What you'd like from the next season

Lunar

Not necessarily a storylines you'd like to see, but what would you like to see more (or less) of for the next season?

Personally I'd like to see:

- Less love triangles. Some of them are okay, but some felt very forced to me and like they came out of nowhere. I think especially amongst the teens - they feel thats the only way they can make drama.

- Roo to get an actual storyline/purpose. A lot of the times she's just sort of there or on a break, and is just kind of floating in the background and offering support to the younger kids. Maybe she could foster or take over as principal if Maggie ends up leaving?

- More teens. I don't mind the adult drama but do miss when there were a few more teens on the show (like when Romeo/Indi etc were there). I also think it would help with the friendships - I think part of the reason Bella seemed so isolated was because Raffy/Ryder were dating and so she didn't really have anyone to hang out with. I also think this could be a means for more fostering.

- Less crime. I don't mean all crime (as it would put Colby out of a job...not that he does much anyway), but the Robbo stuff got very boring after a while and was dragged out way too long. I just don't think anyone cares anymore.

- Allowing more characters to be single and follow passions/storylines outside of that. I think relationships are the go-to for drama, but they don't have to be. There's so many other interesting storylines or topics they could explore, without someone jumping from one relationship to the next. 

- Handling sensitive topics better and revisiting them. For example, mental health - I do think they did a good job with Ben's mental health storyline, but sometimes they wrap it up and its never mentioned again, or that character is never seen struggling again and magically seems fine. Its just not realistic.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, AznPride112 said:

I want more scenes for Irene - maybe for her to get an actual storyline. She's just there most of the times...

But she had a storyline this past year!

Problem is I thought it was almost too much of repeat of her storyline in 2009. 

Less Dean Karen and Colby  Willow as a group I find their stories together  very boring Dean's ok with characters like Ben and Ryder.  Bella makes Colby slightly bearable but I don't know if its down to the acting for Colby but his very dull. His alright when he has scenes with Robbo

- At least an update on Morag (deceased or living). 

- At least a brief return of Quinn Jackson (Ryder's mum) to check up on her son. 

- Less drama with Robbo! Let's be honest I think everyone is fed up with his never ending storyline.

- More culturally diverse actors/charecters. 

- Agreed @Lunar  Giving Roo more storylines is needed. Like the thought of her becoming principal. Also I would love to see a return from her former husband Frank Morgan or another update (or reunion!) with her daughter Martha.

-  @pembie I don't mind Karen just as long as her character is given more purpose in Dean's life, as I feel Karen is carbon copy of Cheryl Braxton who made few appearances then disappeared lol.

- Agreed @j.laur5 a couple of charecter returns such as Pippa would also be nice but with TPTB the chances of that happening are slim.

18 hours ago, pembie said:

Less Dean Karen and Colby  Willow as a group I find their stories together  very boring Dean's ok with characters like Ben and Ryder.  Bella makes Colby slightly bearable but I don't know if its down to the acting for Colby but his very dull. His alright when he has scenes with Robbo

Yeah I agree about Colby. I think they don't really know what to do with him outside of the Bella stuff, and even then he's irritating and I find Dean/Willow to be a better influence in her life.

17 hours ago, EndlessSummer said:

-

-  @pembie I don't mind Karen just as long as her character is given more purpose in Dean's life, as I feel Karen is carbon copy of Cheryl Braxton who made few appearances then disappeared lol.

-

Yep I find that about Karen and Dean is just like Heath thats probaly why I find him boring But I will say this about Karen she was the person to help Ben so it was a shame she never stuck around till he was sorted

Archived