History of Summer Bay

Skylover

On 24/07/2020 at 23:27, Homeandawayfan. said:

I often wonder who lived in Alf's first house, his bungalow, before Alf did, or who lived in Don's 2nd house before 1992/1993 when Don moved in? Some H&A mysteries we may never know though.

Out of the 3 shops seen 1988-1996, the 2nd shop was brilliant and should have stayed.

The 2nd shop was very early 90s indeed. It was the trend at the time, I remember it in my town and nearby towns, to modernise everything and make it "90s". "Old fashioned" was out. After a few years the novelty wore off, people began to see all this modernizing as bland - everything ended up looking the same. And people wanted "traditional" back. The 3rd store was definitely more traditional and more similar to the original General Store that Ailsa had in the 80s.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/12/2020 at 15:15, Homeandawayfan. said:

Dodge burned down the original General Store and neighbouring flat which Phil lived in. The old shop was demolished and never rebuilt. It tied in with a real life situation surrounding the building used to film the General Store scenes. No doubt some of the foundations remain in real life and in the shows narrative.

Also one of the few sets where the studio set was a replica of the real indoor location.

• 11 months later...

Archived