2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Alf's sisters - are we just talking about Morag, seeing as we still don't know if she is alive or not and Celia or including Barbara and Colleen?

But Leah had closed the site down and only she had the password for it as Irene explained to Colby.  Was it only two months? 

it's a matter of medical record Bella took those pills it was Alex who recommended Bella to the counsellor  wasn't it?  Colby was only offering background information. 

Looks like Colby will be saving himself some money with this distance schooling thing Maggie has found. 

He may not be everyone's favourite cop, but he did make some very valid points to Justin, he is most certainly not the person to join the vlog/blog page to draw whoever this is bloke is out.  He's too wound up and too close, he could, and seeing his state of mind would, as Colby said say the wrong thing and spook him.  It needs someone who is used to doing this kind of thing and while that is going on the tech team will try and trace where the  site is being run from.  However long it has been Leah, apparently, is still alive, well it needs to be thought she is.  Irene was assuming so as she said Leah would never tell anyone her password but supposing she didn't have a choice and was tortured and then killed? Whoever he is he's articulate even if he has trouble with his spelling, funny the things you focus on.

Tori is knocking her head against a brick wall in telling Justin  he shouldn't blame himself for Leah going missing, he was with Tori who was just coming round from her coma, the hospital could have collapsed around them and he wouldn't have noticed.  You can't be with someone 24/7 and Leah is an independent woman quite used to looking after herself. 

May just be me it sounded odd to, but it was still referred to as being at Brody and Raffy's.:unsure:

Tori hasn't had much of a maternity  leave has she, spent  part of it in protective custody and the other part in  a coma. She seemed ready to go back mentally but is she medically? 

I think they kept switching from funeral to service before which got me confused then.  Have Willow and Alex just come back or is it just now we've seen them?  Willow would have had her classes and Alex would have shifts at NDH.   Talking of Alex her new gig is Queensland which although just the next state is a very big so not a short drive/flight away.  Willow mentioned she couldn't just leave her dad so Alex obviously knows about him -  have they met?  Be  a big wrench for Willow, though Alex has checked out if there will be work for her.   Now the gym, Willow should ask Jasmine about it, may give her something to think about, the customers have been pretty patient thorough change of owners, staff shortages, getting chucked out at short notice when a drama arose. 

Seems  we are going to be cut back on episodes from next week due to the corona virus so be very little to discuss.  No mention from Channel 5 if they will be showing old episodes  to fill the gap. :(

One other thing I thought when the new posts on Leah's blog were described as rants: Isn't that what all of her last few posts were?!

Justin's had so many blows one after the other that it's no surprise he's crumbling: He's practically lost everything and is still needed to prop up Tori.So it's good that Ben and Ziggy were there for him and organised a gesture of support. (They even got Dean there: What did Ziggy promise him for that?!) It's a shame that my opinion of Marilyn has become so jaundiced: She took a big hit years ago over George, and the show sensibly kept her away from children for a while after that. But on the back of her proprietorial attitude towards Raffy (even if there was an effort to show her and John working with the Morgans rather than cutting them out last year), her deciding she's going to be looking after Grace left alarm bells ringing. Tori will drive herself mad second-guessing what Robbo would want for Grace, best just to get on with it.

I was unimpressed with Dean's behaviour towards Alex and Willow: It seemed to be less about what's best for Willow and more about him not wanting to lose his buddy, while Mackenzie was more of a friend to her.So, Willow's decided to take the plunge, see how it pans out.

Leah did get ranty but from what Tori and Justin have said about the posts they are really anti women and full of hate.  

Justin feels he still has to be the big brother and be able to fix everything, which is not humanly possible.  Leah is an adult so he is NOT responsible for her or her actions.  Is Tori in need of propping up or just Justin thinking she needs it? Surprised the garage is actually still open, no wonder Justin had trouble finding the keys,  there's only Justin and Ziggy running it, she's been missing for a few weeks as has Justin, even before that they never seemed to be there. I'm glad he opened up to Ziggy and didn't do the usual macho thing of shrugging her off.  Good to see how many got involved with Ben and Ziggy's idea, he's just got to learn to accept help as Ben was advising him to do, he knows from recent past experience how easy it is to slip into a very black hole. 

Yes Tori you can't second guess everything to do with Grace's upbringing, talking about schools and what type of music she'll like.  Robbo went through something similar when Tori was in her coma.  They sadly never got a proper chance to talk about it. Just let her grow up, she'll pick up likes, dislikes from both of you, sometimes it's inherent, not what dad or mum would try and influence you with if they were there. 

Three weeks is short noice  for a creche to work to, of course if things had gone as they should have she would have had plenty of time to sort that out. That did get alarm bells ringing with me too about Marilyn looking after Grace, she hasn't even suggested it to Tori, John wasn't overjoyed but that maybe because looking after a young baby is a lot different to looking after a teenager.  Tori hasn't worked out all the little quirks that come with a new baby yet.  

