Actors who auditioned for other roles

adam436

7 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Justine Clarke auditioned for the role of Carly , Bobby and I think Lynn as well. I think the role of Roo was perfect for her

I can definitely see Justine as Carly, but she looked too old to play Lynn and it's hard to imagine anyone other than Nicole Dickson as Bobby. I'm sure Justine would have made the role her own though if she'd been cast. 

2 hours ago, Sally Keating said:

She was great as Roo but sadly for Justine, playing a villain (and the audience reaction to that) affected her badly resulting in such an early exit. It may have worked out better for us had she played another part and someone else played Roo, who may have stayed on longer. I often wonder how different the show may have been had Roo stayed on. Her exit always feels like it comes way too early for me.

And probably affected Justine not returning over the years too :(

Roo seemed like a spare part for her last few months so it's hard to see where the writers would have taken the character for another few years, but that could be because the writers knew Justine was leaving. After the cancelled wedding and giving up Martha, Roo didn't really have any major storylines until her exit story. She had romances with guest characters David and Simon, but not much else. Maybe it just feels like she didn't do much because her first year was so full-on. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 26/06/2020 at 06:52, adam436 said:

I can definitely see Justine as Carly, but she looked too old to play Lynn and it's hard to imagine anyone other than Nicole Dickson as Bobby. I'm sure Justine would have made the role her own though if she'd been cast. 

And probably affected Justine not returning over the years too :(

Roo seemed like a spare part for her last few months so it's hard to see where the writers would have taken the character for another few years, but that could be because the writers knew Justine was leaving. After the cancelled wedding and giving up Martha, Roo didn't really have any major storylines until her exit story. She had romances with guest characters David and Simon, but not much else. Maybe it just feels like she didn't do much because her first year was so full-on. 

I know you  talking about when Roo was on show in 80s but in current show Roo be spare part for last 4 years. 

Patrick O'Connor auditioned for Hunter King

I think Sarah Roberts said she auditioned before, but can't remember who for?

Jackson Heywood played Lachie Cladwell before

Rob Mills I think auditioned for Riley Hawkins (although lost out and then ended up in Neighbours)

Rohan Nichol played Stafford McRae before

10 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Actors who auditioned for H&A but never got the part or any other outside Jackie Woodburne are Kevin Summers, Dan Falzon and Rob Mills AFAIK. Apparently another unknown actress applied for the role of Pippa in 1990.

Yes, Dan Falzon missed out on Shane Parrish. I wonder how that would have worked out

19 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Actors who auditioned for H&A but never got the part or any other outside Jackie Woodburne are Kevin Summers, Dan Falzon and Rob Mills AFAIK. Apparently another unknown actress applied for the role of Pippa in 1990.

I think that was in 1988 as it said five actresses were short-listed (Coral/Vanessa/Debra/Jackie and an unknown actress). 

Also, I read in an interview with Clarissa House once, who played Beth, where she said she auditioned and came close for other regular roles on H&A before she won the role of Beth. So maybe Clarissa auditioned for Shelley Sutherland or Natalie Nash or Judith?

6 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I heard a rumour once that the unknown actress who applied for the role of Pippa may have been Sue Jones aka Pam Willis from Neighbours.

Oh, that's interesting, since she was quite a bit older than the other actors who auctioned for the role. She certainly would have played the "mum" role well, as she proved on Neighbours and Time of Our Lives, but it certainly would have changed the way Pippa was written I think. 

Archived