Homecoming Part 5

Thanks for reading :)

Chapter 444

Marriott Hotel- New York

Brett looked at himself in the bathroom mirror then he spat some blood into the sink. He rinsed his mouth out and spat the water into the sink and turned the tap off. He wiped his face and for the most part, it wasn’t obvious that he was just punched in the face…but he was flying back to Australia tomorrow, so by the time his face began to swell, he would be on a plane. Brett smiled to himself as he remembered riling Frank up then his smile disappeared as his eyes darted to his mouth

“This is far from over Frank…you just made the biggest mistake of your life” Brett said with an angry look on his face…

Chelsea Piers- New York

Frank stood at the door anxiously then the security beckoned him over to where Mr James was standing

“Frank..good to see you” Mr James said and smiled

“I don’t have your money” Frank said as Mr James puffed on his cigar

“That is a shame Frank” Mr James said and he blew the smoke into the air

“I’ve come to play off my debt” Frank said and Mr James smiled at him and thought about it

“Frank, you already owe me $10,000…why would you think that this is a good idea?” Mr James said

“Because you know I’m good” Frank said as Mr James looked at him and smiled

“Well…yes…yes you are..alright then” Mr James said

“Anything I make above that is mine” Frank said and Mr James looked at him

“Fair enough” Mr James said then he looked at one of his security men and nodded

“Well, let us set a table up, and get started” Mr James said and smiled as Frank looked at him…

Lucini Residence- Summer Bay

Background music- Carly’s theme

Carly slowly put her jacket on then her bag and put her keys in her pocket. She slowly opened the door and closed it behind her and slowly walked down the stairs and out of the flat. It was really early, she knew that because the sun was still rising. She walked at a slower pace because her rib was not fully healed and any time she over exerted herself she felt like she couldn’t breathe. Eventually after much difficulty, Carly ended up at the beach. She looked around; she was the only one there. She sat on the beach and took her shoes off. The warm sand felt comforting to her feet. Carly inhaled as deep as she could then she exhaled and looked at the still water. She remembered when she would leave for school early and come and watch Matt surf and the times she would come to the beach with her siblings..or the time she came here with Frank when he visited. Carly sighed then she opened her bag and took out the bottle of whiskey as the liquid ran down her throat she burst into tears. Her life was such a mess. A year ago, she thought she was happy because she had met Ben, and it felt like her first grown up relationship. She thought she was so happy and now she wasn’t. She had made such a mess of her life. She was married to a man who hit her…punched her..hurt her in ways she never thought possible…and she was scared.. scared of him..and she didn’t know what to do…

Background music ends

Chelsea Piers- New York

Background music- Have you ever been alone

Frank laid his cards on the table and the man opposite him swore then tossed his cards down. Frank knew this meant that he had won. James nodded to a beautiful woman standing by the bar and she walked over to Frank

“You are really good…can I get you a drink?” the woman said

“No..thanks” Frank said and the woman looked at James

“Do you mind if I sit here and watch?” The woman said

“Its up to you” Frank said and the woman pulled up a chair and sat next to Frank as another hand of cards was being dealt….

Morgan Residence- New York

Roo closed the door and kicked her shoes off and took off her coat. She went into the bathroom and washed her makeup off and put on her nightshirt that was hanging behind the bathroom door. As she walked towards the bed, she stopped and picked up the wedding photo of her and Frank and walked over to the bed and sat down and stared at the photo

Flashback

Roo- Frank just go home to your wife

Frank- I don’t want her, I want you…come to the city with me, a fresh start just you and me

Roo- Frank, you’re just having a rough time…just go home and make up with your wife

Frank- I don’t love her anymore, I love you..and I know you love me…if you tell me you don’t love me…I wouldn’t believe it

Flashback ends

Flashback

Bobby- He is my husband

Roo- It’s not my fault

Bobby- I trusted you to be his friend…I trusted you…I’ll never forgive you for this

Flashback ends

Flashback

Bobby- I think you should go to the city…find Frank

Roo- Are you serious

Bobby- The way I see it, me and him were not good for each other..maybe being away from Summer Bay you guys can make it work..maybe one day I’ll find someone and we’ll all be happy

Flashback ends

Flashback

Roo- Can you believe we are getting married tomorrow

Frank- Yeah, its been a long time coming

Roo- This is the happiest I’ve ever been in my life..every good memory I’ve had in my life was with you

Frank- So why are you crying

Roo- These are happy tears..i love you so much Frank

Frank- I love you too

Flashback ends

Flashback

Frank- This house is really nice

Roo- Yeah it is, but we can’t afford it

Frank – I know, but I’m going to save up for it

Roo- I already know how I want to decorate it

Frank- Yeah, hopefully with lots of kids

Roo- When the time is right

Frank- Yeah, give me some time to get all the money we’ll need

Flashback ends

Flashback

Roo- I said it was an accident

Frank- No it wasn’t you are spiteful and selfish and you ruined these socks on purpose

Roo- Its only a pair of socks

Frank- Pippa gave me these socks

Roo- So? Ask her to make you another pair

Flashback ends

Flashback

Roo- So you’re being spiteful and didn’t wake me up

Frank- You stay out all night without tell me, and now you expect me to wake you up for work

Roo- You act so childish sometimes

Frank- Me childish? I’m not the one who acs like a spoilt brat anytime she doesn’t get her own way

Flashback ends

Flashback

Roo- Go on walk away and sulk like a child…sometimes I wonder why I came here with you

Flashback ends

Roo exhaled as all the good times and bad times came rushing to her mind. If she was honest with herself, she had been unhappy for a long time, but it was something she didn’t want to admit. She knew that things were changing with her and Frank, in a way she was trying to hold on that they would be ok because she was all that Frank had..they were each other’s only choice..and because she didn’t want the people in Summer Bay to have something to say…but they tried…they did try but it was just not meant to be.

Simpson Residence- Summer Bay

Bobby opened her eyes and looked around. Her and Greg fell asleep on the couch. Bobby smiled. It was nice to wake up in his arms. She gently nudged Greg and eventually he opened his eyes

“Good morning” Bobby said

“Good morning” Greg said and he kissed her nose and Bobby smiled

“We must’ve fallen asleep” Bobby said in a whisper and Greg smiled

“Hmmm” Greg said and he hugged Bobby and she smiled

“I better get ready and get Sam up” Bobby said as she tried to get up

“No so fast” Greg said and pulled her back onto the couch and kissed nose and hugged her tight as Bobby smiled

Chelsea Piers- New York

Frank sat at the bar and drank his beer a short time later the woman who was sitting next to him earlier walked over to him

“Do you mind if I have a seat” the woman said

“Free country” Frank said and the woman sat down next to him and ordered a drink

“Maybe you can teach me how to play cards because you’re really good” the woman said

“Good job Frank…you paid off your debt…and you made an extra $5000 for yourself” Mr James said as he walked over to Frank at the bar and gave him $5000 in cash. Frank took the money and put it in his tuxedo pocket. Frank knew that he had probably made more but he wasn’t in the mood to argue

“How about a few more games?” Mr James said and Frank shook his head no and got up from his seat

“What about tomorrow?” Mr James said and Frank shook his head no

“You have the opportunity to make some serious money Frank…I’m giving you the opportunity” Mr James said

“No thanks” Frank said and he got up from the bar stool

“Well I’ll be here when you change your mind” Mr James said

“That alright..because I won’t” Frank said and smiled then he walked out of the bar. As he walked out into the Manhattan street the cold air hit his face like a slap, but he inhaled deeply and raised his hand to hail a taxi. After a few moments a taxi arrived and Frank gave the driver the address and got into the back and closed the door and smiled to himself..For the first time in a long time he was happy…because finally…he was going home…

Background music ends

Background music Greg And Bobby’s theme

“Was that Greg I heard sneaking out of here this morning?” Grant said as he walked into the kitchen. Bobby smiled

“We fell asleep on the couch” Bobby said

“Oh yeah?” Grant said and Bobby laughed

“Honestly we did” Bobby said

“I believe you…many wouldn’t” Grant said and winked

“Are you not putting gup a tree?’ Grant said

“That’s Greg’s department. He said it’s a family tradition to put up a tree two days before Christmas…its supposed to be a sign of goodluck or something..I don’t understand” Bobby said and shrugged his shoulders

“I definitely think this Christmas is going to be lucky for you…I’m very happy for you” Grant said

“Thanks…I’m really lucky that Greg came into my life..and I’m excited for the first time for our future” Bobby said and smiled as Marilyn walked into the kitchen

“Are you alright?” Bobby said

“Yeah, just a bit tired” Marilyn said

“Oh I better go and get Sam up..ill see you  later” Grant said and she walked to the stairs. Grant waited for her to go up the stairs and he looked at Marilyn

“You still thinking about Carly?” Grant said and Marilyn nodded

“I went to see her, and I told her I was going to tell Bobby and she threatened me..I just don’t know what to do…its affecting things with Adam…he thinks he has done something wrong, but I cant tell him the truth…I don’t know what to do” Marilyn said as tears formed in her eyes then Grant leaned forward and gave her a hug…

Frank opened the front door expecting Roo to be asleep but she sat up in bed when she heard Frank close the door

“You’re home” Roo said

“Yeah, sorry I didn’t mean to wake you” Frank said as he went into the bathroom, took off his tuxedo and put on an old t shirt and pyjamas bottoms. He turned the bathroom light off and made sure to put the money in his bag in the closet the he walked over to the bed and sat down…then it happened..for the first time in a long time Frank and Roo talked honestly about their feelings..expectations they had for a life together…that right now they were both unhappy, and had been for a long time...where they think things started going wrong.

They both admitted that they were in a place where they wanted different things in life and understood that being together they wouldn’t find it. Frank admitted to Roo that gambling was the reason that landed him in hospital, and put him in debt, and Roo admitted her feelings of guilt and jealousy that Pippa came to him. Frank expressed to Roo how unhappy he had been at work and Roo gasped and put her had over her mouth as Frank said he punched Brett in the mouth.

Frank told Roo that ultimately, he wasn’t happy in New York and wanted to go back to Australia. Roo agreed that maybe that was the right decision for him, but not for her because she wanted to continue to stay in New York and find her way…

Hours later..

Frank yawned then opened his eyes. He didn’t know how long he had been asleep for, but he knew that he and Roo were up talking for hours. Frank looked to his left to see Roo asleep on his and he smiled because he felt that a weight had been lifted from his chest. Before they fell asleep, Frank remembered them both saying that they would always be grateful for at least trying to make it work, and they would always have love for each other. Frank laid back and stared at the ceiling and smiled to himself..although he would always have love for Roo..there was only one woman who held half his heart…and he was finally going to follow his dreams and go home to her..

Background music ends…

Animal Shelter- Summer Bay

Emma carefully put the cat back into the cage. She loved being at the shelter and taking care of the animals

“You’re doing a great job” David said as he looked over Emma’s shoulder

“Thanks” Emma said and smiled. She also enjoyed the fact that she got to spend time with David. He was different than every other guy she knew…he knew a lot about life , and he was very easy to talk to.

“If you’re finished, are you ready to get out of here?” David said

“Yeah” Emma said and she went over to the sink and washed her hands and took off her apron then shortly after her and David left the shelter and began walking towards his car when they got inside David reclined the seat  and stretched and yawned. "I could just fall asleep right here” David said and closed his eyes as he thought about all the driving he had to do to get home, then before he knew it he felt lips pressing against his and he opened his eyes

“Emma” David said shocked

“I I I’m sorry” Emma said as she tried to get out of the car

“No wait..” David said

“No, I’ll just walk home” Emma said then she ran off embarrassed as David watched her go and sighed…

Two days later

Macklin Corporation- New York

“So I can get that flight…Alright…can I come and pay for the ticket today…excellent..my name is Frank Morgan…great, thanks” Frank said and he put the phone down. He couldn’t believe his luck. He had been searching for plane tickets and was told the earliest he would get a flight was in the new year, but luckily he just got a call back about a cancellation so he got the finally seat for a flight leaving on Thursday which meant he would be home for Christmas…and Bobby’s birthday. Frank smiled to himself he couldn’t wait to see her and give her her present. It was going to be a great Christmas…he could feel it…

Bayside Diner- Summer Bay

“So how are things going?” Pippa said

“Good…just taking it one step at a time..I let him back in the bedroom” Ailsa said

“That’s a step in the right direction” Pippa said and her and Ailsa laughed

“So hopefully we will see you all at the caravan park on Saturday evening” Pippa said

“Yes, we will be there..after missing last Christmas” Ailsa said

“I’m glad that things are working out for you and Alf” Pippa said

“He’s talking about renewing vows” Ailsa said

“That will be wonderful” Pippa said and Ailsa smiled

“So a full house for you this year..with lots of new additions” Ailsa said

“Yes, we have Sam, Greg and Finlay will be spending the day with us” Pippa said

“No Carly and Ben?” Ailsa said

“Carly mentioned they will be going to Ben’s family in Perth” Pippa said

“Oh that’s a shame” Ailsa said

“I know…gradually they’re all leaving home and making their own traditions ..Frank.. Carly....I expect Bobby too soon” Pippa said and sighed

“Well you can start new traditions with Alex” Ailsa said and raised her eyebrows as Pippa smiled and shook her head…

Toilet flush

“Great points in the meeting Andy” Terry said as he walked into the toilet as Andy walked out of a stall

“Thanks” Andy said

“Give the notes to Frank” Terry said as he used the urinal

“Why? Shouldn’t I give them to the assistants?” Andy said confused

“No, that’s Frank’s job now” Terry said

“Does he know he’s being demoted?” Andy said

“He will get the message soon enough” Terry said and he washed his hands

“I heard that he hit Brett Macklin” Andy said

“He did, stupid idiot..Brett has entrusted me with the task of making his life a living hell” Terry said

“Sounds like fun” Andy said and laughed

“By the time I’ve finished he wont be able to get out of here fast enough” Terry said and laughed as he and Andy walked out of the toilet. When the toilet was quiet, Frank opened the stall and walked out. He washed his hands and looked at himself in the mirror and smiled…he was definitely going to have the last laugh then he walked out of the toilet and in the direction of Terry’s office….

Beach- Summer Bay

“I’m going to head back to the diner” Emma said and she began to walk away

“Is she alright?” Steve said as he and Sandra held hands

“I don’t know, she’s been really quiet lately” Sandra said

“Can you believe its Christmas in five days” Sandra said

“I know” Steve said

“You’re present is under the tree..Mrs Stewart said we’re coming over to your place after dinner..I can give it to you then” Sandra said

“Ok, yours is under our tree”Steve said and smiled

“I have another present for you as well” Sandra said and Steve stopped walking and looked at Sandra then he finally figured out what she meant

“Really?” Steve said and Sandra looked at him and nodded

“I love you” Sandra said

“I love you too” Steve said and they kissed then hugged

“This is going to be a really good Christmas” Emma said

“Yeah..I know” Steve said and they smiled at each other and began walking back to the diner…

“This is a surprise Frank” Jerry said

“Well its been something I’ve been thinking of for a while” Frank said

“Can I ask the reason why?” Jerry said

“My wife and I are splitting up..and I’m going back to Australia” Frank said

“You sure this has nothing to do with what happened between you and Brett Macklin?” Jerry said

“No” Frank said

“Well I’m really sorry to here that about your personal life, and I am sorry to see you go, You are one of the few who I expected to get to a senior level here” Jerry said

“I appreciate your confidence in me..I know I am supposed to give you two weeks notice, but I really wanted to leave today” Frank said

“wow…that’s really sudden….but if I’m honest I could tell that you had something troubling you..not saying the reasons you gave are not valid, but I get the impression that maybe if you had come and talked to me, I might’ve been able to convince you to stay” Jerry said

“Thanks…but it really is time for me to go home” Frank said as Jerry looked at him.

