2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Red, people in the bay having locks on their  bathroom doors  is on a par with everyone locking their front/back doors. ?   

To add to what happened to Ross, Dean was rather put on the spot after the deed had been done.  It was never the plan for Bella to know what happened to Ross, but she kept worrying about him coming back to finish Colby off so he felt he had to tell her so she wouldn't be on edge every time he walked out the door.    Needless to say she had/has  mixed emotions about it.  

Mac was a little worried about breaking the news to Dean she was moving in with Ari, Tane and Nikau with very good reason.   Both her and Tane were putting up a good front, though it turned out it's Tane who is having the problem.  Clever trick that by TPTB showing us that kiss between them then revealing it was only Tane's wishful thinking.   For all you've said about him Red, Nikau does have a wise head on his shoulders pointing out the problem he can see with Mac moving in for who knows how long.   I'm guessing she doesn't know he knows about Tane's feelings for her. He can't keep staying out all  night, it is, as Nik, pointed out, his home and he does pay the rent. Rather sweet Nik offering to be a ear should Tane need to talk. 

Very romantic idea of Ari's.:wub: Shouldn't stereotype him that just because he is a big tough guy it should stop him being capable doing something like that. 

I liked how Mac and Dean were both there for each other, both giving and taking advice about their respective romantic situations.  Ziggy being away all week hasn't helped as Dean hasn't seen Jai anyway.  In a way, to me at least,  doesn't give out the right signals to Amber if Ziggy isn't around, they need to show a united front to Amber.   One thing though Ziggy has been acting very mature about the whole thing, no throwing a strop or anything in fact. 

I thought the idea was Ava was coning to the bay haven't Justin and Leah only recently come back from the city?  Ava is a teenager now - I think, so though it will be hard I think Justin does need to tell her something.  She's be very hurt if she found out later he didn't feel she was old enough to be trusted to know her dad was ill.

Is anyone in the Parata's going to mention when/if Gemma is coming back?

Edited by H&Alover
  • Like 1

Angelo's face when Bella walked into the police station was priceless.  It wasn't even about Bella.  He just wanted to get one over on Colby.

Very surprised Angelo's wife doesn't think Colby is hitting on her.  It will be interesting to see what he's planning.  Angelo's so obsessed with the case, his wife feels neglected so is at the very least enjoying the attention/company Colby's giving her.

So Irene herself said the main reason Jasmine's even getting help is to have access to Grace.

Didn't agree with Alf giving Nikau his job back at all.

Really not liking Amber, especially after the way she was acting towards Ziggy re Jai.

Mackenzie moving into the Parata's is absolute craziness, which Dean quite correctly pointed out.  I was hoping someone was imagining things when we first saw them kiss but I suspect it's inevitable that kiss will be for real.

Tori annoyed me when she arranged for Ava to come over to see Justin now putting him in an extremely difficult situation.  I liked the way Leah refused to leave when Tori just wanted to talk to Justin herself and how Leah has his corner.

I can't fathom what either Colby or Taylor think they're playing at here.I don't know if Taylor and Angelo are meant to have been having problems for a while, but all we've seen is him being less than attentive for a couple of weeks and suddenly she's kissing the first guy to show her attention.And what is Colby trying to achieve? This won't help him find out what Angelo's doing or get Taylor to plead his case. Is he trying to distract Angelo, or make it look as though it's personal if Angelo tries to blame the murder on him? Because he seems to have long since given up on trying to convince Angelo he's innocent. It was a bit throwaway but it sounds like Angelo's found the car Colby and Dean used to track down Ross, and later to transport his body in. Colby was once desperate to stop a forensic examination of it, but there's a chance all the evidence has been washed away in the last year and a half. I wonder if McCarthy ever bothered to log that watch they found?

I know Amber propositioned Dean when she first turned up, but up until now I'm not sure her behaviour has really suggested she's after him: She's been more interested in Tane. Nice little scene of Tane meeting Jai by the way, and I'm wondering after the last couple of episodes if he and Dean might become friends: They've got a fair bit in common, after all. Mackenzie again seems more uncomfortable with Tane having feelings for her than about reciprocating them. Tane is right that her moving straight out again would look suspicious.

I seem to remember Ava was starting high school this year, so probably not quite a teenager yet.

On 05/10/2020 at 19:32, Red Ranger 1 said:

Killing him was basically entirely down to Colby. Dean was present but tried to talk him out of it, although he quickly switched to hiding the body and getting rid of the evidence afterwards.

Thanks. Just to be clear did Dean Insist on hiding the body or did Colby coerce him into it?

Sorry Slade you were wrong about that kiss, it was in Tane's imagination.

