Thoughts on Ben and Ziggy Father Daughter Relationship

KKB

This is a relationship I used to love but I took a hiatus from the show for awhile  but once I heard Ben was leaving I decided to watch his final ep and it made me realise how much I was going to miss this relationship so I have gone back and watched episodes or storylines featuring it. It is just a really really sweet and adorable relationship and drew me back into the show despite only watching the Ziggy scenes now that Ben has left. 

Here's some evidence to prove how sweet they are on the show ........

1) Ziggy sides with Ben - When Maggie's affair was revealed Ziggy immediately took Ben's side and stood by him no matter what. 

2) Ziggy confiding in Ben about her and Brody struggling  to find similar goals - Ziggy talked to Ben about how her and Brody could not find common ground on what they wanted for the future and she telling him she usually let the future take care of itself and him saying that he is the same. 

3) Ziggy going to Ben after she got drunk - Ziggy went to Ben after getting drunk and telling him she thinks her marriage is over and they have a really sweet father daughter heart to heart. 

4) Ziggy telling Ben before Maggie she changed her mind about kids - Ziggy informed Ben she changed her mind and was considering have a baby with Brody. 

5) Ziggy going straight to Ben after finding Brody and Simone together - A distraught Ziggy goes to the farm and immediately breaks down hugging her Dad and telling him about finding her husband with another woman. 

6) Ziggy not wanting anyone else besides Ben being her Dad - When Ziggy thought Ben might not off being her father she told him that she didn't want him not to be her Dad.

7) Ziggy being more understanding then Maggie during Ben's depression - Ziggy was way more patient and understanding when Ben was struggling with his depression and told Maggie to cut him some slack 

8 ) Ziggy telling Ben not to go - When Maggie kicked Ben out Ziggy told him not to go and they kissed on cheek. 

9) Ziggy really excited to see Ben after he left for a few days - After the affair was out Ben decided he needed time out so he left town for a surf trip down the coast and saw Ziggy on the beach upon his return and she ran and hugged him and said that its really good he's back. 

10) Ziggy supporting Ben during Maggies cancer - Many issues arose during this storyline including the fact at one point Maggie wanted to stop treatment and Ben told Ziggy and Ziggy helped him try to convince Maggie and Ziggy supported him when he spotted bruises on Maggie. 

11) Ben wanting to make things better for Ziggy after Brody split - Ben and Ziggy ganged up on Maggie wanting her to fire Simone and Ben later revealed to Maggie he just wants to make things better for Ziggy. 

12) Ben figuring out Brody and Ziggy were done 2017 - After a surf with Ziggy after days of feuding and seeing the signs Ben guessed her and Brody were over and Ziggy admitted it to him. 

13) Ben punching Brody in Ziggy's honor - When Ben thought Brody was trying to assault Ziggy he went over there and punched him defending Ziggy.

14) Ben learning to dance just to do the Father/Daughter Dance with Ziggy on her Wedding Day - Ben didn't even dance with Maggie on their wedding day but learned how to just so he could dance with Ziggy on her wedding day. 

15) Ben reassuring Ziggy - When he was arrested Ben reassured a distraught Ziggy that he would be ok. 

16) Ben making Ziggy surfboards - Even though he smashed the first one Ben made his daughter her very own surfboards. 

17) Ben telling Ziggy she's the best girl in the world - After sending a bunch of drunken messages to Brody Ziggy tells Ben she's pathetic then he corrects her and tells her she's the best girl in the world and not to forget it (I wonder if this is before Maggie) 

18) Ben supporting Ziggy - When Ziggy punched Brody instead of lecturing her he supported in to a degree. 

19) Ben trying to help Ziggy for her future with Brody - Ben kept trying to help Ziggy in planning her future with Brody including showing her houses she could do up. 

20) Ben telling Ziggy she will always be his Daughter and that won't change - When Ziggy's paternity was in question Ben told Ziggy she will always be his daughter and that won't change. 

one thing about his final ep I was annoyed with is we didn't get an solo scene between these 2 - I will miss them

what are you thoughts on their father daughter dynamic

When they first arrived on the show, it was established that Ziggy and Maggie had a pretty strained relationship and Ziggy harboured guilt over Maggie's accident at their previous school. It makes sense that Ben and Ziggy would have a much closer relationship even when Ziggy and Maggie patched things up. Coco and Maggie also seemed closer.

12 hours ago, hapitoby said:

When they first arrived on the show, it was established that Ziggy and Maggie had a pretty strained relationship and Ziggy harboured guilt over Maggie's accident at their previous school. It makes sense that Ben and Ziggy would have a much closer relationship even when Ziggy and Maggie patched things up. Coco and Maggie also seemed closer.

This is totally true and I agree about Ben and Ziggy being closer and Maggie and Coco being closer. Coco was so under rated

2 hours ago, KKB said:

This is totally true and I agree about Ben and Ziggy being closer and Maggie and Coco being closer. Coco was so under rated

I agree. Coco and Ziggy also didn't seem that close initially. I'm disappointed that they didn't bring Coco back like we were told. I thought she was going to be coming and going...

4 hours ago, hapitoby said:

I agree. Coco and Ziggy also didn't seem that close initially. I'm disappointed that they didn't bring Coco back like we were told. I thought she was going to be coming and going...

no they didn't put their final scene before she originally left was so sweet and I know right what a disappointment

13 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

In soapland it's a lot like that.

Example, Emmerdale Laurel was closer to Doug than she was to Hilary (even before Doug and Hilary separated) who was closer to Caroline.

im confused how does relate to ben and Ziggy

Archived