2020 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Red, I know full well your feelings on Colby but we weren't talking about him, and he can't make moves on someone if they don't want him to. Taylor wanted someone to gripe about Angelo to and Colby was more than willing to listen, she's just giving him ammunition for his misguided vendetta against Angelo who is just doing his job. 

1 hour ago, H&Alover said:

he can't make moves on someone if they don't want him to.

That's debatable. I'm not saying Colby's a potential rapist or anything, but he's obviously latched onto Taylor with less than pure motives.Initially, he seemed to be using her to get information on the investigation after Angelo locked him out of the computer files.He must have realised pretty early on that Angelo wasn't telling her anything, so he seems to have switched to griping to her about how Angelo's treating Bella in the hope she'll put a good word in for his family and convince Angelo to look elsewhere.It's extremely manipulative behaviour and I'm not sure the fact she enjoys his company really excuses it.He even tried to make out that his marriage to Chelsea didn't work because she cared more about the job than him, when we know it was because she found out he's a murderer.

6 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

You've been doing exactly the same thing to H&Alover. And if you think I haven't been critical of Colby, then you really aren't reading my posts at all. As I've pointed out in the past, Colby could have stopped Bella if Nikau had bothered to tell someone what was going on: He spoke to her after Bella told Nikau what she was going to do, and was all set to take her to the police station there and then, and would have done so if he'd known what she was planning.So I really don't buy your argument "All the adults were somewhere else at the time."Nikau chose to run away with her and make things worse instead of putting a stop to things.

Now youre stretching a bit. Im not replying to HALover for posting mean things about Nikau. They havent even possted anything like that, even if youre claims about me were true. 

An while you keep stating how Nikau should have turned her in to Colby, it should probably be recalled that along with her plans, Bella had also told Nikau that Colby, the cop whose been harassing his family, was guilty of killing her father (justifiably or not) and is now expecting her to lie in a police interview.

Would it have really made sense for Nikau to even WANT to bring her back to Colby aafter that.

9 hours ago, Nephlim14 said:

Would it have really made sense for Nikau to even WANT to bring her back to Colby aafter that.

You mean...like he did?

Even if Colby wasn't considered an option, Ziggy actually came along while they were discussing it, Dean and Willow worked close by, as do Mackenzie and Tane sometimes. There were plenty of responsible adults Nikau could have turned to if he's not capable of being one himself.

15 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

You mean...like he did?

Even if Colby wasn't considered an option, Ziggy actually came along while they were discussing it, Dean and Willow worked close by, as do Mackenzie and Tane sometimes. There were plenty of responsible adults Nikau could have turned to if he's not capable of being one himself.

Everyone youve mentioned are practically in the same category as Colby, minus Tane. I cant even recall Bella and Tane even having a conversation.

Now if you really want me to believe that there was even a chance that Nikau could have physically stopped Bella from leaving by going for and adult, Im gonna need you to go back to that scene and break down the realistic alternate scenario youre thinking about. 

And for all your talk about Nikau being unable to be a responsible adult in the situation, Ive yet to hear you say that much about the girl who chose to leave in the first place, despite Colby and Dean already telling her it was a bad idea.

7 hours ago, Nephlim14 said:

Everyone youve mentioned are practically in the same category as Colby, minus Tane. I cant even recall Bella and Tane even having a conversation.

Now if you really want me to believe that there was even a chance that Nikau could have physically stopped Bella from leaving by going for and adult, Im gonna need you to go back to that scene and break down the realistic alternate scenario youre thinking about. 

And for all your talk about Nikau being unable to be a responsible adult in the situation, Ive yet to hear you say that much about the girl who chose to leave in the first place, despite Colby and Dean already telling her it was a bad idea.

Fine. It was all Bella's fault and Nikau is a shining beacon of perfection who can do no wrong. Every adult on the show is a useless waste of space who should bow down before Nikau and acknowledge him as the only person capable of doing the right thing. It is completely unreasonable to expect Nikau to walk a few paces and tell an adult what Bella's doing so they stop her and make sure she goes to the police station, rather than going home, packing a bag and saying "Sure, running away's a great idea, let's go!"

