it into her head that I wasn’t attacked in the van” Carly said

“Really, now why would she think that?” Ben said

“I don’t know” Carly said

“You’re lying…what does she think happened” Ben said

“She said you attacked me…I told her she was wrong…I told her I didn’t see who it was” Carly said

“So if you told her that…why does she still keep coming around” Ben said

“I don’t know” Carly said

“You’re lying” Ben said and Carly exhaled

“She thinks you attacked me…because you did the same to her..but I told her she’s lying..im your wife you would never do that to me” Carly said and before she knew what was happening she was lying on the bed and Ben was sitting on her chest

“Ben…I ..cant breathe” Carly said as she gasped for air

“If I see you talking to that airhead again… I’ll leave the door unlocked and you might get another visit from the burglar…I might tell him to go and visit Marilyn too…just for old times sake” Ben said

“ok..ok” Carly said and she struggled then Ben ripped her shirt open and began to kiss her neck and she closed her eyes as a tear ran down the side of the her face

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Al slammed the van door shut. He was annoyed that he just lost the twenty dollars that Sophie stole earlier. He turned the light on to see Sophie sleeping under the table. He kicked her leg out of the way and noticed a sweet wrapper. He picked it and noticed there were a few sweets left in it

“Hey, wake up” Al said and he kicked Sophies leg and she took the sheet off her head and rubbed her eye

“Did you let someone into the van?” Al said and Sophie shook her head no

“Get up” Al said and he dragged Sophie up

““Did you let someone into the van?” Al said again and Sophie shook her head no

“So where did you get this from?” Al said showing Sophie the half eaten packet of sweets. And Sophe sighed. She was supposed to hide them then she fell asleep. Sophe was still half asleep when she felt the first slap across her face

“I’m going to teach you a lesson for lying…I said nobody is to come in here, but you don’t listen” Al said as he took off his belt then he started hitting Sophie not only for her letting someone into the van, but for losing the money earlier. He didn’t know how long he hit her for, but he eventually stopped when he got tired

“Get under the table and cover yourself, I don’t want to see your ugly stinking body” Al said as Sophie struggled to get under the table. Her body hurt as she covered her self. She wiped her nose with the back of her hand and saw the blood. She laid on the floor and closed her eyes as she cried. One day, Bobby was coming to take her away, and buy her ice creams and nices dresses Sophie thought to herself as she silently cried…

Background music ends

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great chapters Alf and Ailsa going at it like a pair of wild cats Greg and Bobby going out on a date. Colleen sticking her nose in it and that Betty. Update again soon  

Great chapter  Hopefully things work out for Julie and Nick Hope Julie gets the reception job at the resort Alf wanting another chance with Ails Bye Bob sad to see you go Ben

Great chapter  Frank is a popular guy it seems... So Adam did hear the phone message  Update again soon      

Chapter 442

Gibson Residence- Summer Bay

Julie lay in her bed and flicked through the magazine then she sighed.

Knock on the door

“Come in” Julie said and her brother Maurice aka Revhead opened the door

“Can I come in?” Maurice said

“What do you want?” Julie said

“Just to clear the air” Maurice said and he walked into the room and closed the door and walked over to the bed and sat down

“Look, I know that you’re upset with me…what I did in Summer Bay was wrong” Maurice said

“Gee, you think? Do you know how you’ve made me look? All the time you got into trouble I stick up for you and now you hurt people who are my friends” Julie said

“Jules I never meant for it to happen…but I’ve changed now” Maurice said

“That’s always your excuse” Julie said

“I’m serious, being in prison changed me…I had a lot of time to think about my life…I want to do things different now…” Maurice said

“I don’t know if I can believe you” Julie said

“Please…you have always been on my side…I know I let you down, but all that other stuff, I’m going to stop it from now on..I’ve got some job interviews lined up..i’ll how you I can be a better person…please believe me Jules” Maurice said and sighed

“Ok…but you have to do one thing first” Julie said

“What?” Maurice said and Julie looked at him

“Apologize to Bobby?” Maurice said and Julie nodded

“If its going to make you happy and prove that I’ve changed…I’ll do it” Maurice said and Julie gently grabbed his hand and smiled

Ross/Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Celia folded her arms and sighed as Michael put his pyjamas on and laughed

“Alf acts so holier than thou yet your entire family has secrets” Michael said then he got into bed

“That’s not fair” Celia said

“Its true though, Alf was having it off with some woman who he cheated on his first wife with and had two kids, His daughter getting pregnant as a teen, blames it on the wrong bloke and gives her kid up for adoption, Morag having an affair with her sister’s husband and abandoning her kid.what kind of family did I marry into?...I hope you’re not hiding any secrets” Michael said and laughed then he reached for the lamp by the bed and turned it off leaving Celia sitting on the bed in the dark….

Next day

Ross Boatshed- Summer Bay

“Looks good, well done” Michael said and Greg smiled

“With the mechanics going out of business, I’ve been thinking about expanding business to pick up some more work..what do you think about also working on cars?” Michael said

“An engine is and engine and I love all of them” Greg said

“Good, I’ve got some repairs coming in tomorrow after…I’m thinking of getting someone else in part time to help us out if it gets too busyt” Michael said

“Sounds good…the extra money will come in handy” Greg said

“Are you hard up for cash?” Michael said

“ No nothing like that…keep it to yourself…but I want to save up for a ring…I’m thinking of asking Bobby to marry me” Greg said

“You sure? You’ve only been going out for a few weeks” Michael said

“I know, but I know she’s the one..she’s going to be Mrs Gregory Marshall” Greg said and smiled…

Bayside Diner After dark- Summer Bay

Bobby opened the over and took the mint chicken pies out and out them on the top of the cooker

“How is Carly?” Ailsa said as she came out of the pantry with her coat on

“On the mend, but I don’t know how long before she can come back to work” Bobby said

“Such a shame what happened, and there are no leads at all?” Ailsa said

“None, but the police have been patrolling the caravan park, and now that her and Ben are living in the flat…its probably a bit safer for her” Bobby said

“Poor Carly..if its not one thing after another…but anyway at least she has Ben to take care of her her” Ailsa said

“Yeah I suppose” Bobby said

“Come on Bobby, its her choice” Ailsa said

“But he’s such a creep. I don’t know what she sees in him…from the very beginning there was something about him that I didn’t like” Bobby said

“But there is something about him that Carly likes…so unfortunately you have to get used to it..Ill see you tomorrow” Ailsa said and smiled as she walked out of the diner.

“Sorry I cant do that” Lance said

“What are you an idiot? Well you’ve always been an idiot” Al Simpson said

Bobby could hear some arguing and she walked out of the pantry and into the diner and sighed

“Whats going on?” Bobby said

“Bobby he doesn’t want to pay for his food” Lance said

“Why should I when my daughter own this establishment?” Al said and smiled

“Just give him what he wants so he can go away” Bobby said and Al smiled then she walked back into the kitchen. A few moments later Lance can into the kitchen

“Bobby that guy is a creep, why is he eating free food?” Lance said then Bobby looked at him and walked into the office and closed the door

Flashback

Bobby- Why do you hate me so much

Al- Because you’re useless just like your mother

Bobby- Mum is sick

Al- There’s nothing wrong with her

Bobby- Yes there is 

Bobby- Shut up you idiot. What do you know?Why couldn’t you have been more like Roo Stewart. When she gets older shes going to have all the boys after her, nobody is ever going to want you, you useless fool.