“Alright…Ill speak to accounting to have them issue you a check today, and you can pack up once that’s done” Jerry said

“Thanks” Frank said

“No, thank you and good luck” Jerry said and he stood up. Frank stood up and they shook hands. Frankw as about to walk out of the office when he saw Terry standing outside. He turned back around to Jerry

“Oh before I forget…I have to let you know something” Frank said and inwardly smiled to himself…

Sands Resort- Summer Bay

Nick stared at the resort entrance for a while then he inhaled and exhaled and opened the doors and walked in. With every step he felt nervous until he eventually got to the reception desk

“Hi Julie” Julie looked up to see Nick which was a surprised

“Hi” Julie said and smiled

“How are you?” Nick said

“Fine, what about you? Julie said

“Yeah…good” Nick said

“Oh, you left your hairband at the house…I thought you might need it” Nick said and he took the hairband out of his pocket and gave it to Julie

“Thanks” Julie said and smiled

“Alright then…I better go..Merry Christmas” Nick said and he turned around to walk away

“Nick” Nick turned around

“If..you’re not doing anything….if you don’t have any plans..well…you are welcome to my house..if you want on Christmas day” Julie said

“Thanks..but I’m working” Nick said

“Oh…well merry Christmas” Julie said and Nick smiled and he walked away as Julie sighed

Frank found and empty box in the break room and walked back to his cubicle. He didn’t really have much to put in, just some old corporate magazines and some photos of his family. The last thing on his desk that he picked up was the photo of Roo. Frank looked at the photo then put it into the box and covered the top. He put his jacket on then put his bag cross body. As he fixed his bag he heard a noise then he looked up to see two police officers going into Terry’s office as he walked towards the elevator.

Frank watched as Terry protested as the police put handcuffs on him. Terry was annoyed and pleading as the police officers read him his rights then he looked up to see Frank standing by the door smirking because he had told Jerry about Terry raping Kate last year. Frank walked over to the elevator and pressed the button. A few moments later the doors open and he got inside. Frank pressed the ground button and the doors closed. As the elevator went down, Frank started thinking about how excited he was when he first arrived here, and all the hopes he had of making it to the top. Soon the elevator doors opened and Frank was walking out. He said goodnight to the night security and stopped and looked around then he inhaled, exhaled and walked out of the building for the last time…

Background music ends

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 445

Four days later

“What time is your flight?” Roo said as she sat next to Frank

“4pm, I’ll be leaving soon” Frank said as he drank the last coffee in the apartment he had lived in for the last two years with lots of hopes and dreams that never came to fruition.

“When are you meeting the estate agent?” Frank said

“In about an one hour, then I have to get back to work..for our Christmas party” Roo said

"I hope you get a place you like" Frank said 

"Thanks...I want to say something” Roo said and she turned herself to face Frank

“When I came to you in the city, you know Bobby gave me her blessing to come and find you… but I always felt her presence in our marriage.” Roo was interrupted “Roo” Frank said and sighed

“No, please let me finish” Roo said as Frank looked at her. “I’ve been thinking about it for the last few days, and If I am honest with myself there was always something you had with Bobby that you never had with me.. she made you happy in a way that I don’t think I ever could. What I am trying to say is that I know you’ve been unhappy, and  I want to see you happy...” Roo stopped talking and looked at Frank. He knew what she was trying to say...

Frank smiled “Thanks, I know things are going to work out brilliantly for you” Frank said then he looked at his watch at the same time as the taxi honked its horn

“I have to go, I don’t want to miss my flight…I think I have everything but if I’ve left anything, just put it in the trash” Frank said as he got up and walked over to the sink and rinsed the cup and put it on the side to dry.

Roo watched him as he put on his jacket and scarf.

“Take care of yourself” Frank said and Roo reached forward and hugged Frank. It felt the same as the night they danced... he felt like he was hugging a stranger. Roo felt that same. She would always have a place in her heart for Frank but not enough to stay married to him or love him like he deserved. Frank pulled away and put his guitar cross body and picked up his two suitcases. Roo opened the front door

“Still friends?” Roo said

“Still friends” Frank said and smiled

“See you later” Frank said

“Bye” Roo said and closed the door and rested behind it. She looked around the flat that she had lived in for two years. As she walked over to the window, she looked around remembered all the hopes and dreams that her and Frank both had. This was only supposed to be temporary until they got a bigger place. Roo opened the curtain slightly and watched as the taxi driver helped Frank put his suitcases and guitar case in the trunk. Roo watched as Frank got into the taxi and the taxi drove away. Roo closed the curtain and smiled and exhaled then opened the closet door, took out her coat and bag and left to start her new life…

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Steve looked at the letter he had just written to his Auntie. After giving it some thought, he had decided to stay in Summer Bay. He looked at the money his auntie sent him for Christmas and he felt guilty, but this was his home and things were going well with Sandra…there was no way he could leave. Steve put the letter in the envelope and put it into the draw to post later and walked out of his bedroom

Marina- Summer Bay

Marilyn knocked on the door and a short time after Adam opened the door

“Hi” Marilyn said

“Hi” Adam said

“I wanted to come by and bring you your Christmas present before I go” Marilyn said and she handed Adam a wrapped gift

“Thanks” Adam said then he opened a draw and took out a small box and gave it to Marilyn

“Thanks” Marilyn said. She knew that things were awkward between, and she knew it was her fault but she just couldn’t tell Adam about Carly and Ben. An awkward silence filled the air

“You better go, you don’t want to miss your flight” Adam said

“Yes, you’re right..Ill be back next week” Marilyn said

“Right” Adam said

“I’ll miss you” Marilyn said and Adam looked at her then she walked away and he sighed as he watched her walk away..

Knock on the door

“Bobby should I get the door?” Sam said and Bobby walked out of the kitchen

“Ok, but ask who is it” Bobby said and Sam walked over to the door

“Who is it” Sam said

“Bobby, its Grandpa Donald” Sam said and Bobby sighed

“Ok, open the door” Bobby said as she wiped her hands and walked out of the kitchen

“I wont be staying long..I just wanted to drop off presents for you and Sam” Donald said and he put the boxes under the tree

“Thanks” Bobby said and she walked back into the kitchen

Background music- Fisher family theme

“Bobby I’ve behaved very badly and I know that I keep apologizing and doing it again. I am ashamed of myself” Donald said

“Yes you have…you’ve said some really hurtful things when all I have ever asked is that you just let me live my life and make my own mistakes” Bobby said

“I know, but I’ve see how much you’ve been hurt, and I just don’t want to see that again” Donald said

“I don’t want that either…I cant predict what’s going to happen in the future, but I’m happy right now…with Sam and Greg” Bobby said

“If you are happy..i’ll accept that and be happy for you” Donald said and smiled

“Thanks” Bobby said and Donald leaned forward and gave her a hug

Background music ends

Manhattan- New York

Roo opened the backdoor of the apartment that led to the small balcony and the view took her breathe away. She stood outside for a few moments then she turned around and looked at the estate agent and nodded. This was the one..this was the apartment that she had seen in her dreams..this was the place where she was going to start her new life…and she couldn’t wait…

JFK Airport- New York

Frank thanked the assistant when she gave him the boarding pass. He watched as his two bags disappeared. For some reason he felt both nervous and excited. He adjusted his guitar and put his hand in his pocket and smiled as he felt the little box in his pocket…Bobby’s present. Frank exhaled as he felt butterflies in his stomach. It was going to be two days of travelling, but it was all going to be worth it when he saw her face…

“Please wait for me” Marilyn said and she got out of the taxi. She was going to see spend a few days with her cousin in Brisbane.  She walked the short distance to the front door and rang the bell. Marilyn looked around and noticed that Bens car was not around. She rang the bell again with no response then she sighed and got back into the taxi  and the taxi drove off. Carly watched the taxi drive off and closed the curtain. She went into the room and sat on the bed. She reached for her bag and pulled out the half full bottle of whiskey. She opened it and drank some. She was getting used to it burning the back of her throat so it didn’t hurt as much. She drank some more then she closed the bottle and closed her eyes because she was helpless, ashamed and had nowhere to go….

Sam helped Bobby hang the baubles on the tree. The tree was bigger than she expected but she had enough decorations for it. Greg put the presents under the tree and Bobby handed Sam the star. Greg picked him up and he placed the star at the top of the tree. Greg turned the tree lights on, and Bobby then turned all the house lights off. Sam clapped in excitement and Bobby smiled as Greg gently kissed the side of her head and smiled..

JFK Airport- New York

Frank looked at his ticket number and found his seat. He put his guitar in the overhead storage and sat down. He was still feeling very nervous. He once again placed his hand in his pockets and felt the little box and smiled to himself…

Cipriani Restaurant- New York

Roo checked herself out in the mirror. Her hair was in a high bun and her red lipstick complimented her face. She stepped back and looked at her knee length cocktail dress which was appropriate for the  evening. Roo checked herself out in the mirror again and walked to the bathroom door to rejoin the company Christmas party in the private room. When Roo walked back into the room some people were standing by the buffet table, some were seated and talking. Roo walked over to the bar and requested a white wine. She thanked the waiter when he gave it to her and she took a sip and as she did so, she could feel someone watching her from the corner of her eye. When she turned she saw Donavan standing next to Nancy. He winked at her and raised his beer bottle. Roo smiled at him and raised her glass…

“I think all the Christmas excitement knocked him out, I didn’t even get to finish the story” Bobby said and smiled as she walked down the stars. Greg was sitting on the couch with two glasses and a bottle of champagne. Bobby sat next to him

“What’s the champagne for?” Bobby said as Greg opened it and poured a glass for Bobby and a glass for himself

“I just wanted to celebrate” Greg said

“Celebrate what?” Bobby said

“Celebrate us” Greg said

“I don’t understand” Bobby said confused

“I know I’ve said this before but it must’ve been a miracle you and Sam coming into my life at the same time. I know that we haven’t known each other that long, but I can really see a future for us” Greg said

“What are you saying?” Bobby said

“I know its too soon to talk about marriage and stuff like that. but I just want you to know that I am committed to you. and when the time is right, I hope we can talk about getting married…I don’t have a ring, but this is just a small token of my commitment. I know it’s not Christmas and your birthday yet but I hope you will open it” Greg said and he gave Bobby a gift. Bobby put her glass down and opened the present.

“Oh Greg this is really nice” Bobby said as she looked at the watch it its case

“I know that you have everything, but I noticed you didn’t wear a watch, so I thought that I would get you one, and anytime you wear it and see the clock tick..that’s the ticking of my heart beat counting down the seconds until I see you because I love you” Greg said and Bobby smiled

“This is such a nice gift Greg…thank you” Bobby said and she leaned forward and kissed him.

“Let me put it on” Bobby said as she took the watch out of the case and put it on her wrist and smiled

“You make me so happy…and I hope I do the same for you” Greg said and Bobby smile and nodded

“Yes you do” Bobby said and Greg leaned forward and they kissed…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa looked out of the kitchen window and stared at the stars in the sky. There was one in particular that was the brightest. It sparkled right next to the full bright moon. Pippa felt a sense of peace as she stared at the star and smiled as Christmas carols played at a low volume in the background. The house was quiet because everyone was asleep. Pippa continued to star at the star as she remembered all the Christmases that had passed with Tom and all her children first when they were in the city, then in Summer Bay. Pippa walked over to the desk and looked at the photos of her children at different stages in their lives. She picked up the last family photo they took when Bobby came to live with them. Pippa smiled as she looked at each of her children, wishing that they would all be here, but she was glad that she got to spend some time with Frank even though she wished he was home.

Knock on the door

Pippa put the photo down and walked towards the door. She wasn’t expecting any visitors because it was really late

“Who is it?” Pippa said

“Good evening Philippa” Pippa smiled and with excitement she opened the door

“Alex…I wasn’t expecting you until tomorrow” Pippa said as Reverend Jones came into the house

“I know, but I thought I would get here early to avoid the traffic” Reverend Jones and smiled as Pippa gave him a hug

“Steve made up your van for you. He is really excited that you are sending Christmas with us, I think he wants to have a guy talk” Pippa said

“Oh, I see” Reverend Jones said and smiled

“Can I get you something to drink or eat, you must be hungry after that driving” Pippa said

“A cup of tea would be wonderful” Reverend Jones said as he stood by the kitchen and watched Pippa. He had to admit he was nervous being near here so he sat at the dining table. A few moments later, Pippa came out of the kitchen with a tray that had cups of tea and two scones

“Oh Philippa, you spoil me with these scones” Reverend Jones said

“I was actually going to make them tomorrow, but for some reason I got the feeling to make them tonight” Pippa said

“Well I’m glad you did” Reverend Jones said and smiled as he sipped some of his tea. His hand was shaking with nerves and as he put his cup down, he accidently knocked a spoon to the floor

“Oh, I am ever so sorry” Reverend Jones said and he bent down and picked up the spoon

“Let me get you another one” Pippa said

“No..no, its fine” Reverend Jones said and Pippa drank her tea. Reverend Jones looked at her then he inhaled and exhaled

“I have to be honest with you…I came here early under false pretenses” Reverend Jones said as Pippa looked at him confused

‘“Really? What’s the problem? Pippa said

Reverend Jones picked up his cup and because his hand was shaking, he spilled the tea on the table

“Oh, I am sorry” Reverend Jones said

“It’s alright” Pippa said and she got up and went to the kitchen, she returned shortly with a cloth and wiped the table

“You were saying something?” Pippa said

“Yes..what I’m trying to say is” Reverend Jones was interrupted

“Pippa, I can’t sleep…Hi Reverend Jones” Sally said as she walked into the living room

“Hello Sally” Reverend Jones said and smiled and Sally walked over to him and gave him a hug

“Ok, you go upstairs, and I’ll come up in a minute and read you a story” Pippa said

“Alright” Sally said and she walked upstairs

“It’s late, ill just get you the key to your van” Pippa said and smiled as Reverend Jones signed

Flight JG382- USA

Frank had been n the air for a few hours. He looked around and everyone else was asleep, but he was wide awake. He kept going over in his mind what he was going to say to Bobby when he saw her, how happy they would both be getting back together. Frank also thought about seeing Sally, Steve and Carly and how much he missed them. He smiled as he remembered Christopher and how close they were. Frank looked at his watch then he put his hand in his pocket and took out the small box. He held it up to his face and smiled. It was going to be a long journey but it was so worth it because he was going to be with the woman he loves..

“Night” Greg said and kissed Bobby on her lips then on her nose.

