Legendary characters/relationships of recent times

project90

Out of recent times, so let's stay in last decade (rough time frame doesn't have be exact) what characters do you think have made it into hall of fame of unforgettable and well loved characters?  What marriages or even relationships in last decade or so do you think will go down as memorable?

I'm not sure if Roo or Marilyn were considered Legenadary...maybe Marilyn but I feel with them both returning 10 years ago and still on the show, they've definitely reached that...John too. I think Brax is also legendary status - in and put for about 5.5 years and the Braxtons dominated the show at this point - with Brax at the forefront. I dont know who else wpuld be considered legendary in the last 10 years - maybe VJ as he became more prominent.

Memorable relationships in the last 10 years

-Romeo and Indi

-Dex and April

-Bianca and Liam

-Bianca and Heath

- Marilyn and John

- John and Gina

- Brax and Charlie

- Brax and Ricky

- Ben and Maggie

-Hunter and Olivia

-Ziggy and Brody

Justin and Leah have potential 

This is possibly going to be a bit negative at times because I often find myself at odds with the majority but:

John definitely. He made his debut more than a decade ago, although technically he didn't become a regular until 2011, but I'm going to mention him here anyway.It's not just the longevity but the fact he has a colourful personality which makes him stand out.

Love them or loathe them, definitely the Braxtons, specifically the original three. (Sorry, but as much as I like Kyle I don't think he reached the same stature.) They've pretty much become the model for a lot of characters introduced since, from the Barretts to the Willow/Dean/Colby trio to the Paratas and even the Morgans to a degree, especially at the beginning.

Potentially controversial and I might be proved wrong but I'm going to list Billie and her relationship with VJ here.She was on the show a relatively short space of time but she was at the forefront throughout and got a memorable exit.

I've ummed and ahhed a bit over Zac, given how prominent he was at one point basically take over as the father figure of the caravan park house but really I don't think he's distinctive enough to qualify.

In terms of relationships, I have to say Dexter and April. I think it was to their detriment as individuals, but ultimately the show and many of the audience do seem to treat them as intrinsically linked.

2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

This is possibly going to be a bit negative at times because I often find myself at odds with the majority but:

John definitely. He made his debut more than a decade ago, although technically he didn't become a regular until 2011, but I'm going to mention him here anyway.It's not just the longevity but the fact he has a colourful personality which makes him stand out.

Love them or loathe them, definitely the Braxtons, specifically the original three. (Sorry, but as much as I like Kyle I don't think he reached the same stature.) They've pretty much become the model for a lot of characters introduced since, from the Barretts to the Willow/Dean/Colby trio to the Paratas and even the Morgans to a degree, especially at the beginning.

Potentially controversial and I might be proved wrong but I'm going to list Billie and her relationship with VJ here.She was on the show a relatively short space of time but she was at the forefront throughout and got a memorable exit.

I've ummed and ahhed a bit over Zac, given how prominent he was at one point basically take over as the father figure of the caravan park house but really I don't think he's distinctive enough to qualify.

In terms of relationships, I have to say Dexter and April. I think it was to their detriment as individuals, but ultimately the show and many of the audience do seem to treat them as intrinsically linked.

Agreed. Especially with Zac and the VJ + Billie relationship. The relationship was short lived but the storyline for it dominated 2016 and after Billies death it still continued till late 2017 but as a custody battle. Zac was a father figure for the Caravan Park for a while though he was on the show for nearly 4.5 half years he was only a father figure for about half that.

The Braxton formula has tried to be replicated numerous times since. In a way, the Holdens were almost a prototype of what would eventually become the Braxtons.

6 minutes ago, hapitoby said:

Agreed. Especially with Zac and the VJ + Billie relationship. The relationship was short lived but the storyline for it dominated 2016 and after Billies death it still continued till late 2017 but as a custody battle. Zac was a father figure for the Caravan Park for a while though he was on the show for nearly 4.5 half years he was only a father figure for about half that.

The Braxton formula has tried to be replicated numerous times since. In a way, the Holdens were almost a prototype of what would eventually become the Braxtons.

I look at Holdens as eventually extension to Hunters. 

Ok here is my list this is from 2010 up

Characters

Ziggy

Ben

Brody

Tori

Oscar

Evie

Indi

Romeo

Bianca

Heath

April

Maddy

Ruby

Casey

Brax

Ricky 

Kyle

Phoebe

As for relationships

Brody and Ziggy

Heath and Bianca

Dex and April

Ben and Maggie - as much as I preferred him with Gemma or Karen

Romeo and Indi

Casey and Ruby

Brax and Ricky 

Kyle and Phoebe

Ash and Tori

Oscar and Maddy

Spencer and Maddy

Josh and Evie 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with most of the ones mentioned already.

I think Ziggy/Dean could be, but it depends on how things end up as they are rocky. (Mostly for the fact they're dating in real life though - I do think that tends to help a couple gain traction press-wise and be more memorable) Also just Dean on his own too.

Ruby I think was quite iconic (maybe not liked lol) but I do think a lot of people remember her.

Maybe Justin and Tori? I haven't always liked them but they have stayed longer than I've expected them to, and I think that helps.

Ricky - again I don't think she was always well-liked, but they did push her and Brax as the new 'it couple' after Charlie died.

Matt - I feel like he had some of the more 'scandalous' storylines during his time and that definitely made him memorable.

I know I haven't been as active as I used to be, so hope everyone's healthy and safe. And with that said, here's my personal legendary characters who made their appearance within the last decade or close enough to it that left an impact:

The Braxtons

Marilyn, John and Roo.

Dex Walker, Sid Walker and Sasha Bezmel. 

Evie and Oscar Maguire. 

Billie Ashford. 

Justin and Tori Morgan. 

Jett James. 

Ben, Maggie and Ziggy Astoni.

Matt Page.

Robbo.

Charlie and Ruby Buckton. 

Ryder Jackson. 

Maddy Osborne.

Chris Harrington. 

Tamara Kingsley