Flashback ends

A tear ran down Bobby’s cheek as she remembered all the bad times she had with her father…although it was years ago, it seemed like yesterday then she wiped her cheek and sighed…

Morgan Residence- Summer Bay

Roo sighed as she got to the top of the stairs then she opened the front door

Background music- Song from the TV

You ask me if I love you
And I choke on my reply
I'd rather hurt you honestly
Than mislead you with a lie

For who am I to judge you
In what you say or do
I'm only just beginning
To see the real you

“Hi” Roo said

“Hi..I got a pizza so we didn’t have to cook dinner” Frank said as he sat on the couch  with the pizza box in front of him

“Thanks” Roo said as she put her bag down and took off her coat then she went into the bathroom to change. A few minutes later she turned the bathroom light off and walked into the kitchen. She took out a plate and walked into the living room and sat next to Frank. She opened the pizaa box and took out a slice of pizza and put it on her plate

“Its getting colder now” Roo said

“Yeah” Frank said as they watched the TV and ate in silence….

And sometimes when we touch
The honesty's too much
And I have to close my eyes
And hide
I want to hold you till I die
Till we both break down and cry
I want to hold you till the fear in me subsides

Carly sat in the room as she listened to Ben watch TV loudly in the living room. As quick as she could she drank the last mouthful of whiskey she had in the bottle before she out the empty bottle back into her bag. Ben was watching sports and was shouting about the fact that his team were losing

“CARLY” Ben said and a few moments later Carly walked out of the bedroom

“Get me a beer” Ben said and Carly slowly walked into the kitchen and took a beer out of the fridge.She opened the can and poured some of the beer into the glass and walked out of the kitchen. She put the glass and the beer on the table in front of Ben

“What are you sitting in there for, come and sit next to me” Ben said and he patted the seat next to him.

“I want to go and lie down” Carly said

“No ,you are going to sit next to me like I said” Ben said and Carly silently sighed and she sat next to Ben who put his arm around her and she slowly put one hand on her stomach and closed her eyes…..

Romance's an honest strategy
Leaves me grappling with my pride
But through the years of maturity
Some tenderness survives
I'm just another writer
Still trapped within my truth
A hesitant prize-fighter
Still trapped within my youth

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Sophie could hear talking, so she got up quietly and limped over to the window and opened the corner. She could see Sally standing outside watching the  tall boy and her mum carry bags and boxes out of  the car. She moved away from the window before they saw her. She went back to sitting under the table then she heard the door knock

“Sophie…its Sally” Sophie wanted to go to the door, but she knew what happened last time and she didn’t want to get into trouble. She heard the door knock a few more times then she heard Sally run away. Sophie put the sheet over her heard and sighed as tears ran down her cheek. One day, Bobby was gong to take her somewhere and buy her nice dresses like Sally and an icecream….

The honesty's too much
And hide

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

“Duncan is fast asleep” Alf said as he walked into the living room and sat next to Ailsa

“You know love…I know I have made so many mistakes this year..but I’m glad you have forgiven me, and you know I’m back living in the house” Alf said

“Well considering you let the flat out without telling me” Ailsa said and yawned then she got up from the couch

“I’m tired, I want to have an early nice” Ailsa said and Alf yawned

“Yeah me too..i got to get that tree out tomorrow…shame we cant see Ruthy this year but I know her and Frank will be just right” Alf said and watched as Ailsa walked into the bedroom

“Night love” Alf said

“Night” Ailsa said and she watched as Alf walked away

“There is a space next to me if you want it” Ailsa said and Alf turned around and smiled then he walked back towards Ails and they walked into the room and closed the door…

At times I'd like to break you
And drive you to your knees
At times I'd like to break through
And hold you endlessly
At times I understand you
And I know how hard you try
I've watched while love commands you
And I've watched love pass you by
At times I think we're drifters
Still searching for a friend
A brother or a sister
But then the passion flares again...

Morgan Residence – New York

As usual Frank couldn’t sleep. He turned to his side and faced the wall and silently sighed then he closed his eyes..

Flashback

Frank- Thanks for being here..you know for Roo. I know how important it is to her to have you here

Alf- Yeah..I know that Tom and Pippa couldn’t be here, but I’m here for you also

Frank- Thanks

Alf- I know that Ruthy always had a soft spot for you..even after you and Bobby got married. At first I wasn’t sure if this was all a good idea after what happened last time and you and Bobby working out

Frank- Roo and I love each other, things will be different with us

Alf- Are you sure this is what you want?

Frank- Absolutely

Alf-  if you break her heart..Ill break your legs

Frank- ill never break her heart..we are in this for life…

Alf- Good, then you have my blessing....

Flashback ends

Frank opened his eyes and stared at the wall again….wishing that things were different…when he was happy 

Roo opened her eyes. Usually she never had difficulty sleeping but for some reason today she did then she closed her eyes..

Flashback

Alf- If only your mum was here to see you…love, you look beautiful

Roo- Thanks dad…you’re here and that makes me happy

Alf- I know that things have not been easy these last couple of years, giving up Martha, watching Frank and Bobby getting married…but since you moved to the city and here, you are so happy

Roo- Yes Dad, I am. I always knew in my heart that Frank and I would be back together…I just knew it would happen

Alf- Now you’re here…about to be his wife..love are you sure this is what you want?

Roo- More than anything in this world..I love Frank so much

Alf- Well you have my blessing

Flashback ends

Roo opened her eyes and stared at the wall again….wishing that maybe she could go back to a different time…when she was happy 

The honesty's too much
And hide

Bayside Diner- After dark- Summer Bay

“Hi” Bobby turned around to see Greg standing in the kitchen

“What are you doing here, where is Sam?” Bobby said

“I just tucked him into bed at your place. Marilyn Is still awake, she said she’s going to keep an eye on him. I just wanted to say goodnight” Greg said as Bobby smiled

“Thanks…its been a long evening..so its nice to see a friendly face” Bobby said

“Oh, So I’m only a friendly face” Greg said as he tickled Bobby and she laughed

“Alright alright..you’re more than that” Bobby said

“Good..because you mean the world to me…and I love you” Greg said

“I love you too” Bobby said and they kissed

Background music ends

Edited by Summer's Bay

Chapter 443

Next day

High School- Summer Bay

“What about Uncle Donald?” David said

“He’s going to be spending Christmas in the city with his ex wife” Lucinda said

“Really? You think those two will get back together?” David said and Lucinda shrugged her shoulders

“I always liked Auntie Barbara” David said

“Yeah she was really nice…so when do you want to leave?” Lucinda said

“What about Sunday morning…or Saturday afternoon? I have to volunteer at the shelter on Saturday morning…we can probably get going after that” David said

“Yes, it will be nice to be back home for a while” Lucinda said

“Lu, is there something wrong?” David said

“No, its just that after Uni, I came here for a break before I found a job in the city…now I’m still here working for my uncle” Lucinda

“Its not so bad here” David said and smiled

“Its alright for you…you have the attention of every woman under fifty” Lucinda said and laughed

“It will happen for you…when the time is right” David said then he looked at his watch

“Better go, got an appointment” David said and he walked out of the staff room and to his office. As he walked around the corner he noticed Emma at her locker

“Emma” Emma turned around when she heard her name

“Hi Sir” Emma said and smiled

“I’m going up to the shelter tomorrow morning…if you want to come, I can give you a lift” David said

“Yeah, that will be great, thanks” Emma said

“How about I pick you up from your place at 8am?” David said

“Ok, thanks” Emma said

“See you later” David said and walked away as Emma watched him go…..