“Night” Bobby said and smiled then she closed the door and locked it. She turned the light off and walked up the stairs. She slowly opened Sam’s door to see him fast asleep. She pulled the door close and went to her room and closed the door. Bobby changed into her night clothes and got into bed. She took off the watch and put it on the bedside table then she picked up the bear that Alan gave her and hugged it tight as she stared at the ceiling. This time last year, she had lost Thomas and was in Perth. She remembered spending Christmas day in a hotel, and not really hungry because her heart was so broken. This year things were so different. She had the little family she always wanted. She had a sweet son, and a guy who loved her. Bobby never thought that it would ever happen…she never expected to ever feel this way…happy, and finally she was and this Christmas was going to be better than ever and she couldn’t wait…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Oh you didn’t have to wash those” Pippa said as Reverend Jones wiped his hands

“It’s the least I could do after that nice tea and scone” Reverend Jones said

“You’re welcome” Pippa said. As she walked around the kitchen Reverend Jones heart beat fast

“I guess I will retire for the night” Reverend Jones said

“I hope the van is ok for you” Pippa said as they walked outside

“Yes, its wonderful, ill be sure to thank Steven” Reverend Jones said and smiled

“The weather is really nice tonight” Pippa said

“Yes, it is..the moon and stars are beautiful” Reverend Jones

“Earlier, you were trying to tell me something” Pippa said and Reverend Jones silently sighed

“No, its alright” Reverend Jones

“Is there something wrong? Please tell me Alex” Pippa said and Reverend Jones sighed

“Well I wasn’t being totally honest with you” Reverend Jones said

“What about?” Pippa said

“I didn’t only come here early to beat the traffic…I came here early to say something” Reverend Jones said

“Say what?” Pippa said

“Something I’ve been meaning to say for a while..but at time, I felt it wasn’t the right time..I didn’t want to feel like I was being disrespectful or rushing you” Reverend Jones

“I don’t understand” Pippa said confused

“I thought that if I came early…and said what I wanted to say…it gave me time to get back home and not ruin your Christmas” Reverend Jones said

“What do you want to say?” Pippa said and Reverend Jones turned around and looked at her

“That I love you Philippa, I never stopped loving you…and I want to see what we can become, you and me” Reverend Jones said and exhaled. He felt relieved that the feelings he had been caring for almost two years were now out in the open

“I didn’t expect all this” Pippa said somewhat shocked and relieved and Reverend Jones sighed

“I understand…I should’ve thought this through before I said anything. I think its best if I leave” Reverend Jones

“No, you don’t have to go” Pippa said

“Yes I do, I don’t want to make things awkward for you..or embarrass myself even more” Reverend Jones

“No…you don’t have to go…because I don’t want you to go” Pippa said and Reverend Jones looked at her

“Are you sure” Reverend Jones said and Pippa nodded and Reverend Jones leaned forward and kissed her lips and Pippa put her arms around him and exhaled

As she hugged Alex, the guilty feeling she used to feel about Tom was no longer there, so she knew it was the right time

“Oh Philippa, I wasn’t sure if I was doing the right thing. I wanted to wait, but I prayed about it and got a sign that I needed to tell you how I feel” Reverend Jones whispered into Pippa’s ears

“I’m glad you did” Pippa said as Reverend Jones hugged her. She felt so safe and comfortable in his arms

“I want to do things properly” Reverend Jones said

“What do you mean?” Pippa said as she looked at him

“I want to ask permission from your children to court you…do you mind?” Reverend Jones said and Pippa said

“No..I don’t mind..…thank you for thinking about them” Pippa said and she hugged Reverend Jones again and he closed his eyes and kissed the top of Pippa’s head. This was new to him, he was excited and his heart was full of joy

“I better let you get some rest” Reverend Jones said and he kissed Pippa’s forehead. She loved how she felt and didn’t want to let him go

“Ok” Pippa said and Reverend Jones gently kissed her lips then he walked away. Pippa watched him walk away to his van. She exhaled and smiled to herself and stood outside for a few minutes  She wasn't expecting Alex to say all that to her, and if she was honest with herself, if he had said it sooner, she wouldn't have been ready, but now..feeling him close to her..she felt safe. Tom was always going to be in her heart, but Alex is who she had feelings for now.  Pippa stared at the stars and just like earlier, there was one star shining brightly next to the moon and Pippa smiled..

“Thank you Tom” Pippa said and smiled then she went inside the house and locked the door

Background music ends

Chapter 446

Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Background music- Stewart family theme

Emma couldn’t sleep. She raised her head up and noticed that Sandra was fast asleep. She sighed and stared at the ceiling thinking about what happened with David. She couldn’t believe she had the guts to kiss him and make a big fool out of herself. She sighed as she dreaded going back to school and seeing David…

Croft Residence- Kempsey Australia

David turned to his side and opened his eyes. It was nice being home, he got to see old friends, and see his mum cooking for Christmas but he couldn’t get out of his mind what happened with Emma. He felt guilty because maybe the interest he took in her gave her the wrong impression….anyway, he couldn’t worry about it now….hopefully when he got back, it would be forgotten..and things would be back to normal…

Lucini Residence Summer Bay

“Ok mama….I love you too…..Bye” Ben said and sighed then he put the phone down and walked into the room and sat on the bed

“Is everything alright with your mum? Carly said

“Yeah, my sister just had a baby so my parents are going to her house in Adelaide” Ben said

“So we cant go to Perth then? Carly said with a bit of excitement in her voice as she sat up

“No, besides it was too late to book any tickets anyway..looks like we will be spending Christmas with your dropkick family” Ben said and got into bed and covered himself. Carly lay back in the bed and exhaled. For once something good happened…..

Cipriani Restaurant- New York

“Have you seen Donavan?” Nancy said to a colleague over the loud music playing in the private banquet room. Her colleague shook her head no and continued dancing in the small space. Nancy looked around the room. It was strange that Donavan said he was going to make a call and 30 minutes later he had not returned. Nancy looked at her watch again and walked out of the banquet room. She walked outside and looked around and couldn’t see him. She walked back into the restaurant and when no one was looking she peaked into the men’s toilet. “That’s strange” Nancy said then she began to walk back to the banquet room. As she walked she thought she heard a noise coming from a room. She tried to open the door but it was locked

“Can I help you?” Nancy turned around to see one of the restaurant employees

“Oh I was just looking for my fiancé” Nancy said

“I’m sorry Ma’am, that is our managers office, and he is not here today” the employee said

“Oh right..sorry…he said he was going to make a phone call, I assume he was looking for somewhere private to make that call…excuse me” Nancy said and smiled as her and the employee walked away

Donavan and Roo both stared at the door handle moving then soon they heard the voices talking outside go away. Roo turned and looked at Donavan and he smiled and kissed her passionately as she moved on his lap as and he explored a place he knew so well…

Background music ends                               

Next day

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa smiled as she watched Christopher sitting on Reverend Jones lap and have his breakfast. Reverend Jones looked up at Pippa and smiled. Pippa felt like a teenager hiding a secret boyfriend, but unfortunately that is how it was going to be until Reverend Jones asked permission from the children to be with Pippa. Him wanting to do that made her love him even more.

“I got to go, I’m running late” Steve said as he rushed into the living room

“Where are you going?” Pippa said

“I’m helping Bobby with her catering job this morning” Steve said

“Are you not going to have any breakfast?” Pippa said

“I’ll eat some left overs” Steve said and Reverend Jones laughed

“Alright then, see you later” Pippa said

“Bye, bye Reverend Jones” Steve said and he rushed out of the house

“Bye Steven” Reverend Jones said after Steve had rushed out of the house.

Pippa smiled then she put her hand on her head

“What’s the matter?” Reverend Jones said

“I forgot to get the cream. Bobby showed me a technique where adding cream to custard makes it extra yummy” Pippa said and smiled

“If you don’t mind…Christopher and I can get that for you from the shops if you don’t mind..besides after that breakfast, I think I need to do some exercise” Reverend Jones said and smiled

Stewart shop- Summer Bay

“This time of year is so exciting isn’t it” Celia said as Alf put the cans in the box

“Yeah..it does feel special” Alf said an smiled as Celia looked o her list of things she needed to buy

“It’s a shame that you and Ailsa wont be coming over” Celia said

“Yeah, we sort of want this Christmas to be just for us…considering all we have been through…but we will be going over to the caravan park later” Alf said then he heard the bell on the top of the door. When he looked up his smile disappeared as Al Simpson walked into the shop and walked towards the counter

“Celia, you look lovely this morning” Al said and smiled

“Good morning Al” Celia said

“Alfred would you mind bringing these over later” Celia said

“I can be your groceries over” Al said

“No thank you, Alfred would do it…Goodbye” Celia said nervously and rushed out of the shop as quickly as she could

“What do you want?” Alf said

“Now now Alfred, is that they way to speak to an old friend?” Al said

“Old friend my eye, just say what you want and get out” Alf said and the bell above the shop made a noise and Alf looked up to see Jeff Samuels walking into the shop. Al and Jeff stared at each other

“Well, I better be going..have a good day gentlemen” Al said with a smile then he walked out of the shop as Alf tried to figure out why Al left all of a sudden…

Summer Bay

Reverend Jones smiled as Sally sang a Christmas carol and Christopher tried to join in. He felt so overjoyed and imagined how life would be with Pippa…how Sally and Christopher and all the others would become like his own children and how proud he would be. Reverend Jones was lost in thought when suddenly Sally grabbed hold of him

“Sally, what is the matter?” Reverend Jones said confused

“That’s the man who took me away” Sally said as she began to cry when she saw Revhead standing near the shop

“Its alright Sally, he isn’t going to hurt you” Reverend Jones said like a protective father

Revhead drank the water he just brought from the shop and when he turned around he saw Mattheson’s sister, the one he kidnapped and a man and child walking towards him. He could tell by the way she was holding onto the man that she was scared.

“G’day” Revhead said and Reverend Jones looked at him

“I did something very wrong..and I just want to say I’m sorry” Revhead said and Sally hid behind Reverend Jones

“What you did to Sally was awful” Reverend Jones said

“I know, and I’m trying to apologize” Revhead

“Well that is a first step” Reverend Jones said then they walked past him as Revhead sighed…

“Hi Adam, what can I get you” Shannon said and smiled as Adam walked towards the counter

“Just some toast and coffee thanks” Adam said

“Toast and coffee coming up” Shannon said and smiled. Adam sighed then he went and sat at a booth. He didn’t know how he was feeling with Marilyn gone, and he didn’t know where they stood. A few minutes later, Shannon came over with his order

“Here you go” Shannon said and smiled as she put the plate of toast and the coffee in front of him then as she moved her hand, she accidently poured milk on the table

“Oh, I’m really sorry” Shannon said and Adam moved out of the way even though some of the milk got on his trousers.

“It’s alright, it’s only a little milk” Adam said and smiled

“Ill just get you some more milk” Shannon said and wiped the table a bit more before walking away. Adam looked at her as she walked away and raised his eyebrows and smiled to himself…

Ross Boatshed- Summer Bay

“She really loved it” Greg said as Michael rolled his eyes

“I feel a deep connection with her…I sort of told her that I can see us getting married..I didn’t propose or anything yet, I’m saving for the ring, but we made a commitment to each other” Greg said and Michael rolled his eyes again

“G’day” Michael looked up

“What can I do for you?” Michael said

“I saw the ad in the paper for a mechanics assistant” Maurice said and Greg looked up

“You’re the bloke who kidnapped Bobby’s sister Sally” Greg said as he remembered him from the party at the church hall

“Yeah, I made a mistake a year ago, and did my time..I’m going straight now..I just want a chance to prove myself” Maurice said as Michael looked at him

“I remember joining the search party to look for Sally that day” Michael said

“I’m sorry for what I did” Maurice said

“Maybe being here isn’t the best place for you, folk around here were very upset” Michael said

“All the more reason why I should be here…to show people that I’ve changed. I have my mechanics’ license. I really have changed my life around” Maurice said as he showed Mchael his license. He was telling the truth. He was in a prison program that allowed him to get his license.

“I don’t know mate…I’ll have to think about it” Michael said as Maurice sighed.

Background music- Summer Bay

Bobby smiled as she took the cupcakes out of the oven for tomorrow as she listened to Greg and Sam in the living room.

“Those smell great” Bobby said as Grant walked into the house

“Thanks..I have one with you name on it” Bobby said and smiled

“Don’t forget to take my presents for Viv and Tammy” Bobby said

“Yep, I have them in my bag…I can’t wait to see them” Grant said and smiled

“Do you think you will be able to make it back to meet us at the caravan park in the evening?” Bobby said

“Hopefully” Grant said

“You can bring Megan if you want” Bobby said

“No, that wont be happening” Grant said

“ has she gone home for the holidays” Bobby said

“Well, yes…but shes a great girl, but I just don’t see a future for us” Grant said

“Oh, sorry” Bobby said

“No its alright…plenty more fish in the see..but for the meantime, I will settle with having a cupcake” Grant said and smiled then he picked up a cupcake, bit into it and smiled…

Donald stared at the house and the presents on the front seat and sighed. Since his disagreement with Bobby, he had not spoken to her, or taken over their Christmas presents, but he just didn’t agree with her relationship with Greg, he could tell it was going to end the way all her other relationships ended. Donald sighed then he reversed the car, indicated right and made his way to the city to spend Christmas with Barbara and Rebecca…

Flight JG382-  Singapore

Frank put his guitar in the overhead storage and closed it. He sat down in his seat and put his seat belt on. He put his hands in his pocket and felt the small box and smiled to himself. He was tired, anxious and excited at the same time. Only nine more hours on the flight then he would be in Australia…then he would get to look into the eyes of the woman he loves…and he couldn’t wait

Roo drank some of the wine in her glass as she put some tape on the present she got for Helen. Helen was kind enough to invite her to her house on Christmas when she found out that Roo was going to be spending it alone. Roo smiled to herself as she remembered the work Christmas party and seeing Donavan and how this was only the beginning of an amazing life…

Alf thrusted hard a few more times then he collapsed on his back next to Ailsa then she laid on his chest and listened to his heart beat.

“Thank you for taking me back love…this is going to be a wonderful Christmas, I can feel it” Alf said then he kissed the top of Ailsa head and she smiled

Smart Residence- Summer Bay

Knock on the door

Lance opened his eyes. He thought he heard a knock on the door but he was probably dreaming. He closed his eyes again then he heard the knock again so he got out of bed and walked out of the room and towards the front door as he rubbed his eye. When he got to the door he opened the curtain and got a big surprise then he unlocked the sliding door

“Marty” Lance said

“G’day lance” Martin said and smiled

“What are you doing here?” Lance said looking at Martin, he hardly recognized him because he had changed so much

“I’ve come home for Christmas” Martin said and Lance felt so overjoyed…it was going to be a great Christmas because his best friend was back...

Background music ends

Chapter 447

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Background music- Radio

The child is a king, the carolers sing
The old has passed, there's a new beginning
Dreams of Santa, dreams of snow
Fingers numb, faces aglow, it's

Pippa smiled as she put the turkey in the oven. It was still really early, but she expected Sally to be up soon. Pippa looked at the clock on the wall as she walked over to the desk. She wanted to call Frank, but she thought it would be very late over there. Pippa picked up the last family photo and smiled..today was going to be a very special day..she could feel it…

Christmas time, mistletoe and wine
Children singing Christian rhyme
With logs on the fire and gifts on the tree
A time to rejoice in the good that we see

Carly slowly tried to get out of bed

“Where are you going?” Ben said

“I said I’d help Pippa with the cooking, so I’m going to the caravan park” Carly said

“I changed my mind, we’re gong to Adelaide..to my sisters house” Ben said

“But its too late to get any flights” Carly said

“We’ll drive” Ben said

“We wont get there until really late” Carly said she didn’t want to go, she didn’t know what Ben was going to be like around his family

“So what?” Ben said

“Maybe we can go next week or something” Carly said and before she knew it, Ben turned around and slapped her across the face. “We’re going today, so go and get ready” Ben said and turned around as Carly sat on the bed

“I want to be with my family…here” Carly said then Ben turned around and looked at her with an angry look on his face..and Carly knew what was coming next..

A time for living, a time for believing
A time for trusting, not deceiving
Love and laughter and joy ever after
Ours for the taking, just follow the master

Greg kissed Bobby after he opened his gift. He really liked the shirt she gave him. Bobby laughed as he took off the shirt he was wearing and put the new one on. Grant stood in the kitchen and smiled as he watched Bobby, and Greg helping Sam to open his presents. Times like this  Grant he wished he was back home, but he knew that wasn’t going to happen…but he was happy where he was and today, he was going to spend the day with  two girls who mean the world to him…

Emma and Sandra thanks Alf and Ailsa for their Christmas presents which consisted of clothes, money, and a TV for their bedroom. Ailsa opened her necklace from Alf and kissed him then he put it on. Alf opened the gift from Ailsa as Duncan found joy in playing with the wrapping paper. Alf smiled as he finally opened the present to see some new golf clubs that he told Ailsa about a long time ago. Alf kissed Ailsa and smiled..it was really going to be a great Christmas

Silent night
Holy night

It's a time for giving, a time for getting
A time for forgiving and for forgetting
Christmas is love, Christmas is peace
A time for hating and fighting to cease

Stewart/Ross Residence- Summer Bay

Celia was so excited. She always loved Christmas and couldn’t wait until later on to go and watch the nativity, and have a family dinner. Celia heard Haydn rush from his room and to the living room and began to look for his presents. Celia walked into the living room at the same time that Michael walked in. Celia stood and watched as Haydn opened many presents. Michael opened his present from Celia and kissed her on the cheek. It was a new set of tools which he mentioned he wanted. They were very expensive, but Celia thought he was worth it. Michael gave Celia a box and kissed her cheek.

