Sign in to follow this  
j.laur5

Why were so many characters in background in early years?.

I do think the show did lose its comedy element when Des Monaghan took over. It became a much more serious show by the end of 1989 and seemed to stay that way. Neighbours never lost its comedy element.

2 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I do think the show did lose its comedy element when Des Monaghan took over. It became a much more serious show by the end of 1989 and seemed to stay that way. Neighbours never lost its comedy element.

Except briefly when Hazza took a swim to Tazzie unexpectedly and Joe and Mel took off to England. There was that lengthy period of flatness until Beth, David turned up in their "Oh crap, we've killed pervy stepdad" storyline and the fallout from Glen's accident.

In 1995, they overdid the comedy, though.

On 31/08/2020 at 12:48, j.laur5 said:

Floss and Neville-Fun and warm characters but I think anyone can see why they did not last distance. 

Martin and Lance -After there band storyline they pretty much were sidelined for rest of there time. 

Celia-Her character had potential but she was basically used for background things like hamburger stand and taken over selling  Morag house up etc 

Matt Wilson- I think would be better if they married Carly and Ben and not bought in Bens character as Matt character was basically background character.

Nick-Was basically just around to give punishments to Shane in his final months or so.

Finlay -Basically floating in back in her final months like Nick.

I agree. I think they could’ve easily made Matt a main character, and the hunk of the show.