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“PIPPA” Bobby said as she walked into the house

“Hi Bobby, Pippa is just changing out of her uniform, she’ll be down in a minute” Finlay said

“Oh right, thanks” Bobby said and smiled

“Bobo” Christopher said as he came running towards Bobby

“Hi Chris” Bobby said and she knelt down and gave him a hug and kiss

“Can you believe its almost Christmas” Finlay said

“I know” Bobby said and Pippa came into the living room

“Hello sweetheart” Pippa said and she walked over to Bobby and gave her a hug

“Mrs Fletcher, Christopher and I are  just going to go down to the store for some  milk” Finlay said

“Alright, thanks” Pippa said and she she waved them as they left the house

“Finlay has been an absolute god send, Chris really like her” Pippa said

“Yeah, I can tell..when is she going home for the holiday?” Bobby said

“Shes not, her family are going to Perth and she asked if she could just stay here with no pay and I said sure..it will be good to have her around to keep Mr Christopher occupied while I’m cooking” Pippa said then she opened the page on her notepad and she began writing a list of all the people she expected for Christmas dinner

“are coming here for dinner?” Pippa said

“Yeah, of course” Bobby said

“I thought maybe you would have different plans this year” Pippa said and Bobby smiled

“No..I want to be here” Bobby said

“Good…I’m making you a cake since I didn’t get to make you a cake last year” Pippa said

“Ok….Sam is so excited, Greg has a tradition in his family where they don’t put up the tree until two days before Christmas which I think is really late, but Greg says its supposed to be good luck or something said and shrugged her shoulders and Pippa smiled

“ “Just tell me what you want to me make, and I make it” Bobby said

“That will be so much help…” Pippa said

“What about Carly and Ben?” Bobby said

“What do you mean?” Pippa said

“Well…will they be here, or will they be going to Bens family?” Bobby said

“I don’t know..Carly hasn’t said…she hasn’t said much recently” Pippa said

“Probably still in shock about everything that happened” Bobby said

“I think so, but anyway, things have turned around for her, and she has Ben” Pippa said and Bobby rolled her eyes and Pippa playfully hit her on the arm…

Carly changed the channel on the TV, there was nothing she felt like watching then turned the TV off. She got up from the chair and walked over to the window and looked outside. The flat had a great view of the beach. Carly smiled to herself as she remembered the first time her and Lynn went to the beach when they arrived in Summer Bay. Then her smile disappeared as she heard footsteps coming up the stairs and she walked into the bedroom. A few moments later Ben walked into the house and into the room. Carly tried to avoid looking at him as she made the bed.

“I spoke to my mum, we’re going up there for Christmas” Ben said and Carly’s heart sank

“I want to be here with my family” Carly said

“That isn’t your family…you’re a Lucini now” Ben said and Carly sighed

“We’re driving up on Wednesday night..and we’ll be back January second” Ben said

“It’s the NSW awards on new years eve…I don’t want to miss it” Carly said and Ben laughed

Why? Bobby isn’t going to win anyway…she’s such a loser” Ben said and Carly sighed…

“Make me some food before I go back to work” Ben said and he walked out of the room. Carly sighed as she walked out of the bed room behind ben/ She didn’t know how much more she could take…she was wishing for a miracle to take her away from what she was feeling…but she knew that it was not going to happen….

Bayside Diner at night- Summer Bay

Background music- Diner jukebox

It's late in the evening, she's wondering what clothes to wear
She puts on her make-up and brushes her long blonde hair
And then she asks me, "Do I look all right?"
And I say, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight"

Bobby put the pasta on the two plates and the sauce on top of it and gave the plates to Lance who took them out to a customer. Bobby walked into the pantry and took out the broom and began to sweep the floor

“Hi” Bobby looked up to see Greg and Sam

“Hi, what are you two doing here” Bobby said and she kissed them both

“We were about to go and get a pizza and wanted to come and say hi” Greg said then he kissed Bobby again and smiled

We go to a party and everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady that's walking around with me
And then she asks me, "Do you feel all right?"
And I say, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight"

Morgan Residence- New York

Frank fixed his bow tie and put his tuxedo jacket on..shortly. If he had a choice, he ouldnt go but it was the Macklin Christmas party, so he had no choice, A few moments after, Roo came out of the bathroom wearing a red evening dress with her hair up and away from her face. Frank looked at her… she took his breath away, she was beautiful

“You look beautiful tonight” Frank said and Roo smiled

“Thank you..You look great too…let me just fix your bow tie” Roo said and they looked at each other and Roo leaned forward and kissed Frank and they both smiled

“We better get going” Frank said and Roo grabbed her coat and bag and they left the apartment...

I feel wonderful because I see
The love light in your eye

And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don't realize how much I love you

Barnett Residence- Summer Bay

Nick walked into the house and shut the door. He turned the light on and realized he was alone. Greg was probably with Bobby. Nick walked over to the kitchen and put his Chinese food on the counter, opened the fridge and took out some beer then he took a fork from the drawer and went into the living room. He turned on the tv and sat down and began to eat then he stopped when his eye caught sight of something on the couch. He pushed his hand down the side and pulled out a pink hairband..one that he knew belonged to Julie and he sighed…

It's time to go home now and I've got an aching head
So I give her the car keys and she helps me to bed
And then I tell her, as I turn out the light

Marriot Hotel- New York

Frank paid the taxi then he joined Roo as they walked into the hotel

“Frank…Roo..nice to see you both” Frank tried hard not to roll his eyes as Brett Macklin walked towards them

“Roo…you look amazing” Brett said as Roo leaned forward and he kissed her cheek

“Thanks, you look great as well” Roo said

“Thanks, can I get your coat?” Brett said

“Its alright, ill just check it in, I won’t be long” Roo said to Frank and she walked away. Jus as Frank was about to walk away Brett stood in front of him

“Bobby sends her regards” Brett said and frank looked at him as Brett smiled and Frank walked away as Brett’s smile disappeared as he watched him go…

I say, "My darling, you were wonderful tonight
Oh my darling, you were wonderful tonight"

Background music ends

Bobby poured the hot water into two cups as she heard Greg walking down the stairs.She picked up the two cups and walked into the dimply lit living room and put them on the table as She sat down and Greg sat next to her

“I cant believe Sam just went to sleep” Bobby said

“Its probably all the excitement for Christmas” Greg said

“Are you excited?” Greg said as he picked up his tea

“Yeah, I think its going to be a good one…do you mind us going to the caravan park?” Bobby said

“Of course not…I’ll go wherever you will be” Greg said and he leaned forward and kissed Bobby then they heard footsteps coming down the stairs

“Sorry,,to disturb” Marilyn said as she came downstairs

“Its alright” Bobby said as she watched Marilyn go into the kitchen. Bobby could see that Marilynw as upset so she got up and went into the kitchen

“Is everything alright?” Bobby said and Marilyn looked at her. She wanted to tell her everything that was going on

“Yes..of course..I just couldn’t sleep, I thought some hot milk might do the trick” Marilyn said as she poured some milk into a pot and let it warm up

“When are you leaving for your cousins place?” Bobby said

“On Thursday” Marilyn said

“What about Adam? What is he doing for Christmas?” Bobby said

“I don’t know…we haven’t discussed it” Marilyn said as she poured the milk into the cup and rinsed out the pot

“Anyway, I better get back to bed..night” Marilyn said then she walked up the stairs

“Is she alright?” Greg said

“Yeah, I think so” Bobby said as she sat down

“Hey”  Greg said and Bobby looked at him as he pulled mistletoe from out of his pocket and Bobby laughed as he dangled it above her head then leaned forward to kiss her…

Marriott Hotel- New York

Background music- Hotel DJ

Time can never mend
The careless whisper of a good friend
To the heart and mind
If your answer's kind
There's no comfort in the truth
Pain is all you'll find
I should have known better, yeah

Frank stood at the bar and sipped his beer as he looked around the room at the executives from his office enjoying themselves. They had been there for about two hours, but Frank already wanted to leave. He looked around the room and saw Terry and Brett laughing together and remembered this time last year being here helping Kate after Terry attacked her then he remembered that was the night that he met Sam…

Flashback

Sam- Frank, follow your dreams, and I hope they lead to your hearts desires..

