Best and Worst Characters from 1988-1996

Skylover

Also same with Matt Wilson as Matt could been better character if they gave him more stories and personally I think they should made Matt and Carly married and not worried about bringing in Ben. 

I like Ben but some characters are not necessarily if they can give stories to already existed Characters. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Skylover said:

I'd actually class Floss and Neville amongst the best characters.

I actually didn't like Selina that much looking back, or Chloe.

I just found them too camp and two-dimensional. I've liked Sheila Kennely in other roles I've seen her in (Kingswood Country, a guest on All Saints), but Floss and Neville really annoyed me. 

I can see where you're coming from with Selina too. I know she was popular at the time (that whole teen group were!), but Selina she was actually quite whiny and downer at times.

8 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Also same with Matt Wilson as Matt could been better character if they gave him more stories and personally I think they should made Matt and Carly married and not worried about bringing in Ben. 

What did Matt Wilson even do during his 1989 - 1991 stint? The only big story I recall him having was learning his brother died, but even then, the focus was more on the feud between Don and Al Simpson, rather than Matt. 

I can't remember a single thing Matt did. In fact I forgot he even existed until I saw him in a recent clip I watched. 

3 hours ago, adam436 said:

I can see where you're coming from with Selina too. I know she was popular at the time (that whole teen group were!), but Selina she was actually quite whiny and downer at times.

Whiny is certainly the word. And the weird thing is I loved her when I was a kid, but I guess I was only 5 at the time :lol: 

3 hours ago, adam436 said:

I just found them too camp and two-dimensional. I've liked Sheila Kennely in other roles I've seen her in (Kingswood Country, a guest on All Saints), but Floss and Neville really annoyed me. 

I think the main problem with Floss and Neville is they struggled to have natural interactions with the community; they were often playing the parental role in Summer Bay House but it never quite worked. However, I did miss having that older presence when they both left, it was never really replaced after 1989.

Best:

So many, ok lets start:- Don, Alf, Morag, Ailsa, Shannon, Pippa, Bobby, Sarah, Tug, Damo, Shane, Emma, Celia, Irene, Angel, Selina, Floss and Neville aka "Fleville", Frank - even Roxanne, and even Donna Bishop for me, she was not the most memorable but I liked her. She had a good storyline with Andrew Warren.

Worst:

Matt Wilson, Grant Mitchell (his namesake in the East End would have sorted him out lol), Lucinda Croft, Carly Morris.

Best guest characters:- Dodge, Walter Bertram, Sam Barlow, Matthew Thompson, Alison Patterson, Laura Brennan.

Worst guest characters:- Jeff Samuels

My favourites, in no particular order 

Alf, Irene, Ailsa, Pippa, Damo, Shane, Sarah, Bobby, Flathead, Morag, Dodge, Jack, Frank (had a bit of a teen crush on Alex Papps in the 80s??)

the ones who were least favourite/annoyed me for whatever reason

Michael, Angel, Greg, Sam, Roxy, Travis, Chloe, Selina, Tug, Shannon, Sally.

On 28/04/2020 at 09:58, Skylover said:

I'd actually class Floss and Neville amongst the best characters. Sarah is another one of my favourites. Blake was pretty good too. Curtis is another favourite.

I actually didn't like Selina that much looking back, or Chloe.

There were 2 Selinas. One was the pre-pregnancy Selina, which was likeable. The other was a bitch.

Archived