Maybe Taylor's problems with Angelo being so engrossed in his work has been building for a  while but now they are in a small town where she doesn't know anyone, no work to keep her busy has intensified it.  Angelo did seem very dismissive when she told him Willow was happy to put flyers up advertising her massage therapy sessions. Did wonder what she did for a job when she was in the city. What was it he said "If it keeps you entertained"? She told Colby Angelo didn't take it seriously, maybe that is why she thought he would laugh.  Whether his ulterior methods were in play or not his suggestion she ask Willow if could advertise in the gym was a good idea, lots of people could benefit, John for one. Dean was wary of course when he saw them together again, despite Colby claiming he knows what he is doing, I'm not sure he does.  He doesn't seem to have an actual plan what he would do with anything that Taylor may reveal to him and what could he do about it anyway? It seems, that what Angelo told Taylor, almost as if he was thinking aloud, didn't sink in with her.  I may be wrong but didn't we see the watch recently??  What's puzzling me though is why there is  such an interest in Ross's murder, it's not like he was a  big time criminal, he was a low life scumbag at the bottom of the food chain. Is there something going on behind the scenes no-one, but Angelo, knows about?  Amazing what they can find out forensic wise nowadays, depends where the car has been, if it was covered up somewhere it would have a bit sheltered from the elements. He did say "it's my case" which makes him seem obsessive about it. 

Very caustic atmosphere between Colby and Angelo, Angelo always addresses him as Thorne, not even Senior Constable Thorne and Colby called him Rosetta in front of Taylor.  Taylor did look stunning in that black dress and Angelo barely looked at her.  I'm sure he wasn't averse to appreciating a good looking woman in his early days. OK Taylor was grateful to Colby for pointing her in the right direction, but to rock up at his place at night, dressed in her work gear, I assume she wears that for all her clients, ready to give him a thank you massage, now that he didn't set up.  Massages can be very, um, relaxing and sensual which it was in this case. True Colby made the first move in on her but she is a grown woman and could have pulled away but no she let him move in for another one. 

As if Dean was going to pass up the chance to spend the day with his son, which maybe or maybe not was what Amber was banking on.  She did get it right though, as I was thinking the same thing, that kiss Ziggy gave Dean was for her benefit.  This serious talk Dean wanted with Amber, was she reading it wrong as he didn't explain himself properly and thinking he wanted them all to be a family?  Whereas I thought he meaning he was wanting Ziggy to be part of Jai's life because she was part of his life.  Colby said something to Ziggy earlier about Amber being really into Dean when they were younger. 

Tane is finding it difficult living in the same house with Mac and seeing her around so much.  Good decision on his part then to suggest they do different shifts, it'll cut down on the time they'll be around each other. 

13 hours ago, Nephlim14 said:

Thanks. Just to be clear did Dean Insist on hiding the body or did Colby coerce him into it?

It was Dean's idea to torch Ross' car and bury his body.

Edited by H&Alover

5 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Sorry Slade you were wrong about that kiss, it was in Tane's imagination.

You've clearly misunderstood what I've said.

On 06/10/2020 at 17:59, Slade said:

I was hoping someone was imagining things when we first saw them kiss but I suspect it's inevitable that kiss will be for real.

When they initially showed the last scene on Monday with Tane fixing the lock on the bathroom, them talking about Mackenzie's presence making things difficult for Tane and then they kissed, right at that moment, my thought (as the kiss seemed out of the blue) was I hope this is someone's imagination (although it wasn't clear which one of them was imagining if so).  Then when it was actually revealed Tane was imagining I was glad.  The last part of my statement was referring to the fact that I believe something will happen with them anyway at some point.

Really think Dean should get a paternity test even if he has to do it behind Amber's back given how quickly he's become invested in Jai.

I actually felt a bit sorry for Angelo's wife.  Angelo seems to barely acknowledge her and Colby is just using her.  However I find this storyline somewhat hard to believe.  Would she really cheat on her husband with the guy he's investigating just like that, without forcing Angelo to have a proper discussion about their marriage regardless of how much she has been enjoying her time with Colby.

Edited by Slade

Yes, burying the body was Dean's idea. Incidentally, I think telling Bella had less to do with wanting her to feel safe and more to do with the fact Dean was falling apart and it was getting harder to hide things from her. (Of course, Dean was suddenly completely fine when the storyline was over...)

Colby continues to be a despicable human being.I can understand him thinking he's the hero of the story, but does the show expect us to feel the same? That last scene of Bella and Willow fretting over him going to jail felt like we were meant to be thinking "Oh no, that can't happen to poor Colby!" rather than "Good, it's where he belongs." Colby's so busy preening himself over getting information out of Taylor and posing as Angelo to get hold of the forensics report that he hasn't twigged that Angelo didn't find any evidence and now he's left him another trail to follow. And given that his thorough clean of the car missed a watch, I imagine the lack of evidence is down to the car being cleaned a few more times since then rather than any skill on his part. I think Angelo did just want to talk to Bella at first but quickly realised Colby was giving him the run-around.