Flashback ends

I feel so unsure
As I take your hand and lead you to the dance floor
As the music dies
Something in your eyes
Calls to mind a silver screen
And all its sad goodbyes

Frank looked around the room and noticed that Roo was talking to the team from her office who had planned the party. Frank smiled to himself, she was the most beautiful woman in the room. He looked at how much she had grown into a successful young woman, a vast difference from the girl he met and fell in love with in Summer Bay

I'm never gonna dance again
Guilty feet have got no rhythm
Though it's easy to pretend
I know you're not a fool
I should have known better than to cheat a friend
And waste a chance that I'd been given
So I'm never gonna dance again
The way I danced with you

Frank’s mind drifted as he remembered the first time he saw Roo, the first song he wrote for her, and the first time he told her he loved her. Frank sipped his beer as he remembered all those great times  and smiled to himself then he felt a tap on his shoulder and turned to see Roo standing next to him

“Frank let’s dance” Roo said and smiled. Frank smiled and sipped his beer then he put it on the bar and followed Roo to the dance floor

Time can never mend
The careless whisper of a good friend
To the heart and mind
If your answer's kind
There's no comfort in the truth
Pain is all you'll find

Roo put her arms around Franks neck and rested her head on his shoulder as they danced. She remembered the first time she met him when he knocked on her door looking for her dad. His family had just moved to Summer Bay, and Frank was looking for work. Roo also remembered the first song he wrote for her and the times she would sneak out of her house to be with him at night as she smiled to herself..those were wonderful times

I know you're not a fool
Never without your love What am I without your love?

As they danced, Frank could feel the distance building between them. The closeness that he thought they had was disappearing with each second of time that was passing, and Frank felt like he was dancing with a stranger…not the woman he left an old life to be with. As they danced Franks heart became heavy as all the memories both good and bad were constantly flashing in his mind…they couldn’t go on like this…he couldn’t go on like this

Tonight the music seems so loud
I wish that we could lose this crowd
Maybe it's better this way
We'd hurt each other with the things we want to say

Roo” Frank finally said. The three letter word he used to love to say was now so heavy to come out of his mouth, but then he was interrupted

“I know Frank…” Roo said and she looked at Frank. She could see the same thing in his eyes that she had in her heart “let’s just dance” Roo said and exhaled and put her head on Franks shoulder…she knew..they both knew it was the end….it had been for a long time but neither wanted to be the first to say that their dance was also ending…

We could have been so good together,
We could have lived this dance forever
But now, who's gonna dance with me?
Please stay

Frank exhaled as the music played and Roo had her head on his shoulder. In a split second things had changed, something they both knew..

“I want to go” Frank said

“Ill go and get my coat” Roo said and she stopped dancing

“No, you don’t have to go…you stay...besides, I need some time alone anyway” Frank said as Roo looked at him

“Alright then..I’ll see you at home” Roo said and Frank leaned forward and kissed her cheek as Roo closed her eyes unsure if she should feel guilty for feeling relieved. Frank smiled then he began walking to the exit of the hotel

I know you're not a fool

“Leaving already” Frank was just about to open the door to the exit when he turned around to see Brett walking towards him

“What’s it to you?” Frank said

“I thought you were having a good time…shame Bobby couldn’t come…I did ask her, but she had plans…I did tell you how we spent last new years on a private island” Brett said as Frank looked at him

“Just me and her…on a beautiful beach..with her beautiful body…we had a really good time” Brett said and looked at Frank and before Brett could say anything Frank punched him in the face as one of the hotel reception staff who saw the altercation gasped

Bret smiled as he touched his lip and looked at the blood on his fingers

“Go to hell” Frank said and he walked out of the hotel and sighed. He looked around and raised his hand to signal for a taxi…he had something to do before he went home…something he should’ve done a long time ago. Frank got into the taxi and gave the driver directions and sat in the back seat as he prepared for what was ahead of him…

Now that you're gone
Now that you're gone
Now that you're gone
What I did that was so wrong?
So wrong that you had to leave me alone?

Background music ends

Chapter 444

Marriott Hotel- New York

Brett looked at himself in the bathroom mirror then he spat some blood into the sink. He rinsed his mouth out and spat the water into the sink and turned the tap off. He wiped his face and for the most part, it wasn’t obvious that he was just punched in the face…but he was flying back to Australia tomorrow, so by the time his face began to swell, he would be on a plane. Brett smiled to himself as he remembered riling Frank up then his smile disappeared as his eyes darted to his mouth

“This is far from over Frank…you just made the biggest mistake of your life” Brett said with an angry look on his face…

Chelsea Piers- New York

Frank stood at the door anxiously then the security beckoned him over to where Mr James was standing

“Frank..good to see you” Mr James said and smiled

“I don’t have your money” Frank said as Mr James puffed on his cigar

“That is a shame Frank” Mr James said and he blew the smoke into the air

“I’ve come to play off my debt” Frank said and Mr James smiled at him and thought about it

“Frank, you already owe me $10,000…why would you think that this is a good idea?” Mr James said

“Because you know I’m good” Frank said as Mr James looked at him and smiled

“Well…yes…yes you are..alright then” Mr James said

“Anything I make above that is mine” Frank said and Mr James looked at him

“Fair enough” Mr James said then he looked at one of his security men and nodded

“Well, let us set a table up, and get started” Mr James said and smiled as Frank looked at him…

Background music- Carly’s theme

Carly slowly put her jacket on then her bag and put her keys in her pocket. She slowly opened the door and closed it behind her and slowly walked down the stairs and out of the flat. It was really early, she knew that because the sun was still rising. She walked at a slower pace because her rib was not fully healed and any time she over exerted herself she felt like she couldn’t breathe. Eventually after much difficulty, Carly ended up at the beach. She looked around; she was the only one there. She sat on the beach and took her shoes off. The warm sand felt comforting to her feet. Carly inhaled as deep as she could then she exhaled and looked at the still water. She remembered when she would leave for school early and come and watch Matt surf and the times she would come to the beach with her siblings..or the time she came here with Frank when he visited. Carly sighed then she opened her bag and took out the bottle of whiskey as the liquid ran down her throat she burst into tears. Her life was such a mess. A year ago, she thought she was happy because she had met Ben, and it felt like her first grown up relationship. She thought she was so happy and now she wasn’t. She had made such a mess of her life. She was married to a man who hit her…punched her..hurt her in ways she never thought possible…and she was scared.. scared of him..and she didn’t know what to do…

Background music ends

Chelsea Piers- New York

Background music- Have you ever been alone

Frank laid his cards on the table and the man opposite him swore then tossed his cards down. Frank knew this meant that he had won. James nodded to a beautiful woman standing by the bar and she walked over to Frank

“You are really good…can I get you a drink?” the woman said

“No..thanks” Frank said and the woman looked at James

“Do you mind if I sit here and watch?” The woman said

“Its up to you” Frank said and the woman pulled up a chair and sat next to Frank as another hand of cards was being dealt….

