Dan F

2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

On ‎29‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 20:12, Helena said:

My tv guide says that home and away is on 5star Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday and Friday.

Quick check of the Channel 5 website confirms it's only on Mondays and Fridays (repeat of the day's Channel 5 episode at 3.30pm and First Look at 6.30pm). Otherwise, its evening slot has been given over to repeats of Can't Pay We'll Take It Away...

Bella's been referred to as being 17 already. In normal circumstances, she wouldn't be too far off turning 18, but with episodes being rationed, it could take years...

Anyway, today. Oh, Marilyn, you were doing so well.I liked her kindness and everything, and I'm willing to accept it was a good place, but she was out of order inviting the Paratas to stay without consulting John: It wasn't even a spur of the moment decision, she'd obviously been planning it.Her justification reminded me of the days when Alf used to treat Miles' house like a hotel for his old friends and then accuse him of betraying the spirit of Tom and Pippa if he objected. She's put everyone in a difficult position: John has to either go along with it or look bad, and the Paratas are left feeling unwanted.Actually, Gemma was a bit presumptuous herself accepting it without asking Ari and Nikau (who were right there!) if they liked the idea. I know John can be pompous, but Nikau really didn't help matters by being rude to him: What did he hope to achieve? Ari actually handled it well for once, not rising to it, although he was probably just trying to set a good example.It feels from Ryder's comments that we're meant to see John as motivated by jealousy, but there are times when it feels as though he's got good reason for being annoyed with Marilyn even without that.

Last time I checked, Mackenzie and Colby weren't even dating: They broke off way back when Bella was (really) recuperating from her immunisations.So I don't see why she shouldn't join a dating site if she wants, although it did seem a bit abrupt when she was only talking about not having that sort of relationship with Colby the previous episode.Ryder proves that whatever fine qualities he might possess, keeping a secret is not one of them.Okay, when it's really important he can manage it, but he seemed to do everything possible to make Dean suspicious here.Of course, Mackenzie's date promptly turns out to be the next guest villain.She really can't catch a break.

Spoiler

Something else I missed about Bella I mean.  

As suspected John is jealous, not in  a sexual way, about Maz being close to Ari and why can't she  turn to him.  It's as Maz said he, Ari, was there,  John wasn't so couldn't understand. It would be the same the other way  round if John had been through something similar.  Though his having those flashbacks and being the arsonist would count as PTSD and he cut himself off from Marilyn and others even when they wanted to help.  Maz said to Irene, things hadn't been right between her and John for a while but they have been there before many times before and always come through.  

Maybe part of Maz knew John would say no if she had consulted him about  the Parata's moving in, it is a big ask, three adults, bit of a difference from one teenager. It wasn't doing any of them camping out in the car, just making Ari and Nik all the more grumpy with each other than they are already. Nik was pushing it washing his clothes under the shower.  John after his talk with was  more reasonable when he got back home and it helped knowing Ari wouldn't be staying there. 

Crafty move there by Roo getting Nik to help her unload the gear for the bait shop.  He can be a hard worker when he can be bothered, Roo isn't a push over, she is Alf's daughter after all and wouldn't have paid him otherwise. It wasn't much but he was really chuffed by it. Ari isn't work shy as John claims, he's can't get signed off to go back to work.  Not the first time John has made the remarks "We know nothing about them, where they come from etc" He said the same about the Morgan's, Robbo, but then Robbo didn't know anything about his past. Was it my imagination but were Ari and Nik actually being civil to each other when asking Roo about renting a van? 

Interesting if tense phone call between Gemma and Tane. 

Didn't take Ryder long to crack about Mac's blind date when Dean tackled him. As it turned out a good thing seeing as he wasn't just an ex but one set on blackmailing her.  He doesn't have a leg to stand on, she kept his name out of it when it happened and she is paying Rick back so he'd just be dropping himself in it.  She didn't want Colby to know because she was embarrassed about moving on, but as they aren't together there shouldn't be a problem.  

I thought Patricia said she wasn't the one to speak to Bella yet she was back and still not getting anywhere, and  her pushing Bella to open up wasn't I thought the way counsellors usually work.  Nice to see Ryder and Bella being friends again and on an easy footing.

• Confused 1

@H&Alover Your post appears to include details on both the Channel 5 and 5STAR episodes (as you're aware, this thread is C5 pace only) - I'm not going to go back through the eps and try and cross-reference each sentence of your post, so I've put the whole post in a spoiler tag for now. If you wish to edit it yourself to remove the spoilers then feel free to do so.

I did enjoy those Roo/Nikau scenes, they have a good rapport (mainly down to Georgie and Kawakawa I think)

• Like 1

Oops many apologies there Dan F.:blush: 

Nik's a good looking lad when he smiles. Roo's also grateful to him for helping Ryder. 

• Like 1