Celia smiled and began to open the box as Michael smiled as he watched Haydn open more presents. He knew he went overboard with the presents for Haydn, but he also felt guilty that the divorce had been tough for him . Celia sat down and opened her present. The box was big, but she couldn’t figure out what it was. Eventually she got the wrapping open and smiled as she opened the box. Her smile disappeared when she noticed that inside the box was a 5 pack of oven mitts and a pair of earrings…

Christmas time (silent night), mistletoe and wine (Holy night)

Carly slowly walked into the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. She wiped the blood from her nose, and her ribs hurt from where Ben punched her. Shortly after Ben walked into the bathroom

“Merry Christmas” Ben said and kissed Carly on the cheek and gave her a gift which surprised her considering what he just did.

“Open it now” Ben said and smiled.

“Ill open it later” Carly said

“No, open it now” Ben said and Carly looked at him then she tore open the wrapping paper to find what looked like a jewelry box.

“Thanks” Carly said

“You’re welcome…you know, you’re right, I think we should spend Christmas here…anyway my family will only be fussing over the new baby..we can go and see them another time” Ben said then he pulled Carly close and hugged her

“Don’t forget to pay Mr Stewart the rent” Ben said and he kissed Carly’s forehead and walked out of the bathroom as she stared at herself in the mirror…

St Peters Church- Summer Bay

Pippa looked up at Reverend Jones who was holding Christopher as they watched the story of the nativity at the church.  She smiled at him and he smiled at her then she looked at Sally, Bobby, Steve, Greg and Sam who were also watching. She missed Frank, but she knew that he was in New York enjoying Christmas with Roo.

Bobby and Greg looked at each other and smiled as Sam sat between them. Bobby thought about how this time last year she was so distraught, and a year later she was enjoying a great day, and she couldn’t wait for the future with Sam and Greg...

Airport- The City

Frank smiled to himself when he stepped out of the airport. He knew he would be greeted with warm weather, so he prepared by putting his coat into his suitcase. Frank inhaled and exhaled as he looked around for a taxi, then he walked over to an empty taxi and put his things in the back then he got into the back passenger seat

“Where to?” the taxi driver said and Frank smiled

“Summer Bay” Frank said and sat back in the seat…he was finally home..

Christmas time (silent night)
Mistletoe and wine (Holy night)

Background music ends

Chapter 448

Grant smiled as he looked at the bag on the bed with the presents he had for Tammy and Viv. He picked the bag up and walked out of his room, and into the living room. He put the bag on the dining table and looked at his watch, he had to leave soon, to get there in time for dinner. Tammy had already called him this morning to make sure he wasn’t going to be late

Knock on the door

Grant wasn’t expecting anyone, and Bobby, Greg and Sam had gone to see the nativity before they went to the caravan park. Grant walked over to the back door and opened it

Background music- Stewart Family theme

“Grant, Merry Christmas” Ailsa said as Grant opened the door

“Merry Christmas” Grant said and smiled

“Bobby made an apple pie for us and forgot to bring it over, she said she left it in the fridge” Ailsa said

“Oh sure, come in” Grant said then he walked towards the fridge, and took out a box

“I believe this must be it” Grant said

“Thanks…you off to see Tammy and Viv?” Ailsa said

“Yeah…I should’ve been on the road already, Tammy already called to make sure I wasn’t going to be late” Grant said and Ailsa laughed

“Well give them my best. Will you be back to sing carols at the caravan park?” Ailsa said

“I hope so” Grant said

“Alright then, I won’t keep you” Ailsa said as she walked towards the door with the pie

“How is everything?” Grant said

“Good…just taking it one step at a time” Ailsa said

“I’m glad things are working out with Alf” Grant said and smiled

“Thanks again…for lending me your shoulder…and being a good friend” Ailsa said as she opened the back door

“Anytime” Grant said and smiled then Ailsa turned around and she went to kiss Grant on the cheek but he didn’t know and turned and she ended up kissing his lips then she pulled back then before they realized it, they began kissing passionately...

Summer Bay

Alf smiled as he drove. It had been a really rough year, but he was happy that he was spending Christmas with his family. He wished that Roo could be here, but he knew she was also making memories with her husband in New York. Alf smiled as he recalled Ailsa letting him back into the bedroom, and how happy she was with his Christmas gift…

Simpson Residence-  Summer Bay

Ailsa grabbed hold of the sheets on the bed as Grant thrusted behind her then she felt him kissing the back of her neck and ear as she vocally exhaled at the pleasure she was feeling…

Summer Bay

Alf smiled as he drove to the caravan to drop off the eggnog Ailsa had made for later on, when they would all be gathered in the caravan park to sing Carols. He knew that he hurt her, but now they were back together, he promised himself that next year would be the best that they would ever have..

Ailsa and Grant kissed passionately as he continued to thrust, and once again she exhaled vocally as she drifted away to a high level of ecstasy…nothing mattered..not Alf…not Christmas…nothing, only the pleasure that she was feeling…

Ross/Stewart Residence- Summer Bay

Celia stood in the kitchen as she listened to Michael and Haydn play video games. She looked at the socks and earrings that were on the table and sighed. She was disappointed with her present, and also by the fact that they were not interested in coming to the nativity, where everyone was their with their families. Celia sighed as she remembered seeing Reverend Jones with the Fletchers and how much she used to love him. Celia inhaled and exhaled then she took the turkey out of the oven and stared at it…it wasn’t the Christmas she wanted…but it was the Christmas she had, so she needed to make the best of it. Celia wiped the tear from her eye and forced a smile…

Gibson Residence- Yabbie Creek

Julie moved around the table and put a place on each placemat as she overheard her mum and dad and some relatives talking in the kitchen. She heard her brother Maurice and cousin come into the house after working on their dads car. Julie put the last plate down and she rolled herself over to the window and looked outside and sighed..all her family was here, but it didn't matter because there was someone she was really missing…

Background music ends

Background music- Frank and Bobby’s theme

“It’s the one on the corner” Frank said to the taxi driver. He remembered that Pippa told him that Bobby was living in the beach house, and describing to him which one. As the taxi got closer and closer to the house Frank became nervous then he smiled as he remembered how he and Bobby would walk on the beach and talked about living in a beach house one day. A few moments later, the taxi stopped outside the house. All the lights were off and Frank couldn’t see any movement in the house.

Doesn’t look like anyone is home, can you please hold on, let me check “ Frank said to the taxi driver as he got out and walked to the front door of the house. Frank knocked and waited. He looked into the window; nobody was home. Disappointed, Frank knocked again. Based on Pippa’s description, he was sure this was the right house

“G’day” Frank looked to the left of him to see a man walking towards him

“G’day” Frank said

“Nobody is home” Grant said

“I can see that…I am looking for Bobby” Frank said

“She’s at the caravan park” Grant said

“Oh right…thanks” Frank said

“If I see her, who should I say came by” Grant said

“Don’t worry…it’s a surprise” Frank said and smiled then he walked back to the taxi and got in

138 McClymonts Road please..i’ll direct you” Frank said and Grant watched the taxi drive off with the stranger. Grant got into his car and as he drove away, his mind drifted to what just happened with Ailsa…something he never intended to happen again…even though he had to admit, it was something he enjoyed...

As the taxi drove, Frank put his hand in his pocket and squeezed the small box. His heart was beating and he had butterflies in his stomach, not long now Frank thought to himself and smiled…

Ailsa walked into the kitchen to see Sandra setting the table and Emma stirring the gravy

“Oh you got the pie, great” Emma said

“Yes, here it is…” Ailsa said and put the pie on the table

“Alf not back yet?” Ailsa said

“No, not yet” Sandra said

“ill just go and wash my hands and give you a hand” Ailsa said and smiled then she walked out of the kitchen and into the bathroom and closed the door. She looked at herself in the mirror…feeling guilty for what she just did…even though she had to admit to herself that she enjoyed it…

Stewart Residence- The City

Donald smiled as he drank some wine and watched Rebecca set the table. It had been a long time that they had spent Christmas together as a family. Donald sighed as he remembered that he and Bobby were still not on the best of terms and wasn’t sure how things were going to be resolved….

Beach- Summer Bay

Adam ran as fast as he could then he stopped and waited for his heart to stop breathing fast. He really didn’t know what all the fuss was about with Christmas..it stopped feeling special a long time ago, and now it just felt like any other normal day as he began to walk back to his boathouse.

“G’day” Adam said as he saw Shannon from the diner standing near her car

“Merry Christmas” Shannon said and smiled

“Yeah, Merry Christmas” Adam said and they both began to walk

“Why are you not at home with your family?” Adam said

“I’m just on my way to the city. My cousin Matt and his family live there so we’re all having Christmas at his house. I just stopped over to get a Christmas Cake from the resort and this old rust bucket car just started making funny noises..then it just stopped” Shannon said

“Let me see if I can hep you” Adam said and he opened the bonnet and looked inside. Shannon sighed, wishing that she didnt volunteer to pick up the cake

“Try starting the car now” Adam said after a few minutes

Shannon got into the drivers seat and started the engine and it worked

“It works! Thank you” Shannon said and got out of the car excited and jumped into Adams arms and kissed him then she moved away embarrassed

“Sorry” Shannon said and she looked at Adam and blushed. Even though the kiss shocked Adam, he wasn’t disappointed.

“I better go…Merry Christmas” Shannon said embarrassed then she got into the car and drove away

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Finlay please put the glasses on the table” Pippa said as she looked at all the food in the kitchen. Between her and Bobby, they had enough food to feed an army

“Ok, Mrs Fletcher” Finlay said and she walked out of the kitchen. She was so happy that Mrs Fletcher allowed her to stay for Christmas, she really loved working here and she loved Christopher too

“Can I help with anything?” Pippa turned around to see Reverend Jones standing behind her and she smiled

“You can put the roast potatoes on the table” Pippa said and she picked up the bowl of potatoes. As she handed it to Reverend Jones, their fingers touched and they both smiled at each other…they knew the secret they shared…

Greg watched Sam unwrap the presents he got from Pippa while Carly stood in front of the Christmas tree and stared at it

Flashback

Carly- What are you doing staring at the tree?

Lynn- Making a Christmas wish

Carly- Why?

Lynn- Every year I make a wish, and ask God for something I really want

Carly- What you really mean is you hope Pippa and Tom will get it for you

Lynn- No, it’s not like that

Carly- So what is it like?

Lynn- My wish is that next year when we move to Summer Bay, we will all be really happy there

Carly- I hope it works because I hate the sound of that place already

Lynn- It will work…you wait and see

Flashback ends

Carly looked at the star at the top of the tree and closed her eyes. She didn’t know much about praying and God and stuff, but the only wish she wanted was a miracle to make her happy again. Carly opened her eyes when she felt an arm around her

“Go and get me a drink” Ben whispered and Carly sighed

“I just need to pop out for a minute I’ll be back” Pippa said as she took off her apron, picked up a gift from the pantry and walked out of the house

Knock on the door

The knocking on the door woke Al up and immediately Sophie sat under the table and put the cover over her head. Al got up from the bed and walked over to the door

“Mrs Fletcher, Merry Christmas” Al said smiling

“Merry Christmas” Pippa said reluctantly

“We had a Christmas party, and some left over gifts so, I brought one for Sophie” Pippa said and she gave the gift to Al

“That is very thoughtful of you…I’ll make sure she gets it” Al said

“Is she not here?” Pippa said

“No, shes gone to spend Christmas with her Aunt…her mothers sister…but I’ll sure to give this to her…thanks” Al said and Pippa looked at him suspiciously then she walked away. Al closed the door and his smile disappeared. Sophie took the sheet of her head and looked at the shiny wrapping paper in Al’s hand. She thought it was very pretty then watched as Al ripped the paper open and Sophie got excited when she saw that it was a doll. Al smirked then he tore the arms and legs off the doll, and stomped on its head until it was disfigured. Sophie watched in silence when he put the pieces in the shiny paper and threw it away in the bin. He looked at Sophie and smirked and went back to lie down. Sophie put the sheet over her head and started to cry. Bobby was going to get her a pretty doll one day…soon Sophie hoped as she cried silently under the sheet….

Background music ends

“Mmm I must say, this is very nice Barbra” Donald said as he ate some of turkey and stuffing

“Thanks, that’s my mum’s stuffing recipe” Barbra said and smiled. It had been a rough couple of years, but she was glad that she was spending Christmas with Rebecca and Donald, two people she loves so much

“Mmm” Donald said and wiped his mouth

“I’d like to propose a toast” Donald said

“To what Dad?” Rebecca said

“To family…and that this will be the first of many Christmases together” Donald said

“To Family” Rebecca and Barbara both said and smiled

“I’ve been doing a lot of thinking…and..well I suppose this is a good time to say it, but I was wondering if we could make this permanent..as in, if you would both consider moving to Summer Bay…so we can be a real family” Donald said as Rebecca and Barbra both looked at him…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Oh its really nice to see you Martin” Pippa said she gave him a hug

“Nice to see you too. I couldn’t come back and not come and say hello to you Mrs F” Martin said then he saw Carly. He noticed that she looked different

“Carly, Hi” Martin said and he walked over to her and gave her a hug, she wince in pain

“Sorry” Martin said

“Not your fault, I had an accident…and I’m still healing” Carly said

“Oh right” Martin said

“I’m Ben, Carly’s husband” Ben said and he walked over to where Carly stood with Lance and Martin

“Martin, Dibble…I know you from somewhere” Martin said as Ben shook his hand

“Lieutenant Lucini” Ben said

“Yes, I remember you, you did some of my training” Martin said then he saluted Ben, who did the same

“How long are you here for?” Steve said

“Just for a few days, I’m going back to Brisbane next week” Martin said as he looked at Ben

“What about you?” Martin said

“On sabbatical leave” Ben said and smiled

“Oh..right, some people are lucky..anyway, I need to get home” Martin said as he and Lance walked to the door

“Don’t forget to come by later on for carols..you too Lance, and tell your mum” Pippa said

“Alight Mrs F, see you later” Martin said and smiled then he walked out of the house

“Is Carly really married to that guy?” Martin said

“Yeah…So what should we do now eh? How about the Yabbie Creek RSL?” Lance said excited

“No, I’m a bit tired” Martin said

“Ok, what about the resort? See if we can pull some Sheila’s” Lance said and Martin laughed

“Maybe later” Martin said

“You’ve changed Marty” Lance said disappointed

“How?” Martin said

“You don’t want to do anything” Lance said

“I just got home Lance, and I'm starving” Martin said

“Well look what the cat dragged back into town” Lance and Martin turned around to see Alf drive up behind them

“G’day Alf” Martin said

“They kicked you out of the army already?” Alf said and Martin laughed

“No, I’m just on leave for Christmas” Martin said

“Good on you for making something of your life” Alf said then he looked at Lance then he went to park his car

Carly stood in the kitchen making the salad. She hadn’t eaten much in the last few days, so she nibbled on some bread

“Another old boyfriend?” Ben said and looked at Carly

“No, just a family friend” Carly said

“Are you lying again?” Ben said through clenched teeth.

“No” Carly said  

“Right Pip, where do you want this eggnog?” Alf said

“I’ll just make some space for it in the fridge” Pippa said as she walked into the kitchen and Alf followed behind her

“Look at young love…soon you’ll be an old married couple…hope you’re enjoying the flat” Alf said as he walked into the kitchen 

“Its great Alf, thanks…we love it” Ben said and he hugged Carly who forced a smile

Can you believe this is going to be our first Christmas together” Greg said as Bobby sat on his lap as they watched Sam play with his toy car on the floor. Bobby smiled. She had really enjoyed being with Greg, their little family.