Roo closed the door and kicked her shoes off and took off her coat. She went into the bathroom and washed her makeup off and put on her nightshirt that was hanging behind the bathroom door. As she walked towards the bed, she stopped and picked up the wedding photo of her and Frank and walked over to the bed and sat down and stared at the photo

Flashback

Roo- Frank just go home to your wife

Frank- I don’t want her, I want you…come to the city with me, a fresh start just you and me

Roo- Frank, you’re just having a rough time…just go home and make up with your wife

Frank- I don’t love her anymore, I love you..and I know you love me…if you tell me you don’t love me…I wouldn’t believe it

Flashback ends

Flashback

Bobby- He is my husband

Roo- It’s not my fault

Bobby- I trusted you to be his friend…I trusted you…I’ll never forgive you for this

Flashback ends

Flashback

Bobby- I think you should go to the city…find Frank

Roo- Are you serious

Bobby- The way I see it, me and him were not good for each other..maybe being away from Summer Bay you guys can make it work..maybe one day I’ll find someone and we’ll all be happy

Flashback ends

Flashback

Roo- Can you believe we are getting married tomorrow

Frank- Yeah, its been a long time coming

Roo- This is the happiest I’ve ever been in my life..every good memory I’ve had in my life was with you

Frank- So why are you crying

Roo- These are happy tears..i love you so much Frank

Frank- I love you too

Flashback ends

Flashback

Frank- This house is really nice

Roo- Yeah it is, but we can’t afford it

Frank – I know, but I’m going to save up for it

Roo- I already know how I want to decorate it

Frank- Yeah, hopefully with lots of kids

Roo- When the time is right

Frank- Yeah, give me some time to get all the money we’ll need

Flashback ends

Flashback

Roo- I said it was an accident

Frank- No it wasn’t you are spiteful and selfish and you ruined these socks on purpose

Roo- Its only a pair of socks

Frank- Pippa gave me these socks

Roo- So? Ask her to make you another pair

Flashback ends

Flashback

Roo- So you’re being spiteful and didn’t wake me up

Frank- You stay out all night without tell me, and now you expect me to wake you up for work

Roo- You act so childish sometimes

Frank- Me childish? I’m not the one who acs like a spoilt brat anytime she doesn’t get her own way

Flashback ends

Flashback

Roo- Go on walk away and sulk like a child…sometimes I wonder why I came here with you

Flashback ends

Roo exhaled as all the good times and bad times came rushing to her mind. If she was honest with herself, she had been unhappy for a long time, but it was something she didn’t want to admit. She knew that things were changing with her and Frank, in a way she was trying to hold on that they would be ok because she was all that Frank had..they were each other’s only choice..and because she didn’t want the people in Summer Bay to have something to say…but they tried…they did try but it was just not meant to be.

Bobby opened her eyes and looked around. Her and Greg fell asleep on the couch. Bobby smiled. It was nice to wake up in his arms. She gently nudged Greg and eventually he opened his eyes

“Good morning” Bobby said

“Good morning” Greg said and he kissed her nose and Bobby smiled

“We must’ve fallen asleep” Bobby said in a whisper and Greg smiled

“Hmmm” Greg said and he hugged Bobby and she smiled

“I better get ready and get Sam up” Bobby said as she tried to get up

“No so fast” Greg said and pulled her back onto the couch and kissed nose and hugged her tight as Bobby smiled

Chelsea Piers- New York

Frank sat at the bar and drank his beer a short time later the woman who was sitting next to him earlier walked over to him

“Do you mind if I have a seat” the woman said

“Free country” Frank said and the woman sat down next to him and ordered a drink

“Maybe you can teach me how to play cards because you’re really good” the woman said

“Good job Frank…you paid off your debt…and you made an extra $5000 for yourself” Mr James said as he walked over to Frank at the bar and gave him $5000 in cash. Frank took the money and put it in his tuxedo pocket. Frank knew that he had probably made more but he wasn’t in the mood to argue

“How about a few more games?” Mr James said and Frank shook his head no and got up from his seat

“What about tomorrow?” Mr James said and Frank shook his head no

“You have the opportunity to make some serious money Frank…I’m giving you the opportunity” Mr James said

“No thanks” Frank said and he got up from the bar stool

“Well I’ll be here when you change your mind” Mr James said

“That alright..because I won’t” Frank said and smiled then he walked out of the bar. As he walked out into the Manhattan street the cold air hit his face like a slap, but he inhaled deeply and raised his hand to hail a taxi. After a few moments a taxi arrived and Frank gave the driver the address and got into the back and closed the door and smiled to himself..For the first time in a long time he was happy…because finally…he was going home…

Background music ends

Background music Greg And Bobby’s theme

“Was that Greg I heard sneaking out of here this morning?” Grant said as he walked into the kitchen. Bobby smiled

“We fell asleep on the couch” Bobby said

“Oh yeah?” Grant said and Bobby laughed

“Honestly we did” Bobby said

“I believe you…many wouldn’t” Grant said and winked

“Are you not putting gup a tree?’ Grant said

“That’s Greg’s department. He said it’s a family tradition to put up a tree two days before Christmas…its supposed to be a sign of goodluck or something..I don’t understand” Bobby said and shrugged his shoulders

“I definitely think this Christmas is going to be lucky for you…I’m very happy for you” Grant said

“Thanks…I’m really lucky that Greg came into my life..and I’m excited for the first time for our future” Bobby said and smiled as Marilyn walked into the kitchen

“Are you alright?” Bobby said

“Yeah, just a bit tired” Marilyn said

“Oh I better go and get Sam up..ill see you  later” Grant said and she walked to the stairs. Grant waited for her to go up the stairs and he looked at Marilyn

“You still thinking about Carly?” Grant said and Marilyn nodded

“I went to see her, and I told her I was going to tell Bobby and she threatened me..I just don’t know what to do…its affecting things with Adam…he thinks he has done something wrong, but I cant tell him the truth…I don’t know what to do” Marilyn said as tears formed in her eyes then Grant leaned forward and gave her a hug…

Frank opened the front door expecting Roo to be asleep but she sat up in bed when she heard Frank close the door

“You’re home” Roo said

“Yeah, sorry I didn’t mean to wake you” Frank said as he went into the bathroom, took off his tuxedo and put on an old t shirt and pyjamas bottoms. He turned the bathroom light off and made sure to put the money in his bag in the closet the he walked over to the bed and sat down…then it happened..for the first time in a long time Frank and Roo talked honestly about their feelings..expectations they had for a life together…that right now they were both unhappy, and had been for a long time...where they think things started going wrong.

They both admitted that they were in a place where they wanted different things in life and understood that being together they wouldn’t find it. Frank admitted to Roo that gambling was the reason that landed him in hospital, and put him in debt, and Roo admitted her feelings of guilt and jealousy that Pippa came to him. Frank expressed to Roo how unhappy he had been at work and Roo gasped and put her had over her mouth as Frank said he punched Brett in the mouth.

Frank told Roo that ultimately, he wasn’t happy in New York and wanted to go back to Australia. Roo agreed that maybe that was the right decision for him, but not for her because she wanted to continue to stay in New York and find her way…

Hours later..

Frank yawned then opened his eyes. He didn’t know how long he had been asleep for, but he knew that he and Roo were up talking for hours. Frank looked to his left to see Roo asleep on his and he smiled because he felt that a weight had been lifted from his chest. Before they fell asleep, Frank remembered them both saying that they would always be grateful for at least trying to make it work, and they would always have love for each other. Frank laid back and stared at the ceiling and smiled to himself..although he would always have love for Roo..there was only one woman who held half his heart…and he was finally going to follow his dreams and go home to her..

Background music ends…

Animal Shelter- Summer Bay

Emma carefully put the cat back into the cage. She loved being at the shelter and taking care of the animals

“You’re doing a great job” David said as he looked over Emma’s shoulder

“Thanks” Emma said and smiled. She also enjoyed the fact that she got to spend time with David. He was different than every other guy she knew…he knew a lot about life , and he was very easy to talk to.