Well, that makes two people who've wanted Dean to stay away from Colby's messes. Amber does seem interested in him but not obsessively so, so maybe she can be trusted to stick to platonic co-parenting.I would be very disappointed if Jai turned out to not be Dean's.Angelo gets another scene with some of the old hands, albeit a rather generic one.

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 15:20, H&Alover said:

What's puzzling me though is why there is  such an interest in Ross's murder, it's not like he was a  big time criminal, he was a low life scumbag at the bottom of the food chain.

Sending one detective to investigate hardly seems like making a big deal about it. Of course they're going to try and solve the murder, that's their job.

• Like 1

On 07/10/2020 at 02:24, Nephlim14 said:

It was Dean's idea to torch Ross' car and bury his body.

I didn't  think I did Slade, must have been the way you phrased it.

I do agree about the paternity test, but would Amber really lie to Jai about who his dad is?  It would be unforgivably cruel to let a five year old believe the man he is getting to know is his dad when he isn't. Unless, and I can't see TPTB going there again, something happens to prove Dean isn't when even Amber thinks he is.   Willow reminded Dean of how Amber used to feel about him, a little caution of how to be around her?  I hope Amber has realised Dean is with Ziggy, she did have another little dig about Ziggy not living with Dean.

Colby is being delusional more than despicable, but knowing your feelings about him Red, I won't try and argue the point, just my opinion about his behaviour.  Taylor, certainly at the time, wasn't objecting to the after massage snogging, it was only when Bella walked in she came to her senses and ran off, bumping into Dean and Willow on her way out.  Bella was quite chuffed Colby had a new lady until it was pointed out who she was.  In the same way Angelo seems obsessed with tracking down Ross' killer Colby is obsessed with finding out how far he's go in the investigation, what he knows etc.   Taylor did, unintentionally, let slip about a car being found and that they were doing forensics  on it.   That got Colby all fired up, of course, as he couldn't use the computer, ringing the lab was his only option and he did say, he, posing as Angelo, said his email had gone on the blink and asked if they could tell him the results over the phone, so he did know Angelo had got the results.  Of course the only thing that could go wrong there is if someone from the lab rings Angelo and asks if he's got his email OK now.  Wasn't the watch found ages ago, if so it can't have been in this car which has only just been discovered?  Yes fine big relief nothing was found but his gloating was very thoughtless, doesn't matter how much of a swine he was he was still Bella's dad and the way Colby was taking it was he never, ever existed as nothing whatsoever remained of him. From what I could gather no trace of anyone else's DNA was found either. 

Willow, quite subtly got some more info out of Taylor regarding Angelo's obsession with work and this case in particular.  Still seems to me, at least Angelo is making a very big deal of it. Has he been given this case to prove himself so is determined to do all he can to get the right man. 

Good news that John has got his licence back, will make him a lot more independent, seems Amber has also suffered from John being a back seat driver. Liked Colby's joking he'd have to get more patrol cars out now John's back on the road.  Angelo is slowly re-introducing himself back to those he used to know. 

I'm not convinced Roo is that worried about Ryder getting too close with Owen and that it would upset Ryder, is she a little jealous Owen hasn't spent more time with her?? Irene still appeared to be thinking Owen just looks like Evan, has she really not seen him in the flesh?

Edited by H&Alover

11 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Wasn't the watch found ages ago, if so it can't have been in this car which has only just been discovered? 

Just because the police knew where it was a year and a half ago doesn't mean they've been keeping track of it. Dean and Colby only used one car to move the body.

9 hours ago, Nephlim14 said:

Yeah, but my question is whether Colby coaxed him into helping or if Dean insisted on covering for him.

Dean insisted.

So, today. Marilyn looking after Grace because they need to save Tori's last episode of the week for tomorrow made me wince a bit.Justin really wasn't doing a good job of convincing Ava that nothing's wrong, and it was clearly hard on him having to sit it out while Leah played with her.First time Ava's visited since Mason and Robbo died of course, and she got quite close to both of them, especially Mason, during her last visit. Leah must have been having a senior moment thinking Ava didn't know Robbo, since she was around for all of that.That family really has more than used up their tragedy quota.

Roo definitely seems uncomfortable around Owen, a lot more so than Ryder is, and he finally gets allowed out to meet people.I did like that when Roo did the typical soap thing of arranging to meet someone later and then walking away without specifying when or where, Owen actually pointed it out!

I will give Nikau credit for trying to make things up to Alf, hopefully he keeps it up.A bit of a token appearance but it was nice to see Jasmine looking happy again.

Edited by Red Ranger 1