“I have one more present for you” Greg said as he kissed Bobby on her cheek

“Greg, this watch is enough, you didn’t need to waste more money ” Greg said

“Look my car can spin around” Sam said then he rushed towards Bobby and Greg accidently spilled his beer on Bobby’s top

“Sam, be careful mate” Greg said

“Its ok, Ill just go and put some water on it before it stains” Bobby said

“Sorry” Sam said

“Its alright sweetheart, it was an accident” Bobby said and she rustled Sam’s hair and went upstairs

“Righto, see you later” Alf said as he rushed out of the house, he wanted to get home so that he could have dinner with his family. As he walked towards his car, he saw a taxi pulling up

“Just here thanks” Frank said and exhaled then he got out of the taxi. He rubbed his hands on his jeans, they were sweating because he was so nervous. The Taxi driver gave Frank the guitar which he wore cross body then he paid the taxi driver

“Merry Christmas” The Taxi driver said

“Merry Christmas” Frank said then he inhaled and checked that the little box was still in his pocket then he picked up his bags

“Frank?” Frank turned around and sighed

“G’day Alf” Frank said and he put one bag down as Alf shook his hand

“What are you doing here?  Alf said looking behind Frank

“I’ve come home” Frank said

“Oh this is going to be such a great Christmas..where’s Roo? Ails is going to be so excited, you should’ve told us you were coming” Frank said

“She’s not here” Frank said

“Oh, she’s at the house, I better rush home then…we’ll be back here later, so we’ll see you later on” Alf said excited and turned around

“Alf…Roo didn’t come with me” Frank said and Alf turned around

“What?” Alf said

“We split up” Frank said and Alf looked at him angrily

Wilson Residence- The City

“So how’s the job at the diner” Matt said as he walked into the kitchen

“Going really good. Mrs Stewart and Bobby are really cool” Shannon said then she looked at Matt

“What you really want t know is how is Carly?” Shannon said and rolled her eyes

“Well, how is she?” Matt said

“I guess shes getting better, she was attacked in the van, I think it was a robbery, so she’s moved from there…she lives in the flat above Mr Stewarts shop” Shannon said and Matt sighed…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Steve smiled as he began setting the table, he couldn’t wait to see Sandra later and exchange presents. Then he looked up to see that Ben was sitting at the head of the table. He tossed the placemat down and Ben looked up at him. Steve looked at him with an angry look on his face and Ben raised his two hands up and he got up from the seat and walked away. Steve watched him as he walked over to Carly. Then he put the placemats down and turned the radio on and turned the volume up slightly

“That drop kick brother of yours is due for a good hiding…and I’m going to make sure I give it to him” Ben said as Carly sighed

Background music- Radio

This is my moment
This is my perfect moment with you

Frank sighed, the last person he wanted to bump into was Alf. He expected Alf to be angry and blame him for the break up, which he did, but he didn’t care about that anymore. As Frank got closer to the door, he felt his heart beating fast and he could hear Pippa telling Sally to check in the pantry for more napkins which made him smile

“Steve push the chair over so we have enough space to fit everyone around the table” Pippa said as she put the gravy on the table

“Do you have room for one more” Pippa turned around inhaled and put her hand on her chest then immediately she became overwhelmed as she watched Frank walk through the door then she rushed towards him and hugged him tight.  Carly turned around and she put her hand on her heart and began walking towards Frank. The minute Pippa let Frank go Carly grabbed onto him. Even though her ribs hurt she didn’t care. She wanted to burst into tears but she stopped herself

Steve froze as he saw Frank. For a long time, he had suppressed all the feelings of guilt about  baby Tom dying and immediately seeing Frank, they all rose to the surface again

Finlay looked at the door to see the most handsome man she had ever seen in her life..

“You ok?” Frank said as he noticed tears running down Carly’s cheeks and she nodded

“Just happy you’re home” Carly said and she rested her head on Franks shoulder and exhaled. Lynn was right , she asked for a miracle and she got one....Frank was home.

“I’m Ben, Carly’s husband” Ben said as Frank took off the guitar

“I’m Frank, Carly’s brother” Frank said  as they shook hands  and stared at each other and Greg turned around and looked at Frank

“Pippa I couldn’t find any in the pantry” Sally said and she walked out of the kitchen to a surprise

This is what God meant

“Hi Sal” Frank said as he walked towards her with a smile. Sally started breathing heavily then she started crying and ran upstairs which surprised Frank

“What’s wrong with Sal?” Frank said disappointed and Pippa sighed

“There’s something I should’ve told you a long time ago” Pippa said and she looked at Steve

“Careful squirt” Bobby said as Sally bumped into her on the stairs. Bobby noticed that Sally was crying as she ran up the stairs

“Sal, what’s wrong?” Bobby said as she stopped and watched Sally run upstairs. Bobby continued to walk down the stairs “Pippa what’s wrong with Sal” Bobby said as she walked into the living room and got the shock of her life

wish I could freeze this space in time
The way I feel for you inside

Bobby couldn’t believe it.. Frank was home. She watched as he said hello to Steve, Reverend Jones, Finlay and Christopher. As he did that Bobby couldn’t keep her eyes off him, and he was looking at her too. He looked different, much older and he had cut his hair and had facial hair. As Bobby stared at him,  she noticed that he was walking over to her. She felt her legs turning into jelly, and she held onto the door to stop herself from falling

“Hi” Frank said as he walked over to Bobby.

“Hi” Bobby said and smiled. She felt anxious, nervous, shocked..so many feelings at once

“Happy birthday” Frank said and he kissed Bobby's cheek as her stomach began doing summersaults

This is my moment

“Thanks” Bobby said as Frank stared at her, He couldn’t believe it, he was here..with her. She looked so wonderful. He wanted to pick her up, kiss her, hold her..

“Bobby, can I have a drink please” Sam said

“Who’s this?” Frank said

“Oh this is Sam” Bobby said

“The foster kid right? Pippa wrote and told me you had gone into the family business. Nice to meet you mate” Frank said

“This is your uncle Frank” Bobby said and smiled

Tell me you love me when you leave
You're more than a shadow, that's what I believe
You take me to places I never dreamed I'd see
Minute by minute you are the world to me

“Hello Uncle Frank” Sam said and Frank smiled then he looked at Bobby. He stared into her eyes, they were so beautiful as he put his hand in his pocket to take out her present

I wish I could frame the look in your eyes
The way that i feel for you inside

“Frank right? Hows it going?” Greg said

“Yeah, good thanks” Frank said as he looked at Greg who just walked over to where he and Bobby were standing

“This is Greg, Sams dad” Bobby said and Greg put his arm around Bobby and Frank felt his whole world come crashing down…

This is my moment

Background music ends

“Well that’s just great isn’t it, my daughters marriage breaks up and the first I hear about it is from my son in law who calmly tells me that he left her all alone in New York with all those rapists and killers” Alf said as he dialed the numbers

“Alf before you get angry why don’t you wait to find out what happened” Ailsa said

“If he shot through and left her, I will wring his neck…no answer” Alf said and he put the phone down

“Shes probably out with friends or something…I’m sure she is fine” Ailsa said as she looked at Alf trying to disguise her own guilt

“The food is ready, let’s sit down and eat and enjoy the rest of the Christmas as a family” Ailsa said

“I can’t, not until I know Ruthy is alright” Alf said and he picked up the receiver and began to dial the number again

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Background music- Fletcher family theme

Frank could see the bedroom door open as he walked up the stairs.. Sally was sitting on the bed crying. His heart was already broken from seeing that Bobby had someone else in her life then Pippa told him the reason why Sally was upset just made him feel worse.  He slowly walked up to the door and knocked on it. Sally looked at the door

“Can I come in?” Frank said with a smiled. Sally didn’t respond. Frank walked into the room and sat on the bed next to her as Sally wiped her cheek with the back of her hand. Frank looked around the room. He noticed the bear he gave her was on the shelf

“Pippa told me why you are upset with me” Frank said. Sally didn’t respond

“Sal, I’m really sorry” Frank said

“No your not. Dodge was being really mean to me and I phoned you and I told Roo and you never phoned me back..and I waited on the couch for you to phone” Sally said as she cried.

Frank sighed. Roo never mentioned to him that Sally called…now he understood why she didn’t write to him, or want to speak to him when he called.

“Hey” Frank said and he bent down in front of Sally

“I’m really sorry…you mean so much to me, I would never do anything to hurt you. I’m sorry that those blokes took you, and Dodge was being mean to you…but I’m home now…and nobody is ever going to be mean to you again” Frank said and he wiped a tear from Sally’s cheek

“Do you promise…you wont go again” Sally said

“I promise” Frank said and smiled and Sally smiled and leaned forward

“I love you Frank” Sally said

“I love you too sweetheart” Frank said hugged Sally tight as she smiled…

Police Station- Summer Bay

Nick sighed. It had been a quiet day, and since he had no where to go, he would be working until tomorrow morning. He imagined that everyone was home with their families and he could’ve gone up to Brisbane to be with his, but he didn’t see the point.  Either way, this was going to be a terrible Christmas. Nick sighed the he heard the station door open. Maybe someone was coming to report a cat up a tree...again. Nick got up and walked to the counter to see a surprise…Julie was in the waiting area with trays on her lap

“Since you couldn’t come to dinner…I thought I would bring dinner to you” Julie said and smiled as Nick smiled at her. He walked around to the waiting area and bent down and looked at her

“Thank you” Nick said and smiled

“Merry Christmas” Julie said

“Merry Christmas” Nick said and he leaned forward and kissed her and they both smiled

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“So what went wrong?” Bobby said as they all sat at the table eating. Frank was sitting at the head of the table, Carly was to his right, and Sally to his left

“I didn’t like New York” Frank said

“You could’ve moved” Bobby said

“Well Roo did like it, she got a job at a high-profile PR company. Super trendy and all that” Frank said

“Sounds like she’s having a good time” Carly said

“Yeah, she likes the life, high profile clients,  parties, restaurants” Frank said

“Must’ve been a great place” Greg said and he gently put his hand on Bobby’s hand

“For some but I couldn’t stand it. The majority of people were up themselves and boasting about the latest bars and clubs they went to, just wasn’t for me” Frank said

“Why because you couldn’t get in? Ben said and laughed as Carly sighed

“No, we did get in that wasn’t the problem we hung around with the people from Roo’s office and we’d go to the gallery openings, and trendy places, and in the end I just got fed up of it and after talking about it, I decided to come home, Roo decided she was going to stay” Frank said

“Was it hard?” Bobby said

“When she said she wasn’t coming back with me?” Frank said

“Yeah” Bobby said

“Nah, we both knew it was coming” Frank said as he watched Greg put his arm around Bobby

“What about your job at Macklin’s?” Pippa said

“Ill miss the money, but not the job too many backstabbers” Frank said

“So what are you going to do now?” Greg said

“I don’t know know really, I havn’t decided yet” Frank said as Bobby thought about what Frank was saying

“Do you think you will still see Roo?” Bobby said as Carly looked at her

“If she comes to Australia yeah, we’re still friends, but we just want different things out of life” Frank said and Greg became uneasy in his seat

“Like what?” Greg said

“I don’t know…I supposed I want things to go back to how they used to be” Frank said and he kissed Sally on the head and she smiled then Carly rested her head on his arm and closed her eyes. Frank put his arm around her and kissed her head. She was so happy that he was home….the happiest she had been in a long time.  Frank looked at Pippa and winked and she smiled. Her heart was so full of joy...she had her whole family here..and a man she loved....

Steve looked at Frank then at Bobby as all his guilt came flooding back, Greg rubbed Bobby’s back as he looked at Frank, and Bobby stared at the food on her plate confused and surprised by what Frank said and silently sighed..

Background music ends

Chapter 449

Alf tried the number again, there was still no response

“Still no answer?” Ailsa said as she walked into the living room

“No, maybe I should get a flight out there” Alf said

“I think you should wait until you hear from her” Ailsa said

“You wouldn’t be saying that if she was your daughter” Alf said which shocked Ailsa

“I’m sorry love” Alf said and he got up and rushed over to Ailsa and gave her a hug

“I didn’t mean it…I’m just worried about Ruthy you know...” Alf said

“Yes, I know” Ailsa said

“Come and have some dessert” Ailsa said and Alf nodded and smiled as they walked towards the living room

Stewart/Ross Residence- Summer Bay

Celia ate her food as she watched Michael and Haydn make plans for the rest of his school holidays

“Don’t forget we’re going to the Caravan Park” Celia said trying to sound excited

“What for?” Michael said

‘To sing carols and drink eggnog. It has become some sort of a tradition” Celia said 

“Dad, you promised to play the video game with me” Haydn said

“I did, didn’t I” Michael said looking at Haydn then at Celia

“Sorry..you can go if you want” Michael said and he looked at Celia then she looked at Haydn who gave her a smirk then she sighed as she looked at her plate of food..

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Frank walked outside and sighed as he stared at the caravan park.

“I hope you’re not trying to leave already” Frank turned around to see Carly standing behind him

“No, just came out to get some air…feels like so much has changed since I was last here” Frank said

“Yeah” Carly said

“You getting married…congratulations. I was shocked when Pippa wrote and told me” Frank said

“Sorry..I was going to write and tell you” Carly said

“Its alright” Frank said

“Roo must be really living the life in New York” Carly said

“Yeah she is, she loves it over there” Frank said

“I remember when you were leaving, you were really excited for the opportunity” Carly said

“Yeah, but sometimes all that glitters is not gold” Frank said as he thought about all the plans he before he left for New York, but the place he was excited to go to ended up being a nightmare for him

“Anyway, I’m glad you’re home” Carly said and she put her head on Franks shoulder.

“Thanks” Frank said and smiled and put his arm around her

“Lets go inside” Frank said and Carly smiled

“I’m sorry I’m late this year Pippa” Mrs Malloy said

“That’s quite alright…are you sure you won’t eat something?” Pippa said and smiled

“No no, I have a few more house calls to make” Mrs Malloy said as she walked towards the door

“This is for you Mrs Malloy” Bobby said as she came out of the kitchen holding a covered dessert

“Oh Bobby, this is very kind of you” Mrs Malloy said and smiled

“No worries” Bobby said and smiled as the door opened and Frank walked back into the house with Carly

“Nice to see you Frank” Mrs Malloy and Frank smiled

“So, are you back with us permanently? Mrs Malloy said

“Depends” Frank said and smiled as Greg looked at him and Carly looked at Bobby

“Well it was nice of you to make it for Christmas, I am sure the family is happy to see you” Mrs Malloy said and Carly put her head on Franks shoulder and smiled as he looked at Bobby

“Well, I better be going, thank you for the treat Bobby…and Merry Christmas to you all” Mrs Malloy said and she walked out of the house

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Bobby, happy birthday to you” Bobby turned around to see Pippa walking to the table with a birthday cake as Steve, Sally, Sam, Pippa, Reverend Jones, Finlay, and Carly sang happy birthday. Bobby smiled as Pippa put the cake on the table with one candle at the top

“You have to make a wish” Sally said as Bobby walked over to the cake

“Yeah, make a wish” Greg said and he put his hand around Bobby. Bobby closed her eyes. She really didn’t know what she wanted. This year had been rough, but now she had Greg and Sam in her life.

“Sometime today please” Carly said

“Okay okay hold on” Bobby said and laughed then she wished to be happy this year with Sam and the man she loves then she opened her eyes to see Frank staring at her then she blew the candle.

“I hope I was part of your wish” Greg said and kissed Bobby’s cheek and hugged her as she smiled and from the corner of her eye, she could see that Frank was still staring at her….