“If you’re finished, are you ready to get out of here?” David said

“Yeah” Emma said and she went over to the sink and washed her hands and took off her apron then shortly after her and David left the shelter and began walking towards his car when they got inside David reclined the seat  and stretched and yawned. "I could just fall asleep right here” David said and closed his eyes as he thought about all the driving he had to do to get home, then before he knew it he felt lips pressing against his and he opened his eyes

“Emma” David said shocked

“I I I’m sorry” Emma said as she tried to get out of the car

“No wait..” David said

“No, I’ll just walk home” Emma said then she ran off embarrassed as David watched her go and sighed…

Two days later

Macklin Corporation- New York

“So I can get that flight…Alright…can I come and pay for the ticket today…excellent..my name is Frank Morgan…great, thanks” Frank said and he put the phone down. He couldn’t believe his luck. He had been searching for plane tickets and was told the earliest he would get a flight was in the new year, but luckily he just got a call back about a cancellation so he got the finally seat for a flight leaving on Thursday which meant he would be home for Christmas…and Bobby’s birthday. Frank smiled to himself he couldn’t wait to see her and give her her present. It was going to be a great Christmas…he could feel it…

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

“So how are things going?” Pippa said

“Good…just taking it one step at a time..I let him back in the bedroom” Ailsa said

“That’s a step in the right direction” Pippa said and her and Ailsa laughed

“So hopefully we will see you all at the caravan park on Saturday evening” Pippa said

“Yes, we will be there..after missing last Christmas” Ailsa said

“I’m glad that things are working out for you and Alf” Pippa said

“He’s talking about renewing vows” Ailsa said

“That will be wonderful” Pippa said and Ailsa smiled

“So a full house for you this year..with lots of new additions” Ailsa said

“Yes, we have Sam, Greg and Finlay will be spending the day with us” Pippa said

“No Carly and Ben?” Ailsa said

“Carly mentioned they will be going to Ben’s family in Perth” Pippa said

“Oh that’s a shame” Ailsa said

“I know…gradually they’re all leaving home and making their own traditions ..Frank.. Carly....I expect Bobby too soon” Pippa said and sighed

“Well you can start new traditions with Alex” Ailsa said and raised her eyebrows as Pippa smiled and shook her head…

Toilet flush

“Great points in the meeting Andy” Terry said as he walked into the toilet as Andy walked out of a stall

“Thanks” Andy said

“Give the notes to Frank” Terry said as he used the urinal

“Why? Shouldn’t I give them to the assistants?” Andy said confused

“No, that’s Frank’s job now” Terry said

“Does he know he’s being demoted?” Andy said

“He will get the message soon enough” Terry said and he washed his hands

“I heard that he hit Brett Macklin” Andy said

“He did, stupid idiot..Brett has entrusted me with the task of making his life a living hell” Terry said

“Sounds like fun” Andy said and laughed

“By the time I’ve finished he wont be able to get out of here fast enough” Terry said and laughed as he and Andy walked out of the toilet. When the toilet was quiet, Frank opened the stall and walked out. He washed his hands and looked at himself in the mirror and smiled…he was definitely going to have the last laugh then he walked out of the toilet and in the direction of Terry’s office….

Beach- Summer Bay

“I’m going to head back to the diner” Emma said and she began to walk away

“Is she alright?” Steve said as he and Sandra held hands

“I don’t know, she’s been really quiet lately” Sandra said

“Can you believe its Christmas in five days” Sandra said

“I know” Steve said

“You’re present is under the tree..Mrs Stewart said we’re coming over to your place after dinner..I can give it to you then” Sandra said

“Ok, yours is under our tree”Steve said and smiled

“I have another present for you as well” Sandra said and Steve stopped walking and looked at Sandra then he finally figured out what she meant

“Really?” Steve said and Sandra looked at him and nodded

“I love you” Sandra said

“I love you too” Steve said and they kissed then hugged

“This is going to be a really good Christmas” Emma said

“Yeah..I know” Steve said and they smiled at each other and began walking back to the diner…

“This is a surprise Frank” Jerry said

“Well its been something I’ve been thinking of for a while” Frank said

“Can I ask the reason why?” Jerry said

“My wife and I are splitting up..and I’m going back to Australia” Frank said

“You sure this has nothing to do with what happened between you and Brett Macklin?” Jerry said

“No” Frank said

“Well I’m really sorry to here that about your personal life, and I am sorry to see you go, You are one of the few who I expected to get to a senior level here” Jerry said

“I appreciate your confidence in me..I know I am supposed to give you two weeks notice, but I really wanted to leave today” Frank said

“wow…that’s really sudden….but if I’m honest I could tell that you had something troubling you..not saying the reasons you gave are not valid, but I get the impression that maybe if you had come and talked to me, I might’ve been able to convince you to stay” Jerry said

“Thanks…but it really is time for me to go home” Frank said as Jerry looked at him.

“Alright…Ill speak to accounting to have them issue you a check today, and you can pack up once that’s done” Jerry said

“Thanks” Frank said

“No, thank you and good luck” Jerry said and he stood up. Frank stood up and they shook hands. Frankw as about to walk out of the office when he saw Terry standing outside. He turned back around to Jerry

“Oh before I forget…I have to let you know something” Frank said and inwardly smiled to himself…

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Nick stared at the resort entrance for a while then he inhaled and exhaled and opened the doors and walked in. With every step he felt nervous until he eventually got to the reception desk

“Hi Julie” Julie looked up to see Nick which was a surprised

“Hi” Julie said and smiled

“How are you?” Nick said

“Fine, what about you? Julie said

“Yeah…good” Nick said

“Oh, you left your hairband at the house…I thought you might need it” Nick said and he took the hairband out of his pocket and gave it to Julie

“Thanks” Julie said and smiled

“Alright then…I better go..Merry Christmas” Nick said and he turned around to walk away

“Nick” Nick turned around

“If..you’re not doing anything….if you don’t have any plans..well…you are welcome to my house..if you want on Christmas day” Julie said

“Thanks..but I’m working” Nick said

“Oh…well merry Christmas” Julie said and Nick smiled and he walked away as Julie sighed

Frank found and empty box in the break room and walked back to his cubicle. He didn’t really have much to put in, just some old corporate magazines and some photos of his family. The last thing on his desk that he picked up was the photo of Roo. Frank looked at the photo then put it into the box and covered the top. He put his jacket on then put his bag cross body. As he fixed his bag he heard a noise then he looked up to see two police officers going into Terry’s office as he walked towards the elevator.

Frank watched as Terry protested as the police put handcuffs on him. Terry was annoyed and pleading as the police officers read him his rights then he looked up to see Frank standing by the door smirking because he had told Jerry about Terry raping Kate last year. Frank walked over to the elevator and pressed the button. A few moments later the doors open and he got inside. Frank pressed the ground button and the doors closed. As the elevator went down, Frank started thinking about how excited he was when he first arrived here, and all the hopes he had of making it to the top. Soon the elevator doors opened and Frank was walking out. He said goodnight to the night security and stopped and looked around then he inhaled, exhaled and walked out of the building for the last time…

Background music ends

Great chapter 

Carly finally figured out her life is a mess.

Emma running away from David

Frank returning to Australia for Bobby but is he really too late?
Update again soon :)

Edited by Kristen
  • Like 1

Chapter 445

Four days later

“What time is your flight?” Roo said as she sat next to Frank

“4pm, I’ll be leaving soon” Frank said as he drank the last coffee in the apartment he had lived in for the last two years with lots of hopes and dreams that never came to fruition.

“When are you meeting the estate agent?” Frank said

“In about an one hour, then I have to get back to work..for our Christmas party” Roo said

"I hope you get a place you like" Frank said 

"Thanks...I want to say something” Roo said and she turned herself to face Frank

“When I came to you in the city, you know Bobby gave me her blessing to come and find you… but I always felt her presence in our marriage.” Roo was interrupted “Roo” Frank said and sighed

“No, please let me finish” Roo said as Frank looked at her. “I’ve been thinking about it for the last few days, and If I am honest with myself there was always something you had with Bobby that you never had with me.. she made you happy in a way that I don’t think I ever could. What I am trying to say is that I know you’ve been unhappy, and  I want to see you happy...” Roo stopped talking and looked at Frank. He knew what she was trying to say...

Frank smiled “Thanks, I know things are going to work out brilliantly for you” Frank said then he looked at his watch at the same time as the taxi honked its horn

“I have to go, I don’t want to miss my flight…I think I have everything but if I’ve left anything, just put it in the trash” Frank said as he got up and walked over to the sink and rinsed the cup and put it on the side to dry.

