Jump to content

2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion


Recommended Posts

Now I'm going to put it out there I find Owen exactly the same as Evan only difference is Evan was sick They really shouldn't have made Owen be able to play the guitar as well. And OK Roo you were away with Evan for about a week before he died you fell in love well OK I might as well go with that and OK you are now dating his twin I forgive you for that given they are both exactly the same haha otherwise it would be quite odd 

I like the Colby story but my word Taylor you put yourself across as being very easy prey 

Also Tori phoned around different hospitals in search of Christian and turns out he works in the same hospital and department but Tori has only heard of him but never bumped into him before and she was very odd with him even before we knew she fancied him 

Silly choices there really between Cancer or living in a wheelchair 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Constable Risotto Mk II I'd like to think her name is Angela. Certainly not the first time they're reused the name badges - we had a Constable P Corelli pop up in recent years too 😛

2020 season begins, six weeks after it did in Australia, but vagaries of Oz broadcasts means we're only 26 episodes behind at the moment. Well. Okay, seriously, what was the hospital siege a

This Week on Parata Wars: Ari: You're a tool! Tane: You're a tool! Gemma: Knock it off! Nikau: I'm outta here! *Australian voiceover* "Brought to you by Gala Bingo."

Aaand we're back!

I did feel sorry for Amber here, whatever her many other faults, she does love Jai.So does Dean, of course, and their scenes together were quite sweet, but he's clearly got no clear plan and hasn't thought this through.I'm glad Amber gave the odious Francesca a well-deserved serve. Colby and Willow were mainly deployed as supportive friends here but...was Colby bluffing at the end or something? Could he really arrest Dean without actually receiving a complaint?

While Ari's mistrust of Tane can be a bit wearing, unfortunately in this case he's quite right, even if he doesn't know it yet.Dean probably intended that call to Ziggy to be final, although she didn't pick up on it.Her alliance with Willow has potential.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy New Year everyone - good to be back!  Hope everyone and their families have managed to keep well. This year things will get better.  👍

I'm with you Red, Francesca totally deserved all she got and boy did Amber gave it to her with both barrels, handy she had Dean's phone message as proof.  Even if she, Francesca, had been responding to an emergency no way should she have left Jai alone. Turned out she was busy posting Dean's rap sheet under the door - how did she get hold of it?  She said a neighbour had reported seeing Jai go off in a red car so why didn't she leave him with them?😠May have been a knee jerk reaction by Dean but he'd been where Jai was so would hit home more.   The 'family' in the shape of Willow and Colby got back together to try and track down Dean but it was Willow who got the lead. Colby was right the old gang would be unlikely to talk to him - but that is the old Colby we came to know and even love, caring about and helping an old friend. Methinks he could have been bluffing but was stalling for time, as he does know the complaint and I guess the arrest warrant is due at 1pm. I did have the feeling that as usually happens in soaps he would have arrived just after Dean and Jai had left.    I had the same feeling about Dean's "Goodbye Ziggy". 

Ziggy had to do some pretty fast thinking as to why Tane is still in the city, have to keep remembering  while it's only been a few days H&A wise,  for us it's been over a month.  Ari's not totally convinced Tane is doing a job for Ziggy with good reason this time.   At least Ziggy, after hearing the altercation in the background during her call with Tane,  had the good sense in the end to confide in Willow who had a contact in the city - Maggot?!😃   

Edited by H&Alover
Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite my dislike towards Amber, I did actually think she was very reasonable in that episode and actually found myself annoyed at Dean, particularly his refusal to respond to any attempts from her (or anybody else) to contact him.  I actually thought she was well within her rights to go to the police and was annoyed the way Willow was trying to stop her from taking things further.

Really don't like the position Ziggy's in because of Tane.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I continued to feel sorry for Amber, and I loved the scenes between her and John, with them again bringing out a softer side in each other. While Dean was wrong to even think of taking Jai away from her permanently, she's equally wrong to try and cut him out of Jai's life completely and hasn't given enough thought to the effect it'll have on Jai.I'd like to think it's a knee jerk reaction and she'll change her mind when she calms down, but in reality I don't think it's anything to do with what Dean's done, it's to do with Francesca and the fact she'll never accept Dean and the fact Amber feels in some way beholden and/or dependent on her. She really should have done more to address Jai being left alone rather than dismissing it. Dean blaming Colby? Well, Francesca's attitude stems from Colby getting her son killed, but if it wasn't for that then Dean might never have Jai in the first place, so I'm not 100% behind him for once.I did get a slight satisfaction from the sight of Colby on his own in Salt without any friends though...

