2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Well, firstly, Happy New Years to you all!

17 hours ago, c120701 said:

I don’t know whose side I’m meant to be on in Angelo vs Colby but they’re both coming out of this pretty badly. 

Honestly at this point I've had the conclusion I had back in 2018, when Ash was hunting for Robbo. There's no one to really root for here except the innocents caught up in this mess (which at this point consists of Ziggy, Nikau, and... I'm not sure who else). I mean, I want Colby to get arrested, but I agree that Angelo's looking pretty bad here too. 

Edited by D.B
  • Like 1

I'm still very much Team Angelo.Sure, he's a bit Gene Hunt at times, but the only way he's really looking bad is the way that he seems to have fixated on Colby's duplicitous but legal activities rather than actually trying to gather evidence.Okay, it looks from this episode as though he was trying to get Thorne to confess, but that plan's pretty much a bust.At least, after my expressing bewilderment at her failure to realise that Colby was only worried about evidence against him because there was evidence against him yesterday, Taylor finally heard that penny dropping and realised just what she's been sleeping with.Guess that puts paid to any plans Colby had to move her in with him, although Dean and Bella were unlikely to agree to that anyway.As Dean said, that's another life Colby's ruined, even if she wasn't exactly an unwilling participant. (I have a hard time seeing Nikau as an "innocent" after his actions earlier in the season.At this point, the closest thing to an innocent involved in the investigation is Constable Murray.)

Seemed like progress between Dean and Amber, but Willow was obviously very aware of the fact that Amber wasn't really getting involved.I can understand how scary Dean disappearing with Jai was, but she needs to think about the fact that he only did it to her because he was scared of her doing it to him.And, if Willow's suspicions are correct, she may have actually done it after giving Dean and Jai one last day together.It's ironic that Dean ends up dirty with Colby for one of the few times this season he's actually got it right.

Roo continues to be irritatingly evasive but it looks like Alf's return might be an important catalyst.

33 minutes ago, H&Alover said:

Yes he did, he told Ziggy the drugs were in the panels of the van, the stolen gear was a cover.

He also said to Nik, last week, that he didn't know there were drugs hidden in there until it was too late.

• Like 1

Rosetta's plan has gone up in smoke, very professional that having a blazing row in front of the rest of the team, I was being sarcastic, btw where is the sergeant meant to be to be, I know Rosetta is a detective but it's still his station.    We all know why Colby honed in on Taylor but it would have still been very insulting for her to be told by her own husband that was the only reason Colby took up with her.  I would have smacked him one.  You knew where you were with Gene Hunt and he didn't have  a wife that he could use to gather evidence - illegally. There.is.no.evidence. It's going to have to be a confession or nothing. 

Anyway what does the fact Colby has  been sleeping with Taylor, for whatever reason, to do with him being prime suspect in Ross' murder?  No-one has said anything significant, apart from Rosetta letting drop that there is 'a witness'.   

Taylor was a sitting duck when it came to Colby honing in on her.  She has been Rosetta's wife for a while so knows a cop has to put in the hours, it comes, to use the old cliche, with the job, but this with Colby is different it's become an obsession, no-one else is even remotely in the frame.    I did agree with Rosetta not a clever idea of Colby to use his own credit card but apart from paying in cash each time was he supposed to have nicked one? Also wasn't Taylor there ahead of him sometimes?    One thing Taylor accusing Colby  of being guilty of the crime he's been denying all this time, but he didn't admit to anything and even if he had it would be inadmissible due to the way it was obtained. Also the wearer of the wire/bug has to know it's there.  A lot of personal stuff on it neither Rosetta or Taylor would want coming out in court or anywhere. ?

It looks like it's not only Bella Colby has lost the support of,  now Dean and it doesn't look like he'll be swayed by Willow's pleas either. 

Amber was building Dean up for a very big fall.  It looked promising too, he'd apologised again, he'd only charged around to hers as he thought she or Fran had slipped that wrap sheet under his door and his was sacred it would be used against him. It was seeing Jai alone that made him make that knee jerk reaction.  He wasn't blaming her for Jai being left alone and swore he'd never do anything like that again.  Amber was cool but gave no indication she was going to do what she did.

Dean was too caught in seeing Jai he didn't pick up on what Willow did regards Amber. I don't think Amber has really thought this out because how is she going to tell Jai he will never see his daddy again?  Dean's  coming back to the bay was more to do with Jai not Colby.  

Something serious must have happened between Roo and Owen for her to behaving the way she is. Was that a message from him we, too briefly, saw on her phone.  Did she propose and he turned her down? Hopefully she'll tell Alf.

Is it just me or have the TV mags suddenly changed the spelling of Jai to Jay?

25 minutes ago, Dan F said:

He also said to Nik, last week, that he didn't know there were drugs hidden in there until it was too late.

Thanks for that Dan.

Edited by H&Alover

What she's done isn't fair to Dean but somehow I can't bring myself to dislike Amber.I wasn't expecting to see her today but we got a sign-off from her, at least for now.I'm not sure what the significance of those binned drawings was: Did she throw out Jai's drawings of Dean? But then we saw her unloading the bike Dean bought him so... The fact she seems to have taken Jai away from Francesca as well as Dean makes me think a bit more kindly of her. And I'm very sorry we didn't get to see the look on her face.

Alf and Martha spend the episode bickering like the old married couple they are to the point that Roo's almost a secondary concern.It's all right for Roo to say it's no-one else's business, but she seems to keep drip-feeding information and then clamming up.

Some nice Morgan house banter, with Leah and Justin acting as a Greek chorus for Tori and Christian's courtship.They stayed up all night discussing medical techniques?! Justin has a bit of a nasty fall, but all I kept thinking was "What happened to him needing the toilet?"

2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I'm not sure what the significance of those binned drawings was: Did she throw out Jai's drawings of Dean?

The one he looked at was just the two of them with Dean's car, so was presumably a memento of their 'trip away'.

• Like 1

It's funny, that scene where Angelo told Bella about Colby and Taylor was reminiscent of the scene when he told Roman about Aden and Belle all those years ago.  I have to admit, I did find it quite amusing the semi mind games Angelo has been playing with Taylor i.e. asking her to spend the evening with him when he knew she had planned to meet Colby and turning up just as she'd left Colby the next morning asking her to have breakfast with him.

I think Willow summed it up perfectly - Colby thinks he's untouchable.  He was so deluded even when Bella point blank told him Angelo knew he was seeing Taylor, he refused to believe right up until he saw the file with the photos of them and phone records from the hotel.  If Angelo is able to progress this, I wonder if Taylor's ever going to be called as a witness.  Although it's hard to see what sort of traction Angelo can gain now with this case.  I agree with the comment that Angelo hasn't been shown in a favourable light either but I've said multiple times, this is now more of a competition to beat the other.

I don't agree with what Dean did previously but IMO part of the reason Amber took Jai from Dean was out of spite and to punish him for doing the same thing to her (with the idea to deny access to Jai permanently).  When Amber first told Dean about Jai, I was hoping Jai wasn't his son because I suspected he would get close to Jai and would eventually end up losing out.  And when Dean called her, she basically claimed her reason for leaving was because of the stuff with Dean and her mum, implying that it was unresolvable, ignoring the fact it hasn't been going on for too long anyway.  So I'm not really surprised something like this has happened.  If Amber decides not to come back to the Bay, at least we won't have to see her any more, which is a good thing.

Justin's commentary on Tori/Christian continues to be highly amusing.  Leah was quite funny too.  Just a shame he appears to have had a relapse.

Oh, dear.  Looks like Roo had it bad for Owen.?