Update again soon :)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Kristen said:

Don popping by at least he didn’t walk in on Shane and Shannon 

9 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Don popping by is something that could easily happen on screen!

Don has bad timing but at least he knows how to knock!

23 hours ago, Kristen said:

Shannon’s pregnant uh-oh

11 hours ago, chair said:

I wonder how Shane will react to the pregnancy.

So Shannon's in the club... I wonder how Michael's gonna react and all?

Yep, a few people are going to have some thoughts on that!

I guess women beginning with the letter 'S' are not immune to Curtis' charms!

It seemed to pretty much be a contractual requirement for teenage girls c.1995: I think there was a point where Sally, Sarah, Shannon and Selina were all on the show. If they all had monogrammed towels, it could have been very confusing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Great Chapter 

Shannon telling Shane at first and getting that reaction 

liked Pippa and Michael being so calm
glad Shane sorted out his feelings 

Update again soon :)

Thanks @Red Ranger 1  I was thinking that Shane was Shannon's first but I shouldn't have just assumed that. I'm glad they've talked this through and Shane is going to support her.

Curtis and Shannon were adopted by a woman elsewhere (brought up as brother and sister but not blood related.) The woman died in a car crash when they were 15.  They wanted to stay together or close by Shannon was fostered by Pippa and Michael, Curtis was fostered by Alf and Ailsa as neither had room for them both at the time.

(Isla Fisher played Shannon. She has since appeared in a few movies including The Wedding Crashers and Confessions of a Shopaholic.  She is married to Sacha Baron Cohen in RL.  Not sure what happened to Shane Ammann who played Curtis.)

Edited by chair
  • Like 1

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 06:04, Kristen said:

liked Pippa and Michael being so calm

Yes, I thought they would have learned from past mistakes.

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 18:21, Summer's Bay said:

How old is Sally in this fanfiction, and who is Curtis?

I had to think about it, but we're far enough into 1996 for Sally to be 17. As above, Curtis was Shannon's adopted brother and one-time boyfriend who was fostered by Alf and Ailsa at the same time she was fostered by Michael and Pippa.

https://www.backtothebay.net/characters/reed_curtis/

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 20:07, chair said:

I was thinking that Shane was Shannon's first but I shouldn't have just assumed that.

In the show, I believe Shannon and Alex first slept together shortly before Shane died.It's occurred to me that I'm not sure how much of those episodes happened in this fiction, but something along those lines did!

Thank you for the comments, everyone!

• Like 1

In the show Sally would be Y11.  Sally isn't repeating or advanced in school years (apart from Maths.)  Is she probably 16 as I think Selina and Shannon are meant to be 17.  Sorry to be awkward, it's just I used to think the average age for Y12 is 18 but apparently it's 17.

2 hours ago, chair said:

In the show Sally would be Y11.  Sally isn't repeating or advanced in school years (apart from Maths.)  Is she probably 16 as I think Selina and Shannon are meant to be 17.  Sorry to be awkward, it's just I used to think the average age for Y12 is 18 but apparently it's 17.

In the show, Sally turned 17 in March 1996, the day she met Peter Moss, and would turn 21 in early 2000. I'm assuming Selina and Shannon are about 18 but they may not be.As I understand it, Year 11 without repeating would be between 15 and 17, Year 12 would be between 16 and 18 because people start school at different ages depending on when their birthday is and when their parents choose to send them.