Roo watched him as he put on his jacket and scarf.

“Take care of yourself” Frank said and Roo reached forward and hugged Frank. It felt the same as the night they danced... he felt like he was hugging a stranger. Roo felt that same. She would always have a place in her heart for Frank but not enough to stay married to him or love him like he deserved. Frank pulled away and put his guitar cross body and picked up his two suitcases. Roo opened the front door

“Still friends?” Roo said

“Still friends” Frank said and smiled

“See you later” Frank said

“Bye” Roo said and closed the door and rested behind it. She looked around the flat that she had lived in for two years. As she walked over to the window, she looked around remembered all the hopes and dreams that her and Frank both had. This was only supposed to be temporary until they got a bigger place. Roo opened the curtain slightly and watched as the taxi driver helped Frank put his suitcases and guitar case in the trunk. Roo watched as Frank got into the taxi and the taxi drove away. Roo closed the curtain and smiled and exhaled then opened the closet door, took out her coat and bag and left to start her new life…

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Steve looked at the letter he had just written to his Auntie. After giving it some thought, he had decided to stay in Summer Bay. He looked at the money his auntie sent him for Christmas and he felt guilty, but this was his home and things were going well with Sandra…there was no way he could leave. Steve put the letter in the envelope and put it into the draw to post later and walked out of his bedroom

Marina- Summer Bay

Marilyn knocked on the door and a short time after Adam opened the door

“Hi” Marilyn said

“Hi” Adam said

“I wanted to come by and bring you your Christmas present before I go” Marilyn said and she handed Adam a wrapped gift

“Thanks” Adam said then he opened a draw and took out a small box and gave it to Marilyn

“Thanks” Marilyn said. She knew that things were awkward between, and she knew it was her fault but she just couldn’t tell Adam about Carly and Ben. An awkward silence filled the air

“You better go, you don’t want to miss your flight” Adam said

“Yes, you’re right..Ill be back next week” Marilyn said

“Right” Adam said

“I’ll miss you” Marilyn said and Adam looked at her then she walked away and he sighed as he watched her walk away..

Knock on the door

“Bobby should I get the door?” Sam said and Bobby walked out of the kitchen

“Ok, but ask who is it” Bobby said and Sam walked over to the door

“Who is it” Sam said

“Bobby, its Grandpa Donald” Sam said and Bobby sighed

“Ok, open the door” Bobby said as she wiped her hands and walked out of the kitchen

“I wont be staying long..I just wanted to drop off presents for you and Sam” Donald said and he put the boxes under the tree

“Thanks” Bobby said and she walked back into the kitchen

Background music- Fisher family theme

“Bobby I’ve behaved very badly and I know that I keep apologizing and doing it again. I am ashamed of myself” Donald said

“Yes you have…you’ve said some really hurtful things when all I have ever asked is that you just let me live my life and make my own mistakes” Bobby said

“I know, but I’ve see how much you’ve been hurt, and I just don’t want to see that again” Donald said

“I don’t want that either…I cant predict what’s going to happen in the future, but I’m happy right now…with Sam and Greg” Bobby said

“If you are happy..i’ll accept that and be happy for you” Donald said and smiled

“Thanks” Bobby said and Donald leaned forward and gave her a hug

Background music ends

Manhattan- New York

Roo opened the backdoor of the apartment that led to the small balcony and the view took her breathe away. She stood outside for a few moments then she turned around and looked at the estate agent and nodded. This was the one..this was the apartment that she had seen in her dreams..this was the place where she was going to start her new life…and she couldn’t wait…

JFK Airport- New York

Frank thanked the assistant when she gave him the boarding pass. He watched as his two bags disappeared. For some reason he felt both nervous and excited. He adjusted his guitar and put his hand in his pocket and smiled as he felt the little box in his pocket…Bobby’s present. Frank exhaled as he felt butterflies in his stomach. It was going to be two days of travelling, but it was all going to be worth it when he saw her face…

“Please wait for me” Marilyn said and she got out of the taxi. She was going to see spend a few days with her cousin in Brisbane.  She walked the short distance to the front door and rang the bell. Marilyn looked around and noticed that Bens car was not around. She rang the bell again with no response then she sighed and got back into the taxi  and the taxi drove off. Carly watched the taxi drive off and closed the curtain. She went into the room and sat on the bed. She reached for her bag and pulled out the half full bottle of whiskey. She opened it and drank some. She was getting used to it burning the back of her throat so it didn’t hurt as much. She drank some more then she closed the bottle and closed her eyes because she was helpless, ashamed and had nowhere to go….

Sam helped Bobby hang the baubles on the tree. The tree was bigger than she expected but she had enough decorations for it. Greg put the presents under the tree and Bobby handed Sam the star. Greg picked him up and he placed the star at the top of the tree. Greg turned the tree lights on, and Bobby then turned all the house lights off. Sam clapped in excitement and Bobby smiled as Greg gently kissed the side of her head and smiled..

JFK Airport- New York

Frank looked at his ticket number and found his seat. He put his guitar in the overhead storage and sat down. He was still feeling very nervous. He once again placed his hand in his pockets and felt the little box and smiled to himself…

Cipriani Restaurant- New York

Roo checked herself out in the mirror. Her hair was in a high bun and her red lipstick complimented her face. She stepped back and looked at her knee length cocktail dress which was appropriate for the  evening. Roo checked herself out in the mirror again and walked to the bathroom door to rejoin the company Christmas party in the private room. When Roo walked back into the room some people were standing by the buffet table, some were seated and talking. Roo walked over to the bar and requested a white wine. She thanked the waiter when he gave it to her and she took a sip and as she did so, she could feel someone watching her from the corner of her eye. When she turned she saw Donavan standing next to Nancy. He winked at her and raised his beer bottle. Roo smiled at him and raised her glass…

“I think all the Christmas excitement knocked him out, I didn’t even get to finish the story” Bobby said and smiled as she walked down the stars. Greg was sitting on the couch with two glasses and a bottle of champagne. Bobby sat next to him

“What’s the champagne for?” Bobby said as Greg opened it and poured a glass for Bobby and a glass for himself

“I just wanted to celebrate” Greg said

“Celebrate what?” Bobby said

“Celebrate us” Greg said

“I don’t understand” Bobby said confused

“I know I’ve said this before but it must’ve been a miracle you and Sam coming into my life at the same time. I know that we haven’t known each other that long, but I can really see a future for us” Greg said

“What are you saying?” Bobby said

“I know its too soon to talk about marriage and stuff like that. but I just want you to know that I am committed to you. and when the time is right, I hope we can talk about getting married…I don’t have a ring, but this is just a small token of my commitment. I know it’s not Christmas and your birthday yet but I hope you will open it” Greg said and he gave Bobby a gift. Bobby put her glass down and opened the present.

“Oh Greg this is really nice” Bobby said as she looked at the watch it its case

“I know that you have everything, but I noticed you didn’t wear a watch, so I thought that I would get you one, and anytime you wear it and see the clock tick..that’s the ticking of my heart beat counting down the seconds until I see you because I love you” Greg said and Bobby smiled

“This is such a nice gift Greg…thank you” Bobby said and she leaned forward and kissed him.

“Let me put it on” Bobby said as she took the watch out of the case and put it on her wrist and smiled

“You make me so happy…and I hope I do the same for you” Greg said and Bobby smile and nodded

“Yes you do” Bobby said and Greg leaned forward and they kissed…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa looked out of the kitchen window and stared at the stars in the sky. There was one in particular that was the brightest. It sparkled right next to the full bright moon. Pippa felt a sense of peace as she stared at the star and smiled as Christmas carols played at a low volume in the background. The house was quiet because everyone was asleep. Pippa continued to star at the star as she remembered all the Christmases that had passed with Tom and all her children first when they were in the city, then in Summer Bay. Pippa walked over to the desk and looked at the photos of her children at different stages in their lives. She picked up the last family photo they took when Bobby came to live with them. Pippa smiled as she looked at each of her children, wishing that they would all be here, but she was glad that she got to spend some time with Frank even though she wished he was home.

