History of Summer Bay

Skylover

13 minutes ago, Summer's Bay said:

Either her  parents did own it, or the Stewart's owned it, and sold it to Bobbys grandparents. Martha for some reason was working at the store...

It was definitely Doris' parents that owned it, and they had done for years - Martha just used to work there part-time.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dan F said:

It was definitely Doris' parents that owned it, and they had done for years - Martha just used to work there part-time.

Another bizarre timeline point is when Ruth mentioned to Brett that Bobby’s grandparents left about 3 years previous(or something like that), so do we assume the shop was closed for a few years prior to Ailsa purchasing it? I never got the impression that Ailsa had been in Summer Bay long enough to know Alf’s first wife. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/04/2020 at 23:45, Summer's Bay said:

Another bizarre timeline point is when Ruth mentioned to Brett that Bobby’s grandparents left about 3 years previous(or something like that), so do we assume the shop was closed for a few years prior to Ailsa purchasing it? I never got the impression that Ailsa had been in Summer Bay long enough to know Alf’s first wife. 

She wasn’t as Alf found Martha’s diaries not long after Ailsa moved to Summer Bay, so she’d have been dead by that time.

I’d just got confused as I remember the reason the owners sold was because their daughter had died, but switched daughters & therefore owners in my head.

On 26/04/2020 at 23:45, Summer's Bay said:

Some grandparents they were leaving Bobby to fend for herself and I wonder why Bobby never got in touch with them again or least mention them. 

H&A in early years  was pretty messy with things like that as same with Marilyn she met them in early 90s and never mentioned them again and don’t get started on Alf never treated Bobby like Niece . 

On 08/05/2020 at 18:42, c120701 said:

She wasn’t as Alf found Martha’s diaries not long after Ailsa moved to Summer Bay, so she’d have been dead by that time.

I’d just got confused as I remember the reason the owners sold was because their daughter had died, but switched daughters & therefore owners in my head.

Still doesn’t explain who owned the shop between the period when Bobby’s grandparents left and Ailsa buying the shop...or maybe we are supposed to forget that little detail...like Alan forgetting he had a sister and not leaving her anything in his will. 

On the day of Alan’s funeral did anyone else notice the van he sold to Matt in the background of the church, but Matt was not at the funeral? That’s always bugged me for some reason lol

On 09/05/2020 at 09:20, j.laur5 said:

Some grandparents they were leaving Bobby to fend for herself and I wonder why Bobby never got in touch with them again or least mention them. 

H&A in early years  was pretty messy with things like that as same with Marilyn she met them in early 90s and never mentioned them again and don’t get started on Alf never treated Bobby like Niece . 

Yeah...I never understood that, or maybe since they knew she was adopted, there was no link to her after their daughter died. Would’ve been nice for the grandparents to come back at some point. 

Marilyn's story was harsh and sad but I really liked how it ended with Marilyn's "parents" - it was very original and suited the "alternative style family" theme that H&A was originally based around. Unfortunately it was cheapened by the fact we never saw them again, not only that but they never even got a mention. It makes the "happy ending" of the story slightly less happy as it feels like their agreement to treat each other as if they were real parents and child never actually went ahead.

On 17/05/2020 at 22:22, Summer's Bay said:

Something else I found interesting is that Frank always knew which classroom to find Bobby and Roo in..since with the exception of the  one art lesson and one science lesson, all the students pretty much had every lesson in the same room lol

Just like Neighbours from 1992 onwards! ?

• 2 months later...

Archived