Character Interactions?

UK_fan

Anyone else tired of seeing the same characters interacting?

I want TPTB to mix it up and to have different characters interacting obviously with logical character driven reasons and not just for plot reasons to be forgotten about, utilise the cast more because I want to see some of the cast who probably don't get to work together as much share at least some scenes together or to get the chance to work together quite a bit more.

I think characters interacting far better then has be in Braxton era.

Take Kyle for example he stayed longest out of Braxton brothers and never had scene at Summer Bay house or School or Irene house.

Also with obviously problems right  now  is they might  need be separated more at moment.

I agree, the characters interact much more than they did a few years ago, but I generally find that there are the core characters, the Stewarts, the Palmers and Irene - Leah has sort of been taken out of that now she’s with Justin, but the rest of the characters are on the periphery of that and they’ll interact with the core, but rarely those who are also on the periphery.

Aside from Justin, the Morgans (counting Leah with them now) rarely interact/interacted with the Astonis once Ziggy & Brody split and still Ziggy doesn’t interact a lot with Tori or Leah. 

Colby, Dean, Bella & Willow rarely interact with the Morgans.

The Paratas rarely interact with Willow or Dean despite Dean’s connection to Ari and Ari’s connection to Mac.

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion TPTB have made the same mistake with the Paratas as that had in the past with the Braxtons - after 9 months on the show they still are not part of the community. While the Braxtons were on the show there were two shows, the Braxton's show and H&A. 

First of all I am annoyed that Gemma was only the guest character. Even though I think if she stayed she would be side kick character (like Mason to the Morgans and Oscar to the MacGuires), but she would still be the voice of the reason and one that puts everyone back to their place. I believe that they will try and make Mac (of all people) the matriarch of the family which will be just awful (IMO Bianca was never really the right fit for the Braxtons). 

I'm also annoyed that they missed the opportunity to develop Marilyn and Gemma's friendship. While Gemma and Nik were living with Marilyn they didn't really have a lot of scenes together and most of the time the Parates looked terrified (I know it's because of John, but still). Marilyn was only 2 times at the Paratas house (at the hangi and the night before Gemma left). It's shame because Marilyn could have the same relationship with them as she's got with the Morgans. Speaking of the Morgans, I think that Ari should really hang out with Justin (so that Justin doesn't have to hang out with John and Alf all the time). 

Also, Ari and Dean were best friends in jail, but Dean was at the Parata's house for the first time only recently? Seriously? I understand that Ari didn't want people to know that he was in jail, but it's been a while now since he came to the Bay. Not to mention that he is dating Dean's sister. 

Tane should be hanging out with Dean, Willow, Ziggy even Colby, but they continue to put him in this endless love triangle. Nik has only got Bella and Ryder, even if TPTB don't want to introduce high school kids, they can still introduce some new characters their age.

The bottom line is that currently the Paratas are only really connected to Mac, Ryder and Bella. 

15 hours ago, Lila_Q said:

In my opinion TPTB have made the same mistake with the Paratas as that had in the past with the Braxtons - after 9 months on the show they still are not part of the community. While the Braxtons were on the show there were two shows, the Braxton's show and H&A. 

First of all I am annoyed that Gemma was only the guest character. Even though I think if she stayed she would be side kick character (like Mason to the Morgans and Oscar to the MacGuires), but she would still be the voice of the reason and one that puts everyone back to their place. I believe that they will try and make Mac (of all people) the matriarch of the family which will be just awful (IMO Bianca was never really the right fit for the Braxtons). 

I'm also annoyed that they missed the opportunity to develop Marilyn and Gemma's friendship. While Gemma and Nik were living with Marilyn they didn't really have a lot of scenes together and most of the time the Parates looked terrified (I know it's because of John, but still). Marilyn was only 2 times at the Paratas house (at the hangi and the night before Gemma left). It's shame because Marilyn could have the same relationship with them as she's got with the Morgans. Speaking of the Morgans, I think that Ari should really hang out with Justin (so that Justin doesn't have to hang out with John and Alf all the time). 

Also, Ari and Dean were best friends in jail, but Dean was at the Parata's house for the first time only recently? Seriously? I understand that Ari didn't want people to know that he was in jail, but it's been a while now since he came to the Bay. Not to mention that he is dating Dean's sister. 

Tane should be hanging out with Dean, Willow, Ziggy even Colby, but they continue to put him in this endless love triangle. Nik has only got Bella and Ryder, even if TPTB don't want to introduce high school kids, they can still introduce some new characters their age.

The bottom line is that currently the Paratas are only really connected to Mac, Ryder and Bella. 

I agree they are very ostracised and I think that's also why they aren't overly popular. Not the greatest actors in the world, Ari's in an unpopular pairing with Mac and they barely share scenes with anyone other than Ryder, Bella and Mac. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think the issue is is that a lot of the interacting at the moment is between families mostly. Tori spends most of her time with interacting with Justin (and maybe Roo, then Irene), then theres Willow/Dean/Colby/Bella (and Ziggy I guess), then Mac has kind of become more involved in the Paratas rather than Dean. Plus Roo/Ryder/Alf when he's around I guess.

A lot of the friendships feel a bit sidelined at times unless they actually have stuff going on in their lives to discuss, or they work together.

34 minutes ago, Lunar said:

I think the issue is is that a lot of the interacting at the moment is between families mostly. Tori spends most of her time with interacting with Justin (and maybe Roo, then Irene), then theres Willow/Dean/Colby/Bella (and Ziggy I guess), then Mac has kind of become more involved in the Paratas rather than Dean. Plus Roo/Ryder/Alf when he's around I guess.

A lot of the friendships feel a bit sidelined at times unless they actually have stuff going on in their lives to discuss, or they work together.

It might be because of  coronavirus that they keeping them in groups. 

Irene stands out for me in this area. She's always across jasmine and willow etc as she's have them live with her obviously. But even when jasmine was with robbo and living in the apartment I always noticed when Irene was checking in on her and concerned for her etc. I think she interacts quite well outside of the "oldies" 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/08/2020 at 23:25, j.laur5 said:

I think characters interacting far better then has be in Braxton era.

Take Kyle for example he stayed longest out of Braxton brothers and never had scene at Summer Bay house or School or Irene house.

Also with obviously problems right  now  is they might  need be separated more at moment.

Kyle had little reason to be at the school unless he was a music teacher (stretching a bit)/boilerman/janitor (His record most likely would have DQed him from all) or resitting (Doubt school would be his thing) and he wasn't especially close to Irene.

Archived