2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Let's be honest, Ziggy hasn't always been a straight arrow: When she first worked at the garage, she was willing to turn a blind eye to the stash of dodgy money and credit card skimmer Willow had hidden in one of the cars (Mason: "I won't ask how you know what it is"). But yeah, Justin's put a lot of trust in her and been good for her, even if it's perhaps a slight exaggeration for her to say he's always had her back. (She wasn't keen on him keeping Brody and Simone's affair secret.) So she's not keen on Tane using the garage as a base for his dodgy dealings, but she's not going to see him arrested either.Perhaps Tane will learn an important lesson about not being able to go home again: He's not really up to this anymore and the friends he was bragging about aren't real friends.

Justin makes a choice which may or may not be the right one but it's his, and they can reassess further down the line.Him and Leah hiding while Tori and Christian said good night was kind of amusing.Tori goes into a panic again, and Christian once again uses getting her away from Justin as an excuse to talk. Why are they scheduling a time to sleep together instead of just doing it though? When you've got a show that's lost all its school age characters, there's a risk of having your adult characters act the same way. This might be down to episode counts though: Christian seems to do a lot of disappearing off to the city when his storyline needs to be rested.

Another brief team-up of Ryder and Jasmine! Jasmine's in supportive friend mode right until she remembers Grace will be affected by this. But really, what was she expecting, Tori to be an eternal single parent? (This nearly happened the other way of course, with Robbo and Jasmine looking after Grace.) I hope this isn't going to set her back, although she does seem more self-aware than when she was having troubles before.

On 15/11/2020 at 17:06, UK_fan said:

Jasmine is NOT crazy.   She's slowly getting her life together

<SNIP>

Who are you trying to convince, me or you?

Very disappointed with Tane although I guess old habits die hard.  I have to say, surprisingly I've liked Ziggy a lot more since she's been single.  And I do actually quite like the scenes with Tane although I really hope they keep the relationship platonic.  I also like the way she's got Justin's back at the moment.  That being said I would like to see some sort of reconciliation with Dean if only to put Amber's nose out of joint as it's always felt like she mentioned Jai in to reclaim him.

Looks as though the crazy one's turning into the green eyed monster lol?

Ziggy did have the reputation of being  a rebel and bad girl but she has reformed and she respects Justin and she now has a responsibility in the garage from being a grunt to being a qualified mechanic backed by Justin, he even took her back when her career as a race track crew member didn't work out.   She has come a long way from that wild child we first met getting Brody to hide her from Ben.

I hope Tane did a good job hiding the van, now all he has to do is drive it the city and dump it without being nicked.?  I think he was a tiny bit scared of Ziggy, she wasn't going to stand any sort of waffle from him and he took being bossed about by her very well.   

It's not been that long since Tane was in the dodgy dealings world, but seems it's been long enough that he is now out of the loop.  All his old 'mates' who he helped out back in the day, can't or won't help him now.  Hopefully he'll get back and no-one will notice his absence too much.

I did wonder what Justin made of Ziggy and Tane rocking up together. ?

I'm glad Justin confided in her, just her and Irene in on the secret then, at least she knows where she stands, who knows maybe Tane will go down the getting a mechanics qualification himself.  He probably can fix cars fine, Ziggy did, and he seems good at paperwork, not Ziggy's forte, so should find it pretty easy.

Tori, love, I'm sure both Justin and Leah have read all about the possible side effects of the radiotherapy so knows what he could be putting himself through and  every case is different.  He's Christian's patient so butt out, though that is easier said than done, which Christian does recognises and understands, her being a doctor and the patients sister is a double whammy.  Yes Tori can be a control freak. 

I do like Tori and Christian together, she is so funny and he just responds with a smile on his face, but not in a nasty or patronising way. 

I like we found out a bit more about him, he'd been in Doctors without Frontiers  which sounds quite a serious thing to get involved with, he'd been married, his friends with his ex and her new hubby, not a serial dater.?  Be interesting to hear how Tori explains the whole Robbo and Grace story if the relationship progresses that far she feels comfortable with telling him about it.

It's a wonder his ears weren't burning when he walked into the Diner and saw Irene, Tori and Jasmine talking and swiftly left.  Shot yourself in the foot a bit there the night before, Tori,  when you said you were a feminist and insisted you paid for the meal so therefore what was stopping you kissing him?   Did seem odd him booking a night to sleep with Tori, where's the spontaneity in that?  Did he say he's going to Reefton Lakes, isn't that where Karen is? 

Did I miss the hook up with Ryder and Jasmine?  She seemed really happy that Tori had found someone and knowing he was an OK type of guy.  Then she saw Tori, Grace and Christian and how Christian was with Grace, he's just got the knack with babies, but it would get her thinking about what would happen when Tori did meet a guy, doesn't have to be Christian, they did become a proper couple, maybe even marry, he'd be Grace's step daddy. No way though would Tori let Grace forget about her daddy. We don't see it but I'm sure she shows Grace his pictures all the time and talks about him too as much as Grace would understand and as she gets older she'll keep telling her.  Robbo would have been just as concerned about letting just any man into his daughter's life. 

