Best ever year?

Homeandawayfan.

That was quite something for a daytime show - only certain parts of the country had it go out at 6pm, elsewhere it was 5:10pm.  (Bit of a hangover from the scheduling of the original Crossroads in the 80s, where it went either before or after the evening news.)

ITV censorship is alive and well in the ITV3 Emmerdale repeats, some bizarre cuts going on there such as Chris Tate* referring to himself as a cripple.

*for Aussie/NZ fans: Chris was a character rendered permanently paraplegic following a plane crash and becoming very bitter and twisted in the process. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/07/2020 at 22:54, James Martin said:

That was quite something for a daytime show - only certain parts of the country had it go out at 6pm, elsewhere it was 5:10pm.  (Bit of a hangover from the scheduling of the original Crossroads in the 80s, where it went either before or after the evening news.)

ITV censorship is alive and well in the ITV3 Emmerdale repeats, some bizarre cuts going on there such as Chris Tate* referring to himself as a cripple.

*for Aussie/NZ fans: Chris was a character rendered permanently paraplegic following a plane crash and becoming very bitter and twisted in the process. 

Don't talk to me about ITV playing Surgeon with Emmerdale!

Ugh, For harmless stuff and all. What is wrong with them?!

Granada Plus never acted like this when they played the 1989-2001 run of the show.

1995 followed by 1988, 1994, 1989 and 2004.

Jack Wilson was great, he often was up to no good and used the cover of darkness to get up to his pranks such as when he crept into Don's bedroom thinking it was Angel, and when Aftershave the dog wrecked Alf's shop in the middle of the night and Jack was almost caught trying to retrieve the dog, and he pelted Alf with flour and eggs before running off into the night. At the time Alf did not know who doused him until Jack admitted it later.

• 4 months later...

Angel's accident was a good storyline and she ended up in a wheelchair for a few months.

Back then in H&A, such occurrences were the exception. They were shocking and rare, and more realistic, today they tend to be the norm, and happen ever week or so, if that was today, Angel would be critically ill then be up and about a week later and as fit as a butchers dog.

The Amanda Vale era.   I absolutely adored that character and how complex, wild she was, plus that character arc from bad girl to redeemed good person at heart was done.

Holly Brisley was amazing, she had charisma and personality, plus worked so well with a lot of the fantastic cast that was around at that time.

I loved in Amanda's bad girl era just how much utter contempt she had for Leah... I loved it.. Leah was actually written better then and had more personality as a character, where as now I find her an utter bore and unlikeable.

Loved all the SL's she had and that happy ending Panda finally got/deserved.

I was gutted for Amanda when Belle died too after their eventual emotional bond once Belle was able to forgive her over the discovery that Amanda is her Mom.

7 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Back then in H&A, such occurrences were the exception. They were shocking and rare, and more realistic, today they tend to be the norm, and happen ever week or so, if that was today, Angel would be critically ill then be up and about a week later and as fit as a butchers dog.

Iconic villains and bad boys were few and far between back then too, whereas now characters like Dodge and Revhead would probably be regulars and pushed as the stars of the show :lol:

Archived