Actors who auditioned for other roles

adam436

I was recently listening to the H&A Podcast and there were a few actors being interviewed that stated they had auditioned for other roles: 

Ray Meagher initially read for the part of Tom Fletcher 

Penny MacNamee auditioned for Bianca Scott, Hannah Wilson and Kat Chapman, before finally getting cast as Tori. 

Ada Nicodemou auditioned for the role of Sarah Thompson

A few others I know of: 

Danny Raco - Noah Lawson 

Dannii Minogue - Marilyn Chambers

Susie Rugg - Dani Sutherland

Bonnie Sveen - Bianca Scott

Reece Milne - Hunter King

Patrick O'Connor - Hunter King

Jessica Grace-Smith - Phoebe Nicholson

Chris Hemsworth - Robbie Hunter

Ben Unwin and Johnny Ruffo had unsuccessfully auditioned for other roles before Jesse and Chris respectively (I don't know if it's ever been said whom!) and Debra Lawrence auditioned for the role of Pippa in 1988 and missed out, before actually getting the role in 1990. 

Sorry meant to post this in General Discussion, can it be moved?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Short answer: All of them

Long answer: yeah as you said it seems like for the most part on Home and Away the people who get cast auditioned for some sort of other role! As you listed in the post there's A LOT of them! It's just the industry I guess, the casting producers keep an eye on who just missed out and find the perfect role for each individual actor

On 30/04/2020 at 20:37, CaptainTed84 said:

Short answer: All of them

Long answer: yeah as you said it seems like for the most part on Home and Away the people who get cast auditioned for some sort of other role! As you listed in the post there's A LOT of them! It's just the industry I guess, the casting producers keep an eye on who just missed out and find the perfect role for each individual actor

I guess many of them started around the same time (i.e. Noah and Alex, Dani and Brodie) whereas others started on the show were years apart, such as Tori Morgan and Hannah Wilson. 

On 02/05/2020 at 07:08, Sally Keating said:

Ben Unwin auditioned for Liam.

I can't picture that - Ben Unwin looked too old to be playing a teenager, even though he was only about 19 or something when he started on the show.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/05/2020 at 08:15, adam436 said:

I guess many of them started around the same time (i.e. Noah and Alex, Dani and Brodie) whereas others started on the show were years apart, such as Tori Morgan and Hannah Wilson. 

I can't picture that - Ben Unwin looked too old to be playing a teenager, even though he was only about 19 or something when he started on the show.

But they have had so many actors in there mid 20s in recent years play teens as Matt/Casey Josh/Spencer/Oscar/Ryder/Sasha/Maddy/Evie/Tamara all played by actors in 20s.

I understand we talking about different time but 19 doesn't seem to old to play teen after seeing mid 20 years old play teens in recent years. 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Justine Clarke auditioned for the role of Carly , Bobby and I think Lynn as well. I think the role of Roo was perfect for her

She was great as Roo but sadly for Justine, playing a villain (and the audience reaction to that) affected her badly resulting in such an early exit. It may have worked out better for us had she played another part and someone else played Roo, who may have stayed on longer. I often wonder how different the show may have been had Roo stayed on. Her exit always feels like it comes way too early for me.

In this old TV movie, a younger Justine looks a lot like Helena Bozich (Lynn). So I could actually see her playing Lynn. It also features a very young Rebekah Elmaloglou (Sophie, also in the trailer) and Mouche Phillips (Viv), and probably others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV995883AUY

Archived