Dean said more or less the same thing to Willow that he said to Ziggy about it not being down to him what they decided.  I guess he was as before not wanting to impose his will by saying they shouldn't go but also not wanting them to think they should stay.  Technically Willow isn't a long term Bay resident, like Dean she grew up in Mango River.   It'll be a wrench for Willow but like Ziggy going for her 'dream job' which didn't work out if Willow does go with Alex and if that doesn't work out like Ziggy she can come back otherwise she'll always wonder "What if?"  Though of course Ziggy did have a job to go to whereas Willow is assuming she'll easily get one. 

Alf's episode count this week:Two. From now of course, "weeks" will consist of two episodes until we're told otherwise so I'll be keeping an eye on blocks of five. (This rationing of episodes does unfortunately mean if characters and storylines were meant to be at the beginning of one week and end of the next, we'll go three weeks without seeing them.But enough of that when we get there.)

I've been very critical of Marilyn at times, including yesterday, and I've even expressed concern about her level of interest in the Paratas.But here, she really was just being kind to someone that needed it and it was nice to see.John's had valid concerns up to now, but here he just came across as jealous and petty.That said, Ari continues to do himself no favours at times: Most people have wanted to lamp John at one point or another, but he looked like he might actually have done it, and it's a good job Dean was there to step in.Ari seemed to be presenting Ryder as what Nikau could be if he tried hard enough, but there was a bit of a feeling of "how the other half live": Nikau doesn't have a grandfather to buy him a car and get mates to do it up for free.Anyone else a bit amused that Gemma always seems to put on an accent when she says Ari's name?

I'm glad Ryder got his job back at Salt, I don't think Mackenzie ever wanted to fire him in the first place.According to Ryder, Colby has said that Jade's in hot water and he could sue her for defamation.Of course, knowing Colby he could well have said that without having a clue where Jade is, which is what some of us actually want to know...

Justin gets some wise words from Ben and returns a favour by giving Ziggy a leg-up with her career.Of course, from our perspective, those four weeks could last a long time...

I think it's going to be very hit and miss as to when episodes are going to be on. Looking at the schedules no sign of it on 5 next week unless you know different?  Oh I've found it, they're on 5Star all over the place though. Monday 15.30  and 18.30,  Friday 15.30 and 18.30.  Will it be posted on the forum anywhere of the times as they become known so we can keep up?

I liked how kind without being patronising Marilyn was to the Parata's.  I agree John was acting  jealous because of  the closeness there is between Marilyn and Ari.  He is usually the same about new comers who seem to him to be dodgy, Robbo, Ben and Dean until they prove themselves to him. Ari does have a short fuse but John does ask for it sometimes.  I'll keep an ear open for Gemma when she says Ari.:wink:

At last Ryder has his car, even if he can't drive it.  Justin did absolutely the right thing is asking to see Nik's licence, he doesn't know him from Adam, In fact I think that was the first time he had met him. It does make him 18 at least, we must have missed Ryder turning 19 and isn't it time Bella was 17? 

The Parata's we have been led to believe from what Gemma and Ari have both said have been on the  move a lot so Nik hasn't had a chance to knuckle down to anything, steady job, Tafe so not his fault. 

Justin really appreciated everyone pitching  in and hopefully he will take Ben's advice on board.  Great he is pushing through Ziggy's apprenticeship.  Gave her and Dean a reason to, um, celebrate. 

No apology from Mac for taking Jade's word over his which I was disappointed about, she seemed more concerned about finding herself a date. 

Dissent between Alex and Willow.  Shock news from Leah!

2 hours ago, H&Alover said:

I think it's going to be very hit and miss as to when episodes are going to be on. Looking at the schedules no sign of it on 5 next week unless you know different?  Oh I've found it, they're on 5Star all over the place though. Monday 15.30  and 18.30,  Friday 15.30 and 18.30.  Will it be posted on the forum anywhere of the times as they become known so we can keep up?

It's been posted on the main site since Wednesday and discussed in the C5 Transmission thread.

The show will be airing on Channel 5 on Mondays and Fridays at 13:15.

There's no 6pm airing, so if you record it you'll need to make sure it's set to the lunchtime showing.

The 5STAR first look eps are also limited to Monday and Friday, in the usual timeslot.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dan F said:

It's been posted on the main site since Wednesday and discussed in the C5 Transmission thread.

The show will be airing on Channel 5 on Mondays and Fridays at 13:15.

There's no 6pm airing, so if you record it you'll need to make sure it's set to the lunchtime showing.

The 5STAR first look eps are also limited to Monday and Friday, in the usual timeslot.

Sorry - didn't read the C5 Transmisson thread - didn't know it was there to tell the truth.   But thanks for the info, I'll know here to look now. 

Edited by H&Alover

Nice that Maz continued her kindness towards the Parata's but she really should have discussed it with John first before inviting them to stay.  He can be a galah sometimes but I did think he had a right to be miffed. 

Personally, I think the best course of action would have been for Maz to ask Roo if they could come to some arrangement as to them staying at the caravan park (but then there's no trigger for tension between Maz and John, which seems to be what's intended here, I suspect).

I think Mac has been a bit quick to jump into the dating game (great name for a dating site ?).  Unless I've missed something, she hasn't even had a conversation with Colby about where their relationship is going.  They just haven't seen each other (and that's only because he hasn't been in it for a few eps).

Loved the exchange between Ben and Dean re checking out guys ?.

• Like 1