I have explained time and time again why I think Nikau did the wrong thing, I have broken down the episode and pointed all the opportunities Nikau had to tell someone and get them to stop Bella if he couldn't and pointed out the large gap between Nikau finding out Bella's running away and her actually doing so in which he could have thought of something better, yet you ignore everything I say and just repeat your viewpoint. What about Irene? What about Jasmine? Are they also "in the same category as Colby", which I'm not even sure I understand what you mean: Are you saying that they also killed Bella's father? Because Ziggy and Mackenzie don't even know who did, and Mackenzie's one of the few people who can actually get through to Bella so I don't know why you're dismissing her. I have never said that Bella made the right decision, and the show has never pretended she made the right decision. Yet you seem convinced that Nikau did the right thing going with her and couldn't have done anything else, and insist that anyone that says otherwise both on and off screen is wrong. You have never given a single reason why Nikau was right to help Bella run away, yet no doubt you're going to reply to this with another "Nikau is perfect! You're wrong!" post.

I really should stop indulging you because I've already said everything there is to say on the subject. If you don't want to listen, that's up to you.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the whole Bella running away situation is/was, back then Bella was not in the right frame of mind to be questioned by Angelo,  Colby had been on her case so much she was terrified of slipping up and giving Angelo justified cause to suspect either she or Colby was hiding something.  In the end her time away gave her the space she needed - without Coby breathing down her neck - to give a true account of what happened that day in her own way without having to think about what she was going to say as if reading from a script prepared by Colby. It helped she turned up at the cop shop under her own volition and Colby didn't have to 'bring her in'.  No way is Nik perfect, nobody is, they all have their flaws.  He was, imho, just acting like any lovelorn young lad would, wanting to help the girl he's fell in love with and he was going by Bella's arguments why they couldn't tell anyone.  It wasn't as if he could ask Ari or Tane's advice without giving anything away - what would he have said to them?

If Taylor wasn't Angelo's wife and the signs of not all being well in their marriage hadn't been there I don't think Colby would have gone there.  Of course we know he's got ulterior motives, she doesn't, she thinks she found a friendly ear, though being a cop he's more likely to see things from Angelo's side, ironically as in getting obsessed with a case.   Angelo doesn't come across as the kind to share things with his wife. She hasn't made any contact with any female inhabitants yet, such as Irene, Leah, Roo, Mac or Marilyn.  Angelo we know isn't stupid and would know Colby may have had a word in her ear and Colby would be making things worse by doing that Angelo would definitely think it was suss.  As I said before if she didn't want Colby's attention, Taylor is an intelligent woman and could easily shut him down with  a few chosen words or action.

We know that but Colby could hardly have told Taylor the truth about his marriage breakdown - "Oh Chelsea left me because I confessed I killed my stepfather". What he said was the easy option and was said to show he understood how she felt. 

Tane knew right away Ari's invitation to Mac was a  bad idea.  She has convinced Ari she isn't into Tane anymore, but has she convinced herself?  One thing working with him for a certain amount of hours during the day and seeing him in passing when she goes to the Parata's, but actually living there!? She is supposed to be an intelligent woman too.   How, too, did she manage to miss that text message for the rental agency.  Though I, in my ignorance perhaps, wonder why they didn't follow it up with  phone call, it was a month ago,  or now here's an old fashioned thought a proper letter?  Didn't think I would but I had to agree with Amber for a moment or two, when Mac was demanding the letting agency find her somewhere NOW!!!

Well Tori asking Ava down went well with Justin - not.   She's in the unavoidable position of being a doctor and the patient's sister - of course she knows the risks involved in the operation, but she knows the risks of him not having it, it's going to get worse and it could kill him.  She doesn't want to lose him, she didn't have a say how they lost their parents or how they lost Mason, but this time she can. 

It may have been a rhetorical question Red, but yes Roo and Marilyn did know each other before they got old.:D   

6 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Fine. It was all Bella's fault and Nikau is a shining beacon of perfection who can do no wrong. Every adult on the show is a useless waste of space who should bow down before Nikau and acknowledge him as the only person capable of doing the right thing. It is completely unreasonable to expect Nikau to walk a few paces and tell an adult what Bella's doing so they stop her and make sure she goes to the police station, rather than going home, packing a bag and saying "Sure, running away's a great idea, let's go!"

