2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

11 hours ago, Nephlim14 said:

I think Dean and everyone involved understand the why of what Colby did and sympathize with him to a degree (at least a LOT more than they sympathize with Ross).

Before I say anything on it, Id like to know when exactly Bella threatened to report Colby and Dean "guilt tripped" her.

Well, yes, I agree with you there. Like I said, Dean and co aren't sorry Ross is dead, and they understand why Colby would want him dead. They just think it would have been better for Colby to have put him in jail and got on with his life, rather than murder him and potentially end up in jail himself (with them along for the ride as accessories).

May 2019 (Oz pace).

33 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Well, yes, I agree with you there. Like I said, Dean and co aren't sorry Ross is dead, and they understand why Colby would want him dead. They just think it would have been better for Colby to have put him in jail and got on with his life, rather than murder him and potentially end up in jail himself (with them along for the ride as accessories).

May 2019 (Oz pace).

Thank You. Was it when she was still under Stockholm Syndrome and straight up hated Colby. I did read somewhere that she had gone through a phase like that.

9 minutes ago, Nephlim14 said:

Thank You. Was it when she was still under Stockholm Syndrome and straight up hated Colby. I did read somewhere that she had gone through a phase like that.

Bella threatened Colby on several occasions, from my memory it was when she found out and when Colby came to pick her up at the car race. Bella is aware that Ross was a bad person and that he brainwashed her in a way, but he was her dad and she loved him. We could see that from her talk with Nik at the beach after they found his body and how repulsed she was with Colby being all proud and happy that he managed to destroy all the evidence. I think the reason why she didn't report him was because he was her only family and not because she approved of what he's done. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lila_Q said:

Bella threatened Colby on several occasions, from my memory it was when she found out and when Colby came to pick her up at the car race. Bella is aware that Ross was a bad person and that he brainwashed her in a way, but he was her dad and she loved him. We could see that from her talk with Nik at the beach after they found his body and how repulsed she was with Colby being all proud and happy that he managed to destroy all the evidence. I think the reason why she didn't report him was because he was her only family and not because she approved of what he's done. 

I think her disgust was for the same reason she didnt like how he was harassing the Paratas. I have doubts about her love for Ross currently especially since I can recall times where she compred Colby to Ross sometimes.

Also, why exactly did she keep threatening to report him? 

Just a reminder Dean told Coby to go after the crash as he knew how important it was that Colby find Bella and his mum.   Dean and Willow and anyone else who knew Ross knew what a monster he was and what would be the guarantee he wouldn't break out of prison?  Bella did love Ross but you can both love and hate someone at the same time.   

Angelo can't give up now, I'm wondering if he's not getting side tracked by the affair rather than the case he's trying to build against Colby?  He did  love throwing little tidbit of information in Bella's lap that Colby and Taylor are still seeing each other.  Methinks she'll be changing her mind about going to NZ as as she told Nikau she was only staying in the bay because Colby needed her.  He'll no doubt throw a hissy fit and blame Nik but she is an adult now so he can't stop her going. If she hasn't already got a passport and I can't see Ross having got her one, would there be any reason why she wouldn't be allowed one?   Ryder is a lovely guy, he's possibly about to lose his only friends yet is big enough to wish them well.  His face when he was teasing Nik about asking Bella to marry him being the big question, then finding out he meant asking her to go to NZ with him.  Come on everyone it's only three hours away not the other side of the world, and if things went wrong she can come home.  It would get Bella away from Colby which is a bonus.

Leah was going into Marilyn mode there with her overreaction to Justin's first radiotherapy treatment the way she was fussing over him, not even allowing him to get a glass of water for himself.  I know she meant well, but did she learn nothing from the John/Marilyn experience?  Down the line when he has had more treatments Justin may need help,  radiotherapy affects different people in different ways, but Leah don't 'do' things for him without asking if he needs it.   John understood what Justin was going through, he was just as guilty as he did the same with Jett,  and good for Justin telling Leah that when he needed her help he'd ask for it, and she got it and backed off.      Lovely touch that that dinner, he might as well enjoy a good meal while he can still appreciate it. 

Roo is back this week - but no Owen.?

On 09/01/2021 at 13:43, Nephlim14 said:

Was it when she was still under Stockholm Syndrome and straight up hated Colby. I did read somewhere that she had gone through a phase like that.

That lasted a few days at most before she remembered what Colby was really like.She was fully on his side by the time he killed Ross.

On 09/01/2021 at 16:37, Nephlim14 said:

I think her disgust was for the same reason she didnt like how he was harassing the Paratas

So...because he hurt someone she loves? She knows Ross' faults but, as she's said, he was still her dad, just like Nikau still loved his dad despite knowing he did bad things.