Background music ends

“Auntie Ailsa, we wont be too late” Emma said

“Alright love, give everyone our best” Ailsa said

“Ok, see you later” Sandra said as her and Emma left the house

“You could’ve gone with them to the caravan park” Alf said as he sat on the couch

“Its alright, I didn’t feel like much of a sing song anyway” Ailsa said and sat on the couch. What she really meant was she didn’t want to bump into Grant

“Sorry, I’ve ruined Christmas for you…it was supposed to be special” Alf said

“You’re concerned about Roo..I understand” Ailsa said

“I cant’ believe he just left her…on her own in New York..she doesn’t know how to take care of herself” Alf said

“Alf, I don’t think you give Roo enough credit…she's been through more than most young woman at her age..she's a fighter…she’ll be alright” Ailsa said

“She loved him so much Ails…she was so sure that they would be together forever..if he just up and left her” Alf was interrupted

“I understand you are concerned, but we don’t know that yet…just wait until you speak to her before you jump to any conclusions”

“Thanks for understanding…to make up for me ruining Christmas..maybe we can go away...just the two of us..you know like a second honeymoon or something” Alf said

“Yeah, that sounds nice” Ailsa said and smiled and Alf but his arm around her

“I love you Ails” Alf said and he kissed the top of her head

“Me too love” Ailsa said and silently sighed as she continued to think about Grant and what happened earlier…

Manhattan- New York

Roo looked around the large dining room in Helens house. Everyone was seated and talking to each other. She was sitting next to one of the receptionists from work who lived out of state, and decided not to go home for the holidays. Roo smiled to herself as she sipped her white wine. This was the life she had always wanted, and now it was happening. She was moving into her new apartment on January 2nd and even though she had to pack, that didn’t stop her from accepting invitations to many parties over the next week. Roo was lost in thought then she heard a knife tap on a glass as Helen commanded everyone’s attention to make a toast. Roo listened to Helen talking about a great year they had and a good year they will have next year. Roo raised her glass and said cheers as she looked around the room. Nancy wasn’t there because her and Donavan were having  Christmas dinner with her family which was a shame Roo thought to herself then she smiled to herself as she remembered that she had to get home soon, because Donavan was coming over tonight…

Caravan Park- New York

Steve and Sandra kissed in the van. “I really like my necklace…thank you” Sandra said and smiled

“I hope you like your CD” Sandra said

“Yeah, thanks” Steve said as Sandra took off her cardigan and started unbuttoning her blouse. Steve sighed. He really wanted to, but with Frank coming home, things were really different now. His mind was everywhere, and he didn’t know how to feel. Sandra took off her blouse and lay on the bed in the van and waited. After a few moments she gently touched Steve’s arm. Steve turned around and looked at Sandra

“I’m sorry…I cant” Steve said and Sandra sat up

“Is there something wrong?” Sandra said confused

“No..its just..its probably not a good time..I don’t want to rush you” Steve said

“But I’m ready” Sandra said trying to figure out why Steve was being cold

“We better get back to the house” Steve said and Sandra sighed..

Police Station- Summer Bay

“This has got to be the best Christmas ever” Nick said as he ate the last of the apple pie and ice cream on his plastic plate.

“You’re just saying that because you get to eat apple pie at work” Julie said and laughed

“Well that too” Nick said and smiled then he put the plastic spoon down and looked at Julie

“Thank you” Nick said

“You’re welcome” Julie said and Nick moved his chair next to Julie and kissed her

“I’ve really missed you” Nick said

“Me too” Julie said

“I’m sorry if I ever made you feel like I didn’t want to be with you…I do..its just that” Nick was interrupted

“You were overwhelmed” Julie said

“Yeah, but that didn’t mean I didn’t want you living in the house” Nick said

“I know, but that is what I didn’t want…you feeling like you had to take care of me…I want to be your girlfriend, not someone you have to look after” Julie said and then they heard the police door open. Nick was about to get up then he saw one of his colleagues walk into the station

“What are you doing here?” Nick said

“Working” Nick’s colleague said

“Oh? I sighed up to work tonight” Nick said confused as his colleague looked at Julie

“So did I, you might as well head off for the night” Nick’s colleague said and Nick shrugged

“Alright” Nick said and his colleague walked away

“I guess I can take you home” Nick said and Julie looked at him

“I’m not ready to go home yet” Julie said and smiled…

Background music ends

Chapter 450

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Emma, I want to go” Sandra said as she walked over to Emma who was eating a cupcake

“Why is something wrong?” Emma said confused

“I don’t know..lets just go home” Sandra said as she looked at Steve talking to Finlay

“Ok” Emma said as she pushed the rest of the cupcake in her mouth

“Are you two going?” Bobby said as she poured some eggnog for her and Greg

“Yeah, Sandra wants to go” Emma said

“Is there something wrong?” Bobby said

“No, I’m just a bit tired” Sandra said as Greg walked up behind Bobby

“Greg, do you mind giving them a lift home” Bobby said and Greg sighed and looked up to see Frank looking at him

“Yeah..ok” Greg said reluctantly

“Thanks” Bobby said and she smiled as she watched Greg walk out of the house with Emma and Sandra..

Barnett Residence- Summer Bay

Nick turned the light on as Julie rolled herself into the house

“Greg’s not back yet” Nick said as he closed the door behind Julie

“Good then its just you and me” Julie said and Nick turned around and bent down and they began to kiss

“Just let me know what time you want to go, and I’ll take you home” Nick said

“This has been a really nice Christmas…a special day…and I don’t want it to end” Julie said and Nick smiled and leaned forward and they kissed…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“What’s this?” Ben said as he walked over to Martin, Frank and Carly laughing

“Just talking about old times” Frank said

“Like what?” Ben said and smiled

“Like when we first moved to Summer Bay” Carly said and she held onto Frank and put her head on his arm

“We need to get that band back together for one night only…they can play at the diner after dark right Carly?” Lance said

“I don’t know..I’m still on sick leave…you have to ask Bobby” Carly said

“I don’t think I can, I have to get back on Tuesday” Martin said and Lance looked at him disappointed and stood quietly as Martin, Frank and Carly talking as he continued to feel alienated…

Pippa felt overwhelmed and she slipped away while the others began singing carols and stood outside on the veranda. The sky was beautiful, and the moon shon brightly

“I thought I might find you here” Pippa turned around to see Reverend Jones walking up behind her

“I was just feeling a bit overwhelmed and wanted to come out here and catch my breath” Pippa said and smiled

“Yes, it has been a wonderful day…with all your family” Reverend Jones

“Just seeing Frank..I wasn’t expecting him home..it just felt like old times” Pippa said then she realized what she said

“No, I didn’t mean” Pippa was interrupted

“I understand” Reverend Jones said and smiled

“I wish I can hold you in my arms” Reverend Jones and Pippa looked at him and smiled, but she knew they had to be patient

“Me too” Pippa said

“So any suggestions on how I should ask for permission from your children?” Reverend Jones said and they both looked at each other and smiled

“Frank” They both said at the same time and started laughing then Pippa gently rested her head on Reverend Jones shoulder then lifted it

“Do you mind if I have a few minutes alone” Pippa said

“Of course, Ill call off the search party” Reverend Jones said and smiled then he went inside. Pippa put her hand on her heart, she felt so overjoyed..her heart was full of love as she stared at the sky. The moon was full and ther was one star shining next to it. Today she got to spend Christmas with her family and the man she loved, and she knew that none of that was by coincidence. It was definitely a Christmas miracle. Pippa smiled and she stared at the one star sparkling in the sky.

“Thank you Tom..I love you” Pippa said and smiled then she made her way back into the house to everyone in singing carols and drinking eggnog…

Sophie lifted the corner of the sheet off her head and waited for her dad to slam the van door. She gently took the rest of the sheet off her head and slowly walked over to the window. She moved the curtain and could see all the lights in the house and people singing. She sighed and looked up at the sky at the stars as she thought to herself that one day Bobby was going to buy her a really nice doll with a pretty dress…one day. Sophie said as tears ran down her cheeks

Background music ends

“I didn’t expect you two back so early” Ailsa said as Sandra and Emma came into the house

“Sandra is not feeling well” Emma said

“Oh no” Ailsa said and she got up from where she was sitting next to Alf

“Whats the matter” Ailsa said

“Just a bit of a headache…Illl be ok after I lie down” Sandra said

“Do you want some tea or something?” Ailsa said

“No, I’ll just lie down for a while” Sandra said

“Alright, let me know if you need anything” Ailsa said and Sandra smiled and went into her room and shut the door. She sat on the bed feeling like such a fool. She thought that everything was really going well between her and Steven, but it seemed he wasn’t interested again

“Are you alright?” Emma said as she came into the room

“Yeah” Sandra said and she took off her shoes and laid on her bed

“Is it Steve?” Emma said

“Is it alright it I don’t talk about it right now?” Sandra said

“Ok…whatever it is, it will get better ok?” Emma said and Sandra nodded her head as Emma smiled then she walked out of the room and closed the door as Sandra closed her eyes and a tear ran down her cheek..

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Background music- The radio

Last Christmas, I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

Steve sighed as he stared at the bowl of egg nog

“Is everything alright?” Steve turned around to see Reverend Jones behind him

Steve said

“Frank returning?” Reverend Jones said and Steve nodded

“Oh dear…are you ready to talk to him about the way you feel?” Reverend Jones said and Steve shook his head no

“Steve I hope you don’t mind us sharing a room again” Steve turned around to see Frank standing behind him

“No” Steve said and forced a smile. I’m just going to put more eggnog in the bowl” Steve said then he lifted the bowl and walked into the kitchen

“So Frank how does it feel to be home?” Reverend Jones said

“Good but different..so many things have changed” Frank said as Reverend Jones looked at him

“I can imagine they have” Reverend Jones said as he noticed Frank turn around and look at Bobby playing with Sam and Sally

Once bitten and twice shy
I keep my distance
But you still catch my eye
Tell me, baby
Do you recognize me?
Well, it's been a year
It doesn't surprise me

“Hello young man” Reverend Jones said as Christopher ran over to him and he picked him up

“Christopher doesn’t remember me…the last time I was here, he wouldn’t leave my side” Frank said as he gently touched Christopher’s leg

“Once he sees you around for a while, he will remember you the way he felt about you” Reverend Jones said and Frank looked at him

“I was wondering if you had some time tomorrow…to talk” Reverend Jones said

“About what?” Frank said.

“Oh, I just wanted to run some thing by you, that’s all” Reverend Jones said and smiled

“Alright” Frank said

“Good, how about in the morning….anytime that suits you” Reverend Jones said

“Alright” Frank said and Reverend Jones nodded. He didn’t know Reverend Jones as well as the others, so he wasn’t sure what to make of him yet…

(Merry Christmas!) I wrapped it up and sent it
With a note saying, "I love you, " I meant it
Now, I know what a fool I've been
But if you kissed me now
I know you'd fool me again

“There you are Christopher I was looking for you” Finlay said as she walked over to them

“He’s alright here, aren’t you Christopher” Reverend Jones said and Christopher nodded his head

“Excuse us while we go looking for cupcakes” Reverend Jones said and Finlay laughed

“Can I get you another drink or more egg nog Frank” Finlay said and smiled. Frank was really good looking

“No, I’m alright with this” Frank said and smiled

“So you lived in America?” Finlay said.

Bobby was playing with Sam then she looked up to see Finlay and Frank engaged in conversation. For some reason she became jealous. Finlay was really pretty after all, and tall with long blonde hair..

“Yeah” Frank said and smiled

“Cool, I hope to visit there one day” Finlay said and Frank smiled

“Sorry, for taking long” Greg said and he put his arm around Bobby

“Thanks for taking the girls home..shame Ailsa couldn’t come” Bobby said then Greg kissed her when he noticed that Bobby was looking at Frank and Finlay then Bobby looked at him and smiled…

“This eggnog is really good” Martin said as he walked over to Frank and Finlay

“Yeah, really good” Lance said a few moments after

“I’m going to ask Mrs Fletcher if she needs help with anything” Finlay said and smiled and for some reason she started blushing when Frank talked to her

“Alright” Frank said and Finlay walked away

“Looks like some has the hots for you Frankie boy” Martin said and Frank smiled as he looked at Bobby, Greg and Sam….

A crowded room, friends with tired eyes
I'm hiding from you, and your soul of ice
My god, I thought you were someone to rely on
Me? I guess I was a shoulder to cry on

Nick gently lay Julie on the bed as he kissed her. He looked at her, she looked so beautiful to him. Nick leaned forward and kissed her again as he shifted his weight and trying to move her legs at the same time..

A face on a lover with a fire in his heart
A man under cover but you tore me apart
Now, I've found a real love you'll never fool me again

Julie felt her heart beating fast..this was a  new experience…but one she wanted to have with someone she loved. As Nick prepared himself Julie thought about everything they had been through. She didn’t know what the future was going to be like…or how they were going to make things work, but all she knew right now was she loved him.

As Nick gently entered a place he had never been before, Julie inhaled vocally

“Do you want me to stop?” Nick said and Julie shook her head no and put her arms around Nicks neck as they gently kissed and their bodied became one…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

“Hi” Frank said as he stood behind Bobby in the kitchen

“Hi” Bobby said and smiled when she turned around

“Do you need some help” Frank said

“No, im almost finished” Bobby said as she washed the last dish

“You look beautiful tonight” Frank said as he looked at Bobby. She looked different than how he remembered she was grown up…like she was in New York when he saw her on the TV..

“Thanks” Bobby said. She felt awkward because she knew that Greg was around yet she also felt like her heart was trying to tell her something

“Its really good to see you..” Frank said and Bobby felt that same feeling again…the one she always felt when Frank was around

“Yeah, its good to see you too” Bobby said as she washed the last dish and put it on the drying rack. Frank didn’t know if he should take the little box out of his pocket and give it to her

A face on a lover with a fire in his heart
A man under cover but you tore him apart
Maybe next year I'll give it to someone

“Bobby, dad said I need to go to bed soon” Sam said. Bobby wiped her hands on the towel and looked at her watch

“He's right, it is almost your bed time..go and pack your toys up” Bobby said as Sam ran out of the kitchen. Frank watched him as he ran away. Bobby sneaked a look at Frank. He looked much older, very mature with his facial hair.

“You have to come over to the flat for dinner” Carly said as she walked into the kitchen and hugged Frank. Bobby watched as Carly held onto Frank, and again she felt jealous

“Come on Carly, we need to get going” Ben said as he walked into the kitchen as Carly silently sighed

“Yeah, we need to get going too” Greg said as he walked into the kitchen and walked up to Bobby and put his arm around her and smiled at Frank..

Background music ends

“Your announcement at dinner was a surprise” Barbra said as her and Donald sat on the couch

“Its something I’ve been thinking about for a while” Donald said as Barbra looked at him

“Donald, my feelings for you have not changed…but we’ve lived together before..and you know how that turned out” Barbra said

“Things will be different now” Donald said

“What is wrong with us being the way we are?” Barbra said

“With Lucinda and David in the house…made me realize how much I missed having family ” Donald said and Barbra sighed.

“So I assume your answer is a no?” Donald said

“No…it’s a lets see how things go..there is no rush” Barbra said and smiled then she leaned forward and kissed Donald..

Nick gently thrusted a few more timed then he exhaled vocally and looked at Julie who smiled at him and gently caressed his face with her finger

“Thank you for making today really special…for being gentle with me…I love you” Julie said

“I love you too” Nick said and smiled then he leaned forward and kissed Julie…

Background music ends

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Fletcher family theme

“Where should I put these pots and baking trays” Frank said as he stood outside Gregs car

“Just in the back, thanks” Bobby said and smiled as Frank put the pots and baking trays in the back of Greg’s truck

“Bobby here are the left over cupcakes” Pippa said as she came out of the house

“Yummy” Sam said and Greg laughed

“I think we need to get you home” Greg said and got into the car and then Bobby got into the passenger seat

“Goodnight sweetheart” Pippa said and she leaned forward and kissed Bobby then she looked at Frank then he leaned forward and kissed her cheek

“Night” Frank said and looked into Bobby’s eye

“Night” Bobby said and  blushed..