Good to see Jasmine talking to Irene about it and not bottling it up, I think Irene would reassure her that Tori wouldn't let Robbo be forgotten. 

6 hours ago, Slade said:

Who are you trying to convince, me or you?

Very disappointed with Tane although I guess old habits die hard.  I have to say, surprisingly I've liked Ziggy a lot more since she's been single.  And I do actually quite like the scenes with Tane although I really hope they keep the relationship platonic.  I also like the way she's got Justin's back at the moment.  That being said I would like to see some sort of reconciliation with Dean if only to put Amber's nose out of joint as it's always felt like she mentioned Jai in to reclaim him.

Looks as though the crazy one's turning into the green eyed monster lol?

You.   Jasmine isn't crazy, she's been through an emotional time and is still recovering from it, some of her behaviour hasn't done her any favours and she had to take responsibility for the end, but also at the same time I felt sympathy for her as she was still grieving over losing Robbo and losing their hopes for the future with potential children gone forever and every time she thinks she can start to process it all and move on she finds herself at setback mode, but there will be light at the end of the tunnel for her.

I just don't like the crazy one tag, it's an insult and she was grieving, loss affects people in many ways?   Jasmine's behaviour towards Tori got to breaking point that eventually after so much arguments, stubborness and frustrations from Jasmine, Tori and others involved that Jasmine finally realised that she mentally/emotionally wasn't coping and needed help to deal with her grief/issues, that doesn't make her a bad person.

49 minutes ago, UK_fan said:

You.   Jasmine isn't crazy, she's been through an emotional time and is still recovering from it, some of her behaviour hasn't done her any favours and she had to take responsibility for the end, but also at the same time I felt sympathy for her as she was still grieving over losing Robbo and losing their hopes for the future with potential children gone forever and every time she thinks she can start to process it all and move on she finds herself at setback mode, but there will be light at the end of the tunnel for her.

I just don't like the crazy one tag, it's an insult and she was grieving, loss affects people in many ways?   Jasmine's behaviour towards Tori got to breaking point that eventually after so much arguments, stubborness and frustrations from Jasmine, Tori and others involved that Jasmine finally realised that she mentally/emotionally wasn't coping and needed help to deal with her grief/issues, that doesn't make her a bad person.

Well tough, because you're wasting your time.  You haven't convinced me of anything.  I'm not going to change what I say just because you don't like it.  Nobody's sticking a gun to your head and forcing you to read my posts OK?  H & A is not real life.  It's a scripted drama with fictional characters and I don't see anything wrong with criticising a fictional character in a fictional program.  You can defend crazy Jasmine all you like but I'll continue to refer to her like that, when I see the need.  Understood?

Ooh, where to start with today? Well, maybe Tori's utter confusion over Christian booking a time to sleep together. Justin really didn't want to be in the room while she was giving him and Leah way too much information, and I liked his little "I told you so" over her IVF, but it looks as though he's back to mistrusting Jasmine after they've been getting on well lately. I guess Tori and Jasmine handled it as best they could: Jasmine explained how she feels, Tori did her best to reassure her, they had a fairly normal conversation about it but Tori resolved not to use Jasmine as her go-to confidante anymore.

Colby and Taylor are keeping apart for now, but like Bella, I suspect it's a case of who cracks first.Angelo isn't helping: He knows something's going on but is still leaving Taylor alone.It does feel as though him investigating their affair is a bit of a side issue, but maybe he's planning to reverse the trick and see if he can get Colby to slip up.He did repeat Colby's trick by impersonating him to get information.

How was Bella wearing different clothes the next day? Did she go home to get changed or is she keeping a change of clothes at Nikau's? So, finally confirmation that Gemma isn't coming back. I wouldn't be at all bothered if Nikau left: I don't hate him or anything, but he's probably my least favourite Parata, spending most of his time being dull, annoying or both.

10 hours ago, Slade said:

Well tough, because you're wasting your time.  You haven't convinced me of anything.  I'm not going to change what I say just because you don't like it.  Nobody's sticking a gun to your head and forcing you to read my posts OK?  H & A is not real life.  It's a scripted drama with fictional characters and I don't see anything wrong with criticising a fictional character in a fictional program.  You can defend crazy Jasmine all you like but I'll continue to refer to her like that, when I see the need.  Understood?

Each to their own.   I know H&A is fictional, please don't insult me, but referring to a character who was still grieving for the loss of a loved one and is all over the place emotionally as crazy just doesn't sit or feels right for me, but I guess that's just me.

I haven't said there is anything wrong with criticising Jasmine BTW, don't know where you have got that from unless you've made it up?   I've criticised some of her behaviour myself.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UK_fan said:

Each to their own.   I know H&A is fictional, please don't insult me, but referring to a character who was still grieving for the loss of a loved one and is all over the place emotionally as crazy just doesn't sit or feels right for me, but I guess that's just me.

