Popular couples you have never liked together?.

j.laur5

Aden and Belle- I think this couple is a most overrated couple in my book as I never really saw any chemistry with the couple, I preferred Aden and Nicole and actually I never sure why Aden was so popular other than the storyline on why he was such a mean character. Other than that his character had no personality. 

Tony and Rachel-  Another overrated couple my book. I felt like Tony and Rachel were only brought together to eventually leave together.  

Brax and Charlie - I always preferred Charlie and Angelo and I never saw much chemistry. It just seemed unlike Charlie to fall for a  guy like Brax. 

Justin and Phoebe- I never really bought them as a couple or saw any real chemistry with them.  Not only was Justin a lot older than Phoebe and Phoebe wasn't the type to date someone who was strongly tied with their family.  Most of all it annoyed me how Phoebe complained for two years about being part of a the dramatic Braxton life and moment she was finally free of them she went out of her way to get involved with the Morgan's who had  just as much of a dramatic family life.   She got far too obsessed with Justin and the rest of the Morgan’s in her last 12 months.  There was an episode when other characters noticed her obsession with the Morgan family and Kat said to Phoebe,  I you just going sit there all day and think about Morgan family all day and Ash saying what are  you going to do now cut Morgans family out of you life and Phoebe said  to Matt and Evie I have no hobbies and  I can’t go a day without  thinking of Justin and the Morgan family  and this  was someone that complained about having to be involved in the Braxton  family for two years and when she finally got officially together with Justin it wasn’t long before she left town at first given opportunity and given she soon found new boyfriend soon after she move to LA and it  really questions weather if Phoebe really loved Justin and  only involved  herself in Justin and Morgan’s because she didn’t have anything in her life and I  really felt there pairing was just to give Phoebe something to do on show  to fill out  Isabella Giovinazzo contract. 

Were there any popular couples or just couples in general  you never like?.

Brax and Charlie. The entire 2011 series was all about them. They were on then off, on again and then off again, on again and then off again, on again and then off again - you get the picture.

Brax and Ricky. More Brax than Ricky. He had such an entitled attitude. After he faked his death for however long it was, he thought he could just go suddenly waltzing back into Ricky's life and she would go running into his arms like nothing had happened. She did get back together with him in the end, but he was always in the background just waiting for her to break up with Nate.

Dean and Ziggy. I firmly believe that they only decided to have Brody suddenly cheat on Ziggy and then decide that Simone was the love of his life because Dean is the type of character that the show promotes and has everyone say what a good guy he is, when the evidence says otherwise. Brody had worked so hard for so long to prove to Ben that he wasn't the person he thought he was, he was genuinely so happy to be with Ziggy and loved her with all his heart, he was so patient, caring and understanding with Ziggy when Maggie had cancer and he saw Maggie as a mother figure. They were a lovely family unit. But come the following year, it was like none of the above with had even happened. Just so they could have Dean and Ziggy as the next supercouple of the show. I'm still really annoyed at how they did this.

4 hours ago, Jamie! said:

Dean and Ziggy. I firmly believe that they only decided to have Brody suddenly cheat on Ziggy and then decide that Simone was the love of his life because Dean is the type of character that the show promotes and has everyone say what a good guy he is, when the evidence says otherwise. Brody had worked so hard for so long to prove to Ben that he wasn't the person he thought he was, he was genuinely so happy to be with Ziggy and loved her with all his heart, he was so patient, caring and understanding with Ziggy when Maggie had cancer and he saw Maggie as a mother figure. They were a lovely family unit. But come the following year, it was like none of the above with had even happened. Just so they could have Dean and Ziggy as the next supercouple of the show. I'm still really annoyed at how they did this.

I agree with this. I don’t forgive them for ruining Brody who was my favourite character.

On 29/04/2020 at 21:48, Jamie! said:

Brax and Charlie. The entire 2011 series was all about them. They were on then off, on again and then off again, on again and then off again, on again and then off again - you get the picture.