Knock on the door

Pippa put the photo down and walked towards the door. She wasn’t expecting any visitors because it was really late

“Who is it?” Pippa said

“Good evening Philippa” Pippa smiled and with excitement she opened the door

“Alex…I wasn’t expecting you until tomorrow” Pippa said as Reverend Jones came into the house

“I know, but I thought I would get here early to avoid the traffic” Reverend Jones and smiled as Pippa gave him a hug

“Steve made up your van for you. He is really excited that you are sending Christmas with us, I think he wants to have a guy talk” Pippa said

“Oh, I see” Reverend Jones said and smiled

“Can I get you something to drink or eat, you must be hungry after that driving” Pippa said

“A cup of tea would be wonderful” Reverend Jones said as he stood by the kitchen and watched Pippa. He had to admit he was nervous being near here so he sat at the dining table. A few moments later, Pippa came out of the kitchen with a tray that had cups of tea and two scones

“Oh Philippa, you spoil me with these scones” Reverend Jones said

“I was actually going to make them tomorrow, but for some reason I got the feeling to make them tonight” Pippa said

“Well I’m glad you did” Reverend Jones said and smiled as he sipped some of his tea. His hand was shaking with nerves and as he put his cup down, he accidently knocked a spoon to the floor

“Oh, I am ever so sorry” Reverend Jones said and he bent down and picked up the spoon

“Let me get you another one” Pippa said

“No..no, its fine” Reverend Jones said and Pippa drank her tea. Reverend Jones looked at her then he inhaled and exhaled

“I have to be honest with you…I came here early under false pretenses” Reverend Jones said as Pippa looked at him confused

‘“Really? What’s the problem? Pippa said

Reverend Jones picked up his cup and because his hand was shaking, he spilled the tea on the table

“Oh, I am sorry” Reverend Jones said

“It’s alright” Pippa said and she got up and went to the kitchen, she returned shortly with a cloth and wiped the table

“You were saying something?” Pippa said

“Yes..what I’m trying to say is” Reverend Jones was interrupted

“Pippa, I can’t sleep…Hi Reverend Jones” Sally said as she walked into the living room

“Hello Sally” Reverend Jones said and smiled and Sally walked over to him and gave him a hug

“Ok, you go upstairs, and I’ll come up in a minute and read you a story” Pippa said

“Alright” Sally said and she walked upstairs

“It’s late, ill just get you the key to your van” Pippa said and smiled as Reverend Jones signed

Flight JG382- USA

Frank had been n the air for a few hours. He looked around and everyone else was asleep, but he was wide awake. He kept going over in his mind what he was going to say to Bobby when he saw her, how happy they would both be getting back together. Frank also thought about seeing Sally, Steve and Carly and how much he missed them. He smiled as he remembered Christopher and how close they were. Frank looked at his watch then he put his hand in his pocket and took out the small box. He held it up to his face and smiled. It was going to be a long journey but it was so worth it because he was going to be with the woman he loves..

“Night” Greg said and kissed Bobby on her lips then on her nose.

“Night” Bobby said and smiled then she closed the door and locked it. She turned the light off and walked up the stairs. She slowly opened Sam’s door to see him fast asleep. She pulled the door close and went to her room and closed the door. Bobby changed into her night clothes and got into bed. She took off the watch and put it on the bedside table then she picked up the bear that Alan gave her and hugged it tight as she stared at the ceiling. This time last year, she had lost Thomas and was in Perth. She remembered spending Christmas day in a hotel, and not really hungry because her heart was so broken. This year things were so different. She had the little family she always wanted. She had a sweet son, and a guy who loved her. Bobby never thought that it would ever happen…she never expected to ever feel this way…happy, and finally she was and this Christmas was going to be better than ever and she couldn’t wait…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Oh you didn’t have to wash those” Pippa said as Reverend Jones wiped his hands

“It’s the least I could do after that nice tea and scone” Reverend Jones said

“You’re welcome” Pippa said. As she walked around the kitchen Reverend Jones heart beat fast

“I guess I will retire for the night” Reverend Jones said

“I hope the van is ok for you” Pippa said as they walked outside

“Yes, its wonderful, ill be sure to thank Steven” Reverend Jones said and smiled

“The weather is really nice tonight” Pippa said

“Yes, it is..the moon and stars are beautiful” Reverend Jones

“Earlier, you were trying to tell me something” Pippa said and Reverend Jones silently sighed

“No, its alright” Reverend Jones

“Is there something wrong? Please tell me Alex” Pippa said and Reverend Jones sighed

“Well I wasn’t being totally honest with you” Reverend Jones said

“What about?” Pippa said

“I didn’t only come here early to beat the traffic…I came here early to say something” Reverend Jones said

“Say what?” Pippa said

“Something I’ve been meaning to say for a while..but at time, I felt it wasn’t the right time..I didn’t want to feel like I was being disrespectful or rushing you” Reverend Jones

“I don’t understand” Pippa said confused

“I thought that if I came early…and said what I wanted to say…it gave me time to get back home and not ruin your Christmas” Reverend Jones said

“What do you want to say?” Pippa said and Reverend Jones turned around and looked at her

“That I love you Philippa, I never stopped loving you…and I want to see what we can become, you and me” Reverend Jones said and exhaled. He felt relieved that the feelings he had been caring for almost two years were now out in the open

“I didn’t expect all this” Pippa said somewhat shocked and relieved and Reverend Jones sighed

“I understand…I should’ve thought this through before I said anything. I think its best if I leave” Reverend Jones

“No, you don’t have to go” Pippa said

“Yes I do, I don’t want to make things awkward for you..or embarrass myself even more” Reverend Jones

“No…you don’t have to go…because I don’t want you to go” Pippa said and Reverend Jones looked at her

“Are you sure” Reverend Jones said and Pippa nodded and Reverend Jones leaned forward and kissed her lips and Pippa put her arms around him and exhaled

As she hugged Alex, the guilty feeling she used to feel about Tom was no longer there, so she knew it was the right time

“Oh Philippa, I wasn’t sure if I was doing the right thing. I wanted to wait, but I prayed about it and got a sign that I needed to tell you how I feel” Reverend Jones whispered into Pippa’s ears

“I’m glad you did” Pippa said as Reverend Jones hugged her. She felt so safe and comfortable in his arms

“I want to do things properly” Reverend Jones said

“What do you mean?” Pippa said as she looked at him

“I want to ask permission from your children to court you…do you mind?” Reverend Jones said and Pippa said

“No..I don’t mind..…thank you for thinking about them” Pippa said and she hugged Reverend Jones again and he closed his eyes and kissed the top of Pippa’s head. This was new to him, he was excited and his heart was full of joy

“I better let you get some rest” Reverend Jones said and he kissed Pippa’s forehead. She loved how she felt and didn’t want to let him go

“Ok” Pippa said and Reverend Jones gently kissed her lips then he walked away. Pippa watched him walk away to his van. She exhaled and smiled to herself and stood outside for a few minutes  She wasn't expecting Alex to say all that to her, and if she was honest with herself, if he had said it sooner, she wouldn't have been ready, but now..feeling him close to her..she felt safe. Tom was always going to be in her heart, but Alex is who she had feelings for now.  Pippa stared at the stars and just like earlier, there was one star shining brightly next to the moon and Pippa smiled..

“Thank you Tom” Pippa said and smiled then she went inside the house and locked the door

Background music ends

Edited by Summer's Bay