actorandlyricist

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
On 03/09/2020 at 23:19, Jezz said:

Her longevity is impressive.

Though I always maintain Leah should have been written out with Dan at the end of 2007. It would have been the right time for her to move on in my opinion.

In hindsight, you're probably right. I guess the problem was that Kate Ritchie left in early 2008, so the producers probably wanted to keep Leah as a young long-termer and perhaps even to replace Sally as the show's "darling". No one knew what sort of impact Sally's departure would have on the show, so I'm guessing the producers felt it was too big of a risk to lose Leah too? At that stage, I think the only characters who'd been around longer than her were Alf, Irene and Colleen? 

I like Leah and am glad she's still around, but agree that at times she's felt a bit like an extra.

I think VJ and Luc leaving, plus the fallout of her marriage with Zac (and the whole family unit they had there) meant they really didn't know what to do with her for many years.

I guess her being with Justin is nice as it at least means she can be an aunt, but I'd still love to see her become the next foster mum, or maybe go through a career change at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived