2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

3 hours ago, Nephlim14 said:

I like where Ziggy is in right now. After giving Dean grief fro covering for Colby, she went and covered for Tane for a crime she doesnt even know the full details of. Hypocritical

The main reason why she's covering for Tane is because of Justin. He trusted her with his business and she doesn't want to put more pressure on him. 'The Garage' has alredy been involved into few dodgy deals with Ash, Andy and Willow, going to the police would just make it worse for Justin. Not to mention there is a lot of difference between covering up stolen goods and the murder. 

Dean's got a lot of reasons to blame Colby for all the bad things that had happened to him, but this was not one of it. Colby couldn't help in this case. Dean might be Jai's dad biologically but he's not legally. He should've sorted this out the moment Amber told him the truth. He also shouldn't blame Colby for losing Ziggy, he started the relationship hiding this massive secret, while not wanting to renew his relationship with Willow because 'she deserves better'. Although Dean is in this position because of Colby, he should only blame himself. His blind loyalty to Colby has cost him everything.

Edited by Lila_Q
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lila_Q said:

The main reason why she's covering for Tane is because of Justin. He trusted her with his business and she doesn't want to put more pressure on him. 'The Garage' has already been involved into few dodgy deals with Ash, Andy and Willow, going to the police would just make it worse for Justin. Not to mention there is a lot of difference between covering up stolen goods and the murder. 

I must have missed that explanation in the episode. Also, another nugget of history I missed.

Even though the crimes are different. She still found herself in an illegal situation where she could/should have just gone to the cops, but instead chose to cover it up out of loyalty to a friend. The thing that irks me about her judgement of Dean was how black and white she tries to make it.  

55 minutes ago, Nephlim14 said:

I must have missed that explanation in the episode. Also, another nugget of history I missed.

Even though the crimes are different. She still found herself in an illegal situation where she could/should have just gone to the cops, but instead chose to cover it up out of loyalty to a friend. The thing that irks me about her judgement of Dean was how black and white she tries to make it.  

I don't think it was mentioned in the episode, but viewers know that the Garage has got the history of being involved with stolen goods and stolen cars and that had been on the police radar before. She gave Tane an earful about putting Justin into danger. Unless Tane (who is now missing) admits the fault, it would be hard to prove that Justin didn't know anything about it. At first Ziggy chose easier option, she wanted the van gone - no van no problem. Now with Tane missing she's stuck with stolen goods and has no choice but to get rid of it. If Tane killed someone I doubt she would cover it up. 

She was aware that Colby and Dean were not Saints, and was OK with their past, but the murder was something she couldn't just get over. She's got every right to be angry at Dean - he witnessed the man being killed and has done nothing about it. He kept that during their entire relationship, tried to deceive her when the body was found and finally he told her when he had no choice. Not to mention that he made her an accessory to murder. Even then she didn't report Colby.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lila_Q said:

She was aware that Colby and Dean were not Saints, and was OK with their past, but the murder was something she couldn't just get over. She's got every right to be angry at Dean - he witnessed the man being killed and has done nothing about it. He kept that during their entire relationship, tried to deceive her when the body was found and finally he told her when he had no choice. Not to mention that he made her an accessory to murder. Even then she didn't report Colby.  

Im not judging her for being mad at Dean about it, I just dont like how she treats it like it was a simple case of "he should have just turned him in". Im still going on information shared by other memebrs here.

1. I agree that Dean didnt try to tackle the gun out of Colby's hands, but he did try to talk Colby out of it. The issue was that (and I cant believe this fact just got brushed over) Ross was a slippery psychopath. He abused his family, kidnapped and brainwashed his wife and daughter, killed the wife when she tried to run, and nearly killed Colby and the rest when they came for him.

The more important point is that Ross managed to do this because he was apparently REALLY good at slipping away and messing with people from afar. Only reason Colby joined the force was because of this, and apparently that wasnt even enough. Colby killed him because he was under the convincing belief that if they tool him in he'd slip loose and come after them again.

2. Dean keeping it from Ziggy wasnt as simple as she believes. On top of the fact that they didnt want to involve her for her own safety, they just wanted to move on on and leave him in the past. Dean had nightmares, got hooked on drugs and struggled with the trauma afterwards for a while. It wasnt a matter of anyone trying to hurt her.

3. She really doesnt get to blame them for making her an accomplice when SHE was the one that kept demanding somebody tell her.

Overall, to me, its not her being angry with him that irritates me, its the fact she's judging him and the others for a situation she hasnt even tried to get the full context of or tried to understand the position they were in at the time.

1 hour ago, Nephlim14 said:

Im not judging her for being mad at Dean about it, I just dont like how she treats it like it was a simple case of "he should have just turned him in". Im still going on information shared by other memebrs here.

1. I agree that Dean didnt try to tackle the gun out of Colby's hands, but he did try to talk Colby out of it. The issue was that (and I cant believe this fact just got brushed over) Ross was a slippery psychopath. He abused his family, kidnapped and brainwashed his wife and daughter, killed the wife when she tried to run, and nearly killed Colby and the rest when they came for him.

The more important point is that Ross managed to do this because he was apparently REALLY good at slipping away and messing with people from afar. Only reason Colby joined the force was because of this, and apparently that wasnt even enough. Colby killed him because he was under the convincing belief that if they tool him in he'd slip loose and come after them again.