Brax and Ricky. More Brax than Ricky. He had such an entitled attitude. After he faked his death for however long it was, he thought he could just go suddenly waltzing back into Ricky's life and she would go running into his arms like nothing had happened. She did get back together with him in the end, but he was always in the background just waiting for her to break up with Nate.

I agree completely with all of your suggestions, I feel the exact same way, especially with the problems with Brax and Ricky. I'm also annoyed at the way they just shoved Brody aside just so the show can have Dean and Ziggy. 

For myself, I would say Hunter and Olivia. Probably due to my dislike for Hunter, but I could never stand the pair together on screen. 

Ash and Tori. It was just another boring, overdone example of "professional woman falling for bad boy", and they were on and off all the time, I never took them seriously as an actual couple. 

Andy and Hannah. Dear Lord... (Though from what I've seen, they may not be the most popular).

Kyle and Phoebe- mainly because I felt like Tamara and Kyle were a better fit back in 2014, and I was just bitter that the show runners didn't go with it.

Speaking of... Casey and Tamara. Honestly I preferred Casey and Sasha, but just me. 

Kat and Robbo- I'm not sure why, but I feel like they jumped Kat into another troubled relationship waaay too quickly. Again, my dislike of Kat also played a role. 

Matt and Maddy- I didn't dislike them as a couple, but I didn't really understood all the hype between the two, particularly since I always thought Oscar and Maddy were more suitable. 

Josh and Evie- A big fan of both characters, but I wasn't at all too keen on the circumstances of how they got together. 

Indi and Romeo- same as above, I feel like they were hyped too much for me to like them. 

Aden and Nicole and Oscar and Skye. 

Now, of course if you like any of the couples above, that's great. But I never could find it in myself to invest in it. 

Dean and Ziggy (After what seems like forever they seemed to finally ready to let Dean and Willow be a thing, out of nowhere comes these two. Which wouldn't bother me so much-even if I don't like Ziggy- if they would let them just be two people who are dating, but them trying to push them as the next supercouple is irritating.)

Aden and Belle

Casey and Tamara

Brax and Charlie

I'm sure there's more, but off the top of my head these are the big ones.

Kirsty and Kane (I can't look past what he did to Dani)

Matt and Maddy (I am still raging about them breaking up Oscar/Maddy just to kill him off weeks later and have her leave minus an arm. How hard would it have been to just let them leave together?? They were much better suited)

Ash and Tori (Trying so hard to be Bianca/Heath and failing. I hate everything about Ash TBH and we were supposed to be rooting for Tori an otherwise intelligent woman being reduced to some bumbling starry eyed disaster who we're supposed to root for being with a baby stealer-which is a whole other situation that I cannot get into right now-it was a never ending mess.)

This could take a while.

Donald and Marilyn-At the time it seemed to be triumphed as an example of finding love in unexpected places.To me, it came across as two people who didn't even seem to be a couple getting married because they wanted a bit of company, so the show suddenly trying to portray them as "in love" didn't really work.

Drew and Belle-I liked them first time round but then they broke up and she got together with Lucas and I liked them together...and then she started cheating on him with Drew and the official line seemed to be "It's a shame for Lucas but she and Drew belong together." And then just a few weeks after causing all this upset, they broke up.And then they did it again, and again, and again, and why did a good couple get broken up for this utter mess? But at least Belle got out of a toxic relationship eventually.Oh, hang on...

Aden and Belle-When I joined this board they were massive, and also yet to appear in the UK.It sounded a terrible idea, since they'd barely spoken and seemed to hold each other in contempt, but I waited for something to happen that would change Belle's mind about Aden and see them become a classic couple.Instead, Aden carried on being a violent obnoxious jerk, Belle started giving him longing looks for no apparent reason, he drunkenly climbed through the window of someone he barely knew and sneaked into bed with her, and within a couple of episodes she was making out with him and letting him into her bed when he was still a violent obnoxious jerk and yet she somehow seemed to think that was fine.It ruined Belle's character, and meant his relationship with Nicole (in which he actually did seem to change for the better) got given short shrift.