On 10/01/2021 at 14:24, H&Alover said:

Just a reminder Dean told Coby to go after the crash as he knew how important it was that Colby find Bella and his mum. 

Yeah, I think you've said that before. Not sure why you think that given Colby's admitted he didn't bother to check on the others before running off and Dean pretty much hated Colby for abandoning him when he came back.

So, today, with Thorne well and truly back in supervillain territory.At this point we have to ask, just how stupid is Taylor? Thorne's pretty much walking around with an "I killed Ross" sign around his neck, and she still doesn't wonder why he's so anxious to find what evidence Angelo has if he's innocent.Colby doesn't realise just how far Angelo has got, but unfortunately it still doesn't seem far enough.Thorne's done enough to make him suspicious, but not really enough to incriminate himself.At least it's caused Bella to wash her hands of him for the umpteenth time, although I still not keen on her leaving with Nikau or indeed at all.

Ziggy now knows exactly what Tane's mixed up in, although it's hard to see it doing either of them any good.Given that Willow and Ziggy left in the van, which they handed over to the River Boys...where did the car they came back in come from? Swapsies?

I'd almost forgotten Roo got back, and her main contribution was to wander around being annoying and childish.Presumably there'll be an explanation at some point but it was frustrating all the same.

But Dean did say that.

Both Colby and Rosetta are being blinded by their obvious dislike of each other and are in my mind  as bad as each other.  Rosetta is more than happy to bend the rules, even break them to get Colby. Though I haven't got that much time for Taylor, she is stuck in the middle being used by both her lover and husband. In fact hubby has gone as far as bugging her with that necklace he gave her as he loves her so much.  We know Rosetta hasn't any evidence, which is what is needed to bring any case, to prove or disprove anything either way, but Colby doesn't know that for sure.

Colby couldn't/wouldn't believe Rosetta would tell Bella he knew he and Taylor were still seeing each other, what would he achieve apart from winding Colby up enough to make a mistake.   It has pushed Bella into changing her mind as she has had enough of his lies and made a farce of her staying in the bay to be there for him as 'he needs her'.   Sorry to be boring but I will ask again, but does Bella have a passport?

Colby can be very persuasive and Taylor must have it bad to agree to lift Rosetta's keys and how handy was it that Rosetta left them on his desk for her to pick up.?  Colby sure got a shock, he found things he certainly didn't expect,  Rosetta must have got hold of that CCTV footage pretty quick, wonder what tale he spun them to get them to hand over the stills. Now he's been sprung, just as he was getting to what he was looking for in the first place.  I do have to say Colby wasn't very original in the choice of name he chose to book in under - Smith!?   Seeing as his own name was on the credit card he used the motel must be used to a lot of Mr. Smith's popping in. Didn't see Taylor's name as Mrs. Smith?  By some fluke Colby has sussed Taylor's pendant isn't just a pendant and that 'confession' was it for Rosetta's benefit? 

Tane didn't really have any choice but to fess up to Ziggy she can be very determined, but for now she is keeping schtum to Willow as to why it's important to get the van back.  Getting hold of £25,000 in two days would be hard to get hold of legally, even illegally would be tough, if not impossible.  OK Tane isn't a drug dealer so why did he agree to  transport them?

That car is Ziggy's, the one she and Dean did up, but what I want to know is how she and Willow got back to the farm from wherever they went to, seeing as they both went in the van.?  It wasn't close from what I can remember Ziggy saying. 

Roo is being very secretive about Owen and his whereabouts which is never a good idea as people soon pick up on it as Marilyn and Ryder already have, plus Roo is a rubbish liar.  Did smile when Ryder was saying to Maz about he didn't want to bother Owen and Roo would tell them in her own time so they should back off when it was obvious they were both busting to find out what had occurred. 

2 hours ago, H&Alover said:

But Dean did say that.

Tane didn't really have any choice but to fess up to Ziggy she can be very determined, but for now she is keeping schtum to Willow as to why it's important to get the van back.  Getting hold of £25,000 in two days would be hard to get hold of legally, even illegally would be tough, if not impossible.  OK Tane isn't a drug dealer so why did he agree to  transport them?

Jai and Dean were both unconscious when Colby left, that was said numerous times. Colby caused the accident and left them without checking if they were OK. I can't remember once Dean saying that he told Colby to go - he would have no the reason to be angry at him. The reason why Dean forgave Colby was because he knew how important was for Colby to find Bella. 

Tane didn't know drugs were in the van. Drugs were hidden in panels of the van. 

Edited by Lila_Q
  • Like 1

I’m not sure what the point of bringing back Angelo to fill this generic cop role, aside from him getting information out of Irene which might have happened anyway, his history in the bay hasn’t really been brought up. I was expecting at least something Martha related...

I don’t know whose side I’m meant to be on in Angelo vs Colby but they’re both coming out of this pretty badly.