I have explained time and time again why I think Nikau did the wrong thing, I have broken down the episode and pointed all the opportunities Nikau had to tell someone and get them to stop Bella if he couldn't and pointed out the large gap between Nikau finding out Bella's running away and her actually doing so in which he could have thought of something better, yet you ignore everything I say and just repeat your viewpoint. What about Irene? What about Jasmine? Are they also "in the same category as Colby", which I'm not even sure I understand what you mean: Are you saying that they also killed Bella's father? Because Ziggy and Mackenzie don't even know who did, and Mackenzie's one of the few people who can actually get through to Bella so I don't know why you're dismissing her. I have never said that Bella made the right decision, and the show has never pretended she made the right decision. Yet you seem convinced that Nikau did the right thing going with her and couldn't have done anything else, and insist that anyone that says otherwise both on and off screen is wrong. You have never given a single reason why Nikau was right to help Bella run away, yet no doubt you're going to reply to this with another "Nikau is perfect! You're wrong!" post.

I really should stop indulging you because I've already said everything there is to say on the subject. If you don't want to listen, that's up to you.

30 minutes ago, H&Alover said:

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the whole Bella running away situation is/was, back then Bella was not in the right frame of mind to be questioned by Angelo,  Colby had been on her case so much she was terrified of slipping up and giving Angelo justified cause to suspect either she or Colby was hiding something.  In the end her time away gave her the space she needed - without Coby breathing down her neck - to give a true account of what happened that day in her own way without having to think about what she was going to say as if reading from a script prepared by Colby. It helped she turned up at the cop shop under her own volition and Colby didn't have to 'bring her in'.  No way is Nik perfect, nobody is, they all have their flaws.  He was, imho, just acting like any lovelorn young lad would, wanting to help the girl he's fell in love with and he was going by Bella's arguments why they couldn't tell anyone.  It wasn't as if he could ask Ari or Tane's advice without giving anything away - what would he have said to them?

I never made a claim that Niku was perfect, I was just saying he's not the toxic character you claimed Red. He wasnt manipulating Bella or whatever, he was just helping her because she was spiraling, she was gonna run off on her own regardless of what Nikau decided, and it was understanable that he wouldnt want to force her to stay after he just heard what type of position Colby and the rest put her in. And it wasnt even like he could actually tell someone else what was going on. 

Like HALover said, she was in a bad head space and wasnt in the best state to do an interview, especially one where she was supposed to cover for her brother. And this is what I meant when I said all the other adults were in the same category as Colby. Unwittingly or not, they all would have ended up forcing her to stay in a situation she wasnt doing well with.

This is why I was a bit irked with Tane an Ari. They simply say that there was a better way without even elaborating on it. The situation wasnt that simple. You cannot really say that if They had stopped Bella and forced her to go to the interview, she would have been just as composed. Its like judging someone for a mistake they made without considering what you would have felt or done in their same circumstances.

PS. And as someone who missed that storyline with Ross. Would anyone be so kind as to tell what exactly went down and who played what role exactly.

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 15:47, Nephlim14 said:

PS. And as someone who missed that storyline with Ross. Would anyone be so kind as to tell what exactly went down and who played what role exactly.

Killing him was basically entirely down to Colby. Dean was present but tried to talk him out of it, although he quickly switched to hiding the body and getting rid of the evidence afterwards. Willow found out weeks later and had no problem keeping quiet. Bella found out a month or two after that and didn't exactly say well done but wasn't in a hurry to tell anyone either. Ziggy wasn't with Dean at the time, they were just friends, and she doesn't have a clue what happened. Mackenzie didn't even know any of them back then and doesn't know anything about it.

So, today.Again, Mackenzie's a bit awkward but doesn't really seem to be pining after Tane, and she looks pretty happy with Ari, especially when they're alone.Tane seems to be handling it pretty well too: He wants Ari to be happy, he wants the two of them to get along, so he's trying to ignore his feelings.That said, Nikau's right to pull him up on staying out all night.If Mackenzie's going to be staying there every night for the foreseeable future, Tane can't really avoid spending the night under the same roof as her.But finally someone realises that bathroom doors are supposed to be locked!

There was a bit of a "Sorry, not sorry" vibe from Tori here.She might be apologetic about involving Ava, but things do seem to be going the way she wanted them to.Leah was a good supportive girlfriend to Justin again. Meanwhile, not quite sure what's going on with Dean and Ziggy. I think Dean's right about the situation becoming permanent if it's allowed to drag on, but Ziggy isn't avoiding him even if she's not too keen on sleepovers.

¹

12 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

.But finally someone realises that bathroom doors are supposed to be locked!

Lol, made me think of that Shane/Toadie interchange on Neighbours a few weeks ago when the former walked in on the latter applying aloe vera to his sunburned Junk! "It looked like you were wrestlin' an anaconda!"?