“Yeah Goodnight” Greg said then he started the engine and drove away. Frank put his arm around Pippa and she smiled and they began to walk back to the house

“This stupid car” Ben said getting annoyed as the car refused to start. He tried the engine a few more times and it still wouldn’t work

“Having a problem?” Frank said as he walked over to the car

“No, its alright” Ben said and tried to start the engine again but it wouldn’t start

“Frank, can you have a look, Frank is really good at fixing cars” Carly said and Ben started feeling himself getting annoyed

“Its probably nothing, it will start shortly” Ben said annoyed and trying to start the engine again

“pop the bonnet up, let me have a look, otherwise, you’ll wear out your starter motor” Frank said

“Sure, I’ve also got a torch in the back” Ben said reluctantly, and pressed the button which opened the bonnet. He then looked at Carly with an annoyed look on his face and got out of the car and quickly went and got the torch and turned it on. Frank looked at the engine and checked a few things, and when he figured out what the problem was, tried to fix it as Ben stood next to him annoyed and clueless.

“Ok try the engine now” Frank said after a few minutes, and Ben walked to the driver side and started the engine and it worked

“Looks like you saved the day, thanks” Ben said

“Your distributor cap is broken. I’ve positioned it so that you can get home, but you need to get it fixed as soon as possible” Frank said as he put the bonnet down

“Thanks Frank” Carly said and smiled

“You’re welcome…night” Frank said

“Night” Carly said as Ben drove away.

“I told you he would fix it” Carly said and smiled as Ben ignored her…

Finlay closed the curtain in her van as she watched Frank go into the house and sat on the bed. She smiled as she remembered the days and how it was a nice Christmas compared to some she'd had in the past. The best part of the Christmas was meeting Frank and how handsome he was. Finlay reached for the brush next to her bed and brushed her hair then she put the brush down and laid on the bed and turned off the light and closed her eyes and thought about how her and Frank would make a nice couple...

Frank walked into the house and closed the door as Sally came into the living room

“Do you want a cup of tea?” Pippa said

“I’d love one, thanks” Frank said as Sally walked into the living room

“You are supposed to be getting ready for bed young lady” Pippa said

“I want Frank to read me a story” Sally said and Frank smiled as Pippa shook her head

“Alright, you go upstairs and choose one, ill be right up ” Frank said and Sally smiled and ran away

Pippa smiled as she stared at Frank, his eyes looked happier than they did in New York, she was happy he was home…she had missed him so much

“I haven’t had a chance to ask how you are” Pippa said as she walked into the kitchen and Frank walked in behind her

“Good, how are you?” Frank said

‘Glad that you are home” Pippa said and smiled

“Yeah, me too” Frank said

“Sorry that things didn’t work out with Roo..” Pippa said

“Nothing to be sorry about, it was over a long time ago, we both knew it” Frank said

“Well I am glad you decided to come home instead of staying in New York” Pippa said

“Yeah me too. Hopefully I can pick up the pieces…things were really good here before with Bobby and everything” Pippa said

“You'll be just fine” Pippa said and smiled

Background music ends

Background music- Greg and Bobby’s theme

Bobby yawned as Greg shut the door behind her

“Time for you to get ready for bed” Bobby said as she smiled at Sam then she yawned again

“Oh for some reason I am really tired” Bobby said as she put the baking trays on the table

“But I am not tired, I want to play with my toys” Sam said

“No mate, its late…you can play with your toys in the morning” Greg said

“Okay” Sam said and he walked up the stair

“He can stay up for a little bit longer if he wants” Bobby said as Greg looked at her

“No…I want you all to myself…I have one more present for you…for us” Greg said and went to put his arms around Bobby and she moved and walked to the kitchen to Greg's surprise.

“Interesting day” Greg said

“Yeah, its been a good day..do you want some tea?” Bobby said as she put the kettle on

“No, thanks…Frank turning up like that… “ Greg said and he walked to the kitchen

“Yeah, he looks different thought” Bobby said as she reached for a cup and put a tea bag in it

“How?” Greg said

“I dunno, older maybe” Bobby said

“Seems like a nice guy” Greg said and Bobby didn’t respond

“Did he say why he came back?” Greg said

“You were there, he said he didn’t like it over there” Bobby said and took some milk out of the fridge

“I thought maybe he was telling you something different…I saw him talking to you in the kitchen” Greg said

“No, nothing different….you sure..you don’t want some tea?” Bobby said a she put the milk in the tea

“Is everything alright?” Greg said

“Yes of course…why?” Bobby said as she put the milk in the fridge

“I don’t know…it’s just that since you saw Frank, you have been distant” Greg said

“Come on Greg, I am not being distant, I am just tied. I have been up since 5 o clock cooking” Bobby said

“As long as that’s all it is…I mean you're not still keen on Frank or anything” Greg said

“No” Bobby said immediately then she walked over to where Greg was standing

“ Frank and I were over ages ago…I’m the happiest I have ever been in my life with you and Sam.” Bobby said as she stood in front of Greg

“Good because I love you and I am really happy too” Greg said

“Well that makes two of us then” Bobby said and smiled as Greg kissed her...

Background music ends

Chapter 451

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Frank smiled as he read the last line of the chapter of the book that he sent Sally for Christmas last year and noticed that Sally was fast asleep. He closed the book and kissed her forehead and covered her with the blanket. He put the book on the bookshelf and closed the door. He walked the short distance into the room he was going to be sharing with Steve as Steve got into bed

“Just like old times…me and you sharing a room” Frank said as he opened his suitcases and began putting his clothes into the wardrobe.

“Yeah…night” Steve said

“You going to sleep already? I thought we could go and watch a movie or something” Frank said

“I’m really tired…its been a long day” Steve said

“Ok..night” Frank Steve put the cover over his head hoping that his guilt would go away..

Ben slammed the fridge door. He opened the beer bottle with his mouth and threw the top on the floor. He walked into the bedroom to see Carly using the oxygen mask

“With all that talking you were doing , no wonder you need the oxygen mask” Ben said as he drank his beer. Carly sighed then she took the mask off, turned the machine off and put it by the dressing table.

“You tried to make me look like a fool in front of Frank” Ben said

“No I didn’t, he’s just really good at fixing cars, and I wanted us to get home” Carly said

“Yeah right, the way you were all over him tonight..If I didn’t know better I would think you had the hots for him” Ben said

“Frank is my brother”  Carly said

“Wasn’t he that loser Bobby’s brother then he got married to her” Ben said and smirked as Carly sighed

“Its not like that” Carly said

“Shut up” Ben said then he slapped Carly across the face then he grabbed her face really hard

“Don’t you ever try to show me up again in front of him..do you understand me” Ben said and Carly nodded her head then he let her go

“Sleep on the couch, you make me sick” Ben said and Carly got up from the bed and went to lay on the couch and closed her eyes as a tear fell down her cheek..

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Pippa rested her head on Reverend Jones’ chest as they stood in his van

“I’m sorry…for coming here…I just wanted to see you” Pippa said

“I’m glad you did” Reverend Jones said

“Did you have a good day” Pippa said

“Yes, I had a wonderful day…being here with you” Reverend Jones said as Pippa hugged him tight

“What about you?” Reverend Jones said

“I had an excellent day” Pippa said and smiled

“Good, I’m glad…I hope you liked your present” Reverend Jones said

“Yes, I love it” Pippa said as she thought of the nice scarf that Reverend Jones gave her

“And before you ask, I loved my socks” Reverend Jones said and Pippa smiled

“I better go” Pippa said

“Reminds me of when you used to sneak into my house when we were younger” Reverend Jones said and Pippa smiled then she looked up at Reverend Jones and he bent down and gently kissed her on the lips

“I mentioned to Frank that I wish to speak to him” Reverend Jones said

“What did he say?” Pippa said

“He said ok” Reverend Jones said  and Pippa smiled

“I’m nervous” Reverend Jones said

“Why?” Pippa said

“Are you sure this is what you want…us…together?” Reverend Jones said

“More than anything” Pippa said and she smiled as they gently kissed….

Ailsa tied her dressing gown around her waist and walked out of the bedroom and into the living room

“It’s late love..come to bed” Ailsa said

“I don’t think I will be able to sleep” Alf said

“Still not able to get through to Roo?” Ailsa said

“Yeah, I’m starting to get really worried” Alf said

“I’m sure she’s fine” Ailsa said and Alf sighed

“Look, leave it until the morning…if you still haven’t heard from her, then we can book a flight and go and figure out what is going on” Ailsa said

“You will come with me?” Alf said and Ailsa nodded

“Thanks love” Alf said and smiled

“But I don’t think it will come to that…I think she's probably out having a good time with some friends” Ailsa said

“I hope so Ails…” Alf said and sighed as he got up and followed Ailsa to their bedroom

Roo and Donavan kissed urgently and passionately as soon as she closed the apartment door. They both took their clothes off as quickly as they could as they walked towards the bed. Moments later Roo fell back onto the bed and eagerly waited for Donavan to take off his underwear. Moments later Donavan was on top of her and entering a place he knew well. Roo exhaled vocally as he thrusted with urgency. She wrapper her legs around him. Her body craved him and anytime they were together she wanted more…and more. He did things to her that she never knew existed until she met him. Roo vocally exhaled with every thrust until Donavan stopped then he made his way to Roo’s special place and stayed there until she couldn’t control her body anymore and she drifted off to a place of bliss. As the feeling wore off and Donavan laid next to her Roo laid her head on his chest and smiled…This was the beginning of the best life…and she couldn’t wait.

Alf kissed Ailsa as he thrusted then he moved from his mouth to her neck. Ailsa felt guilty because she wasn’t enjoying being intimate as much as she had enjoyed earlier with Grant. She knew it was wrong and  Alf was her husband, but she felt guilty to admit that Grant was a secret she wanted again…

“Sam’s asleep” Greg said as Bobby put the cup in the sink.  Greg walked up behind Bobby and put his arms around her. Bobby exhaled then she turned around and looked at Greg. He bent down and kissed her “Remember I said I had one more present for us’ Greg said as he whispered in Bobby’s ear. Bobby sighed. She knew what Greg meant  

“Is there something wrong?” Greg said as Bobby yawned

“No, I am just really tired. I guess the last few days are now catching up to me plus I have to get ready for the NSW Council awards next week” Bobby said and she smiled

“Are you sure that is all it is” Greg said

“Yes, I am sure…why?” Bobby said

“Nothing..you have been rushed off your feet the last few days…I guess I can leave you alone to have your sleep” Greg said as he held bobby’s hand as they walked towards the door

“Did you have a good birthday and Christmas” Greg said as they got to the door

“Yes I did, it was perfect…thank you for my watch, I really like it” Bobby said as she touched the watch strap

“You’re welcome” Greg said and he looked at Bobby

“Goodnight” Greg said and he bent down to kiss Bobby

“Night” Bobby said and smiled then Greg winked at her and opened the front door. Bobby slowly closed the door and exhaled…

Caravan Park- Summer Bay

Frank couldn’t sleep. He opened his eyes and stared at the celling of the room and thought about how things were so different, and not what he expected at all. He wasn’t sure how to feel, or if he made a mistake coming home. He felt like his whole world came crashing down when he saw Greg with Bobby, and now wasn’t sure what he was going to do….

Simpson residence- Summer Bay

Bobby stared at the ceiling. She knew what Greg meant when he said he had another present for them…they had spoken about sleeping together and she was going to do it….until Frank turned up. Seeing him made all the feelings come back again...feeling that she thought she buried. Frank not being around made it easy to get on with her life..but now he was back..her thoughts were everywhere. Bobby sighed then she turned over onto her side and closed her eyes thinking of life with Greg and Sam...

Background music ends

Chapter 452

Frank picked the lock then the door opened. He slowly opened it just enough to fit in then he closed the door behind him.  He quietly looked around the kitchen then he started looking around, he saw a door open he looked inside it, the room was empty. Frank slowly made his way up the stairs the first room he came to had the door slightly open, Frank looked in to see Sam asleep. He opened another door, it was empty. He walked down the hall and opened another room which was decorated but nobody was in the room. Frank exhaled and turned around. He opened a few more doors then he opened one last one to see Bobby lying on the bed asleep.

He slowly walked up to the bed then he put his hand on bobby’s mouth. She opened her eyes and was just about to scream

“Its me” Frank said then he moved his hand from Bobby’s mouth

“Frank what are you doing” Bobby whispered as she sat up

“I wanted to see you” Frank said as Bobby sighed and shook her head.

“I’ll wait for you downstairs” Frank said as he walked out of the room. Bobby sighed then she laid back on her pillow and looked at the ceiling.

Alf slowly got up from the bed and creeped out of the bedroom. He closed the door and made his way to the living room. He opened the cabinet and took out a photo album and turned the lap on and sat down. He opened the photo album and looked at photos of Roo getting married in New York. A he looked at the photos, he could see so much joy in her eyes. She had been through so much and he thought she finally had a chance to be happy. Alf looked at Frank and remembered how sure he was that Ruthy was the one he wanted to be with. Alf closed the album and sighed hoping that his daughter was alright…

Roo smiled as she wrapped the bedsheet around her as she watched Donavan walk naked to the bathroom. When he turned the light off and closed the door, Roo lay back on the bed and smiled to herself. She was happy that she couldn’t spend time with Donavan and not feel guilty about Frank…she was happy that she could enjoy how she felt about him. Roo got up from the bed to pick up the clothes they left on the floor. She smiled as she picked up dress and his trousers. When she picked up his jacket, something fell out of the pocket. Roo smiled as she picked it up and turned it over and read it

“I love you D, and I cant wait to be your wife

“Yours forever..Nancy

Roo’s smile disappeared as reality set in. As much as she loved being with Donavan…he was still scheduled to marry Nancy in a few months, and Roo felt guilt creep back in. When she heard Donavan coming out of the bathroom. She put the jacket down and rushed back to the bed as he walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist then he dropped the towel on the floor as he got closer to the bed. Donavan began to kiss her neck then a few moments later he entered her love tunnel as all the guilt that Roo felt melted away…

Bobby exhaled as she walked downstairs to see Frank sitting at the dining table. Bobby said down opposite him

“Sorry…for coming over so late” Frank said

“What is this about?” Bobby said

“You and Greg…I didn’t know…” Frank said as he looked at Bobby

“There is something I want to say” Frank said

“You could’ve said it earlier” Bobby said

“Greg was around…he probably would’ve decked me” Frank said as Bobby looked at him

“I’m not asking you to do anything about it..but” Frank said and Bobby felt butterflies in her stomach as she sat opposite Frank

“But what?” Bobby said

“I still love you” Frank said and Bobby felt so many different emotions at once. She couldn’t believe what Frank just said. She got up from the chair and paced around as he watched her

“So things didn’t work out with Roo again and you come running back to me again to pick up the pieces” Bobby said

“Its not like that” Frank said

“How is it like Frank?” Bobby said as Frank sighed

“I love you, that’s why I came back” Frank said

“And you think I still love you?” Bobby said

“You said you would never stop loving me, and I shouldn’t forget it..and I didn’t” Frank said as all the memories came flooding back to Bobby of her saying that when they were at Shoalhaven

“That was a long time ago Frank…so much has happened since then” Bobby stopped talking

“Like what?” Frank said

“Like I've moved on now..I have Greg and Sam in my life” Bobby said

“Do you love Greg?” Frank said

“Well compare to what I had with you, my relationship with Greg is warm, happy and safe…I don’t feel like he is going to leave me” Bobby said

“But do you love him” Frank said as he stared at Bobby

“Yes I do” Bobby said then she looked down into her lap and Frank sighed. He knew she was lying. He knew her better than anybody else and she knew it, but he had no choice but to accept what she was saying to him...