Miles and Leah-They were billed as the couple we'd all been waiting for but what they actually were were two good friends who inexplicably started sleeping together in a way that felt very uncomfortable.It contributed to the erosion of Miles' character throughout his last year, as his fatherly relationship with Romeo and especially Nicole seemed to vanish overnight and he got moved away from his lynchpin position in the caravan park to just be Leah's boyfriend, and meant they left on worse terms than if they'd stayed friends.

Dexter and April-The majority opinion looking back seems to be that April was a dull character in her own right but was perfect for Dexter.I saw it as the other way round: April was a far stronger and more likable character before the Apex stuff kicked in, when she was a feisty environmentalist who worked well with Xavier, and even during her fling with Heath, and got turned into a dull non-entity around Dexter.Meanwhile, the show introduced characters who actually were perfect for Dexter (out-there goth girl Adrian, kindly fellow nerd Lottie) only to treat them as short-term guest characters there to "prove" it was April he wanted.Plus, it was another case of a relationship being soured by cheating on someone I liked better.

Josh and Evelyn-The same with this largely.I never really gave much thought to whether they were suited or not because I could never get past the way that Maddy was completely thrown under the bus and portrayed as a bad girlfriend who deserved to be cheated on, with the fact she was almost solely responsible for Josh turning his life around being dismissed with "She saw you as a project." Watching the cheaters get all the support and the wronged party get all the hate left me sickened.But they broke up about five times in the first six months, so they were probably rubbish together anyway.

Matt and Maddy-An odd one.It felt like for the whole of 2015 they were supposedly the couple everyone wanted, then they got them and suddenly most people seemed to either turn on them or complain that they should have been a good couple but weren't being written right.Personally, I knew from the start they were wrong for each other and it was nothing more than a dull retread of past failed relationships they'd had, a complete backward step in both their character developments.Which made having to sit through months of the show trying to "prove" Matt was better for Maddy than Oscar frustrating because it clearly wasn't true and Maddy and Oscar should have left together.Great friends, terrible couple.

Hunter and Olivia-Much as with Aden and Belle, a pairing of a thoroughly unlikable young man and a girl who continued to fawn all over him no matter what he did.I will grudgingly admit that Hunter did behave himself a bit more later on but my loathing for the character and the relationship never ceased and I breathed a sigh of relief that they didn't leave together.Also, another case of a relationship being soured by the nice guy being shafted at the start, as Olivia spends weeks flirting with VJ then drops him as soon as she meets Hunter.

Ryder and Raffy-I didn't dislike them as individuals.And they weren't really a bad couple, they were just sort of meh.As with Miles/Leah and Matt/Maddy, someone seemed to think that because two characters of the opposite sex were good friends, they should be a couple.And as with the others, the main legacy was a break-up that messed up a good friendship.

Honourable mentions(although I'm not sure all of these qualify as popular)

Seb and Jade
Romeo and Annie
Romeo and Indi
Charlie and Brax
Kyle and Phoebe(I'm still annoyed he and Tamara didn't get a decent run)
Casey and Tamara
Casey and Denny

Jury's out

Dean and Ziggy-I wasn't a huge Brody/Ziggy fan or even a huge Brody fan, although I do think it's a shame the show had them get married only to have them both with other people within a year.And I don't mind that Dean and Ziggy are dating.But I don't really see them as a believable long-term couple and I'm not keen on the way they try and make out he's better for her than Brody was.If they date for a while then go their separate ways, I won't mind.If they keep getting built up as some super couple destined to be together forever, not buying it.Ziggy getting her dream job and then quitting after a few weeks, at least partly because she misses Dean, is not a good sign.

• 2 months later...

Casey and Denny. VJ and Billie I think these are my most controversial ones. I just felt that they were too rushed and not believable as couples but were supposed to be so deeply in love blah blah.... Just no. 

There are others but that's normally because I hated the character i.e. Maddy, Kat

Archived