Anniversary Celebrations and Special Events

joany208121

On 23/03/2020 at 23:59, Sally Keating said:

Well you conveniently left out the ferry disaster which was for the 15th Season (offscreen) disguised as the Bay's 150th birthday (onscreen). And that was definitely a celebration full of returns.

I literally just watched those episodes on the "Most Shocking Moments" on 7Plus last night and wondered what it was for, since it was a random event. It didn't line up with a major anniversary nor a X000 episode. 

Frustratingly there are only two episodes on 7Plus, but the events lasted a few weeks. Greg Benson's return felt a bit random, but all the others were well chosen since they all had connections to the current cast (Alf, Colleen, Sally, Don) and all were iconic characters from the early days. The late nineties era was not really covered - maybe the "big names" from that era (i.e. Chloe, Jack, Curtis, Selina, Travis, Rebecca) either weren't available/turned down the offer or maybe the show was just riding on the success of the Early Years, which was airing in the mid-afternoon timeslot at the time, so focused mostly on that era?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully 35th anniversary will have better celebration. Regarding people saying they don't think anyone should return, I would wish they did bring people back.

So hopefully the 35th anniversary might have a chance of bringing people back but it's a couple more years to go. 

14 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Hopefully 35th anniversary will have better celebration. Regarding people saying they don't think anyone should return, I would wish they did bring people back.

So hopefully the 35th anniversary might have a chance of bringing people back but it's a couple more years to go. 

30th year also had the 7000th episode yet they did nothing...really disappointing. 35th anniversary will have the 8000th episode most likely...hopefully they do some sort of celebration but the current team don't seem interested in this, unfortunately. 

On 26/01/2021 at 12:17, hapitoby said:

30th year also had the 7000th episode yet they did nothing...

I think Martha being alive was meant to be the big anniversary story to be honest. I know there were no returnees, but it was the biggest storyline Alf and Roo, the two original characters from the current cast, have had in years and there were many nods to the past. 

I hated the story, but yeah. I think that was it. 

35th anniversary will have the 8000th episode most likely...hopefully they do some sort of celebration but the current team don't seem interested in this, unfortunately. 

I've said it before, but the producers are only interested in returnees from the recent past, such as Angelo, Heath and Bianca, Jett etc. I'd imagine if there is some sort of celebration, the returning cast would all be from the the early 2010s onwards, with the exception of maybe one or two token characters. 

With the exception of Celia returning for Roo's wedding, I don't think we've had any classic character (I'd consider "classic" to be any character who departed the show pre-Braxton era) return since Sally left. Pippa and Gypsy made very forgettable returns in 2009 and 2012 respectively, but that's about it. Oh, and Will Smith, who went to prison.

On 28/01/2021 at 19:48, adam436 said:

With the exception of Celia returning for Roo's wedding, I don't think we've had any classic character (I'd consider "classic" to be any character who departed the show pre-Braxton era) return since Sally left. Pippa and Gypsy made very forgettable returns in 2009 and 2012 respectively, but that's about it. Oh, and Will Smith, who went to prison.

Sally herself came back. Kane and Kirsty came back. Roo and Marilyn both returned long-term (albeit recast in Roo's case).

ETA: Oh, and Shelley came back briefly in 2009!

30th year also had the 7000th episode yet they did nothing...really disappointing. 35th anniversary will have the 8000th episode most likely...hopefully they do some sort of celebration but the current team don't seem interested in this, unfortunately. 

35th year should be centered around Irene, in the same way Alf was in episode 4000 (60th birthday).

If they have Irene turning 70 in 2023, having a big party with several returnees would be fantastic, especially among her biological and foster children.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/01/2021 at 21:38, Jezz said:

If they have Irene turning 70 in 2023, having a big party with several returnees would be fantastic, especially among her biological and foster children.

Could call - the 35th anniversary also ties in with Lynne McGranger's 30th anniversary on the show

The show would have to completely change its attitude toward the past in those few years though, which I can't see happening. 

10 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

I’m nervous about oldies from the past returning as I’d really want them written the correct way and the continuity good. I just don’t trust that they will be at the moment. 

That's true - given they rewrote history with Alf and Martha, sent Will to prison and didn't exactly do a great job with Sally, Gypsy and Ceila. 

I guess we could even go back with Don Fisher and Pippa's post-Sally return, but they are well over 10 years ago now ?

Archived