One of whom has suddenly decided to join up with Ziggy as a cut-price Thelma and Louise. Ziggy and Willow are going down a potentially dodgy path here, but Ziggy's been left with a problem so I can't really blame her for accepting any solution. Willow's contact is Nugget by the way: I've a feeling we saw him earlier on in Dean and Colby's time on the show, possibly at Colby's wedding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Willow's contact is Nugget by the way: I've a feeling we saw him earlier on in Dean and Colby's time on the show, possibly at Colby's wedding.

Yeah he's oft-mentioned when they need some River Boy assistance, but the wedding has been his only appearance so far - the venue was his dad's property, and he also sorted out the booze.

F7HY9x.jpg

If it wasn't for that, he maybe could have been the Madge Wilkins of his generation...

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2021 at 06:07, Red Ranger 1 said:

Aaand we're back!

I did feel sorry for Amber here, whatever her many other faults, she does love Jai.So does Dean, of course, and their scenes together were quite sweet, but he's clearly got no clear plan and hasn't thought this through.I'm glad Amber gave the odious Francesca a well-deserved serve. Colby and Willow were mainly deployed as supportive friends here but...was Colby bluffing at the end or something? Could he really arrest Dean without actually receiving a complaint?

On 06/01/2021 at 06:19, Red Ranger 1 said:

I continued to feel sorry for Amber, and I loved the scenes between her and John, with them again bringing out a softer side in each other. While Dean was wrong to even think of taking Jai away from her permanently, she's equally wrong to try and cut him out of Jai's life completely and hasn't given enough thought to the effect it'll have on Jai.I'd like to think it's a knee jerk reaction and she'll change her mind when she calms down, but in reality I don't think it's anything to do with what Dean's done, it's to do with Francesca and the fact she'll never accept Dean and the fact Amber feels in some way beholden and/or dependent on her. She really should have done more to address Jai being left alone rather than dismissing it. Dean blaming Colby? Well, Francesca's attitude stems from Colby getting her son killed, but if it wasn't for that then Dean might never have Jai in the first place, so I'm not 100% behind him for once.I did get a slight satisfaction from the sight of Colby on his own in Salt without any friends though...

 

 

On 06/01/2021 at 04:16, Slade said:

Despite my dislike towards Amber, I did actually think she was very reasonable in that episode and actually found myself annoyed at Dean, particularly his refusal to respond to any attempts from her (or anybody else) to contact him.  I actually thought she was well within her rights to go to the police and was annoyed the way Willow was trying to stop her from taking things further.

Really don't like the position Ziggy's in because of Tane.

1. While I don't doubt that Amber loves Jai, I have little sympathy for her. There's no denying that Dean crossed a line, but the only reason he did it was out of the same desperation that some parents in real life runaway with their kids for. There are so many things in the situation that Amber could have done in a more reasonable manner.

  • Reigning in her mom
  • Compromising with Dean
  • Resisting the urge to constantly threaten him with cutting him off from Jai every time he dare disagree with her.

Instead, she caused nearly every issue  in the relationship by making everything about her ego, her feelings, or her toxic sense of entitlement. The fact that she's currently sympathetic doesn't erase that fact. And I am extra peeved because, judging by soap opera logic, she's gonna be portrayed as a blameless, innocent victim.

2. I thought Dean blaming Colby was a bit off too, but I guessed a few reasons behind it

- Dean blames him because once again, he was unwilling to have his back in a bad situation, despite the numerous times Dean has done the opposite for his family.

- Dean blames him because helping him has caused most of the bad stuff in his life. I'm not that familiar with his backstory, but from what I recall from the information members have told me, a good number of the stuff on his record was because he helped Colby with something, only for Colby to leave him holding the bag.

-Dean was just angry and needed a target.

3. I like where Ziggy is in right now. After giving Dean grief for covering for Colby, she went and covered for Tane for a crime she doesn't even know the full details of. Hypocritical

Edited by John
Punctuation added
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Dan F unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.