I haven't said there is anything wrong with criticising Jasmine BTW, don't know where you have got that from unless you've made it up?   I've criticised some of her behaviour myself.

It doesn't sit right with you - From a fictional program.  That's my point.  There's an argument that it may be hyperbolic but that's it as far as I'm concerned in the context of the fictional program.

I haven't said you said there was anything wrong with criticising crazy Jasmine BTW, don't know where you got that from unless you've made it up.

Yes, Colby is a good cop - Judge, jury and executioner.  It's getting really tense with him and Angelo both of them taking turns to psych each other out via the staring competition they seem to have going at the moment.  You can even feel the tension in the scenes with Angelo and Taylor especially when they were at Salt.  It will be interesting to see how Angelo plays this now that he's presumably found out about the affair.  I think he's too smart to directly confront them about it.  And given the murder investigation has effectively turned into a p*ssing contest between Colby and Angelo, both desperately want to win at all costs, it wouldn't surprise me if Angelo will probably try and use this to his advantage.

I have to admit, Justin made me laugh again, when his cautious or should I say logical side regarding Jasmine resurfaced although he used the word 'intense'.  I mean really Tori can date who she likes.  Strictly speaking she shouldn't really care how it affects Jasmine.  I've always felt that a post Robbo life should be starting from scratch away from the bay and away from Grace.  But there is the argument Tori's been so ambiguous, especially during the whole restraining order debacle that she's put herself in this position and she's only got herself to blame.  Although at least Tori and Jasmine squared things afterwards.

• Like 1

I ignore the 'crazy' label, only said to wind people up.  Would upset people who are going through what Jasmine went through in real life though.

Although Leah found the 'booking a night together' thing funny Justin was just plain embarrassed. Maybe that is just the way Christian is?  

Why did he drag up the whole IVF thing up, it's over, it's done - move on. True most people normally have it when they are in a proper stable relationship not because the woman's time to have a child is running out due to a medical condition and she doesn't know any good, decent men who she'd like to be the dad.  I also thought he overreacted when Tori mentioned Jasmine's comments, Jas was quite calm about it, just mentioned it surprised her seeing Christian holding Grace.  She'd already voiced her worries to Irene and it seemed she was going to talk to her counsellor.  They both had a good talk about it and as I thought there is no way Tori would let Grace forget about her daddy.  Of course that is another subject that Tori will need to have whoever she does get together with - if she does - how Grace came about.  

Colby finished with Taylor so why was he hanging around her oh so casually - was he just winding her up, he shut her down later when she was, it seemed, asking to see him again.   If Angelo is any good at reading body language he would have picked up something when Colby came to the station when Taylor was there and it seems he is because that is when he asked his boss  if he could access Coby's phone messages so he could trace any calls about Ross's murder, he was quite rightly denied that as he had no proof. Instead he used Colby's name to access his own wife's message on the pretext she was the woman getting stalker messages.  Is that even legal? Then he used that info to ring Colby's mobile.  I'm guessing he didn't know Colby's mobile number, unless it was another phone Colby has just for calls between him and Taylor?  I may be wrong but it seemed to me Angelo had it in for Colby the moment he arrived.

Shane Gemma won't be back - I liked her. Big ask that Nik go home and live with her, he's made a life for himself in the bay, he's got a job, girlfriend, keeps Tane and Ari in check. On the other hand he does miss her.  We did see him in the trailer ask Colby to have the ban on his passport lifted so he must be thinking about it or maybe it's just so he can visit her? 

• Haha 1

Angelo seems to be a few steps ahead of Colby at last, but is it going to do him any good? I did enjoy him winding Colby and Taylor up by suggesting they all eat together, with Colby coming up with increasingly desperate excuses: I'm surprised neither of them pointed out that Angelo doesn't like Colby anyway! I'm not sure if Angelo was telling the truth about a witness or just playing Taylor.It certainly sent her running straight to Colby, allowing him to photograph them together, which is good news if he's after a divorce, not so much if he's after a murderer. It did cross my mind that he might use it as evidence to get the bug authorised, but I'm not sure why his superiors would agree to that.Colby's continuing to deny everything to Taylor anyway, so hard to see what good it would do.

I always like Ryder and Bella scenes, but much as it pains me to admit it, the best advice she got came from Colby.It seems he's well and truly abandoned his vendetta against the Paratas, although he's not going to admit he was wrong to go after them in the first place.(Of course, his biggest mistake was focusing his attention on Ari, who's the least dodgy of them!)

Dean and Amber's truce didn't last very long.As Willow points out, it was based on Dean making a promise he couldn't keep.John's side of the phone conversation with Karen is entertaining.Francesca's clearly not a fan of Colby, but I still find it hard to believe she'd keep quiet if she knew he ran away from the crash: Given that she's not a fan of Willow (who wasn't in the crash) either, she probably just associates him with that lifestyle and resents the fact that he bailed on them when Jai died. After all, Willow hated him for the same reason when he first came back. (I've just realised...Dean told Amber what really happened but not Willow? Huh.)