2. Dean keeping it from Ziggy wasnt as simple as she believes. On top of the fact that they didnt want to involve her for her own safety, they just wanted to move on on and leave him in the past. Dean had nightmares, got hooked on drugs and struggled with the trauma afterwards for a while. It wasnt a matter of anyone trying to hurt her.

3. She really doesnt get to blame them for making her an accomplice when SHE was the one that kept demanding somebody tell her.

Overall, to me, its not her being angry with him that irritates me, its the fact she's judging him and the others for a situation she hasnt even tried to get the full context of or tried to understand the position they were in at the time.

I'm annoyed at the fact that Dean and Willow are trying to pawn off the whole situation with "Ross was a bad guy so it's OK". It can't be easy to get over the fact that your friends and boyfriend are covering up such a heinous crime. Dean knew Ziggy had trust issues as her previous two partners had cheated and lied to her, so with him keeping this massive secret he shouldn't have started the relationship if he couldn't be 100% honest (especially that he didn't want to pursue the relationship with Willow, who knew everything, for the same reason). But him having a child, and the way the whole situation is handled is also to blame for the break up. 

Edited by Lila_Q
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Lila_Q said:

I'm annoyed at the fact that Dean and Willow are trying to pawn off the whole situation with "Ross was a bad guy so it's OK". It can't be easy to get over the fact that your friends and boyfriend are covering up such a heinous crime. Dean knew Ziggy had trust issues as her previous two partners had cheated and lied to her, so with him keeping this massive secret he shouldn't have started the relationship if he couldn't be 100% honest (especially that he didn't want to pursue the relationship with Willow, who knew everything, for the same reason). But him having a child, and the way the whole situation is handled is also to blame for the break up. 

I dont recall them being that blase about it. Im sure thats how they tried to explain it to Zig, but I dont think they tried to dismiss the fact that they did watch somebody get killed. Like I said earlier, they did struggle with it a bit afterwards.

As for Dean dating Ziggy. I dont know exactly how it started, but judging by how soap operas work, they just developed feelings for each other, and dealt with a bunch of UST until they couldnt anymore.

Plus, both points are understandable given that they seemed to have history with Ross. As unexpected as it was for them, as much as they werent okay with it, and as much as they struggled with it, they are perfectly aware of why Colby did what he did. Again, Ill point out that I missed that arc, but from what Ive been told, the guy was a monster, he was slippery, and he was so much of a threat that Colby really did believe that leaving him alive left everyone at risk.

Their logic can be interpreted as simply not letting his ghost haunt them forever and keep them from living their lives.

Oops sorry Nugget!  He must be the go to guy as Willow has requested his help twice now.  To second Ziggy's question is he still a River Boy or a retired one?  OK so Thelma & Louise - had the same thought Red - are off to leave the van and its contents somewhere for Nugget to collect which means the garage is going to be closed again!?  Just keep your fingers crossed, they aren't involved in an accident. Liked the admission from Ziggy that she had stolen a few cars in her time back when she was a a bit of a wild child. 

There are two ways to see the Amber/Dean story.  She knows Dean wouldn't hurt Jai or put him danger at least intentionally, but she also knows - or knew - him well enough to know he could go off half cocked and do things without thinking them through, like his plan to to got Queensland.  Were those his true feelings when he made that remark about the board shop?  Colby was doing his best but  it was Jai saying that mummy would miss him if he and Dean went away together that melted his heart and changed his mind. Dean did what he did, rightly or wrongly because he was worried about Jai being left alone, what if he hadn't turned up when he did? He could have wandered off and got run over or worse.

Not the person you would have naturally thought of to try and diffuse the situation but John's talk with Amber was well done. Well done to him too for not revealing to Marilyn what was going on.   John has a soft sot for both of them. Colby and Dean made it back by the skin of their teeth.  Amber's tirade at  Dean was understandable but I also hope it was a knee jerk reaction about him not seeing Jai again, how is she going that explain it to Jai?  Another blow up between Colby and Dean with Dean blaming Colby for everything that had gone wrong in his life with the added 'bonus' he may have lost his son just as he had him in his life.  I dare say they will get over it again.   

On 06/01/2021 at 05:17, Nephlim14 said:

That's not even a remotely fair assessment, just Colby's feeble justification backed up by his friends' blind loyalty and biased views. Ross spent no more than a few weeks on the run once his crimes came to light, and that was arguably mainly because Colby didn't tell the police where he was. Colby killed him because he wanted him out of their lives for good rather than in jail, and justified it by feebly claiming there was no guarantee he'd stay locked up. Maybe not, but he was no criminal mastermind, just a grubby little thug whose luck had run out, and with the seriousness of the charges, the evidence against him and his complete lack of legal assistance, it was practically a done deal.Colby doesn't have the right to murder people just because he thinks it's more of a guaranteed result than arresting them, and Dean was wrong to protect him.Ziggy kept quiet about Dean's credit card fraud, so it's not a case of thinking it's okay for Tane to commit crimes and not Dean.There's just a limit to what she can turn a blind eye to, and burying a murder victim in a shallow grave is beyond it.

And today, with Colby's sleazy side coming to the fore again.Angelo's tactic of waiting for him to slip up isn't really working though and he seems to be chasing the wrong things: Colby sleeping with his wife doesn't make him a murderer.He is at least noting down things to follow up on.

Meanwhile, we have Tori back in full-on nervous schoolgirl mode with Leah slipping easily into the role of confidante, and Tane not in a good way at all, not made any better by him acting in a very dumb fashion.Also, what was with Christian's flat cap? Was he trying to hide a haircut gone wrong?

Edited by Red Ranger 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1