“I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have come here to lay this all on you. Since I left new York I’ve being going over and over what I was going to say to you when I saw you. I wanted it to be like it was you know...I guess I lost my head” Frank said

“Its ok…it happens to the best of us” Bobby said

“This was the first place I came to before I came to the caravan park…I just wanted to see you so much” Frank said as Bobby looked at him not knowing whether to believe him

“Things are different now…I've moved on..what if Greg had been here when you broke in?” Bobby said

“I made sure his truck wasn’t parked outside” Frank said and Bobby looked at him as Frank got up from the chair and walked over to the mantle and picked up a photo of Sam

“Must be nice having Sam around” Frank said

“Yeah, he is a sweetheart..im glad he came into my life” Bobby said

“Shame it isn’t the son we planned to have” Frank said and Bobby felt her heart skip

“I think we should just leave the past in the past” Bobby said hoping that she wouldn’t start crying as Frank stared at her

“Do you want some tea or coffee?” Bobby said

“No, It’s late, I better let you get some sleep…goodnight” Frank said and he turned around and began to walk away

“Frank?” Bobby said and Frank immediately turned around

“Yeah” Frank said and Bobby sighed

“We are still best friends aren’t me…in spite of everything that has happened between us and tonight” Bobby said as she stood up and walked over to where Frank stood and stared into Franks eyes. He felt his heart break and melt at the same time as Bobby looked at him

“Yes of course…nothing can come between that” Frank said and smile

“Good, I’m glad…I’ve really missed that” Bobby said

“Yeah, me too…Goodnight” Frank said and looked at Bobby. She leaned forward and hugged him. Bobby exhaled as Frank put his arms around her. Without thinking she held onto him tight…tighter than she had intended. Holding onto him felt so right.. then she let go and looked at him

“Night” Bobby said and Frank smiled then he walked out of the house. Bobby sighed then walked outside and sat down and looked at the moon. It was shining really bright tonight and there was a star right next to it shining brightly. It reminded her of the night she went to see Frank after the cocktail party at the resort when they both said they would love each other forever….

After a few minutes of staring at the moon Bobby heard the front door open. When she looked around, she saw Grant walking in

“Hi” I wasn’t expecting anyone to be awake” Grant said as he walked towards Bobby who sat out in the garden. It was still really warm outside

“I couldn’t sleep” Bobby said and smiled

“I tried to make it back for Carols but Tammy wouldn’t let me go” Grant said and smiled

“How are Viv and Tammy?” Bobby said

“Doing really good. They said hello to everyone, and thank you for their presents “Grant said

“How are they getting on with their dad?” Bobby said

“Good, I think they are adjusting pretty well. They still wish they were in Summer bay though” Grant said

“Yeah , we can’t always get rid of the past when we are trying to move on” Bobby said 

“Is everything alright?” Grant said

“Yeah fine..its just been a long day..I am going to bed” Bobby said and got up

“Ok, good night” Grant said and followed Bobby into the the house and locked the door as Bobby began walking towards the stairs

“Oh by the way, when I was leaving I found some bloke knocking on the door” Grant said and Bobby sighed and turned around

“I asked him for a name but he said it was a surprise. He is about this tall, dark hair with devilishly good looks” Grant said and Bobby exhaled…Frank was telling the truth…

“Yeah..it was Frank” Bobby said

“Frank….Tom’s dad, and your ex Frank?”  Grant said with a surprised look on his face

“Yeah…anyway goodnight” Bobby said and she slowly made her way up the stairs as Grant raised his eyebrows surprised. He turned the light off and walked into his room and closed the door. He put his bag down, and turned on the lamp on his bedside table and took his clothes off, leaving just his underwear on. He pulled his blankets back and was just about to get into bed when he noticed something fall. He bent down and picked it up. It was a hair pin…Ailsa’s. Grant exhaled and got into bed and put the hair pin on the bedside table and turned the light off as he remembered him and Ailsa having sex and how much he enjoyed it…

Background music ends

Chapter 453

Beach Summer Bay

Frank walked along the beach. The sun was still rising and he didn’t sleep much. As he walked he thought about what Bobby said last night about being in love with Greg and he sighed. He really wasn’t expecting that, and was somewhat annoyed at Pippa for not telling him. Maybe if she did, he probably wouldn’t have come back…he probably wouldn’t have hit Bret…maybe he and Roo could’ve tried one more time to make it work. He didn’t know, but what he knew is that he hated New York, and is was his home…but it wasn’t feeling much like home right now…

“G’day” Frank looked around to see the guy he saw yesterday at Bobby’s house

“Frank right?” Grant said as Frank looked at him

“Yeah” Frank said

“We weren’t introduced properly yesterday. My name is Grant, I live at the beach house” Grant said and he held out his hand. Frank looked at Grants hand.

“Oh sorry” Grant said and he wiped his hand on his towel then Frank shook his hand

“The waves are great at this time…you might have time if you get in now” Grant said

“I’m not a surfer” Frank said

“oh…right…So, what brings you back to town?” Grant said as he wiped his body

“You ask a lot of questions” Frank said as she looked at Grant then he walked away….

Roo opened her eyes when she heard the phone. She got out of bed as quickly as she could so the ringing wouldn’t wake Donavan. She grabbed his shirt and put it on then rushed to the phone

“Hello” Roo said as she sat down on the couch

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

“Oh Ruthy love…you’ve had me scared out of my mind” Alf said as he put his hand on his chest

“Hi Dad…Merry Christmas, I was going to phone you yesterday” Roo said

“I tried you several times…I thought something happened to you” Alf said

“I went to dinner at my bosses house, and got home pretty late” Roo said

"As long as you're alright" Alf said

"I'm fine" Roo said

“Love, I saw Frank yesterday…he told me you two have split up..is that true?” Alf said and Roo sighed

“I was going to write to you and explain everything” Roo said

“That mongrel, he looked me in the eye and said you were the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with” Alf said

“Dad its not Franks fault..we both decided to end it, because we want different things in life” Roo said

“But Ruthy, he left you there all on your own with all those muggers and rapists” Alf said

“Dad, I chose to stay here…I’m really happy here. I love my job, my friends…this is where I want to be” Roo said

“Love, you’re so far away, come home” Alf said

“Dad I cant, look at what my life was like in Summer Bay. If I come back it will be the same…the memories of giving up Martha, working at a dead end job with people talking and whispering behind my back..I don’t want that..I want to be here” Roo said

Stewart Shop- Summer Bay

Alf sighed. His daughter was right. Being out of Summer Bay was the happiest he had seen her

“I suppose its your life love..I’m just worried about you, that’s all” Alf said and sighed

“I know Dad, but you don’t need to worry..this is the happiest I’ve ever been in my life....please Dad…just give me your blessing” Roo said and Alf sighed. He had to admit that he sheltered his daughter so much..maybe because he felt he had to compensate for her mum passing away

“Alright love..you have my blessing..but if you need anything…anything..just let me know, and I’ll be on the first flight out there” Alf said

Roo smiled

“Thanks Dad” Roo said

“I better let you get back to bed, it must be really early over there” Alf said

“Yeah, it is” Roo said

“Alright Ruthy..I love you” Alf said

“I love you too Dad. Give my love to Ailsa and Duncan” Roo said

“I will love, bye bye” Alf said

“Bye Dad” Roo said and she put the phone down and sighed and leaned back on the couch. As Roo looked at Donavan’s clothes on the chair reality began to set in with guilt…she wasn’t going to do this again..Nancy was her friend…the first person to make her feel welcome..and she was betraying her. She didn’t want to go through what she did in Summer Bay with Frank…the whispers and the stares…she didn’t want that….and when Donavan woke up, she was going to tell him that it was over…

I wont be a moment” Ailsa called out from the kitchen when she heard the diner door open

“Frank” Ailsa said as she walked to the counter. Frank smiled

“Its nice to see you” Ailsa said and she hugged him

“Thanks…just a coffee please” Frank said and smiled

“I didn’t expect to see you up this early, I thought you would have jet lag. Alf and I were all of sorts when we got back from New York” Ailsa said as she poured the coffee

“I guess it hasn’t kicked in yet” Frank said as Ailsa put the coffee in front of him

“Good luck when it does” Ailsa and Frank smiled

"Pippa must be really thrilled that you're home" Ailsa said

"Yeah, she is" Frank said and sigehd

“You know Frank.…you have stirred a hornet's nest coming back like this” Ailsa said

“I guess you and Alf had a long conversation when he got back from the Caravan park” Frank said and he put some milk in his coffee

“He is just really worried about Roo” Ailsa said

“He has no need to be, she loves it over there, you saw when you came. She’s doing really really well” Frank said and sighed

“Its not Roo I am worried about…its Bobby” Ailsa said

“ I am not here to hurt Bobby so you don’t have to worry about it” Frank said

“I worry Frank because it took her a long time to get over you..she is finally happy after everything that happened” Ails stopped talking

“I know I hurt her “Frank said as he looked at Ailsa

“And now she is happy with Greg and Sam” Ailsa said

“Is she?” Frank said

“It seems pretty permanent to me” Ailsa said as she looked at Frank who took some money out of his pocket

“No, the coffee is on the house” Ailsa said and smiled

“No its ok…we’re not family anymore” Frank said and put the money on the counter and walked out of the diner as Ailsa looked at him and sighed…

Background music ends

Barnet Residence- Summer Bay

Nick yawned as he quietly closed the bedroom door and smiled. Julie was still asleep, and he wanted to make her breakfast in bed. He walked into the kitchen to see Greg eating cereal

“Morning” Greg said and yawned

“Morning” Nick said and rubbed his eye

“I thought you were working none stop this weekend?” Greg said

“Some else was scheduled to work, so I took the night off…How was your Christmas?” Nick said

“Yeah..really good” Greg said then Greg sighed

“Doesn’t sound like it” Nick said

“Well it was good until Bobby’s ex husband turned up” Greg said

“Ex husband? I didn’t know she was married” Nick said

“Yeah..a couple of years ago..her and this bloke were foster kids together and they fell in love then he broke it of and went to America” Greg said annoyed

“And now he’s back home?” Nick said

“Yeah” Greg said

“do you have a problem with it?” Nick said

“I don’t know…its just that…me and Bobby we’re just getting together, and this bloke magically turns up” Greg said

“You think she still has feeling for him or something? Nick said

“No..I don’t know” Greg said

“You said you are committed to each other?” Nick said

“Yeah…we are…I was probably just being silly anyway…she still loves me, and that’s all that matters” Greg said and smiled as he continued eating his cereal…

“Good morning Donald…you’re up and about nice and early” Ailsa said as Donald walked to the counter

“Yes.. I wasn’t sure that you would be open today: Donald said

“Funny enough, we’ve actually been busy this morning…what can I get you?” Ailsa said

“Just a coffee thanks” Donald said

“Did you enjoy Christmas with Barbra and Rebecca?” Ailsa said

“Yes I did, thank you. Barbra sends her best” Donald said

“I haven’t spoken to her for a while, I’ll be sure to give her a ring” Ailsa said as she made the coffee for Donald

“Ailsa, do you have a few minutes” Donald said as Colleen swept near the counter

“Sure, come into the office” Ailsa said and she looked at Colleen who gave her a look then they walked into the office and closed the door

“Have a seat…what’s on your mind” Ailsa said as her and Donald both sat down

“Yesterday at dinner…I asked Barbra to move in with me” Donald said

“The fact that we are sitting here means she probably didn’t give you the answer you wanted” Ailsa said and Donald nodded

“Well, the two of you have been apart for a long time…you cant just expect her to pack up and move her whole life here” Ailsa said

“I know..it was selfish of me to just assume she would. Having David and Lucinda in the house just made me miss having my family around” Donald said

“I know…so what exactly did Barbra say?” Ailsa said

“Well, she didn’t say no, just that we should see how things go whatever that means” Donald said

“That’s not all bad Don…it just means she happy with the way things are and if things go that direction, they will do so organically” Ailsa said

“I suppose they will..thanks…sorry for being selfish, I didn’t ask you how your Christmas was” Donald said

“An interesting one to say the least..I don’t think Alf got a wink of sleep” Ailsa said

“Oh? I hope nothing is wrong” Donald said and Ailsa looked at him surprised

“You haven’t heard have you?” Donald said confused as Ailsa sighed….

Bobby turned the pages of the wedding album. The memories were still so fresh in her mind…as if it happened yesterday. She looked at how much love her and Frank both had in their eyes for each other. She remembered when they said their own vows…and promised to love each other forever…

“Bobby I’m ready” Sam said as he came down the stairs and Bobby pushed the photo album under the cushion on the couch and stood up

“So you got your juice and your sandwich “ Bobby was interrupted

“And my book” Sam said and he smiled

“I want you to be a good boy for your dad ok” Bobby said as Grant came in

“Morning:” Grant said

“Hi” Bobby said

“Are you off on an adventure Sam?” Grant said

“Im just taking him over to Greg’s. He’s watching him while I get the menus and stuff started at the resort …see you later..come on Sam” Bobby said and began to walk towards the door

“Hey, I met Frank at the beach earlier” Grant said and Bobby froze then she turned around and looked at Grant

“Oh really…what did he say” Bobby said

Knock at the door

“I’ll get it” Grant said

“Grant Merry Christmas” Donald said as Grant opened the door

“Merry Christmas” Grant said

“I would like to see Bobby please” Donald said and Grant turned around. Bobby nodded her head and Grant opened the door and Donald walked into the house

“I’m going to have a shower” Grant said and he walked away

“Hello Grandpa Donald” Sam said

“Hello Sam, it looks like Santa Claus left these presents at my house for you” Donald said and Sam laughed

“What do you say?” Bobby said

“Thank you” Sam said as Donald put the presents on the table and Sam began to open them. Donald walked into the kitchen where Bobby was standing

“This is for you” Donald said and he put a wrapped gift in the counter

“Thanks” Bobby said

“Bobby I’ve behaved very badly and I know that I keep apologizing and doing it again. I am ashamed of myself” Donald said

“Yes you have…you’ve said some really hurtful things when all I have ever asked is that you just let me live my life and make my own mistakes” Bobby said

“I know, but I’ve see how much you’ve been hurt, and I just don’t want to see that again” Donald said

“I don’t want that either…but I’m happy ” Bobby said

“If you are happy..i’ll accept that and be happy for you” Donald said and smiled

“Thanks” Bobby said and Donald leaned forward and gave her a hug

“Your present is under the tree” Bobby said and Donald laughed

“So how is Greg?” Donald said

“Good, I’m actually off to his place. He’s looking after Sam for the day while I get some work done at the resort and the diner” Bobby said

“I can take him over if you want…gives me and Greg an opportunity to get to know each other better” Donald said and Bobby smiled

“Thanks” Bobby said

“Sorry I didn’t get back in time for eggnog and Carol singing..I hope I didn’t miss anything” Donald said and Bobby looked at him and sighed

“So you heard that Frank is back” Bobby said

“Yes, I did hear in passing” Donald said

“So is that why you came here this morning…and suddenly have the urge to get to know Greg better?” Bobby said and she folded her arms

“No..not at all..I just…well…I know you had very strong feelings for him..and I know the effect he has on you you…and” Donald was interrupted

“Had on me…ancient history. I've spoken to Frank..everything is fine…we have both moved on from the past..we’re just friends” Bobby said as Donald looked at her

“Well, I’m relieved to hear you say so” Donald said not convinced

“Grandpa Donald, how do I do this?” Sam said and Donald walked over to the couch and sat down. He was just about to take the toy from Sam when he felt something digging into his leg. He moved the cushion and picked up the wedding photo album

“Bobby what are you doing with this?” Donald said and Bobby turned around and rushed over and grabbed the photo album

“So I had it out and I was looking at it. All it did was remind myself of a mistake I made a long time ago, and how much I’ve grown up since then" Bobby said as Donald looked at her

" Dad do you really think I would give up Greg, Sam, and everything else I’ve built up in Summer Bay for someone who left me to marry someone else?” Bobby said as Greg walked out of the bathroom and into his room

“I’d like to think you wouldn’t’ Donald said

“But you don’t believe me?” Bobby said

“I didn’t say that” Donald said

“I know you think I do a lot of stupid things, but going back to Frank isn’t one of them…I love Greg and I love Sam, and there is no way that I would do anything to hurt either one of them” Bobby said as Donald looked at her unsure. Grant closed the door and sighed…wondering if he also believed what Bobby was saying…

Background music ends…

Archived